Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:10pm
....Is that there's really nothing to hate about the kid. I hate that! Cool
|
plowboy
6/24/2010 10:42pm
Mary Poppins....practically perfect in every way.Cool
mxtryon231
6/25/2010 12:11am
There is nothing to hate about the guy, unless you are chasing him around the track.

I couldn't think of a better investment for a sponsor than to back a class-act like Dungey who delivers results.
Lightning78
6/25/2010 12:57am
Yea its difficult to find a fauilt in the kid I get what you are saying, there is nothing for the haters to bash him for.....cept that one industries gear tantrum LOL

One thing I wish he would work on though is when he is being interviewed, instead of saying "but uh" it always sounds like he is saying "butta" LOL....he is just too squeaky clean!

The Shop

jackson222
6/25/2010 2:16am
I wish he would open up at least a little bit in interviews. He can still be boring on the podium but he needs to open up in the media abit. Reed and Villopoto are guys I love to read about or listen to interviews with them because they tell it like it is and aren't afraid
shmoo
Fantasy
226th
6/25/2010 2:31am
what I hate is that he's the best we've got.

really, that's it? that's the best?

I blame 4-strokes.

Highsider
6/25/2010 5:29am
jackson222 wrote:
I wish he would open up at least a little bit in interviews. He can still be boring on the podium but he needs to open...
I wish he would open up at least a little bit in interviews. He can still be boring on the podium but he needs to open up in the media abit. Reed and Villopoto are guys I love to read about or listen to interviews with them because they tell it like it is and aren't afraid
His Budds Creek interview was "almost" a breakthrough in a more candid podium speech.
SteveS
6/25/2010 5:31am
jackson222 wrote:
I wish he would open up at least a little bit in interviews. He can still be boring on the podium but he needs to open...
Sometimes I get the feeling that what we see is as open as it gets. There's nothing behind the curtain yet.
txmxer
6/25/2010 6:24am
This is some funny shit right here.

Here's a kid that was raised to be a motocrosser. What is he, 20 years old? He has reached the pinnacle of the sport. More likely than not, by the end of this year he will have accomplished more than he probably ever dreamed he could 5 years ago.

How many people on here had achieved ultimate success by age 20? How many of you retired on your 21st birthday with millions in the bank?

And some of you think...is that all there is? What a joke. Look in the mirror and ask yourself...what have you done with your life? Is that all there is?
Racer92
6/25/2010 6:40am
Mike gets it. The monkeys would do well to listen when he talks.
raddad
6/25/2010 6:48am
I hate that i can't ride a scooter at half the speed he canSad
level
6/25/2010 6:50am
He kind of mimics RC with his head movement sometimes when being interviewed and the but um. haha.
JW381
6/25/2010 7:09am
I don't hate anything about Dungey.

I am not a fan of his frosted tips, or his lack of personality and emotion. His scripted interviews get old, even more so than other riders.

But you can't argue with results, so it's blatantly obvious that Roger D knew exactly what he was doing when he plucked him out of the INT class.
Wandell
6/25/2010 7:25am
mxtryon231 wrote:
There is nothing to hate about the guy, unless you are chasing him around the track. I couldn't think of a better investment for a sponsor...
There is nothing to hate about the guy, unless you are chasing him around the track.

I couldn't think of a better investment for a sponsor than to back a class-act like Dungey who delivers results.
Exactly. Dungey is a class-act. Most people don't realize how focused he is. Dungey is worried about winning motorcycle races and that's about it. There is no one in our sport today that is more focused or trains harder. And guess what? Hard work pays off.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
6/25/2010 7:33am
Way to think positive "BAD10".

Dungey is a class act. If you like an edgier type of rider than pick Grant or Lawrence.
jeffro503
6/25/2010 7:34am
I hate the fact that if i actually pulled a holeshot on Ryan........I wouldn't see him after the first corner.......or until 3 laps later when he lapped me.....maybe 2.

What can you say.........the kid is a good kid. Don't worry though , with all the microscopes placed on him , if he even says one word the wrong way....he'll be crucified on here!

You can't stub your toe in this sport and yell " Aww shoot!".........without having about 20 douche' bags jump on here and slam you for it.
6/25/2010 7:38am
level wrote:
He kind of mimics RC with his head movement sometimes when being interviewed and the but um. haha.
WIth RC it was always "and ah...and ah...and ah...and ah"

Reed used to always start with "well, ya know"

McGrath would always shrug when he didn't like the question.

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
6/25/2010 7:46am
I agree with the OP.

There isn't anything to not like about RD. IMO
Nikhil
6/25/2010 7:49am
I don't hate him, but I don't root for him either. It's like he reads his interviews off a teleprompter... no personality.
SMITH201
6/25/2010 7:52am
Yea its difficult to find a fauilt in the kid I get what you are saying, there is nothing for the haters to bash him for.....cept...
Yea its difficult to find a fauilt in the kid I get what you are saying, there is nothing for the haters to bash him for.....cept that one industries gear tantrum LOL

One thing I wish he would work on though is when he is being interviewed, instead of saying "but uh" it always sounds like he is saying "butta" LOL....he is just too squeaky clean!
Or his favorite quote "at the end of the day". Im getting sick of that Dizzy
burnside
6/25/2010 7:57am
Nikhil wrote:
I don't hate him, but I don't root for him either. It's like he reads his interviews off a teleprompter... no personality.
Same I don't hate or root for him. If he's going to be in the spotlight so much you just wish he was a bit more interesting for the sports sake eh. Matthes even said 'its pointless interviewing him' or something to that effect because he doesn't give you anything (heard that on the Villo podcast). Is crazy how well he is doing this year though. Hope the rest of the pack get closer though or its going to be a snore fest!
Outsider
6/25/2010 8:12am
I hate all the injuries this year in SX.
TooOldToPlay
6/25/2010 8:14am
I can't help but see Dungey as being the most "DeCoster-like" of any of the riders Roger has brought into his fold. I remember DeCoster as very dry and non-confrontational during the years he ruled the racing world. I think that is why it has been such a successful relationship between the RD's..they are so similar...Modest, naturally talented, hard workers.
Racer92
6/25/2010 8:20am
I can't help but see Dungey as being the most "DeCoster-like" of any of the riders Roger has brought into his fold. I remember DeCoster as...
I can't help but see Dungey as being the most "DeCoster-like" of any of the riders Roger has brought into his fold. I remember DeCoster as very dry and non-confrontational during the years he ruled the racing world. I think that is why it has been such a successful relationship between the RD's..they are so similar...Modest, naturally talented, hard workers.
Roger is the word humble, personified.

DoctorJD
6/25/2010 8:28am
jeffro503 wrote:
I hate the fact that if i actually pulled a holeshot on Ryan........I wouldn't see him after the first corner.......or until 3 laps later when he...
I hate the fact that if i actually pulled a holeshot on Ryan........I wouldn't see him after the first corner.......or until 3 laps later when he lapped me.....maybe 2.

What can you say.........the kid is a good kid. Don't worry though , with all the microscopes placed on him , if he even says one word the wrong way....he'll be crucified on here!

You can't stub your toe in this sport and yell " Aww shoot!".........without having about 20 douche' bags jump on here and slam you for it.
Thanks for saving me the keystrokes. My sentiments exactly.
Torco1
6/25/2010 8:32am
I'm really impressed with how motivated and focused he is. Not many 20 year olds could run the training program he does without any outside help the way he does it.
sc961
6/25/2010 8:48am
What I hate about Dungey.......

Nothing.. What's to dislike.

Good kid, works hard, executes on and off the track, is humble and respectfull.

Sounds like he was brought up right.

As for the interview process, if memory serves correctly many of the sports top stars have taken a number of years to be good on the mic.. Maybe Ryan's time is coming. He's certainly going to get a lot of practice from the look of things.

I hope he learns the value of being available to his fans earlier than others. That is something that can be a hard lesson for some.
mag23
6/25/2010 8:56am
maybe he's the next Tiger Woods...
hacker 522
6/25/2010 9:15am
I have to wonder, is he even human. There has been nothing about this kid other than race day or testing. The other riders all seem to enjoy life outside of racing. RV likes killing shit. Reedy post numerous videos messin around with boats jet skis and alligators. Grant's always goofing off on video. It's creepy really, does roger just load the bikes up and plug dungey into some wall in the trailer to charge for next week? I hope it is just part of his program, which obviously works, to keep his personal life/hobbies so secret.

Post a reply to: What I hate about Dungey.......

The Latest