What a shame....

Spinner
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 3:26pm
Road Racer X was one of my favorite mags to buy.
Good stories and spectacular photography.

Best wishes to their staff.
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/31/2010 12:41am
From what I understand, Chris Jonnum is going to move to Italy and will be working with the Ducati team, and working with Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden.
motogrady
12/31/2010 5:18am

Sure is......................and whose to blame?

Think about it. Street bikes must outnumber us 10 to 1.
Yet, attend VIR or Laguna and you're in the company of maybe 100 people.
I mean, it's sad, the attendance the RR guys get.
Why don't they come?
Myself, I think it's because no one knows it's happening.
And I put that on Mr. Dingman and the AMA.
They have maybe 250,000 members, that pay about 40 bucks a year in membership.
Thats 10 million dollars a year.
Another million from Coombs and Company, plus whatever they get from DMG.
Yet they can't throw a 15 second ad on TMZ or the Nightly News about the state of the sport and what's happening in the world of motorcycling.

Hey, the roadside towing thing is great, but does it take ALL of the AMA's budget?
Look at Subway, Papa Johns, Enterprise Rentals, every one devotes a rather large percentage to National Advertizing.

Where's the AMA?
buggz
12/31/2010 6:10am
GuyB wrote:
From what I understand, Chris Jonnum is going to move to Italy and will be working with the Ducati team, and working with Valentino Rossi and...
From what I understand, Chris Jonnum is going to move to Italy and will be working with the Ducati team, and working with Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden.
Ahh. I'm sure the wifey had a little help in that too. Good for Scrot, wish him the best.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
12/31/2010 6:25am
Its a shame, it was a great pub, different from the other street/road racing mags out there, really enjoyed reading it and working with CJ. Always sad to see a magazine go.

CJ got a cool new job though, gonna be weird seeing him at the US GPs with our riders, kind of still working with him somehow Smile I'll try to hit Mugello this year.

Post a reply to: What a shame....

The Latest