What a s*** show.

Tumic
Edited Date/Time 10/12/2022 9:54am
As a european i really wanted WSX to be a good thing, but after watching this shit show of a broadcast i don’t have any positive to say about it.

I expected a top notch broadcast ala F1 or Moto gp but got this crap with strange angles, lame bike cameras and what ever.

They had a small window of showcasing this in the best way, but this just felt like every european sx through histoy but with a larger track.

And having the riders comment ”how much they love it” every time they got a mic in front of them were just lame.

//Disapointed european mx fan…
|
USA
Fantasy
507th
10/8/2022 11:25am
Tumic wrote:
As a european i really wanted WSX to be a good thing, but after watching this shit show of a broadcast i don’t have any positive...
As a european i really wanted WSX to be a good thing, but after watching this shit show of a broadcast i don’t have any positive to say about it.

I expected a top notch broadcast ala F1 or Moto gp but got this crap with strange angles, lame bike cameras and what ever.

They had a small window of showcasing this in the best way, but this just felt like every european sx through histoy but with a larger track.

And having the riders comment ”how much they love it” every time they got a mic in front of them were just lame.

It's their 1st time, it'll improve exponentially I'd bet.
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
10/8/2022 11:27am
My frustration is how heavily they are using the word WORLD to promote this s show. It’s a fair race for retired US riders. They should have waited a year until they had all their stuff sorted out and came out swinging with a good series.
M-M
10/8/2022 11:33am
I think they're doing a pretty good job at their first event.

The cams on the bikes don't work for me though.Feel sea sick Sick
Tumic
10/8/2022 11:35am
bigk218 wrote:
My frustration is how heavily they are using the word WORLD to promote this s show. It’s a fair race for retired US riders. They should...
My frustration is how heavily they are using the word WORLD to promote this s show. It’s a fair race for retired US riders. They should have waited a year until they had all their stuff sorted out and came out swinging with a good series.
The difference between this and AMA is that this is actually the world and not a national series.

I just feel that with all the time they had going in to this and then this is what we got it’s not good enough.

The track is all right but the quality of the broadcast is not.

The Shop

10/8/2022 11:37am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2022 11:38am
It’s almost as if having a tv broadcast might be harder than one might think
NATEP231
10/8/2022 11:38am
wOrLd SuPeRcRoSs SeRiEs NeW aNd ImPrOvEd
Hegz
10/8/2022 11:42am
bigk218 wrote:
My frustration is how heavily they are using the word WORLD to promote this s show. It’s a fair race for retired US riders. They should...
Tumic wrote:
The difference between this and AMA is that this is actually the world and not a national series. I just feel that with all the time...
The difference between this and AMA is that this is actually the world and not a national series.

I just feel that with all the time they had going in to this and then this is what we got it’s not good enough.

Doing a lot better than MAV TV Laughing
Mr. Afterbar
10/8/2022 11:43am
bigk218 wrote:
Tumic wrote:
The difference between this and AMA is that this is actually the world and not a national series. I just feel that with all the time...

There’s probably just as many non-American riders at an AMA Supercross. 2 races in different countries doesn’t make it a premiere championship. Not even close. With that said, I’m enjoying having some off season racing to watch while I’m laid up after ankle surgery yesterday.
clarkgray432
Fantasy
4009th
10/8/2022 11:43am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2022 11:51am
Tumic wrote:

"World" series full of our retired guys and second tier guys. I mean the 250 podium was Oldenburg, McElrath and Blose. This isn't actually a World Series. Its a poor attempt from the FIM to try and take down an AMA series because we finally realized their sanctioning is a joke.

I just feel if they had promoted this as an off season series it would have been accepted way better. But all the "world championship" bullshit and even using the results from past supercross races is a complete joke. Definitely isn't helping out with people taking it serious. Metal ramp has to go as well.

edit: I wouldn't call it a shit show though. It just needs to be what it is. Off season races. Honestly doesn't suck to have some racing to watch. Just annoying to hear Ralph and Jeff struggle to get through this broadcast.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
10/8/2022 11:55am
Picked thru the Youtube stream so quality suffered some.

Expectations played out as I thought they would....which were pretty low to begin with.

Not knock on talent....but it's really watching a B-class SX series. (aside from Tomac and Roczen....who are in the twilight of their careers). How many other "retirees" are on the field....

Reed....good grief....much respect to him but he needs to hang up his racing boots.

The onboard camera shots....HORRENDOUS.

That start. What a freaking joke..... Another 45 second cookie cutter race track we've seen way too many times already.

Stadium excitement sure seemed muted on the broadcast.... no vibe.

One thing I do like.... Ralph and Fro..... but their dialogue was forced. Just like the riders interviews.

Lightning78
10/8/2022 12:29pm
STOP CALLING THE AMA SUPERCROSS RACES "WORLD SUPERCROSS ROUNDS" WHEN REFERRING TO HISTORICAL STATS RALPH!!!
KONG
10/8/2022 12:30pm
You got to admire both Sheheen, Emig and the riders for putting a huge effort to try and picture an irrelevant evening as a moment of history.
Laughing
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
10/8/2022 12:31pm
STOP CALLING THE AMA SUPERCROSS RACES "WORLD SUPERCROSS ROUNDS" WHEN REFERRING TO HISTORICAL STATS RALPH!!!
It’s obvious he was given talking points to make part of the broadcast. He’s just doing what he’s told.
holeshot413
Fantasy
1687th
10/8/2022 12:33pm
Tumic wrote:
As a european i really wanted WSX to be a good thing, but after watching this shit show of a broadcast i don’t have any positive...

I enjoyed
Action packed
Good racing
10/8/2022 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 10/8/2022 12:35pm
Felt very much like watching an arenacross or small off season race. I think it was the camerawork but mostly the boring slippery track that really brought it down. I can't believe they paid Roczen and Tomac fuck knows how much just to ride on this shit.
clarkgray432
Fantasy
4009th
10/8/2022 12:35pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Give it time.
If it wasn't for Eli and Kenny it would have been a pretty weak attempt. The promoters should be paying Eli big for that, he mad the whole show. With the stance the OEMs have on the series and the lack of premiere talent I don't see it making it very far. Unless it stays in the fall then it has a chance. About the only time I've disagree'd with you Mav
motomx88
10/8/2022 12:38pm
Will this race count as a supercross win and be counted in the stats? Even without all the supercross riders there?
Hegz
10/8/2022 12:40pm
motomx88 wrote:
Will this race count as a supercross win and be counted in the stats? Even without all the supercross riders there?
For the World Championship, yes. Not AMA
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
10/8/2022 12:41pm
motomx88 wrote:
Not for AMA but yes for FIM.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
10/8/2022 12:41pm
Kristen Beat "Let's give it up for Eli Tomic". Good grief....

This event was like shooting fish in a barrel for Tomac.

Roczen got in his own head again.....
Tumic
10/8/2022 12:44pm
To be clear, nothing against the riders. This is a jab at the promotors / broadcast team that did a horrible job.

I don’t expect a couple of retired riders to set the world on fire, but i expect the coverage to be better than this and the man who thougt the fender cameras were a good idea should get fired.
tek14
10/8/2022 12:47pm
Talking about HISTORY was lame. 2 offseason events will never be World championship series with shitty tracks like today.
M1000
10/8/2022 12:55pm
I was cool with it. Any time I watch any motorcycle event on TV it’s a good day. 😀🏁 I like the wide track, different lines Tomac is best rider in the world. Sure am happy for Tomac/Alpinestars to figure out how to keep his pants on during a moto. Once the two of them solved that problem, Tomac has been best rider in the world. congrats 👍🥃🥃
DonM
10/8/2022 12:55pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Give it time.
If it wasn't for Eli and Kenny it would have been a pretty weak attempt. The promoters should be paying Eli big for that, he mad...
If it wasn't for Eli and Kenny it would have been a pretty weak attempt. The promoters should be paying Eli big for that, he mad the whole show. With the stance the OEMs have on the series and the lack of premiere talent I don't see it making it very far. Unless it stays in the fall then it has a chance. About the only time I've disagree'd with you Mav
Careful you will get attacked for this opinion....coverage was maybe a 4 out of 10, onboard cameras were a joke and added nothing to the broadcast...the constant "FIM World Championship" reminders from Ralph and Fro was poorly staged...referring to all the races as GP's just didn't sound right....Joseph Allen is an idiot....They need to graphically update the points between and during the races as Ralph, Fro and Joseph had absolutely no clue what the points were(they couldn't even get the top three right)...to me the jury is still out on the format, to me it was meh....track was typical Euro SX...hard, dry, one lined, short and unchallenging...the metal ramp needs to go...the field in Aus is going to be really weak without Eli and then the replacements for the replacements due to more injuries...They have a looooooong way to go to give half of what they promised...Hopefully they will realize their only chance of survival is to be a fall off season series...I'm happy that the fans in Wales got to see some stadium racing with Eli and Ken...
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
10/8/2022 12:57pm
I thought it was an awesome show!

Thanks to the organizers having the balls to make a go of it
10/8/2022 12:58pm
The whole thing just smelled shit. 2 of the best racers and the rest a mix of has beens and guys criss crossing the track. Didnt smell the FIM World Championship expectation at all. Beeing the first round I thought they were going out with a bang, not this crap.
clarkgray432
Fantasy
4009th
10/8/2022 1:00pm
DonM wrote:
Careful you will get attacked for this opinion....coverage was maybe a 4 out of 10, onboard cameras were a joke and added nothing to the broadcast...the...
Careful you will get attacked for this opinion....coverage was maybe a 4 out of 10, onboard cameras were a joke and added nothing to the broadcast...the constant "FIM World Championship" reminders from Ralph and Fro was poorly staged...referring to all the races as GP's just didn't sound right....Joseph Allen is an idiot....They need to graphically update the points between and during the races as Ralph, Fro and Joseph had absolutely no clue what the points were(they couldn't even get the top three right)...to me the jury is still out on the format, to me it was meh....track was typical Euro SX...hard, dry, one lined, short and unchallenging...the metal ramp needs to go...the field in Aus is going to be really weak without Eli and then the replacements for the replacements due to more injuries...They have a looooooong way to go to give half of what they promised...Hopefully they will realize their only chance of survival is to be a fall off season series...I'm happy that the fans in Wales got to see some stadium racing with Eli and Ken...
Bit extreme. I get where your heads at though lol I wouldn’t call Joseph Allen an idiot though. Seems like a cool dude. Just not a good commentator

Post a reply to: What a s*** show.

The Latest