Whaaaaaat? Another MPS Work of Art

gb4mx
Edited Date/Time 6/7/2017 3:29pm
|
Bearuno
6/3/2017 2:41am
What an Atrocity!

How does that bloke stay in business?

Nothing I've ever seen of his is remotely acceptable, yet people pay him for it.
Yamaknockers
6/3/2017 3:59am
It really says something when you can't take 10 extra minutes to get the aluminum clean, or take 2 minutes to tack your fucking pieces on half ass square.
Bearuno
6/3/2017 4:36am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 4:40am
Almost looks like he barfed those welds onto the frame.
Hell, the welds are the best thing on that job ........................ though, I think I could have my 78 year old Mum laying better welds within an hour or two.

It's the 'Engineering' that is the standout of such a dreadful build. Smaller sections put into gaps (in major structural members) , multiple joins / add ins, and visibly crooked / misaligned mounts.

I'm crap at 'puters - can anyone copy the sellers description in the Ad and pit it up here ? - it's priceless. He's Not a happy customer of Fanelli at all.

To repeat, how does this charlatan remain in business? He's been butchering things for quite a few years now, in the "dirty corner of a Tortilla Factory" (the sellers words).

The Shop

Jbulz
Fantasy
4069th
6/3/2017 4:41am
Sounds like another satisfied customer!

"Mps racing kx250af 2 stroke conversion frame. This frame was built for me by George Fanelli of MPS Racing. From the excellent craftsmanship, you'd never believe this bike was built in a dirty corner of a tortilla factory, that MPS racing calls its fab shop. The frame is an 07 kx250f, and is made to accept an 05-07 kx250 2 stroke engine. The motor mounts don't line up too well and will require some work, but George Fanelli says you can oversize the holes if need be to make the mounts work. The head stay is crooked as a left-wing politician, but good ol' George says you can tweak that into place too. The modified front Y section isn't all that square, but I'm told by MPS racing that it will be just fine. George was such a great guy to deal with, he was nice enough to slap some relocated radiator mounts and coil mounts on this gem for me. In all seriousness, the frame will need an actual real fabricator to fix the issues, but it can be fixed, and this frame is selling for less than what George charges for his marvelous work ($2000). You can contact him with any questions regarding his handiwork at four one nine, 351 fourty seven oh 7. If you don't want to talk over the noise of tortilla-making equipment, you can contact this metal-master at mps500af at g mail."
larryloopout
6/3/2017 4:42am
Sellers description

Mps racing kx250af 2 stroke conversion frame. This frame was built for me by George Fanelli of MPS Racing. From the excellent craftsmanship, you'd never believe this bike was built in a dirty corner of a tortilla factory, that MPS racing calls its fab shop. The frame is an 07 kx250f, and is made to accept an 05-07 kx250 2 stroke engine. The motor mounts don't line up too well and will require some work, but George Fanelli says you can oversize the holes if need be to make the mounts work. The head stay is crooked as a left-wing politician, but good ol' George says you can tweak that into place too. The modified front Y section isn't all that square, but I'm told by MPS racing that it will be just fine. George was such a great guy to deal with, he was nice enough to slap some relocated radiator mounts and coil mounts on this gem for me. In all seriousness, the frame will need an actual real fabricator to fix the issues, but it can be fixed, and this frame is selling for less than what George charges for his marvelous work ($2000). You can contact him with any questions regarding his handiwork at four one nine, 351 fourty seven oh 7. If you don't want to talk over the noise of tortilla-making equipment, you can contact this metal-master at mps500af at g mail.
lappedrider
6/3/2017 4:42am
"Mps racing kx250af 2 stroke conversion frame. This frame was built for me by George Fanelli of MPS Racing. From the excellent craftsmanship, you'd never believe this bike was built in a dirty corner of a tortilla factory, that MPS racing calls its fab shop. The frame is an 07 kx250f, and is made to accept an 05-07 kx250 2 stroke engine. The motor mounts don't line up too well and will require some work, but George Fanelli says you can oversize the holes if need be to make the mounts work. The head stay is crooked as a left-wing politician, but good ol' George says you can tweak that into place too. The modified front Y section isn't all that square, but I'm told by MPS racing that it will be just fine. George was such a great guy to deal with, he was nice enough to slap some relocated radiator mounts and coil mounts on this gem for me. In all seriousness, the frame will need an actual real fabricator to fix the issues, but it can be fixed, and this frame is selling for less than what George charges for his marvelous work ($2000). You can contact him with any questions regarding his handiwork at four one nine, 351 fourty seven oh 7. If you don't want to talk over the noise of tortilla-making equipment, you can contact this metal-master at mps500af at g mail."
Crush
6/3/2017 4:55am
Description is pretty good!
420Racing
6/3/2017 5:42am
That is hideous! I'm no engineer but I am a welder, and there is no way I would ever let anyone take something that looks that bad out of my shop. I could put down better looking welds the second week I learned to TIG aluminum. How can this guy sleep at night knowing there are people who are riding these hack jobs he's turning out?
ns503
6/3/2017 5:46am
slipdog wrote:
Where's Scooter at???
I imagine he will be along. Smile

(It's early on the west side yet...)
Acidreamer
6/3/2017 6:11am
420Racing wrote:
That is hideous! I'm no engineer but I am a welder, and there is no way I would ever let anyone take something that looks that...
That is hideous! I'm no engineer but I am a welder, and there is no way I would ever let anyone take something that looks that bad out of my shop. I could put down better looking welds the second week I learned to TIG aluminum. How can this guy sleep at night knowing there are people who are riding these hack jobs he's turning out?
Im an engineer and i can tell you i wouldnt trust that frame with the weight of the motor
captmoto
6/3/2017 9:23am
Finally, some truth in advertising in an Ebay ad.
jeffro503
6/3/2017 10:35am
I don't understand how someone like this stays in business? How does he not get sued for this stuff? He takes a frame worth $800.00 - $1500.00 and basically destroys it , along with putting people at risk riding these things. That....and how in the world does he keep sucking money out of people? Don't people research this shit before they decide to pick MPS? Like what the hell?
H4L
6/3/2017 11:10am
I almost purchased an MPS conversion AF CR500 about 2 yrs. back. Once I did my homework I couldn't believe how much info on his bad craftsmanship is on the net. Hopefully this is another thread with info on his fab work that will deter a potential consumer like it did with me.
Ended up buying an 02 3rd gen CR2 AF done by Paul Stoffer instead with a 90 CR500 engine stuffed inside. Night and day difference on the quality of the fabrication.
rmoto003
6/3/2017 11:31am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 11:31am
Personally I like living on the edge, so maybe Ill buy one
ab
6/3/2017 12:12pm
Holy fucking symmetry!! I don't feel bad for the people who pay this guy to do their frames. Red flags everywhere

gb4mx
6/5/2017 12:22pm
ab wrote:
Holy fucking symmetry!! I don't feel bad for the people who pay this guy to do their frames. Red flags everywhere [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/06/03/198831/s1200_Capture.jpg[/img]
Holy fucking symmetry!! I don't feel bad for the people who pay this guy to do their frames. Red flags everywhere

Not everybody knows about this JACKASS. How about spreading the word, and show a little compassion for those that have been Fucked. I was the guy that recommended Scooter take his stuff there.Years ago George was a descent guy.Times have changed. Addiction issues I've been told. Most addicts justify there actions. It always someone else's fault. Would like to hear that he compensated his customers for SHITTY work. Would LOVE to hear about retribution.
gb4mx
6/5/2017 12:36pm
Let's keep spreading the word.
kott0n
Fantasy
3769th
6/5/2017 2:14pm
JBweld on the head stay. Lol. Ffs
omalley
6/5/2017 2:59pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2017 3:00pm
Looks like his "proprietary cradle" is no longer a secret (or whatever his lame-brain excuse was for refusing to provide pics to the other victim...we, I mean, customer)...
scooter5002
6/5/2017 5:47pm
7 years later, nothing has changed, still cranking out garbage. At least he has remained consistent in THAT aspect, so there's that. I wonder if that guy's "motor was wrong"? Lol
eeazye
6/5/2017 6:37pm
Looks like someone sneezed on that frame bro!
TXDirt
6/5/2017 6:54pm
ab wrote:
Holy fucking symmetry!! I don't feel bad for the people who pay this guy to do their frames. Red flags everywhere [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/06/03/198831/s1200_Capture.jpg[/img]

gb4mx wrote:
Not everybody knows about this JACKASS. How about spreading the word, and show a little compassion for those that have been Fucked. I was the guy...
Not everybody knows about this JACKASS. How about spreading the word, and show a little compassion for those that have been Fucked. I was the guy that recommended Scooter take his stuff there.Years ago George was a descent guy.Times have changed. Addiction issues I've been told. Most addicts justify there actions. It always someone else's fault. Would like to hear that he compensated his customers for SHITTY work. Would LOVE to hear about retribution.
When I go to Home Depot to pick up a few pieces of lumber that costs $3.00 each I give it the ol eye test for straightness. If you buy this frame then you deserve what you get. Period.
scooter5002
6/5/2017 7:23pm
TXDirt wrote:
When I go to Home Depot to pick up a few pieces of lumber that costs $3.00 each I give it the ol eye test for...
When I go to Home Depot to pick up a few pieces of lumber that costs $3.00 each I give it the ol eye test for straightness. If you buy this frame then you deserve what you get. Period.
Might have been shipped to the owner, and George already had his money. He has scammed a lot of people, and clearly does not care who he rips off.
gb4mx
6/5/2017 7:37pm
ab wrote:

gb4mx wrote:
Not everybody knows about this JACKASS. How about spreading the word, and show a little compassion for those that have been Fucked. I was the guy...
TXDirt wrote:
When I go to Home Depot to pick up a few pieces of lumber that costs $3.00 each I give it the ol eye test for...
It was shipped to him. Of course he deserved a Fuckin'. He paid MPS and waited for it to be delivered. Then found out it was junk.Now go preach your shit on a Dungey or Stewart thread.

Post a reply to: Whaaaaaat? Another MPS Work of Art

The Latest