What about Brian Moreau at MEC

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2018 6:16 AM

Nobody mentioned about this guy. 7th in EMX250 and overall 4th in MEC all-stars.
I think it's pretty impressive

|

Power is nothing without control

10/15/2018 6:22 AM

He rode good, maybe a bit tight.

I hope he gives another shot at sx events !

|

10/15/2018 6:44 AM

he did as I expected...I still question why he was allowed to race because he raced in MX2... if any of the others had qualified and raced in a US national they would not have been eligible to race MEC...

|

“I’m not Swap…”

10/15/2018 6:47 AM

Question wrote:

Speaking of tight, I still don’t get how he managed to stay on 2 wheels in that corner that he took just a bit too tight

|

KX125

10/15/2018 6:50 AM

Someone said that he rode the MX2 class at the last MXGP race. So a Pro rider raced an amateur class and that should be a no go.

How that happened I don't know.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/15/2018 7:06 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Someone said that he rode the MX2 class at the last MXGP race. So a Pro rider raced an amateur class and that should be a no ...more

He got 16th overall at the last GP.

MEC is invite only correct? So they must of invited him before Imola hence he would of still been amateur at the time.

But you can race in EMX250 with a pro card. Steven Clarke raced EMX250 and has raced pro in the AMA Nationals in the year before.

|

10/15/2018 7:47 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Someone said that he rode the MX2 class at the last MXGP race. So a Pro rider raced an amateur class and that should be a no ...more

DoubleA wrote:

MEC is invite only correct? So they must of invited him before Imola hence he would of ...more

Not sure but that could be the reason why. He's not the only one who race the Amateur All-Stars class as a Pro. Tre Fierro rode for Team Mexico at MXdN just the weekend before.

Like you said maybe they got their invites before doing those races but in my opinion those 2 should have been replaced by 2 other riders.

|

10/15/2018 8:12 AM

Did they go 1, 2 ?

|

10/15/2018 8:19 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

DoubleA wrote:

MEC is invite only correct? So they must of invited him before Imola hence he would of ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not sure but that could be the reason why. He's not the only one who race the Amateur All-Stars class as a Pro. Tre Fierro ...more

The MXdN thing is kinda up in the air for me. Lorenzo Locurcio raced it for his country when he was still racing B here in the states. I think they grab whoever their best guy is, even if it's only a B rider.

But at the same time, it should only be Pros allowed at MXdN..

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/15/2018 8:51 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Moreau was on a 125 last year. He did one GP as a wild card. He will still do EMX next year. He isn’t any more pro than the guys he went up against.

|

10/15/2018 10:55 AM

sowers711 wrote:

Did they go 1, 2 ?

Nope, so i have no idea what these kids are whining aboutpinch

|

10/15/2018 12:21 PM

We watched him ride at Milestone and Lake Elsinore, kid is fast!

|

2020 YZ450F
2018 KTM 450SXF FE
2016 YZ250F 2008 CRF450R
2015 YZ250F 2008 CRF250R
2001 CR250R
2010 YZ250 2012 CRF150R
2009 YZ125 2010 KX109.5
SSR Motorsports Dealer YCF Motorcycles
TAGMX Suspension & Graphics! www.tagmxsuspension.com https://www.liquidskinzdesign.com/

10/15/2018 12:43 PM

sowers711 wrote:

Did they go 1, 2 ?

63mark wrote:

For the kid that finished 6th, probably stinks to know they would have been top 5 had a pro not raced an amateur class

|

10/15/2018 12:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2018 12:50 PM

sowers711 wrote:

Did they go 1, 2 ?

63mark wrote:

zookrider62! wrote:

For the kid that finished 6th, probably stinks to know they would have been top 5 had a pro not raced an amateur class

Lol, I remember a discussion about the pro riders just a week ago. In that discussion this guy would never be concidered to be a pro. And besides that, you can call him pro when he will be riding a full season amongst the pro scene, which in my books is MX2, MXGP or the AMA NATIONALS.

|

10/15/2018 1:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2018 4:52 AM

The kids in that class are basically pros already. Pro = professional. Those kids are professional racers already.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

10/15/2018 2:29 PM

You all missed the point...if one of the US riders qualified and raced one national they would not be allowed to race this race...Moreau qualified and raced a GP in the MX2 class...what's the difference?

|

“I’m not Swap…”

10/15/2018 2:44 PM

DonM wrote:

You all missed the point...if one of the US riders qualified and raced one national they would not be allowed to race this ...more

The difference is that you don't need to qualify for a GP.

A buddy signed up for the GP in Gaildorf, Germany in 2011 because it was a dream for him to do it.
Finished last in both motos, 15-20 seconds slower a lap than the front and at least 10 seconds slower than the second-to-last guy.
Close to 40 years old and definitely not a pro.
At an AMA national he would have never qualified

|

10/15/2018 3:27 PM

DonM wrote:

You all missed the point...if one of the US riders qualified and raced one national they would not be allowed to race this ...more

crusty_xx wrote:

A buddy signed up for the GP in Gaildorf, Germany in 2011 because ...more

Qualifying and racing a GP in MX2 is no different than qualifying and racing a 250 national and the eligibility to race in a US amateur race should be the same...nothing against Brian but this makes no sense....kinda like the road to SX you had to race and gather points in arenacross as a US amateur but if you raced MX2 in GP's you were automatically qualified....

|

“I’m not Swap…”

10/15/2018 3:50 PM

Question wrote:

Talking to the team sounds like he Will go to mx2 he’s only 16, they want to work with him some more before he does the gp series

|

Thank you,
Fly Racing, WPS, Dt-1, Mika Metals, Maxima, 100%, Motostuff, Factory Connection, Evs

10/15/2018 4:05 PM

He's racing the next SX in France.

|

10/15/2018 4:14 PM

DonM wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

DonM wrote:

Qualifying and racing a GP in MX2 is no different than qualifying and racing a 250 national and the eligibility to race in a ...more

Yeah I think you should need to qualify for a GP.
But I'm just saying, just because someone did a GP doesn't mean he's a pro.
Brian will be an "amateur" including 2019

|

10/15/2018 4:20 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

DonM wrote:

Qualifying and racing a GP in MX2 is no different than qualifying and racing a 250 national and the eligibility to race in a ...more

crusty_xx wrote:

...more

Let me put it another way...he couldn't race Lorettas...In this country once you race a GP or national you are deemed a pro.

|

“I’m not Swap…”

10/15/2018 4:33 PM

DonM wrote:

Let me put it another way...he couldn't race Lorettas...In this country once you race a GP or national you are deemed a pro.

But he could race Loretta’s.

|

Instagram @ge217

10/15/2018 4:37 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

DonM wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

...more

You need a Pro license to race the MX2 class so he had to be granted a pro license in order to race. If you hold a pro license, you're pro. Doesn't matter if you raced once or 20+ times. He scored points in a pro class. That should strip him of his amateur status.

As I mentioned above he'll be racing the next SX in France. If he lines up in the SX2 class against the likes of Escoffier, Bourdon, Lebeau, Roussaly, Do, etc. there's no way he should continue to be eligible to race as an amateur.

Hold a pro license, line up at a pro race, cross the gate, you're pro.

At least that's how it should be.

|

10/15/2018 4:48 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

...more

DonM wrote:

ge217 wrote:

But he could race Loretta’s.

Not if raced MX2 in the GP's before Lorettas...

|

“I’m not Swap…”

10/15/2018 5:08 PM

DonM wrote:

Not if raced MX2 in the GP's before Lorettas...

You’re wrong again. Ever heard of the prosport class? You should know the rules before saying he couldn’t.

|

Instagram @ge217

10/15/2018 7:30 PM

Well, when you consider there's no money (other than Holeshot money, and that's over the whole series nowadays) in 'prizes' with MX2 and MXGP, because Luongo is "putting money back into the sport #BullShit", by some trolls estimates, MX2 and MXGP would not qualify as Professional ..........

As some above have speculated, he probably got the invite / entered well before Imola, And , a few of the young blokes he was up against are making far more money as ''shAmateurs" than he currently is.

|

10/15/2018 8:52 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

You need a Pro license to race the MX2 class so he had to be granted a pro license in order to race. If you hold a pro ...more

There is no requirement to hold a 'pro license' to enter a GP. Most federations outside of the US (and maybe Canada?) don't have such a thing as a pro motocross license.

|

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

10/15/2018 11:53 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

You need a Pro license to race the MX2 class so he had to be granted a pro license in order to race. If you hold a pro ...more

Edge-Of-Adhesion wrote:

There is no requirement to hold a 'pro license' to enter a GP. Most federations outside of the US (and maybe Canada?) don't ...more

So you're telling me any C class rider can just show up at an MXGP event, pay the entry fee for the MX2 class and they'll let him race without even batting an eye at it? If so that's pretty stupid.

Up here if one of our pro racers wants to race an AMA national they have to go through the CMA/FIM to get the proper paperwork done before they can line up. All 3 of our guys that lined up for the MXdN had to go through the CMA/FIM to get an approval. It would be the same process if one of our guys wanted to race an MXGP event.

I can't see that only the US and Canada have to go through that process. I'm sure guys from Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, etc. all have a similar process they have to go through with their FIM affiliate.

If not, I'd say that it's not only stupid but unfair to the other nations.

It's already dangerous seeing C/Beginner riders on the track at the same time as the B and Pro riders at the practice track, change that to national pro and world class racers and that's a recipe for disaster.

I guess money talks and that's all that counts.

|

10/16/2018 12:24 AM

I get what you guys are saying, but it's not that simple. The kid is 16, he only rode 125s a year ago. I believe he will continue to ride EMX next year. He has done one GP as a wildcard. Like someone said earlier, pretty much anyone can apply for a wildcard. I have friends that have done a GP or two as wildcards and they would laugh in your face when they wake up for work at 6 am and you tell them they are professional riders based on a wildcard ride. Same goes for US nationals. I wouldn't consider every single guy a pro that lines up over the summer. Sure they wouldn't be able to line up at amateur races, but again they probably aren't 16 year olds a year removed from riding a 125. Use some common sense here.

For the record, I do think Moreau is in a sense a professional rider. The same can be said for a whole bunch of other EMX riders since they basically don't do anything else than ride dirt scooters for a living. But the same goes for all the other guys that lined up for the "amateur" all stars race. Anyone saying those guys are really amateurs are kidding themselves. Same could be said for some supermini riders also.

|