What Amateurs Do You Pick Up After This Week at Lorettas?

Samuel
8/4/2017 3:45pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Id pick up whoever has the best work eithic/talent mix. As seen with ac and forkner, being a badass amateur dont mean shit in the pro...
Id pick up whoever has the best work eithic/talent mix. As seen with ac and forkner, being a badass amateur dont mean shit in the pro class
Both AC and Forkner have work ethic and talent. Injuries can happen to anyone. AC won his first sx and was leading the championship his rookie year before getting injured. The 250 class is also filled with a bunch of vets. The guy leading the points is nearly 28. I imagine if Forkner is in there at 28, he'll be dominating.
MXMattii
8/4/2017 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2017 3:50pm
Joe Shimoda, racing Jett Reynolds on a 65 (Junior World Championship 2014) and now battling for podiums in the 250B class. That makes me wanna pick him up! Together with Garrett Marchebanks and Mathew Leblanc and Josh Varize. Those two last named have a very nice, standing up, European kind of style. A bit like Robbie Reynard, Stefan Everts and Kevin Windham.
Money
8/5/2017 1:45pm
Jett reynolds Ryder D daxton bennick and ty masterpool would be my picks
8/5/2017 3:08pm
MXMattii wrote:
Joe Shimoda, racing Jett Reynolds on a 65 (Junior World Championship 2014) and now battling for podiums in the 250B class. That makes me wanna pick...
Joe Shimoda, racing Jett Reynolds on a 65 (Junior World Championship 2014) and now battling for podiums in the 250B class. That makes me wanna pick him up! Together with Garrett Marchebanks and Mathew Leblanc and Josh Varize. Those two last named have a very nice, standing up, European kind of style. A bit like Robbie Reynard, Stefan Everts and Kevin Windham.
I'm not an expert on what amateurs ride for who, but I believe Shimoda rides for Geico Honda.

The Shop

MXMattii
8/5/2017 3:16pm
MXMattii wrote:
Joe Shimoda, racing Jett Reynolds on a 65 (Junior World Championship 2014) and now battling for podiums in the 250B class. That makes me wanna pick...
I'm not an expert on what amateurs ride for who, but I believe Shimoda rides for Geico Honda.
Indeed he's locked by Amsoil (Geico) Honda. So is Garrett Marchebanks who's locked by Pro Circuit Racing.
MXWebmaster
8/5/2017 3:51pm
RonJon wrote:
Challen Tennant
GrapeApe wrote:
Sarcasm?
Why do you say sarcasm? What happened with Challen Tennant and his ride that apparently Cooper is going to get now? Did I miss something with this kid?
Money
8/5/2017 5:20pm
RonJon wrote:
Challen Tennant
GrapeApe wrote:
Sarcasm?
Why do you say sarcasm? What happened with Challen Tennant and his ride that apparently Cooper is going to get now? Did I miss something with...
Why do you say sarcasm? What happened with Challen Tennant and his ride that apparently Cooper is going to get now? Did I miss something with this kid?
Looks like he got out performed this week to me.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/5/2017 5:45pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
Pinhancos is a sleeper with bad starts, 2nd 250 A moto came from like 6th or 7th and was about to pass into third but ran...
Pinhancos is a sleeper with bad starts, 2nd 250 A moto came from like 6th or 7th and was about to pass into third but ran out of time. Only kid I know of in the top 12-15ish without any major help. Only reason he's even on a current generation bike is that he won it at KROC. Comes into the dealership I work at sometimes and is a respectful young kid.
Digger29 wrote:
Completely agree, Great kid and great dad. I've had them in my RV at a cpl races this season for dinner and to watch whatever MX...
Completely agree, Great kid and great dad. I've had them in my RV at a cpl races this season for dinner and to watch whatever MX race was on and he's a humble and very polite kid with major talent. He's got that I'm not wasting any energy and he never looks like he's going fast talent because he's just so smooth. He's been killing it here in New England all yr. His corner speed is off the charts and just pro level. I love his dad. He deserves a ride.
When Pinhancos is on, he is really on. Very talented, coming in under the radar a bit, and lots of upside.
8/5/2017 5:55pm
I would consider any rider that won A/B classes at both LL and Mammoth this year...Cooper comes to mind first.
8/5/2017 6:59pm
All the supermini kids in top 5 were impressive. Ty did a lap within about a second of A class fast lap time following the A class moto immediately on same track. That's pretty good. The TM is quite good.. he needed a little more chassis set up time imho but overall it proved itself a great (title winning) bike he has had zero issues with all year.

The ktm number 34 kid on supermini was really impressive I don't think he has any deals. People don't realize many of the "deals" aren't all they seem. They also come with required obligations that some people don't care for.

Outside of that, when justin Cooper was on he looked pro ready. Marchbanks looks polished and silky smooth but extremely fast, and the 125 schoolboy kids in top 5 were all extremely fast for a 125 time wise vs all other classes.

Mike brown is ready to restart his career it seems... horizon award winner
8/5/2017 7:32pm
Casey Cochran or Drew Adams.

Casey won his third title. Drew won a title and second overall in 65cc.
Rockinar
8/5/2017 9:47pm
Looking into the B classes and Schoolboy Classes and even Supermini, if you were to try and pick up some riders for Factory Support, who would...
Looking into the B classes and Schoolboy Classes and even Supermini, if you were to try and pick up some riders for Factory Support, who would you go after???

B Classes-
1. Hammaker. Kid has raw speed and works his butt off. If I were TLD KTM, Geico/AMS Oil Honda, and even PC, I would look at grabbing this guy for his final year in A class and carry him into the pros for a year or 2.
2. Marchbanks. He has hauled the mail all week so far, but I think he may have a PC ride already??

Schoolboy-
Jalek Swoll. I think he may already have a tie to Husky, but I am not sure.

Supermini-
Ty Masterpool. Get him off a TM and onto something better going into big bikes....Yamaha should have a spot open up with Justin Cooper getting a pro deal.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts!!!
*coughs* J LAW.
bama205
8/5/2017 9:56pm
What about the older masterpool brother ?

Post a reply to: What Amateurs Do You Pick Up After This Week at Lorettas?

The Latest