What LB really said...

Edited Date/Time 1/15/2012 9:35am
Any chance you guys are running outdoors?

Yeah, there is a chance, but we’d have to have been testing by now. Right now, we are getting this wrapped up, and then set our sights on the other bike set up. If things go well testing, we will hit a bunch, but if we don’t have time or aren’t comfortable, we will hold back. It just depends how he feels and how this ends.

When you say a bunch, do you mean three, four, seven, or more?

I’m not sure at all, because if you do six, you might as well stick it out and do the whole season. It really just depends on the next few weeks, and they two week break between Las Vegas and Glen Helen.

What are the chances?

50-50.

~TWMX~
|
jmar
4/6/2009 9:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2009 9:59pm
If James doesn't win the title I can see L&M running the nationals.
Mike D
4/6/2009 10:23pm
If Bubba only runs one national I hope it is Washougal.
That would be good. But I bet he runs a few.

The Shop

eddie
4/6/2009 10:27pm
i dont really care if james runs an ama national or not .... he has nothing to prove there . like we dont all know that he will win by thirty seconds at least , been there done that . what i would really like to see is him race a gp . that would be 100 times cooler . the euro fans would be going nuts for that .
andymoto
4/6/2009 10:46pm
With MX Sports and the NBC/Speed TV deal with half of the MX races live, why not have James race the Nationals?

More exposure for him, San Manuel, etc....be good for him and Motocross in general.

Or maybe he wants to have some time off and not suffer from the burnout Bradshaw did.

Recharge himself over the summer.
jmar
4/6/2009 10:51pm
eddie wrote:
i dont really care if james runs an ama national or not .... he has nothing to prove there . like we dont all know that...
i dont really care if james runs an ama national or not .... he has nothing to prove there . like we dont all know that he will win by thirty seconds at least , been there done that . what i would really like to see is him race a gp . that would be 100 times cooler . the euro fans would be going nuts for that .
I agree, but I don't believe he will ever do it. As you already know GPs are much different that our outdoor series here in the states. Not to say that he couldn't win but it would be much tougher than here in the states.

Different set up on the bike.
Not being use to the different living conditions.
Not knowing the tracks or riders.

NV825
Fantasy
2740th
4/6/2009 10:53pm
Please don't run the nationals James... I'm looking forward hopefully to a non runaway year. To go 24-0 is an amazing accomplishment but I don't want to see it again this year.
4/6/2009 10:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:17pm
NV825 wrote:
Please don't run the nationals James... I'm looking forward hopefully to a non runaway year. To go 24-0 is an amazing accomplishment but I don't want...
Please don't run the nationals James... I'm looking forward hopefully to a non runaway year. To go 24-0 is an amazing accomplishment but I don't want to see it again this year.
I thought James would go 17-0 in SX. So there ain't no guarantees.

If James dont run the Nationals it's because he's afraid of RV, J Law and Mikey.

Just like RC was of him.

And Larry is just trying to keep Yamaha on board. All that money and no title?

Run the Nats (just in case)

Larry is a great businessman.
jmar
4/6/2009 11:01pm
NV825 wrote:
Please don't run the nationals James... I'm looking forward hopefully to a non runaway year. To go 24-0 is an amazing accomplishment but I don't want...
I thought James would go 17-0 in SX. So there ain't no guarantees. If James dont run the Nationals it's because he's afraid of RV, J...

If James dont run the Nationals it's because he's afraid of RV, J Law and Mikey.

Just like RC was of him.

I really don't believe James is afraid of anyone. That makes no sense at all.
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
4/6/2009 11:04pm
NV825 wrote:
I thought James would go 17-0 in SX. So there ain't no guarantees. If James dont run the Nationals it's because he's afraid of RV, J...

Just like RC was of him.

jmar wrote:
x2, if supercross is any indicator I think he'll be basically just as dominant as last year.
eddie
4/6/2009 11:09pm
jmar wrote:
I agree, but I don't believe he will ever do it. As you already know GPs are much different that our outdoor series here in the...
I agree, but I don't believe he will ever do it. As you already know GPs are much different that our outdoor series here in the states. Not to say that he couldn't win but it would be much tougher than here in the states.

i agree that him doing a bunch of gp races is a very long shot , but i still remain hopeful that he will do one gp this year . the life style difference wouldnt really be a factor in a one off deal ,but yes in a season , it is a much bigger factor than most realize . not knowing the riders is not a big deal imo .... moto is moto . doing a gp would also be useful in getting used to a mxdn bike setup too and i think that james would really like to erase that whole thing about not having ever won his class at that race . it would also be very good for promoting the 'james stewart entertainment' dealio . the hype would be off the charts ....
jmar
4/6/2009 11:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:17pm
jmar wrote:
I agree, but I don't believe he will ever do it. As you already know GPs are much different that our outdoor series here in the...

eddie wrote:
i agree that him doing a bunch of gp races is a very long shot , but i still remain hopeful that he will do one...
i agree that him doing a bunch of gp races is a very long shot , but i still remain hopeful that he will do one gp this year . the life style difference wouldnt really be a factor in a one off deal ,but yes in a season , it is a much bigger factor than most realize . not knowing the riders is not a big deal imo .... moto is moto . doing a gp would also be useful in getting used to a mxdn bike setup too and i think that james would really like to erase that whole thing about not having ever won his class at that race . it would also be very good for promoting the 'james stewart entertainment' dealio . the hype would be off the charts ....

It's not knowing the riders, it's knowing how they react when you're coming thru the Pac, passing someone or just racing with another rider. James knows how all the riders here are going to react, not so there so he would ride with a little more caution.

He would do fine but it would be somewhat new for him.
4/6/2009 11:16pm
jmar wrote:

eddie wrote:
i agree that him doing a bunch of gp races is a very long shot , but i still remain hopeful that he will do one...
James Stewart Entertainmet is the new 1-800-COLLECT
eddie
4/6/2009 11:19pm
jmar wrote:
It's not knowing the riders, it's knowing how they react when you're coming thru the Pac, passing someone or just racing with another rider. James knows...

It's not knowing the riders, it's knowing how they react when you're coming thru the Pac, passing someone or just racing with another rider. James knows how all the riders here are going to react, not so there so he would ride with a little more caution.

He would do fine but it would be somewhat new for him.
meh ..... he usually holeshots anyway ! Cool
elgin104
4/6/2009 11:24pm
What LB really said:

Life is a game and I will do anything to win.
the_wood109
4/7/2009 12:07am
Funny thing

Brooks wrote an article about it, yet he said something else?

He didn't actually say what he said?

Funny again because the only person that speaks for Larry Brooks is Larry Brooks.
jackson222
4/7/2009 1:18am
NV825 wrote:

Just like RC was of him.

jmar wrote:
Gotta agree with that, the guy will back himself in any race, anywhere, against anyone. I wish him and Reed would run the nats, we need to see if Mike can find the extra pace to run there, and if RV could ever do it. Throw in JLaw and it would still be an awesome season..

Post a reply to: What LB really said...

The Latest