Were marvin musquin and blake baggett riding better the ktm 2017?

Hi,
I was just wondering if the ktm US guys were not faster last year? Or maybe ET3 is faster?
I don't know they where able to show him a wheel last year, so maybe injuries, or not comfortable on their new bikes? What do you think?
|
racer495a
8/2/2018 6:46am
ET is faster but you have a point. For the 19 ktms being so much better according to tests the factory boys haven't really improved and especially baggett doesn't look comfortable.
captmoto
8/2/2018 7:47am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2018 8:00am
When Tomac is on he's overwhelming. That is all. Look at Marvins face on the podium. He's running out of things to say up there and it is becoming monotonous. He knows he is just getting hammered but keeps trying to put a good face on it.
ETA: The Euro boys are killing it on KTM's so it isn't the bike at all.
Bike Rat
8/2/2018 8:25am
Sounds like the new bike is bigger, And has design influences from Jeffrey Herlings. Not the ideal bike for Blake Bagget.

The Shop

aroark247
8/2/2018 8:40am
Hi, I was just wondering if the ktm US guys were not faster last year? Or maybe ET3 is faster? I don't know they where able...
Hi,
I was just wondering if the ktm US guys were not faster last year? Or maybe ET3 is faster?
I don't know they where able to show him a wheel last year, so maybe injuries, or not comfortable on their new bikes? What do you think?
It's not the bike. It would be super disrespectful to the other competition if one of their riders were to suggest that. Herlings and Cairoli make it work.
aroark247
8/2/2018 8:48am
Week in and week out there is a large percentage of Vital members that are just in denial. It seems a lot of people base their assessment of Eli Tomac as a racer off of their dislike of his personality.

There is literally only a handful of instances where ET was straight up beaten by Baggett or Musquin, and yet there is a large following of people that almost expect them to beat ET.
Lynch
8/2/2018 8:54am
Bike Rat wrote:
Sounds like the new bike is bigger, And has design influences from Jeffrey Herlings. Not the ideal bike for Blake Bagget.
Huuu? I thought it was smaller Blink
Excaliburbmx
8/2/2018 8:55am
aroark247 wrote:
Week in and week out there is a large percentage of Vital members that are just in denial. It seems a lot of people base their...
Week in and week out there is a large percentage of Vital members that are just in denial. It seems a lot of people base their assessment of Eli Tomac as a racer off of their dislike of his personality.

There is literally only a handful of instances where ET was straight up beaten by Baggett or Musquin, and yet there is a large following of people that almost expect them to beat ET.
Marvin beat him once this outdoor season straight up. The rest was Eli killing it. Go green
BroFoSho
8/2/2018 9:01am
I read on another post that the 2019 KTM450 is a terrible bike because it's not a two-stroke
DF313
Fantasy
2455th
8/2/2018 9:43am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2018 9:46am
captmoto wrote:
When Tomac is on he's overwhelming. That is all. Look at Marvins face on the podium. He's running out of things to say up there and...
When Tomac is on he's overwhelming. That is all. Look at Marvins face on the podium. He's running out of things to say up there and it is becoming monotonous. He knows he is just getting hammered but keeps trying to put a good face on it.
ETA: The Euro boys are killing it on KTM's so it isn't the bike at all.
Marv has a long way to go to get to the level of frustration Chad Reed has been at. 2009 SX had 12 second place finishes, his face was like stone that year. Largely thanks to RC and JS he has 76 second place finishes in his 250/450 career in MX and SX. Think if those 2 riders didn't exist he would be the GOAT
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/2/2018 9:47am
BroFoSho wrote:
I read on another post that the 2019 KTM450 is a terrible bike because it's not a two-stroke
Well, this is a given. But since Eli's bike is also not a 2-stroke, the bad cancels itself out. Grinning
Hotwhls
8/2/2018 10:03am
Do you think its sometimes a disadvantage KTM is constantly changing the bike year after year? It makes the teams work that much harder to figure the bike out. They never get the same setting from the previous year.
GODZILLA
8/2/2018 11:43am
Also think Tomac knows the Kawi better, feels more at home on it and has better settings than last year.
RCMXracing
8/2/2018 11:49am
Bike Rat wrote:
Wut?
PRM31
8/2/2018 1:06pm
I think it was mentioned on a Pulp show that the previous design was more influenced by Dungey and the new design by Herlings. Some riders prefer the new design and others prefer the previous.
8/2/2018 1:36pm
Hi, I was just wondering if the ktm US guys were not faster last year? Or maybe ET3 is faster? I don't know they where able...
Hi,
aroark247 wrote:
It's not the bike. It would be super disrespectful to the other competition if one of their riders were to suggest that. Herlings and Cairoli make...
It's not the bike. It would be super disrespectful to the other competition if one of their riders were to suggest that. Herlings and Cairoli make it work.
I know for 84 and 222, but i know that there are some difference between European ktm and us version. Last year healings said he had to adapt because wasn't the same gas in the US and they were building a bike for him in the nationals but he ends up 1-1.
ET3 is more my rider than muffin and baggett, but I like seeing a challenging championship instead of a complete domination.
Last year musquin and baggett were able to respond. Even Osborn on husky was riding better I guess.
early
Fantasy
2212th
8/2/2018 1:39pm
I know for 84 and 222, but i know that there are some difference between European ktm and us version. Last year healings said he had...
I know for 84 and 222, but i know that there are some difference between European ktm and us version. Last year healings said he had to adapt because wasn't the same gas in the US and they were building a bike for him in the nationals but he ends up 1-1.
ET3 is more my rider than muffin and baggett, but I like seeing a challenging championship instead of a complete domination.
Last year musquin and baggett were able to respond. Even Osborn on husky was riding better I guess.
Muffin and Baguette! Genius!
8/2/2018 1:50pm
Hotwhls wrote:
Do you think its sometimes a disadvantage KTM is constantly changing the bike year after year? It makes the teams work that much harder to figure...
Do you think its sometimes a disadvantage KTM is constantly changing the bike year after year? It makes the teams work that much harder to figure the bike out. They never get the same setting from the previous year.
They make a new generation of bikes every 3 years. Just like Honda, Kawi and Yamaha...
stone881
8/2/2018 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2018 3:16pm
Hotwhls wrote:
Do you think its sometimes a disadvantage KTM is constantly changing the bike year after year? It makes the teams work that much harder to figure...
The race teams are influencing what the factory builds, not the other way around.
8/2/2018 3:19pm
I know for 84 and 222, but i know that there are some difference between European ktm and us version. Last year healings said he had...
early wrote:
Muffin and Baguette! Genius!
Lol my cellphone change my words, sorry for that Wink
WarrenMX
8/2/2018 3:22pm
MXGP has no homologation rule so the euro guys could be running something much different to the stock 2019 bike. So saying that the 84 and 222 are making it work isn't really valid.
RCMXracing
8/2/2018 8:28pm
They both look drained to me
Thinking FL heat beating those guys down while ET enjoying his nice cool Rocky Mtn High...Colorado.
8/2/2018 8:48pm
Baggett has never gelled with this new bike. Musquin looks good on it though. It didnt make Tickle any faster, or Canard. I really doubt Webb would go any better on it

Post a reply to: Were marvin musquin and blake baggett riding better the ktm 2017?

The Latest