What are the chances?

level
Edited Date/Time 2/23/2016 10:04am
What are chances that supercross closes up shop one day? Feld or whoever owns it just decides not making enough money to keep doing it in stadiums or some other reason and supercross ceases to exist as we know it.

What do you think the chances are and when if you had to guess? Does it keep growing and getting stronger? It has been at it for a very long time so that is good. Just be strange our sport with no supercross anymore if it did happen.
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
2/22/2016 11:42pm
I don't think the chances of that happening are very likely. Although if we ever hit another great depression I'd say the chances would be really high.
40Plus_922mx
2/23/2016 12:08am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2016 12:09am
There is plenty of money to go around. The problem stems from the few hands that recieve it.
2/23/2016 5:44am
level wrote:
What are chances that supercross closes up shop one day? Feld or whoever owns it just decides not making enough money to keep doing it in...
What are chances that supercross closes up shop one day? Feld or whoever owns it just decides not making enough money to keep doing it in stadiums or some other reason and supercross ceases to exist as we know it.

What do you think the chances are and when if you had to guess? Does it keep growing and getting stronger? It has been at it for a very long time so that is good. Just be strange our sport with no supercross anymore if it did happen.
It won't end completely. It will just become Monster Jam, where Feld owns all the teams, pays all the riders salaries, and determines the outcome. Sort of like Nuclear Cowboys, with a finish line.

IWreckALot
2/23/2016 6:05am
The one thing I've noticed, is that when advertising businesses can get the exposure SX gets, it will always have a place.

Certain aspects may change unfavorably, but the racing will be there. If Feld felt like their money was more wisely invested elsewhere, they would sell the package to another investor who would keep it going. Feld wouldn't just shut down the infrastructure and dissolve it all.

The Shop

Frodad78
2/23/2016 6:09am
Camel and Coors Light would step in. Smokes and roadies Bros....
Zaugg
2/23/2016 8:00am
It won't end completely. It will just become Monster Jam, where Feld owns all the teams, pays all the riders salaries, and determines the outcome. Sort...
It won't end completely. It will just become Monster Jam, where Feld owns all the teams, pays all the riders salaries, and determines the outcome. Sort of like Nuclear Cowboys, with a finish line.

Didn't Feld already have something like that awhile back where they raced bikes and quads along with the Monster trucks?

It was like WWE meets SX with storylines and everything. It might have been another promoter but I want to say it was associated with Monster Truck Racing.

mx295
2/23/2016 8:26am
Zaugg wrote:
Didn't Feld already have something like that awhile back where they raced bikes and quads along with the Monster trucks? It was like WWE meets SX...
Didn't Feld already have something like that awhile back where they raced bikes and quads along with the Monster trucks?

It was like WWE meets SX with storylines and everything. It might have been another promoter but I want to say it was associated with Monster Truck Racing.

In 1998 at the LA Coliseum I race a quad in one of those events. It was a week after the SX. There wasn't any dirt bikes just Monster Trucks and quads. The same year there was a Mickey Thompson type of series that had a few races. They called the trucks "Stadium Super Trucks" and the bikes "Thunder Bikes". All the bikes were the new yz400f. I was in the San Diego round on a bike. There was like 10 of us that raced. It was a good turn out but I don't think it was what they expected to keep doing it year after year.
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
2/23/2016 8:32am
If worst comes to worst, I could see total rounds being axed and maybe limiting it to a single class. Dave Prater said to Matthes that changes are coming to 2017, so I'm excited to see something happen because it's been the same for decades now and getting a little stale.
dak446
2/23/2016 8:33am
44.6% chance.
holeshot100
2/23/2016 8:37am
Even though SX may be considered a "niche" sport....how many other sports(events) besides your "ball" sports can fill a stadium?
swtwtwtw
2/23/2016 8:41am
very small, it is entertainment. on a side note, i sure miss the "ultracross" series from a couple of decades ago. That was fun.
JW381
2/23/2016 9:33am
NV825 wrote:
If worst comes to worst, I could see total rounds being axed and maybe limiting it to a single class. Dave Prater said to Matthes that...
If worst comes to worst, I could see total rounds being axed and maybe limiting it to a single class. Dave Prater said to Matthes that changes are coming to 2017, so I'm excited to see something happen because it's been the same for decades now and getting a little stale.
I think it needs changes. Absolutely. Unfortunately I don't think the changes will be good ones. Just assuming based on the promoting body. I feel like they're going to try and streamline the program even more. Make the cost of each round as low and consistent as possible, keep it TV oriented, continue to try and market the individual riders. Just the trend I see. I'd be fine with one class if it was a 250 class.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/23/2016 9:37am
Just close up? I'll go with zero percent chance.

Post a reply to: What are the chances?

The Latest