Went riding on the smoker today. Here some photos...

dv12.com
Fantasy
181st
7/9/2011 6:34pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:54pm
|
RonSkj
Fantasy
141st
7/9/2011 6:42pm
Did you get a chance to take out soreballs?
dirtnapper
7/9/2011 6:48pm
dirtnapper wrote:
goon
dv12.com wrote:
I wasn't trying... ;-)
Wasn't being rude - I just get a kick out of your goon videos. Everytime I see a pic of you on a bike, thats the first thing that pops into my head - GOON!!!

But in a good way........ Laughing

The Shop

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
7/9/2011 6:52pm
Cool pics David!

Was that JSE on the KTM? lmao Tongue
yam261
7/9/2011 6:56pm
Nice pic's, now line it up at the next race.
Overdrive
7/9/2011 7:11pm
Is that your personal bike or the one done up for Cedric? Great shots, thanks for sharing.
dv12.com
Fantasy
181st
7/9/2011 7:23pm
Overdrive wrote:
Is that your personal bike or the one done up for Cedric? Great shots, thanks for sharing.
It's my personal bike. We sold Cedric's bike.
mjskier
7/9/2011 7:38pm
So how much feeling for riding have you lost. Could you smoke the riders on your team on say, a 3 lap dash?
mxrider225
Fantasy
2855th
7/9/2011 8:00pm
Awesome pics!

Is musquin going to be racing anytime soon?
Ddavis
7/9/2011 8:02pm
Looks like you're having fun, DV. Thanks for sharing.
7/9/2011 8:07pm
Was that Musquin in the pic? Is he healthy? When is he coming back?
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
7/9/2011 8:15pm
Awesome pics DV!

Still the same style as always and still a fan of the FMF pipe I see.

How did Marvin look?
scooterB
7/9/2011 8:18pm
video or it didnt happen...

Whistling
The Rock
7/9/2011 8:19pm
DV12-Will you ever go back to riding a four stroke? After a couple of races I put in on a KTM 300 and 300 Husky last year at REM I would be fine with never slinging my leg over another four stroke.

The power was plenty enough for me but what I really noticed was how much lighter they are.
Seb24
7/9/2011 8:19pm
Great Pictures DV! DV rocking his old school number niceee
yosmithy
7/9/2011 8:26pm
Lookin good Homme Vieu
dv12.com
Fantasy
181st
7/9/2011 8:31pm
The Rock wrote:
DV12-Will you ever go back to riding a four stroke? After a couple of races I put in on a KTM 300 and 300 Husky last...
DV12-Will you ever go back to riding a four stroke? After a couple of races I put in on a KTM 300 and 300 Husky last year at REM I would be fine with never slinging my leg over another four stroke.

The power was plenty enough for me but what I really noticed was how much lighter they are.
I doubt I will ever race again, even locally or vet races. To tell you the truth, I'm scared of other riders being out of control and I've seen a lot of flagging errors even at a National level. Mariana Balbi crashed really hard in Lakewood because of a flagging errors by landing on a bike and getting the closest she could get to a wheelchair. I am thankful of the volunteered flaggers that spent their days baking at the same spot but our sport could improve in this area. Those are some of the reasons why I don't want to line up behind a gate again...

That being said, if you want to be competitive and win any kind of a races in your class, the 4 stroke is still the answer in 90% of the time but I have way more fun on a YZ250 than on any 450s.
7/9/2011 8:38pm
Was that Musquin in the pic? Is he healthy? When is he coming back?
X2, when is he coming back, did he say anything DV.?
Yamaha24
7/9/2011 9:03pm
The Rock wrote:
DV12-Will you ever go back to riding a four stroke? After a couple of races I put in on a KTM 300 and 300 Husky last...

dv12.com wrote:
I doubt I will ever race again, even locally or vet races. To tell you the truth, I'm scared of other riders being out of control...
I doubt I will ever race again, even locally or vet races. To tell you the truth, I'm scared of other riders being out of control and I've seen a lot of flagging errors even at a National level. Mariana Balbi crashed really hard in Lakewood because of a flagging errors by landing on a bike and getting the closest she could get to a wheelchair. I am thankful of the volunteered flaggers that spent their days baking at the same spot but our sport could improve in this area. Those are some of the reasons why I don't want to line up behind a gate again...

That being said, if you want to be competitive and win any kind of a races in your class, the 4 stroke is still the answer in 90% of the time but I have way more fun on a YZ250 than on any 450s.
In the flaggers defense, I have been to several nationals and supercross races where the riders completely ignore the flaggers. My dad actually witnessed a pro riding right thru a flaggers flag. I agree some flaggers could use some more training, but riders need to be more aware of the flags as well.
The Rock
7/9/2011 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2011 10:11pm
The Rock wrote:

dv12.com wrote:
I doubt I will ever race again, even locally or vet races. To tell you the truth, I'm scared of other riders being out of control...

I understand your position especially with your family responsibilities and having progressed to being a team manager.

The reality of the flagging situation is "it's broken and needs to be fixed." Go back to Red Bud when Alessi was a speed bump after the start couple of seasons ago,, Alessi getting taken out by a lapper at Mt. Morris and I didn't know the details about Mariani's situation until now. Scares the hell about of a person thinking about 'what could have happened." Marianni is such a gem and I'm thankful shes"dodged the bullet" on that one.

These issue speak to why the sport needs professional flaggers. Professionally trained group that travels from race to race with fill in positions available at every track to expand the eyes and ears on the track.

Two way radios like what we'll be seeing in October in Vegas in lieu of professional flaggers are probably the most economically feasible solution.

EDIT: Two strokes are FUN.
mjskier
7/9/2011 9:50pm
Go back to Red Bud when Alessi was a speed bump after the start couple of seasons ago
I cringe every time I see a replay of that incident, but that's a bad example. Even the best flagger in the world couldn't do much at the start of a race. It is total mayhem, and with so many bikes around I doubt anybody would even pay attention to a flagger.
The Rock
7/9/2011 9:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2011 10:09pm
Yamaha24 wrote:
In the flaggers defense, I have been to several nationals and supercross races where the riders completely ignore the flaggers. My dad actually witnessed a pro...
In the flaggers defense, I have been to several nationals and supercross races where the riders completely ignore the flaggers. My dad actually witnessed a pro riding right thru a flaggers flag. I agree some flaggers could use some more training, but riders need to be more aware of the flags as well.
Excellent point. Without a doubt it's a "racer thing" where they don't want to give up any ground so these guys have blinders on.

At Southwick last year I personally witnessed people continuing to battle while the yellow flag was being waved as well races ignoring the medical flag. There was only one rider keep his wheels on the ground while cresting this blind drop off: I was so impressed I tracked him down in the pits to tell him. He was non chalant about it and said "that could be me." The rider was Pourcel.

Ignoring the flags unfortunately happens but no flag being waved is another issue.
Switch
7/9/2011 9:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2011 9:58pm
The Rock wrote:

dv12.com wrote:

The Rock wrote:
I understand your position especially with your family responsibilities and having progressed to being a team manager. The reality of the flagging situation is "it's broken...
I understand your position especially with your family responsibilities and having progressed to being a team manager.

The reality of the flagging situation is "it's broken and needs to be fixed." Go back to Red Bud when Alessi was a speed bump after the start couple of seasons ago,, Alessi getting taken out by a lapper at Mt. Morris and I didn't know the details about Mariani's situation until now. Scares the hell about of a person thinking about 'what could have happened." Marianni is such a gem and I'm thankful shes"dodged the bullet" on that one.

These issue speak to why the sport needs professional flaggers. Professionally trained group that travels from race to race with fill in positions available at every track to expand the eyes and ears on the track.

Two way radios like what we'll be seeing in October in Vegas in lieu of professional flaggers are probably the most economically feasible solution.

EDIT: Two strokes are FUN.
If you can foot the bill to fly me in Friday afternoon and fly out after the race without interupting the normal work week, please allow me to be the first to volunteer to be an unpaid flagger. If they would pay for a crew to travel, it wouldn't be hard to find a group to volunteer thats for sure
The Rock
7/9/2011 10:00pm
mjskier wrote:
[b]Go back to Red Bud when Alessi was a speed bump after the start couple of seasons ago[/b] I cringe every time I see a replay...
Go back to Red Bud when Alessi was a speed bump after the start couple of seasons ago
I cringe every time I see a replay of that incident, but that's a bad example. Even the best flagger in the world couldn't do much at the start of a race. It is total mayhem, and with so many bikes around I doubt anybody would even pay attention to a flagger.
I hear what you are saying but there was a lag between the beginning of the crash and the his final speed bump compression.

For sure people will still get run over especially at the start but next time you watch the crash check out the amount of time that elapses..

Post a reply to: Went riding on the smoker today. Here some photos...

The Latest