Were Tomac and Barcia lined up in the wrong spot for the restart?

SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 1:08pm
Or am I just reading this wrong?

The rulebook says: The starting order will be determined by each rider’s race position at the end of the lap preceding the last lap completed by the leader. I.E. if the leader has completed the third lap and is working the fourth lap, the starting order would be set with the order from the completion of the second lap.

Roczen had completed his 6th lap and was "working the seventh lap" when the red flag came out. Going by what the rulebook states, it appears that the riders should have been lined up based on how they crossed the line at the end of lap 5, which would have put both Tomac and Barcia ahead of Friese for the staggered restart. Instead, it seems as though they were lined up based on the end of lap 4 results.

Would it have made a difference? Who's to say, but with Tomac finishing just 2.5 seconds behind Roczen, I'm sure he'd have preferred to not have to deal with passing Friese a second time.
|
zehn
1/16/2019 4:21pm
Yep
Fourth_Floor
1/16/2019 4:55pm
Just be glad the "hydraulic" gate actually dropped last weekend.
wanglimp
1/16/2019 5:08pm
I already asked this question, seems like no bbn one can answer it.

The Shop

SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
1/17/2019 11:13am
wanglimp wrote:
Just looked at your post and you're right. They rolled back the starting order to the end of the 4th lap but kept the countdown clock at 13:29ish, which was the time remaining when the red flag came out on lap 7.

Seems like if they revert the starting order to several laps previous that they'd also revert the time to match it.
Ted722
1/17/2019 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 12:41pm
Here's right after Malcolm's crash with Tomac/Barcia/Friese heading to finsh lap 5, then 5 seconds later after crossing the finish line. Even live (tv) timing and the lap chart don't jive.

SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
1/17/2019 12:56pm
Ted722 wrote:
Here's right after Malcolm's crash with Tomac/Barcia/Friese heading to finsh lap 5, then 5 seconds later after crossing the finish line. Even live (tv) timing and...
Here's right after Malcolm's crash with Tomac/Barcia/Friese heading to finsh lap 5, then 5 seconds later after crossing the finish line. Even live (tv) timing and the lap chart don't jive.

I believe it's because the lap chart is showing lap 5 as the first lap of the restarted race.
wanglimp
1/17/2019 12:56pm
wanglimp wrote:
SPYGUY wrote:
Just looked at your post and you're right. They rolled back the starting order to the end of the 4th lap but kept the countdown clock...
Just looked at your post and you're right. They rolled back the starting order to the end of the 4th lap but kept the countdown clock at 13:29ish, which was the time remaining when the red flag came out on lap 7.

Seems like if they revert the starting order to several laps previous that they'd also revert the time to match it.
That's what I'm saying! I don't get it, but seems like not even the teams care so my best guess is everything was legit. There must be some reason it worked out this way.
1/17/2019 1:08pm
What a clusterbomb, I'm sure it is chaotic down there. Are the riders allowed any mechanical assistance during this downtime? Can they get new goggles, make clicker tweaks or is it similiar to an impound?

Post a reply to: Were Tomac and Barcia lined up in the wrong spot for the restart?

The Latest