Went to tonight's Whiskey Throttle Show: Jeffro Raw...unfiltered...

PTshox
1/20/2019 7:30pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
Too much emphasis on booze. Guests are great, but I’m done listening until they can produce it without the buzz.
It's not the vitamin water show.... I think it's refreshing and great. GL & Ping work well together and they spice it up.
Very refreshing!!!

Rock on GL and Ping
Bearuno
1/20/2019 8:22pm
I'm saving it for a road trip next week, but, may I ask of those that have listened to it / watched it, did they touch on Emig no longer doing the SX broadcast?

He could have simply had enough of it, and decided on moving on to other things. He'd done it for quite some time.
Project 2501
Fantasy
394th
1/20/2019 8:35pm
Bearuno wrote:
I'm saving it for a road trip next week, but, may I ask of those that have listened to it / watched it, did they touch...
I'm saving it for a road trip next week, but, may I ask of those that have listened to it / watched it, did they touch on Emig no longer doing the SX broadcast?

He could have simply had enough of it, and decided on moving on to other things. He'd done it for quite some time.
It never came up in natural conversation so Jeff got mad and said it was wada 's fault then screamed riders union. Must listen moment.
BR8ES
1/20/2019 8:36pm
Bearuno wrote:
I'm saving it for a road trip next week, but, may I ask of those that have listened to it / watched it, did they touch...

You will enjoy it and his perspectives on it all.

The Shop

Texas Built
1/20/2019 10:12pm
1) Jeff great dude and loves to tell war stories.
2) Grant can't handle liquor or his bladder.
3) Ping loves the weed.
tingo
1/21/2019 7:19am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2019 7:31am
Bearuno wrote:

Cliff notes for anyone that doesn't want to listen to the full show (lots of good stuff, though): he didn't decide that; he was let go. He was bummed about it, but proud of his 12 years in the booth (as he should be). Youtube starts at 15:15.
captmoto
1/21/2019 7:30am
3) Ping loves the weed.
I kind of wondered about GL. He seemed more out of control than the previous shows. There are times when Ping and GL should have shut up and listened way more but that was way more on GL than Ping. It seemed that all the previous guests would be getting to a really deep point and GL will pop in almost putting words in the guests mouth. Ping does work harder at keeping the show on point. Both Emig and Bones at times would pop in with "whose story is this" or "am I telling this or are you" type comments. I do really like the show but it seems like there is a lot left out because of how they get off point.
captmoto
1/21/2019 7:31am
tingo wrote:
Cliff notes for anyone that doesn't want to listen to the full show (lots of good stuff, though): he didn't decide that; he was let go...
Cliff notes for anyone that doesn't want to listen to the full show (lots of good stuff, though): he didn't decide that; he was let go. He was bummed about it, but proud of his 12 years in the booth (as he should be). Youtube starts at 15:15.
I thought he was extremely gracious and classy the way he talked of being let go.
MOTO732
1/21/2019 7:53am
That was the first WT show I had ever watched and Fro was awesome. Why he lost the SX gig to Ricky is baffling. DP does a great job by not interfering and letting the guest talk. All in all, excellent.
Coach529
1/21/2019 8:27am
Love the content, but I do find myself saying "Shut up GL" throughout the show.

If he would dial it back a bit it would be awesome!!
MXD
1/21/2019 9:44am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2019 9:45am
I don't mind talking about the hard issues like drugs and alcohol. I also don't mind making fun and joking about it. We don't always have to be PC or worry about who we might offend. It just seemed a little too manufactured. Almost like trying to ham it up to "sound cool". Not a huge deal, I still loved the show and I'm sure it'll grow to be a huge success. I love the format.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
1/21/2019 12:27pm
It was a good show but I wish they would have talked with him more about Motocross side of his career. It’s always about his drug past which we have heard a million times or talking about beating MC at SX. You have the winningest MX rider of the 90s in the show and it didn’t go deep enough IMO. Still a good show and the only other one worth listining too other than the Pulp empire. Fittingly both these guys are doing this cause of pulp.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
1/22/2019 7:09am
Watch the full interview .. including the Jameson. I was a teenager during the 90's motocross era and agree it was an amazing time for racing.. and this was a deep dive into what was going on behind the scenes in 90's motocross before social media put everyones business on the street. I loved it. Its well worth the watch.
StretchASU
1/22/2019 1:06pm
Shocker, GL likes to drink some booze. Didn't see that coming. Show is good entertainment. I'd rather hear drunken old war stories than stroking sponsors and the general babble we get out of riders these days.
motomike137
1/22/2019 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2019 2:07pm
I was a HUGE Fro fan back in the day. Love the show but to me GL was getting too sauced. If I was drinking along with him maybe it wouldn't seem so irritating.
1/22/2019 2:40pm
Listened to the show for the first time because I wanted to hear Fro stories and then went ahead and listened to the RJ and Decoster ones too. Ping does an awesome job.
Superdave19
1/22/2019 5:21pm
3) Ping loves the weed.
captmoto wrote:
I kind of wondered about GL. He seemed more out of control than the previous shows. There are times when Ping and GL should have shut...
I kind of wondered about GL. He seemed more out of control than the previous shows. There are times when Ping and GL should have shut up and listened way more but that was way more on GL than Ping. It seemed that all the previous guests would be getting to a really deep point and GL will pop in almost putting words in the guests mouth. Ping does work harder at keeping the show on point. Both Emig and Bones at times would pop in with "whose story is this" or "am I telling this or are you" type comments. I do really like the show but it seems like there is a lot left out because of how they get off point.
I'm sure he's a hilarious guy to hang around, but I agree..he should let the guest speak....It's probably jus the Jameson though.
mooch
Fantasy
431st
1/22/2019 5:31pm
Love the show...ONE suggestion though.

The setup for their desk is lopsided in relation to where folks set and also for the viewing audience (youtube) to be able to see the big screen. The guest is setting too far off to the left in relation to GL and Ping, when the camera zooms back to see all three people, camera can't pick up what's on the big screen behind them as the tv is too far to the right.

Quite a few times all three people are staring back at the big screen and cracking jokes about what they're looking at, but had no idea what they were looking at.

Move all that stuff around so the camera can pickup the big screen they're looking at.

Awesome stories being told!
1/22/2019 7:33pm
That was a super good show. Much better vibe than pulp imo

All the weed jabs from ping were unnecessary though
ob
1/23/2019 11:16am
Finally listend to the latest show, friggin hilarious I loved it. Thanks guys
MX76er
1/30/2019 1:24pm
Have listened to the Decoster, Emig and Townley episodes so far. Show is great, keep up the humour! Keeps it fresh when Langston gets excited, maybe we could hear an episode on both your careers!
dpingree101
1/31/2019 10:45am
MX76er wrote:
Have listened to the Decoster, Emig and Townley episodes so far. Show is great, keep up the humour! Keeps it fresh when Langston gets excited, maybe...
Have listened to the Decoster, Emig and Townley episodes so far. Show is great, keep up the humour! Keeps it fresh when Langston gets excited, maybe we could hear an episode on both your careers!
We have a show planned with just GL and I talking about our careers. It will prob end up being GL talking about himself for three straight hours LOL. Thanks for listening... Live show next Friday, Feb 8th, with Adam Cianciarulo! Get your tickets now and come watch the taping!

Post a reply to: Went to tonight's Whiskey Throttle Show: Jeffro Raw...unfiltered...

The Latest