What Broc Tickle should've done, but still can do!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/15/2018 6:52 PM

plowboy wrote:

I could look it up but I'm too lazy....are the Canadian nationals not FIM sanctioned? Are they not WADA monitored?

kage173 wrote:

Nope. It's Canada bro

Hell, it's the wild wild west in Canookland. Them guys are off the hook, eh?

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

5/15/2018 6:57 PM

Photo
|

5/15/2018 7:16 PM

Brock could do very well in Canada.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

5/15/2018 7:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2018 7:47 PM

He's just gonna have to swallow the pill of "done". The last thing he needs to do is waste a bunch of money on lawyers and still get handed a 1.5 year suspension. There is no "due process" in the wada. Like I say, he's had a good career.

|

5/15/2018 7:46 PM

You can buy Epo off the shelf over the counter too in Switzerland and some other countries. You can buy needles, empty IV bags, centrifuge and a freezer over the counter in almost every country and that is almost the only thing you need to start doing blood doping. The over the counter, off the shelf argument is just stupid as defense.

|

5/15/2018 9:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2018 9:16 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

He was suspended approximately 2 months after he gave the sample. He very well may not write down everything he ingests, every ...more

Dirty Points wrote:

Unless the athlete is in the registered testing pool, they are tested very seldom, so they would have no problem saving supps ...more

APLMAN99 wrote:

You lost me there. I don't really see how being in the testing pool would make it more difficult to save anything.......

Because rtp athletes are tested often, so they would be needing to save nearly everything they ever consumed, which isn't very practical. On the other hand, Keeping a sample of supps from when they are tested would be relatively easy for the guys who only get random testing once every few years.

|

5/15/2018 9:48 PM

GuyB wrote:

I'd wonder about consistency between the products. Especially if it's a brand that mislabels stuff...

Wow the lawsuit that he could win for a miss labeled product designed for consumption would be HUGE!

|

5/15/2018 10:03 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Wow the lawsuit that he could win for a miss labeled product designed for consumption would be HUGE!

Yeah, but how do you test what you took? Pre-workout mix? That would have been three or four big containers ago. Same for protein, recovery drinks, or drink mixes that get supplied in big gallon bags.

Remember, he was tested in January, got results in April, and had the B sample tested in May. Who knows when he gets his hearing. He’s still waiting on the analysis. This system is a bit nuts, especially when you consider that sports like MMA or NASCAR can get results back in just a few days.

I was told that Broc had a few of the products he used regularly tested, and all came back negative.

Oh, a couple notes on the process that he’s going through now...

Cost to have the B sample tested? $950. Because he didn’t travel overseas to witness the test himself? He had to pay someone at the lab to witness it for him, to the tune of another $350.

|

5/16/2018 2:50 AM

With lawyers, some people have had luck protesting the samples handling procedures by WADA. How was the sample taken, how transported, how kept, was all the required documentation filled in correctly and so on. There are pretty strict rules for WADA also how they have to do and document actions with the samples (people around samples, temperature of samples ...) . Usually if athlethes get out of penalty - lawyers find something that WADA did or documented wrong while handling the samples. That ofcourse dosent clean your name, but athletes seem to have more luck with that than protesting that it came from some known substance or from some place they didnt know.

|

5/16/2018 5:37 AM

You cannot buy it off the shelf at GNC and it is not found in nasal sprays. Those are myths. It is a banned substance. It is a performance enhancer. If you are taking it, it's because you know a guy who knows a guy.

|

5/16/2018 6:09 AM

Canada. The home of WADA. That’ll go down well.

|

5/16/2018 6:18 AM

I knew there was 0 chance he was getting off. Hope he gets a ride in Canada he could probably win it

|

5/16/2018 6:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2018 6:38 AM

MXMattii wrote:

For this he's too late: Collected samples of everything he took that week from supplements, shakes,... to let it tested. Maybe ...more

As much as it sucks for him, all your suggestions still come back to the point that whatever caused it that this substance got in his system he is still responsible for it, as in he will get suspended for it.

His A & B sample tested positive. The only way i see him getting out of this is via a technicality (not following procedure) on both samples.

I've seen a bunch of guys fight doping sentences and 99 out of 100 lose. With him not going to make a dime in MX the next 4 years my advice would be keep the money you have in your pocket and don't fight a fight you cannot win.

Also, and this is probably an impopular opinion, but every athlete that tests positive has the same story that they didnt do it. Maybe he didn't, but i have seen dozen of athlete tell the same story who ended up admitting years later that they did. It makes me very very pessimistic on giving him the benefit of the doubt.

|

5/16/2018 6:44 AM

MXMattii wrote:

For this he's too late: Collected samples of everything he took that week from supplements, shakes,... to let it tested. Maybe ...more

I work with lawyers everyday. A 9 to 5 attorney doesn't exist (24hr attorneys). Time zones are not an issue, literally all firms work with associated firms around the global so these issues don't happen. I'm sure Tickle is doing the best he can.

|

5/16/2018 8:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2018 8:28 AM

The wada doesn't look at guilt or innocence, they only look at a violation (I personally don't think Broc intentionally took something to get away with it). That is not the issue, the penalty and process after the fact, is the issue.

Its just a bad situation, and there's really nothing he can do. Its like being thrown into a foreign jail or something. He's beyond reach and completely at their mercy.

|

5/16/2018 10:19 AM

GuyB wrote:

I'd wonder about consistency between the products. Especially if it's a brand that mislabels stuff...

if he's not using NSF certified supps, the blame lies with himself. If he WAS using NSF, we'd know by now.

|

5/16/2018 10:27 AM

Remember the good ol’ days of DS Craze?

It seemed like it was everyone’s favorite pre-workout for a while. It won awards.

Furious Pete gave Craze a 10/10 rating on his Youtube channel

It made you lift harder, stronger, and longer, all while making you feel amazing. That’s what most people experienced anyways.

Then people/companies started lab testing Craze, and the findings were not good.

It was reported that the original formula of Craze contained meth-like compounds.

Some people didn’t care what was in it, as long as it worked. Some stores pulled it from their shelves immediately. Prices began to skyrocket as stock ran out, and bodybuilders across the globe tried to get their hands on the last of the precious supply.

In 2013, it was taken off the market.

Run-ins With The Law

Driven Sports CEO, Matt Cahill

This was the most amazing pre-workout ever, I took this for years it was so good, and like the article said, it worked so well I didn't care what the hell was in it. This is just one example of how out of whack the supplement world is, especially pre workouts.

|

5/16/2018 10:34 AM

I am wary of being critical of another counsel who is actually representing someone and has the facts, but I don't think fighting this in the court of public opinion with aggressive PR is going to do much to advance Broc's chances with the folks who will decide his fate and have some discretion -- not a lot, but some -- in terms of the consequences.

Any of the sanctioning bodies who have tethered themselves to the doping code might do well to have a couple more people on board and a more robust process for guiding the athletes through the process and expedites a final decision. This is something the sanctioning bodies have the flexibility to do even if they cannot depart from the Code's sanctions regime. A transparent process that yields prompt decisions is at least as important to athlete fairness as creating clean competition.

|

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

5/16/2018 10:38 AM

scooterwhipmoore wrote:

Broc should have rode SX better and KTM wouldn't have spiked his drink.

That's its own 10 pager

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

5/16/2018 10:39 AM

A lot of people here sound like those douchebags who used to defend Lance Armstrong. WADA has seen it all. They know a lot more about banned substances -- and the efforts users will go to disguise or defend their actions -- than everyone here multiplied by a million.

|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

5/16/2018 10:40 AM

GuyB wrote:

Yeah, but how do you test what you took? Pre-workout mix? That would have been three or four big containers ago. Same for ...more

$350 to have someone present and NOT fly overseas to Europe is actually a bargain in both time and money dont ya think?

|

5/16/2018 10:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2018 11:01 AM

GuyB wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Yeah, but how do you test what you took? Pre-workout mix? That would have been three or four big containers ago. Same for ...more

Interesting information. Based on what you are saying it sounds like Broc is pretty confident that he did not take any supplement containing that substance.

I'd be curious to find out if the riders in the Baker camp:
1. Acquire their own supplements based on a list from Aldon
2. If they are all on the same supplements.
3. What instruction Broc receives on when and what to take.
4. Is there a paper trail on any of that.

It's going to get real ugly at some point here.

Also, something to be noted on top of that. If it took until April to receive results from January...there is still a chance that more failed tests are to come from Feb - May.

Was this the only time Broc was tested?

|

5/16/2018 10:58 AM

burn1986 wrote:

He's just gonna have to swallow the pill of "done". The last thing he needs to do is waste a bunch of money on lawyers and ...more

That’s the logical approach, it seems he will go for the emotional approach, lawyers will be rubbing their hands together....win win

|

5/16/2018 11:27 AM

Meanwhile, just go to Canada ??

|

5/16/2018 1:02 PM

Dirty Points wrote:

Unless the athlete is in the registered testing pool, they are tested very seldom, so they would have no problem saving supps ...more

This doesn't prove anything. Lets see I'm taking such-n-such and I know it is an ingredient in this energy bar, so if I get tested I'll say I ate a case of those energy bars.

Should have bribed WADA and FIM. I think that's how it works over there.

|

5/16/2018 1:44 PM

DA498 wrote:

He can’t race anywhere.

|

5/16/2018 1:48 PM

DA498 wrote:

Robgvx wrote:

He can’t race anywhere.

He can race in Canada if he wants. Our series is not affiliated with the FIM.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/16/2018 2:02 PM

DA498 wrote:

Robgvx wrote:

He can’t race anywhere.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

So why didn’t Stewart?

I think you’ll find he’ll be banned from all competition. Quite how they enforce that I’m not sure though.

|

5/16/2018 2:17 PM

Robgvx wrote:

He can’t race anywhere.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Robgvx wrote:

So why didn’t Stewart?

I think you’ll find he’ll be banned from all competition. Quite how they enforce that I’m not sure ...more

I think you'll find you are incorrect look at Cade Clason

|

5/16/2018 2:49 PM

Brownstone322 wrote:

A lot of people here sound like those douchebags who used to defend Lance Armstrong. WADA has seen it all. They know a lot ...more

Uh uh, the Faulters just ripped off their shirts......

As Jerry Reed would say...........................................................

|

Kevin Windham‏ @kdub_14

Not 1factory racer hasnt been told that if ucan help teammate out, then do it 4 championship. Few r in a position like MM25 #partofthesport