What The..... TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPIONSHIP????

Lightning78
4/14/2018 11:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 6:49pm
So this is news to me Ralph and Jeff are going on and on and on about the “Triple Crown Championship”

when did this become a thing?
When did they come up with this?

I dont recall hearing ANY mention of a TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPIONSHIP specifically.... or is this Feld just making stuff up as theyre going along?
Is this Feld trying to add some spice back in series by making up a mid to late series special championship that means absolutely nothing?
Seemingly an effort just to make it look like it’s not a complete and total blow out runaway of a championship series with Jason Anderson far into a commanding lead?

Assuming Tomac is the Triple Crown “Champion” does he get an extra bimus? Was this written into his contract? (Sarcasm alert btw)

It got to the point that it was downright annoying listening to especially Ralph repeatedly how long this into my head over the broadcast that there’s some kind of Triple Crown championship that I’ve heard nothing about this entire series clearly I know they were having three Triple Crown races but do the writers get a special bonus for being the Triple Crown champion? What is the significance of the Triple Crown championship?
They mentioned it so many times it was getting super annoying

Anyone else have any thoughts on this “Triple Crown Championship?”
|
4/15/2018 12:05am
My thoughts are that this was the best racing ive seen all season long and I hope they incorporate this style of racing next year. This is not the first time there has been championships within championships and it wont be the last. To answer your question though, yes this has been stated all season long about the triple crown title.
Lightning78
4/15/2018 12:14am
It has???? I religiously watch every round and pay attention to everything Ralph and Jeff discuss.... I've listened to EVERY Pulp podcast week in and week out since Episode 3 of the PulpMx show plus I've been listening to Main Event Moto every week since they started too but I've never heard anyone mention this until tonight....I swear I don't recall ever hearing a Triple Crown Champion/Championship mentioned withing all the races this year or the media outlets....if completely missed it then I definitely feel like a complete ass-donkey and really must've hit my head A LOT harder than I thought this week when I was riding BlinkUnsureDryPinch
4/15/2018 12:16am
Evidently you did not see the press conference that announced the format changes back in November/December, and I know for a fact they have mentioned that there is a championship tied to the triple crowns on the TV broadcast before. Not really their fault you don't keep up with the sport.
Lightning78
4/15/2018 12:16am
If I'm truly on an island of One here, I guess I'll need to edit this post for sure Grinning

The Shop

Lightning78
4/15/2018 12:25am
Evidently you did not see the press conference that announced the format changes back in November/December, and I know for a fact they have mentioned that...
Evidently you did not see the press conference that announced the format changes back in November/December, and I know for a fact they have mentioned that there is a championship tied to the triple crowns on the TV broadcast before. Not really their fault you don't keep up with the sport.
Bron....read the post above I spend an embarrassing amount of time keeping up with the sport on a daily basis.....more so than I'd really like to admit. I spend more time reading vital than all my social media accounts combined ...partly because I could care less for social media in the first place but clearly you can see my post count and how long I've been a member to let at least that tell you I spend an awful lot of time paying attention to the sport and all its happenings ....im pretty surprised I missed the mentioning of a "Triple Crown Championship".....and you don't see me arguing with anyone on the subject of it, however I'm saying I really don't recall hearing or reading anything about the "Championship" part of it. I've always been completely aware there were going to be 3 Triple Crown race format events this year and possibly more next year...
Lightning78
4/15/2018 12:30am
Evidently you did not see the press conference that announced the format changes back in November/December, and I know for a fact they have mentioned that...
And again I am and have been fully aware there were going to be "Triple Crown" formatted race events this year .... Maybe you misread my post(s) Bec all I'm talking about is the fact that there's some kind of "Championship" points deal for the specific 3 Triple Crown races and after tonight a clear cut 450 Triple Crown Champion in Eli Tomac.....now, is there an equal 250 east and 250 west triple crown champion as well or was this relegated to just theb450 class because the amount of triple crown events are lopsided 2 on the east and one on the west.

Torque your sprocket bolts bro Grinning
tobz
4/15/2018 12:59am
Ah no shit I just thought they were referring to the overall as the champion.

Triple crown champ. How lame. Does he wear the #1 for next years triple crowns?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/15/2018 1:20am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2018 1:21am
tobz wrote:
Ah no shit I just thought they were referring to the overall as the champion. Triple crown champ. How lame. Does he wear the #1 for...
Ah no shit I just thought they were referring to the overall as the champion.

Triple crown champ. How lame. Does he wear the #1 for next years triple crowns?
Green plates with the number 3 in white or black plates with a flo green number 3.

I dunno but maybe that could work?
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
4/15/2018 1:22am
Vans Triple Crown was legit... 75G! Can't believe they don't even get a Holeshot award anymore.
TeamGreen
4/15/2018 1:37am
EZZA 95B wrote:
Vans Triple Crown was legit... 75G! Can't believe they don't even get a Holeshot award anymore.
Ezza-dude ALWAYS covers the truth
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
4/15/2018 1:47am
TeamGreen wrote:
Ezza-dude ALWAYS covers the truth
Stop it.LaughingWink
Bultaco
4/15/2018 8:31am
It (TC1) is as legit as the FIM World Supercross Championship brought to you by AMA board room shenanigans in a bygone era.
Rdubs19
4/15/2018 8:34am
Didn't know there was a triple crown "championship". Just thought it was an alternate format. Thought it was very cheesy.
4/15/2018 8:35am
More clueless?

This OP or the guy looking for Plessinger last night??
Ted722
4/15/2018 9:40am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2018 9:42am
Come on Lightning they announced the Championship a day before the race! Where were you!! Smile

Maybe this is their way of saying they'll keep it at 3 rounds for next year too. Get a sponsor on that thing and make it worth something if they win all 3 Triple Crown rounds. The Vans $500,000 carrot back in the day would be a good start.

speed_racer
Fantasy
2104th
4/15/2018 10:43am
I called this fiasco once the night started. The whole thing was cheap. The average fan thinks Tomac won the title.
I was totally disgusted with what they did. Major F U to Jason Anderson.
Exactly what I expected before the night started. Ralph was absolutely waiting to say those Monster Energy Champion words to the world. Supercross is rad, those that run it are douche bags.

blaster99
Fantasy
395th
4/15/2018 2:06pm
I also missed the mention of a championship. I too spend an almost embarrassing amout of time following this sport. I actually remeber thinking it was stupid that there wasn't some sort of championship invloved. Maybe I missed it.

Didn't anyone else think Tomac looked a little sarcastic when they handed him that trophy? Hey, a Monster rider needs to win atleast some sort of sx championship! Maybe that explains Andersons penalty? Maybe I have my tin foil hat on?
crf250pilot
4/15/2018 2:15pm
blaster99 wrote:
I also missed the mention of a championship. I too spend an almost embarrassing amout of time following this sport. I actually remeber thinking it was...
I also missed the mention of a championship. I too spend an almost embarrassing amout of time following this sport. I actually remeber thinking it was stupid that there wasn't some sort of championship invloved. Maybe I missed it.

Didn't anyone else think Tomac looked a little sarcastic when they handed him that trophy? Hey, a Monster rider needs to win atleast some sort of sx championship! Maybe that explains Andersons penalty? Maybe I have my tin foil hat on?
I too missed any championship mention. What was the winning purse besides getting a chest shot of the monster girl as she hands you the trophy.
m121c
4/15/2018 2:30pm
You could tell the riders didn't give two shits.. Tomac and his team were hiding their giggles knowing no one cared when they handed him the trophy for the championship. The irony was that Tomac won the TC championship but all he cared about was the real championship but is no where close.

I hope it at least came with a good purse. 9 total main events and 7 of them being additional ones on top of their already 17 round series, someone's gotta pay for that extra entertainment.
deluxeman
4/15/2018 2:43pm
I didn’t know there was a seperate championship. It’s a ridiculous idea, who cares about this crap? Maybe the only SX championship Tomac will ever win. Even the trophy presentation was lame.
philG
4/15/2018 2:59pm
Nobody cares... its even less of a championship than a regional.
lumpy790
4/15/2018 7:21pm
Did I miss when the Supercross King gave ET3 his gold crown?
4/15/2018 7:22pm
I am amazed at how many of you didn't know there was a championship tied to this. They mentioned it on the broadcast at every triple crown, it's not something they came up with this week. I guess it doesn't really matter because who cares who wins the triple crown championship but there are some wild theories in here.
APLMAN99
4/15/2018 7:38pm
Did people actually believe that the “triple” referred to the 3 main events for an evening rather than the obvious meaning of the 3 race “series” of events? It should have been pretty obvious after all the references to the Anaheim event as the first if three, etc.
mwssquad827
4/15/2018 8:05pm
I thought it was funny when tomac grabbed the trophey a showed his mechanic!! He had a smerk on his face like he thought, check out this!! Funny I laughed.. go watch
mxrider225
Fantasy
2855th
4/16/2018 2:57am
So was Tomac the champion of the single triple crown or did he do the best in all 3 triple crowns combined?
51xc
4/16/2018 5:29am
tomac clearly doesn't like the triple crown format and he clearly won't give a shit about a triple crown championship...as nobody should.
blaster99
Fantasy
395th
4/16/2018 6:37am
Any place the other 2 triple crown races' full broadcast is online? I would love to re watch to see where I missed these mentions. I also never remember seeing them talk about the championship standings after the last 2 triple crowns. I actually assumed there was a championship when I heard about the format change before the season, I am almost positive I saw something confirming no additional championship. With the change up going into the second triple crown race, it seems like they are making it up as they go.

Post a reply to: What The..... TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPIONSHIP????

The Latest