Weston peick injured?

captmoto
11/19/2018 10:44pm
Xeno wrote:
So I just watched that crash video, and it's exactly 30 seconds from impact to Weston getting rolled over onto the stretcher. Seems like the medical...
So I just watched that crash video, and it's exactly 30 seconds from impact to Weston getting rolled over onto the stretcher. Seems like the medical crew really rushed things.

Airway, breathing, check pulse and attend to gross bleeding. Should be able to get him off the track where it's safer to work in 30 secs. to 1 minute.
Cancerman
11/19/2018 11:00pm
oldblood wrote:
Looks like an angel to me.
Administrator note: Poster’s original comment has been removed due to its horrible nature against Weston’s family. Said poster has been banned and any further negativity towards...
Administrator note: Poster’s original comment has been removed due to its horrible nature against Weston’s family. Said poster has been banned and any further negativity towards Weston, his fiancé or his family in this topic will be handled in the same manor. - ML512
Bnagazina wrote:
I was thinking what a smart, caring and beautiful lady. Weston is lucky to have her support at this time. Get better my friend.
Has anyone thought that maybe that's her auto go to photo when she posts. Maybe she did not even think about a picture, maybe she did not have something on her phone to change to, with Weston on it. Either way, I give her the benefit of the doubt. My Lady would be falling apart if that were me. Let's try to have a little compassion for her and the family. F150motocrosser, you give F150's a bad name.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2551st
11/19/2018 11:31pm
Xeno wrote:
So I just watched that crash video, and it's exactly 30 seconds from impact to Weston getting rolled over onto the stretcher. Seems like the medical...
So I just watched that crash video, and it's exactly 30 seconds from impact to Weston getting rolled over onto the stretcher. Seems like the medical crew really rushed things.

captmoto wrote:
Airway, breathing, check pulse and attend to gross bleeding. Should be able to get him off the track where it's safer to work in 30 secs...
Airway, breathing, check pulse and attend to gross bleeding. Should be able to get him off the track where it's safer to work in 30 secs. to 1 minute.
With the injuries described, he may not have passed the breathing test. No spine or brain injuries reported (at least through official sources) so I think they made the right call.

These guys don’t have a fun job. There’s a lot at stake and the reward for doing well is a pat on the back and the punishment for doing poorly can be follow somebody for a long time. It’s easy to speculate on the track crew’s actions after the incident and to some extent that speculation is important because it allows us to learn the right and wrong way of doing things, but let’s ease up on the the crew here. They got wp out of there quickly, caused no additional damage to him or any of the other riders and—though a red flag would have been appropriate—they did not disrupt an event or give cause to the audience or other riders to presume the worst. All in all, it was well handled in my opinion.
GODZILLA
11/19/2018 11:34pm
TooOld4WFO wrote:
Help me understand how being critical of what some may see as his fiancés self promotion any different of being critical of the track medical staff...
Help me understand how being critical of what some may see as his fiancés self promotion any different of being critical of the track medical staff.
Maybe someone here knows one of the tracks medics and can offer some insight on his personality type or if he is good dude or not.

Silliness to be so critical of one or more members response but not others.

I'm sure his fiancee is a lovely lady and I can assure you the med crew are good guys who deal with injured racers all year round and know what they're doing.

The Shop

Neek
11/20/2018 12:00am
If we can see any positive in this awfull situation, French surgeons (especially in Paris area) are amongst the best in the world and have some of the most advanced protocols in the maxillofacial field according to my father in law (maxillo surgeon).

Get well soon WP.
Cortami79
11/20/2018 12:07am
Xeno wrote:

captmoto wrote:
Airway, breathing, check pulse and attend to gross bleeding. Should be able to get him off the track where it's safer to work in 30 secs...
With the injuries described, he may not have passed the breathing test. No spine or brain injuries reported (at least through official sources) so I think...
With the injuries described, he may not have passed the breathing test. No spine or brain injuries reported (at least through official sources) so I think they made the right call.

These guys don’t have a fun job. There’s a lot at stake and the reward for doing well is a pat on the back and the punishment for doing poorly can be follow somebody for a long time. It’s easy to speculate on the track crew’s actions after the incident and to some extent that speculation is important because it allows us to learn the right and wrong way of doing things, but let’s ease up on the the crew here. They got wp out of there quickly, caused no additional damage to him or any of the other riders and—though a red flag would have been appropriate—they did not disrupt an event or give cause to the audience or other riders to presume the worst. All in all, it was well handled in my opinion.
I saw it live as well and it was scary to see him like that. The crowd was freaking out to give a red flag (same goes voor Guillod his incident, he was KO as well in the race prior). But they didn't. I don't want to speculate but maybe they had to handle fast because he had a hard time breathing or something. When a rider goes head first into a jump and another riders jumps on his neck and he rolls over knockout like that, you don't know if he has any back/neck trauma's. In my honest opinion, i think it would have been better to give a red flag immediately. But I'm not part of a medical crew ofcourse, they probably did what they thought was the best thing to do at that given time. Such a bummer to see such a hard working guy going out like that..

Justin hill had the same kind of crash in the main event prior, he was "lucky" that tyler bowers jumped on his back instead of what happend to WP.
David934
11/20/2018 1:21am
Why in the fuck were the idiot "medical" crews so quick to roll him onto a backboard? Reminiscent of when Jeremy Lusk passed in whatever 3rd...
Why in the fuck were the idiot "medical" crews so quick to roll him onto a backboard? Reminiscent of when Jeremy Lusk passed in whatever 3rd world country he crashed in a while back in South America.....sickening.
You are sure it was medical guys?
GODZILLA
11/20/2018 1:26am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2018 1:52am
Maybe this will bring back a little calm and respect.
Hang on, guy.

ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/20/2018 1:31am
Two members in this topic crossed the line by a pretty huge margin. Both have been banned and their original comments modified.
11/20/2018 1:46am
Why in the fuck were the idiot "medical" crews so quick to roll him onto a backboard? Reminiscent of when Jeremy Lusk passed in whatever 3rd...
Why in the fuck were the idiot "medical" crews so quick to roll him onto a backboard? Reminiscent of when Jeremy Lusk passed in whatever 3rd world country he crashed in a while back in South America.....sickening.
David934 wrote:
You are sure it was medical guys?
So, the nature of his injuries shows exactly why he meeded to be taken off the track immediately. I bet he had to be intubated very quickly to ensure that his airway remained intact. They might have even ended up having to cut into his neck to put a tube down to ensure that he maintained an airway. Please stop complaining about them maybe not doing exactly what you would have expected them to do.

That was an extremely high risk situation and it is pretty awesome to see them manage it effectively.
rangot
11/20/2018 1:50am
Neek wrote:
If we can see any positive in this awfull situation, French surgeons (especially in Paris area) are amongst the best in the world and have some...
If we can see any positive in this awfull situation, French surgeons (especially in Paris area) are amongst the best in the world and have some of the most advanced protocols in the maxillofacial field according to my father in law (maxillo surgeon).

Get well soon WP.
Right. And i'm guessing Eric Peronnard didn't leave him in some kind of sketchy second rated hospital.

Get well soon Weston.
11/20/2018 1:59am
Man this sucks for Weston and family. Hope he heals up quick and with no serious long term issues.

Get well mister, we will miss him out there while he’s off.
Turbojez
11/20/2018 2:10am
Fuck. It almost physically hurts to see somebody go down this hard.
Hoping for a full and speedy recovery for Weston and sending good thoughts, that was brutal.
Get well soon tough amigo!!! Damn our sport is rough and Weston surely had more than his share of injuries. Hope he bounces right back.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
11/20/2018 2:32am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2018 2:33am
ML512 wrote:
Two members in this topic crossed the line by a pretty huge margin. Both have been banned and their original comments modified.
That f150motocrosser guy is alright, he just made a very inappropriate and stupid post. Hope he ain't banned for too long.
Thanks for cleaning up the shit storm a bit.
Xavier
11/20/2018 3:49am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2018 3:54am
Weston got surgery in a hospital whose crew/surgeons are considered among the best in the world for that type of facial injury.

They woke him up afterwards and say he is "coherent" which, with all due prudence, sounds like the best news since Saturday, from a large margin.

He does not have other real body damage than the facial stuff, which means he could actually be able to walk normally pretty quickly, with facial protection, if things continue to go on the right direction.

Fly back home will depend on medical protocols.

Weston is one tough fellow and will hopefully recover better than any of us could under similar circumstances.
22Ryann
Fantasy
4080th
11/20/2018 5:03am
Man, I hope those medicals got a stern talking to after that...so disgustingly bad from meds... man that sucks.
11/20/2018 5:20am
Xeno wrote:

captmoto wrote:
This right here. ABC's. Airway, breathing, circulation. First aide 101. Preventing a spinal injury is a moot point if the patient isn't breathing. if he has a compromised airway that would have been the EMT's first priority
kage173
11/20/2018 5:29am
How did this thread go so bad? Just shameful man. Guess an internet forum is just an internet forum smh
Camp332
11/20/2018 5:32am
Man, im feeling this in my gut. Major prayers still going up.

I hope they can get a French/English translator to help with this process.
SoftSand
11/20/2018 6:09am
JasonJLF wrote:
Unbelievable wasn't it. Just pure luck the rider didn't get hit or have his injuries made worse.
Yep. As I said, I didn't watch it all but couldn't a few guys got up on the crest and warned the other riders ?

I am glad to hear he was OK (from the YouTube comments)...
Premix
11/20/2018 6:19am
Terrible all around. After Weasels comment I was curious as to what the new Fly Helmet looked like around the chin bar/eye opening area compared to other well known moto brands. Seems like a larger openinging and more angled down chin bar. Also the vents on the side of the chin bar are HUGE. I can’t imagine this adds to the structural ridigity of the chin bar at all.

Mr. Info
11/20/2018 6:29am
Wish all the backyard reporters would stop. Let’s just focus on positive news. No need to blame helmet construction, medical personnel at the track, or girlfriends instagram post except for what’s in it for his injury and recovery IMO.
Beeby
11/20/2018 6:56am
You can tell its bad from the reaction of Soubeyras. His first thought appears to be for Weston and as someone said, fair play to him for making him his priority because as a racer your natural reaction is to get back into the race.

I don't have anything factual on the standard of the medical care in France but in the experiences I've had and those that I've heard of others, it is first class. Certainly living in Europe for 30 years it was talked about as being the very best. I feel like he is in safe hands.
jeffro503
11/20/2018 7:24am
ML512 wrote:
Thanks ML. I mean , there is a time and place to talk crap , on numerous thing's....but this? Was pretty freakin' low and very bad timing.

Post a reply to: Weston peick injured?

The Latest