What SoCal tracks should we hit up for San Diego Supercross weekend?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/20/2018 6:40 PM

This will be our 2nd annual trek to SoCal driving from Utah for 3 days of riding and capping off with the SD Supercross on Saturday night. Last year we hit Milestone on Friday and Pala on Saturday. Our goal is to go to Pala on Saturday again to be closer to the stadium. Any suggestions for tracks that are open on Thursday and Friday?

Thursday?
Friday?
Saturday: Pala

|

11/20/2018 6:49 PM

Always check to be sure, but, glen Helen on Thurs. mstone again on Fri.

|

11/20/2018 6:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2018 6:56 PM

Thursday: Glen Helen
Friday: Lake Elsinore or Pala
Saturday: Cahuilla

Cahuilla is only open Wed/Sat/Sun and definitely worth going to. And its only another half hour further than Pala.

|

11/20/2018 8:00 PM

Definitely Cahuilla and Pala.

|

11/20/2018 8:36 PM

Hoping to find a different option for Glen Helen on Thursday. Not a big fan, but it'll do if there are no other Thursday options.

I think the Pala on Friday and Cahuilla on Saturday is the go to plan. Havent been to Cahuilla yet and everyone sings its praises

|

11/20/2018 8:40 PM

tk2stroke wrote:

Hoping to find a different option for Glen Helen on Thursday. Not a big fan, but it'll do if there are no other Thursday options.

I think the Pala on Friday and Cahuilla on Saturday is the go to plan. Havent been to Cahuilla yet and everyone sings its praises

You can do Perris on Thursday afternoon 4-8pm or Milestone.

|

11/20/2018 9:22 PM

tk2stroke wrote:

Hoping to find a different option for Glen Helen on Thursday. Not a big fan, but it'll do if there are no other Thursday options.

I think the Pala on Friday and Cahuilla on Saturday is the go to plan. Havent been to Cahuilla yet and everyone sings its praises

Cahuilla is my favorite track here. The layout on the main track right now is so rad. Its longer and flows super nice. Go catch some sand waves man!

|

11/20/2018 10:08 PM

tk2stroke wrote:

Hoping to find a different option for Glen Helen on Thursday. Not a big fan, but it'll do if there are no other Thursday options.

I think the Pala on Friday and Cahuilla on Saturday is the go to plan. Havent been to Cahuilla yet and everyone sings its praises

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

You can do Perris on Thursday afternoon 4-8pm or Milestone.

This will be ideal since we may not get to socal until the afternoon on Thursday ??

|

11/21/2018 12:21 AM

LACR. Bit further away but its an awesome track. I am planning on heading over to SD and also do a bit of riding.

|

11/21/2018 6:38 AM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Thursday: Glen Helen
Friday: Lake Elsinore or Pala
Saturday: Cahuilla

Cahuilla is only open Wed/Sat/Sun and definitely worth going to. And its only another half hour further than Pala.

Yup

|

11/21/2018 8:05 AM

Perris on Thursday, for sure way better than GH unless you are 60+ old fart.

|

11/21/2018 8:07 AM

689 wrote:

LACR. Bit further away but its an awesome track. I am planning on heading over to SD and also do a bit of riding.

Are they open on Thursdays?

|

11/21/2018 8:09 AM

ob wrote:

Perris on Thursday, for sure way better than GH unless you are 60+ old fart.

My farts smell like 40 something

|

11/21/2018 9:04 AM

Another vote for Cahuilla.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/21/2018 10:31 AM

Falcon wrote:

Another vote for Cahuilla.

Having rode Pala last Sunday and you have never been to Cahuilla I would do Cahuilla over Pala.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

11/21/2018 10:34 AM

I might actually be down to join you at Cahuilla on that Saturday. I usually want to go to pit parties at every supercross i go to but the San Diego one isn't all that great.

Save my number and text me when the time comes. EightFiveEight-242-2125

|

11/21/2018 1:18 PM

Falcon wrote:

Another vote for Cahuilla.

Not open on Thursday

|

11/21/2018 1:21 PM

ob wrote:

Perris on Thursday, for sure way better than GH unless you are 60+ old fart.

tk2stroke wrote:

My farts smell like 40 something

Ok don’t go to Perris then, maybe the bowling alley? Just kidding, Perris is your best bet for Thursday it’s just a little jumpy for some old farts.

|

11/21/2018 2:41 PM

Well, i advise you to go to Cahuilla and LACR. These are for me the best soCal tracks for the average weekend warrior.

However, if you are a fast guy and you are in great shape you should try Glen Helen (unmatched feeling to go up & down those hills) !

|

11/21/2018 2:43 PM

Falcon wrote:

Another vote for Cahuilla.

ob wrote:

Not open on Thursday

We are trying to change his saturday pick.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

11/21/2018 5:30 PM

Falcon wrote:

Another vote for Cahuilla.

Myke wrote:

Having rode Pala last Sunday and you have never been to Cahuilla I would do Cahuilla over Pala.

We go to Pala for the vet track, as our crew has more fun mixing it up on the vet over the main track. The main is ok, but we're not fans of the rocks and flow of the main. Def Cahuilla on Saturday

|

11/21/2018 5:31 PM

Falcon wrote:

Another vote for Cahuilla.

ob wrote:

Not open on Thursday

Myke wrote:

We are trying to change his saturday pick.

Cahuilla is the ? to end cap Saturday. We would like to try LACR

|

11/21/2018 5:32 PM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

I might actually be down to join you at Cahuilla on that Saturday. I usually want to go to pit parties at every supercross i go to but the San Diego one isn't all that great.

Save my number and text me when the time comes. EightFiveEight-242-2125

Brapppp

|

11/21/2018 5:34 PM

ob wrote:

Perris on Thursday, for sure way better than GH unless you are 60+ old fart.

tk2stroke wrote:

My farts smell like 40 something

ob wrote:

Ok don’t go to Perris then, maybe the bowling alley? Just kidding, Perris is your best bet for Thursday it’s just a little jumpy for some old farts.

My wings aren't clipped yet

|

11/21/2018 8:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2018 8:45 PM

Do the Carlbad Raceway reunion on Sunday in Vista (north San Diego) the day after the San Diego supercross. You can meet many of the great racers from the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

|

11/21/2018 9:15 PM

If you like soft sandy tracks, do not go to perris.


Hours

Monday - Closed

Tuesday - ***Summer Hours we are now closed Tuesday mornings / 4:00 pm- 9:00 pm Main Track Mini Night / No Big Bikes

Wednesday - 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm Open Practice Main & AM Track

Thursday - 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm Open Practice Main & AM Track

Friday - Closed

Saturday & Sunday - 9:00 am - 2:00 pm Main & AM Track



|

11/21/2018 10:19 PM

We should do a Vital Saturday pre-SD SX Cahuilla Session. That'd be fun.

I live right over the hill from the track. Braaapt.

|

11/22/2018 1:48 PM

If it were me, I'd do Perris, Pala, Cahuilla. Switching out Perris with Milestone is ok as well, I always have fun at all of those tracks.

|

11/22/2018 2:17 PM

seth505 wrote:

If it were me, I'd do Perris, Pala, Cahuilla. Switching out Perris with Milestone is ok as well, I always have fun at all of those tracks.

I rode Perris last night and the layout is super fun! The lights are pretty bad though, kinda dark in spots.

|

11/22/2018 4:41 PM

seth505 wrote:

If it were me, I'd do Perris, Pala, Cahuilla. Switching out Perris with Milestone is ok as well, I always have fun at all of those tracks.

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

I rode Perris last night and the layout is super fun! The lights are pretty bad though, kinda dark in spots.

It's fun but I am not a big fan of the wall jump before the uphill. Plus during the day the top of the uphill gets really dry and dusty because they can't reach it with water. They had some weird dragon's back thing in the middle a couple turns before the finish table. Looks like they took it out for the TWMX race last weekend.

Vet track is easy but pretty fun as well.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"