Weston Peick continues to impress

dkg
Edited Date/Time 5/23/2013 6:59am
Well, Peick got a top 10 overall today. Congrats on the great performance. Thought I read someplace that he was only doing a select number of the Nationals. Anyone know what is going on with Weston? His results in SX and now MX seem to justify better support than he is receiving.l
|
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
5/18/2013 9:25pm
Dude is riding awesome. It would be cool to see him get some help, maybe Millsaps or Preston's bike if Travis isn't going to race the whole season.
GHR
5/18/2013 9:40pm
SON OF A BITCH MAN, I feel like I should go get a 3rd job grave yard shift to support this kid, why in the EFF is no one stepping up, amazing to me. Its hard out there for a PIMP! Dry
redrider400
5/18/2013 10:14pm
My guess would be there is something that makes him hard to deal with. Either him or his family, it has to be. There has never been somebody that puts in the results like he does and didn't get any support. It just doesn't make since. He is a bad dude, thats for sure.

The Shop

AZ35
Fantasy
544th
5/18/2013 10:29pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2013 10:31pm
My guess would be there is something that makes him hard to deal with. Either him or his family, it has to be. There has never...
My guess would be there is something that makes him hard to deal with. Either him or his family, it has to be. There has never been somebody that puts in the results like he does and didn't get any support. It just doesn't make since. He is a bad dude, thats for sure.
Don't know him or anyone around him. Seems like a hard working, dedicated young man.

My guess is that he was not an amateur star, no one tagged him 10 years ago as the "next big thing".

If you look at the results from today (or any national), pretty much every top 20 rider was at one point the next big thing as an amateur, or at least well known and heavily supported as an amateur (and in most cases heavily supported when they first went to the nationals).

He pretty much came from nothing (in a racing sense), and has continued to improve every year. Good for him.
The Rock
5/18/2013 11:48pm
My guess would be there is something that makes him hard to deal with. Either him or his family, it has to be. There has never...
AZ35 wrote:
Don't know him or anyone around him. Seems like a hard working, dedicated young man. My guess is that he was not an amateur star, no...
Don't know him or anyone around him. Seems like a hard working, dedicated young man.

My guess is that he was not an amateur star, no one tagged him 10 years ago as the "next big thing".

If you look at the results from today (or any national), pretty much every top 20 rider was at one point the next big thing as an amateur, or at least well known and heavily supported as an amateur (and in most cases heavily supported when they first went to the nationals).

He pretty much came from nothing (in a racing sense), and has continued to improve every year. Good for him.
I have the pleasure of knowing both Weston and his father Louie. Weston is as easy going as they come with his helmet off and the guy NEVER gets excited. Extremely even keel.

Louie is one of my favorite people. Great personality and he;s a straight shooter..

Nice ride Weston.
daven83
5/19/2013 4:04am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2013 4:06am
Ive been part of Weston's "team" for a few years now and i believe he deserves a ride from somebody soon. He has proven himself time and time again but nothing from any major sponsors. In the past he has received some very good support such as the Valli/Rockstar/Yamaha ride in SX last year (thank you Valli) when he was improving every week , got as high as 7th at New Orleans then i get a call from him about 1 week after the SX series ends he had just recieved a call they wanted their bikes back!!!. WTF does a guy have to do in this day and age to get support. As a racer he improves every week and is on a major upswing in his "career" but he gets passed over for rides continually for riders on their way down, I know for a fact Yamaha doesnt include Weston on the list of rider they want their "support" teams to hire (JGR,N-Fab,etc.). He is very misunderstood by the industry as he stays to himself, is very quiet and go to the races to race. Louie is an awesome person who is behind his son 100%, has been backing him for years and only wants whats best for Weston as we all do ,I wouldnt keep giving my hard earned money to Weston if i didnt think he earned it and/or deserves it!!! He makes me proud every week he goes out and beats the factories on a VERY limited budget. "The Rock" is correct when he speaks about the Peicks and thank you for the kind words, Weston's riding speaks for itself and i will continue to do my part when the factories wont!!!
downard254
5/19/2013 4:13am
AZ35 wrote:
Don't know him or anyone around him. Seems like a hard working, dedicated young man. My guess is that he was not an amateur star, no...

I seem to remember years ago, a rider by the name of John Dowd who was an unknown that we were watching and thinking, "who the hell is that guy out there, he's flying, and he's older then most unknowns who are just starting to get recognition". I hope it still happends for him. He sure deserves it.
5/19/2013 6:15am
Yea I agree with what else can it be? Maybe he needs an agent or a better agent? Wish I knew because he is real deal for sure.
jleews6
5/19/2013 6:32am
daven83 wrote:
Ive been part of Weston's "team" for a few years now and i believe he deserves a ride from somebody soon. He has proven himself time...
Ive been part of Weston's "team" for a few years now and i believe he deserves a ride from somebody soon. He has proven himself time and time again but nothing from any major sponsors. In the past he has received some very good support such as the Valli/Rockstar/Yamaha ride in SX last year (thank you Valli) when he was improving every week , got as high as 7th at New Orleans then i get a call from him about 1 week after the SX series ends he had just recieved a call they wanted their bikes back!!!. WTF does a guy have to do in this day and age to get support. As a racer he improves every week and is on a major upswing in his "career" but he gets passed over for rides continually for riders on their way down, I know for a fact Yamaha doesnt include Weston on the list of rider they want their "support" teams to hire (JGR,N-Fab,etc.). He is very misunderstood by the industry as he stays to himself, is very quiet and go to the races to race. Louie is an awesome person who is behind his son 100%, has been backing him for years and only wants whats best for Weston as we all do ,I wouldnt keep giving my hard earned money to Weston if i didnt think he earned it and/or deserves it!!! He makes me proud every week he goes out and beats the factories on a VERY limited budget. "The Rock" is correct when he speaks about the Peicks and thank you for the kind words, Weston's riding speaks for itself and i will continue to do my part when the factories wont!!!
He is very misunderstood by the industry as he stays to himself, is very quiet and go to the races to race

I can see this being part of the problem. We as racers look at a rider and all we care about is how fast they can ride and if they can win. Some of the people in the industry that hire these riders (i think) look for that rock star image. I have seen so many riders get these big rides and say to myself,,How did he get that ride when there is so many guys out there that are better riders?
I wish him the best because he seems like a hard worker . Maybe a few more top 10s and he will get picked up.
MOTO120
5/19/2013 6:36am
Anyone listen to the PulpMX show....I think it was JT$ that mentioned something might be in the works him to be able to do all 12 rounds (same program he's on, more like financial backing). With that said, did anyone notice that he was running an ARMA Energy paint scheme on his helmet.......hmmm
daven83
5/19/2013 7:09am
MOTO120 yes he had picked up ARMA as a sponsor.....Weston doesnt have and agent or a manager but JT$ is correct as his trainer Buddy Antunez has been working hard to get him some additional sponsors and it seems to be paying off....
5/19/2013 8:09am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2013 8:15am
His buttpatch should read "Peick's Peak" for next weekend's Thunder Valley national. Cool It's right up the highway in Colorado Springs.
5/19/2013 8:42am
I to help out the program and will do my best to keep it going. Those are a lot of kind words and post's and all very true . This is a family effort to the fullest , This team has a lot of (little) people helping out and it is paying off. Man I was so happy yesterday with the effort WP put out , from Dead last in the 1st. moto to a 13th and a 8th second moto for a top 10 overall. I text WP last night and said I was proud of him. last week we were all wide open getting stuff ready , Josh building bikes , lou making his calls and stuff , and WP still putting in laps right up to the end of the week , it sure was a long week Smile but all paid off with a overall 10th .

WP46 has a good program with what he has and a good core of people , yes true a bit more support would really do the trick
Lou , and myself are very easy to reach and would love to have any of you on board for the nationals and moving on to SX for 2014 please message us with Ideas and thoughts.

PISTONBONES.COM has a program that all of you can participate in that directly helps the WP46 effort. Hit us up at
pistonbones1@hotmail.com or sales@pistonbones.com

MotoTones
5/19/2013 10:24am
His situation is the modern day JoJo Keller with the factories. Jojo even won a moto and didn't get a ride. I do believe its cause he is so quiet and unapproachable. They want Henry and Pastrana types for the fans not quiet and scary. There has to be a reason cause he certainly has earned it. I hope he gets a ride cause would love to see if he could break the top 5 on a factory bike.
TeamGreen
5/19/2013 10:26am
Team Peick:

Please provide some info as to "Which" races you plan on attending (& Lou can e-mail me if he's around...)

Thanks,

Manny
LouDog
5/19/2013 12:16pm
Thanks everyone. Just FYI Weston went down twice in the first moto on the first lap he was 36th and charged up to 13th he rode awsome. He also finished the first moto with broken spokes in his front wheel and no back brakes his brake pedal was bent pretty bad. Second moto was great caught up to Sipes and they had a great battle Weston was in front of him and with 2 laps to go a lapper got in Westons way and Sipes got him back it was a good race to watch.
As far as what races were doing Hangtown, Colorado, Washougal,Utah and Elsinore these are the closest ones for us to race.
Again thanks
dkg
5/19/2013 10:27pm
Sure wish Weston continued success. I'll check out the support sites mentioned here. While it is obvious that it must be frustrating to not receive the support that is more than deserved, from a fan perspective it is amazing to see how well Weston does without all the backing. I hope you guys get the support that has been earned. Just want to let you know your efforts are appreciated.
Bruce372
5/19/2013 10:36pm
corporate America is failing to realize its potential since so many managers or company cultures rely on their perception of an employee/person, rather than that employee/person demonstrating the production of real results
Hank_Thrill
5/19/2013 11:08pm
daven83 wrote:
Ive been part of Weston's "team" for a few years now and i believe he deserves a ride from somebody soon. He has proven himself time...
I think he deserves support. He has been doing great. As someone else said, companies want riders that will appeal to the fans. From what you are saying, it sounds like he may be a little introverted at times. If fans/kids see him being quite and staying to himself, he may put off a vibe that makes them afraid to approach him.

Here's my suggestion (and I totally apologize if this is completely impractical): come up with some fun and silly way to attract people to your pit area. Make it appealing to the youth, kind of like McDonald's is to kids so the kids will drag the parents there. Once they are there, let them do whatever fun activity you decide on, sign some autographs, take some pics and most importantly, make new fans. I'm sure the teams will take notice and he will at least have more people rooting for him around the track. As for fun appealing ideas, I'm not really sure... but the season is just beginning so there is plenty of time to figure it out. Good luck, I'll be rooting for him.
SwapperMX
5/19/2013 11:16pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2013 11:17pm
jleews6 wrote:
[b]He is very misunderstood by the industry as he stays to himself, is very quiet and go to the races to race[/b] I can see this...
He is very misunderstood by the industry as he stays to himself, is very quiet and go to the races to race

I can see this being part of the problem. We as racers look at a rider and all we care about is how fast they can ride and if they can win. Some of the people in the industry that hire these riders (i think) look for that rock star image. I have seen so many riders get these big rides and say to myself,,How did he get that ride when there is so many guys out there that are better riders?
I wish him the best because he seems like a hard worker . Maybe a few more top 10s and he will get picked up.
He had THE BIGGEST rock star/bad boy image round here for a week after he kicked his bike off the stand after he thought he missed qualifying for the Daytona SX Main Event. To me that just showed how much he loves it, and how much it means to him. Great to see some passion. If he really wants some support and isn't going to get any from any of the teams, go ride a 250 two stroke, and I promise you, people world wide will be sending money via Paypal if he does well. I know if he put a 250 two stroke inside the top 10, I would send him some cash !!
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
5/20/2013 12:13am
jleews6 wrote:
[b]He is very misunderstood by the industry as he stays to himself, is very quiet and go to the races to race[/b] I can see this...

SwapperMX wrote:
He had THE BIGGEST rock star/bad boy image round here for a week after he kicked his bike off the stand after he thought he missed...
He had THE BIGGEST rock star/bad boy image round here for a week after he kicked his bike off the stand after he thought he missed qualifying for the Daytona SX Main Event. To me that just showed how much he loves it, and how much it means to him. Great to see some passion. If he really wants some support and isn't going to get any from any of the teams, go ride a 250 two stroke, and I promise you, people world wide will be sending money via Paypal if he does well. I know if he put a 250 two stroke inside the top 10, I would send him some cash !!
You want a guy thats close to 200lbs put a 2 stroke in the top ten ? Damn tough crowd. Breaking into the top ten with zero factory support isn't enough ? Come on man I think you should just pitch in some cash anyway, why not ? Then you'll be able to root for "Your" sponsored rider, thats the deal of the week right there buddy, Kick in 50 just cuz and the races will be way more fun to watch because you'll feel like you have something invested. I got a couple bucks into the deal, it makes it more fun, why not step up and help the dude out just cuz ? Throw a couple bucks his way, be part of mx history... Woohoo
Imagine how impressed the chicks will be when you tell them to root for the guy on "Your" race team. You'll have more pussy than you'll know what to do with, the racing will be more fun to watch, and you'll be part of history, all for 50-100 bucks ?? No brainer Cool Go Weston !
MBR
5/20/2013 12:25am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2013 12:28am
Few shots from Hangtown:

This last picture is from the first big uphill. Weston made some great passes on that jump in second moto by cutting to left and just taking the line away
5/20/2013 12:28am
It sure seems like no one on a yellow bike is getting any support unless your name rhymes with Trock Bickle.
brianfagan9
5/20/2013 3:06am
jleews6 wrote:

SwapperMX wrote:
He had THE BIGGEST rock star/bad boy image round here for a week after he kicked his bike off the stand after he thought he missed...
Wow, asshat opinion of the week right there.
SwapperMX
5/20/2013 3:17am
jleews6 wrote:

SwapperMX wrote:
Wow, asshat opinion of the week right there.
Opinion?? I was just throwing it out there. Go ask Renner how he did out of racing the one dinger !!
brianfagan9
5/20/2013 11:31am
Im not going to argue with you on this. Ill just throw this out there, the 2 stroke idea is completely ridiculous. Where is Renner this year by the way. Thats what I thought. Didnt see any two strokes come whizzing by me at Hangtown the other day.
Flatliner
5/20/2013 11:56am
You'd have to think he's on some teams list for 2014. Bto? Jgr maybe ? How bout a pc 450? Payton loves hard working guys.

Post a reply to: Weston Peick continues to impress

The Latest