What Amateurs Do You Pick Up After This Week at Lorettas?

mikejones202
Fantasy
3161st
8/3/2017 7:07am
Looking into the B classes and Schoolboy Classes and even Supermini, if you were to try and pick up some riders for Factory Support, who would you go after???

B Classes-
1. Hammaker. Kid has raw speed and works his butt off. If I were TLD KTM, Geico/AMS Oil Honda, and even PC, I would look at grabbing this guy for his final year in A class and carry him into the pros for a year or 2.
2. Marchbanks. He has hauled the mail all week so far, but I think he may have a PC ride already??

Schoolboy-
Jalek Swoll. I think he may already have a tie to Husky, but I am not sure.

Supermini-
Ty Masterpool. Get him off a TM and onto something better going into big bikes....Yamaha should have a spot open up with Justin Cooper getting a pro deal.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts!!!
|
JBlain619
8/3/2017 7:31am
Marchbanks is already signed with PC. "Supposed" to be racing the Nationals starting at Hangtown 2018.

It goes without saying I think Seth should sign a contract that takes him into the pro's but I'm biased. Great kid, hard worker. Doesn't train/ride full time at a training facility, gets it done in his small backyard turn track.

Swoll is legit. If I'm not mistaken, he is signed into his pro career.

Ty Masterpool absolutely should be getting a ride from someone. Too much talent there not to be on a major team.

Mason Gonzales is another that should be getting a shot with a team. Super fast, very nice smooth style. Worked with Tichenor for a while. Good kid!

mikejones202
Fantasy
3161st
8/3/2017 7:32am
JBlain619 wrote:
Marchbanks is already signed with PC. "Supposed" to be racing the Nationals starting at Hangtown 2018. It goes without saying I think Seth should sign a...
Marchbanks is already signed with PC. "Supposed" to be racing the Nationals starting at Hangtown 2018.

It goes without saying I think Seth should sign a contract that takes him into the pro's but I'm biased. Great kid, hard worker. Doesn't train/ride full time at a training facility, gets it done in his small backyard turn track.

Ty Masterpool absolutely should be getting a ride from someone. Too much talent there not to be on a major team.

Mason Gonzales is another that should be getting a shot with a team. Super fast, very nice smooth style. Worked with Tichenor for a while. Good kid!

For some reason, Seth gives me a little bit of that Dungey vibe? Could I be wrong in saying that?
aroark247
8/3/2017 7:52am
Carter Halpain, smoked the 450 B class and was running 3rd in 250B until he busted his ass jumping that gigantic table to single
JBlain619
8/3/2017 7:55am
JBlain619 wrote:
Marchbanks is already signed with PC. "Supposed" to be racing the Nationals starting at Hangtown 2018. It goes without saying I think Seth should sign a...

For some reason, Seth gives me a little bit of that Dungey vibe? Could I be wrong in saying that?
Nope...a lot of similarities!

The Shop

JBlain619
8/3/2017 7:57am
aroark247 wrote:
Carter Halpain, smoked the 450 B class and was running 3rd in 250B until he busted his ass jumping that gigantic table to single
Agreed! That crash was gnarly! Hope he's ok, he was flying.
jsleeds
8/3/2017 8:01am
I thought Haiden deegan looked good on the 65cc
Camp332
8/3/2017 8:32am
Jalek Swoll! Cause he Swole Bro.

And "anyone else I forgot"
peelout
8/3/2017 8:56am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2017 8:59am
i'd be really surprised if Marchbanks goes pro before 2019, but i'll also be surprised if he doesn't go straight to Mitch's team.

i was REALLY surprised that Swoll didn't race the 250B and Schoolboy2 classes this year, it seems odd to win the 125 and schoolboy1 classes last year and race those same two this year but not bump into the more competitive B classes.
toddh
8/3/2017 9:00am
peelout wrote:
i'd be really surprised if Marchbanks goes pro before 2019, but i'll also be surprised if he doesn't go straight to Mitch's team. i was REALLY...
i'd be really surprised if Marchbanks goes pro before 2019, but i'll also be surprised if he doesn't go straight to Mitch's team.

i was REALLY surprised that Swoll didn't race the 250B and Schoolboy2 classes this year, it seems odd to win the 125 and schoolboy1 classes last year and race those same two this year but not bump into the more competitive B classes.
What about your nephew? He's hauling!
NJKawi913
8/3/2017 9:03am
if im a team im signing Mike Brown, dude still rides his ass off
peelout
8/3/2017 9:04am
peelout wrote:
i'd be really surprised if Marchbanks goes pro before 2019, but i'll also be surprised if he doesn't go straight to Mitch's team. i was REALLY...

toddh wrote:
he's sitting really well in 2nd in both classes, had some issues in 2 motos but has been fighting back. i want to see him get a good start and run with Marchbanks, that will be a fun one to watch.

also yesterday after Pierce passed Halpain, i was shocked to see Halpain still bombing that big quad... seemed unnecessary at that point and unfortunately it bit him in the ass. bummer for him, fast kid.
JBlain619
8/3/2017 9:41am
peelout wrote:

toddh wrote:
peelout wrote:
he's sitting really well in 2nd in both classes, had some issues in 2 motos but has been fighting back. i want to see him get...
he's sitting really well in 2nd in both classes, had some issues in 2 motos but has been fighting back. i want to see him get a good start and run with Marchbanks, that will be a fun one to watch.

also yesterday after Pierce passed Halpain, i was shocked to see Halpain still bombing that big quad... seemed unnecessary at that point and unfortunately it bit him in the ass. bummer for him, fast kid.
The 250B and SB2 classes are so stacked this year! Pierce is signed into the Pro's as well right?
peelout
8/3/2017 10:13am
toddh wrote:
peelout wrote:
he's sitting really well in 2nd in both classes, had some issues in 2 motos but has been fighting back. i want to see him get...

JBlain619 wrote:
The 250B and SB2 classes are so stacked this year! Pierce is signed into the Pro's as well right?
stacked is a great description for the 250B and SB2 classes. i believe he'll be with them for some time Wink
919x
8/3/2017 10:49am
Whats up with Mitchell Falk? He coming back from injury or something?

Open Pro Sport #62 KTM 3rd 9th
250 A #62 KTM 13th 34th
rongi#401
8/3/2017 1:08pm
kid that wadded in b jumping into the rollers
Huckster
8/3/2017 1:17pm
Mike Brown. Oh wait, you said Amateur.
aedwards07
8/3/2017 3:28pm
I'd sign Seth Hammaker for the sole fact it would make JBlain619's year. But really someone should give the kid a shot. Get him somewhere to ride full time and keep his bikes good and see what he has. He's made it this far on crappy Pennsylvania shale dirt and turn tracks. Imagine him at a real track all year.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
8/3/2017 4:34pm
Jett Reynolds. Sign him to a 10 year deal. Lol
TeamGreen
8/3/2017 4:37pm
peelout wrote:

JBlain619 wrote:
peelout wrote:
stacked is a great description for the 250B and SB2 classes. i believe he'll be with them for some time Wink
Are you keepin a pretty good eye the fast am's?

If so, drop a brother a txt or e-mail.
Cygrace74
8/3/2017 4:51pm
Pinhancos is a sleeper with bad starts, 2nd 250 A moto came from like 6th or 7th and was about to pass into third but ran out of time. Only kid I know of in the top 12-15ish without any major help. Only reason he's even on a current generation bike is that he won it at KROC. Comes into the dealership I work at sometimes and is a respectful young kid.
Camp332
8/4/2017 7:03am
Just finished watching the 450B limited final moto, and it looked like Hastings did some generous (for himself) track re-entries after getting squirley and re-entering the track. Rodbell should have that title.
aroark247
8/4/2017 8:13am
rongi#401 wrote:
kid that wadded in b jumping into the rollers
On the Yamaha? that was Halpain after pierce got him, I'm biased though for Halpain because I've known him. He reminds me of Plessinger just style wise and height. Maybe suited a little better for a 450
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
8/4/2017 8:35am
IMO there is no real standout worth giving a factory ride to this year. If i was in a management position I'd pick up the mini trio from Bako.
8/4/2017 11:44am
Marchbanks has a really effortless looking riding style. Looks like he's out for a trail ride but is really hauling.
RonJon
8/4/2017 12:49pm
Challen Tennant
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
8/4/2017 2:47pm
RonJon wrote:
Challen Tennant
Sarcasm?
Acidreamer
8/4/2017 3:26pm
Id pick up whoever has the best work eithic/talent mix. As seen with ac and forkner, being a badass amateur dont mean shit in the pro class
Digger29
8/4/2017 3:29pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
Pinhancos is a sleeper with bad starts, 2nd 250 A moto came from like 6th or 7th and was about to pass into third but ran...
Pinhancos is a sleeper with bad starts, 2nd 250 A moto came from like 6th or 7th and was about to pass into third but ran out of time. Only kid I know of in the top 12-15ish without any major help. Only reason he's even on a current generation bike is that he won it at KROC. Comes into the dealership I work at sometimes and is a respectful young kid.
Completely agree, Great kid and great dad. I've had them in my RV at a cpl races this season for dinner and to watch whatever MX race was on and he's a humble and very polite kid with major talent. He's got that I'm not wasting any energy and he never looks like he's going fast talent because he's just so smooth. He's been killing it here in New England all yr. His corner speed is off the charts and just pro level. I love his dad. He deserves a ride.

Post a reply to: What Amateurs Do You Pick Up After This Week at Lorettas?

The Latest