Welcome back Ralph

Edited Date/Time 1/29/2020 4:01am
Contrary to the popular opinion, I enjoyed having Ralph back!
|
Scott_Bate
1/26/2020 2:05am
I do believe Leigh is a better announcer I also enjoy Ralph though he doesn’t deserve the hate talk.
Cortami79
1/26/2020 3:36am
Scott_Bate wrote:
I do believe Leigh is a better announcer I also enjoy Ralph though he doesn’t deserve the hate talk.
Yep. I believe Leigh sees some more details though. Like in one of the 250 mains when 2/3 riders crashed in the whoops final lap, just no words about it while it happened on screen.
1/26/2020 3:43am
Ralph misses A LOT and has been doing it for a very long time.. but hey I’m not here to bag on the guy

The Shop

Premix
1/26/2020 4:10am
Having Diffy for 3 rounds just confirmed how bad Ralph is at calling SX.
YamaLink
1/26/2020 5:35am
What's odd is that Ralph is a fantastic commentator in the other sporting events he's called.
TDeath21
1/26/2020 6:15am
Ralph does a great job. People are just tired of him because he has been there since 06. It was before the message boards were popular but people absolutely hated Robbie Floyd and were so happy to see Ralph in there.
Shaned9326
1/26/2020 6:19am
Back to listening to five finger death punch during the races for me!!
deluxeman
1/26/2020 6:42am
TDeath21 wrote:
Ralph does a great job. People are just tired of him because he has been there since 06. It was before the message boards were popular...
Ralph does a great job. People are just tired of him because he has been there since 06. It was before the message boards were popular but people absolutely hated Robbie Floyd and were so happy to see Ralph in there.
I think Ralph stinks at his job. Ralph is too busy trying to be a cool kid, dropping names and telling stories to actually do his job properly.

Oh well we are stuck with him for the foreseeable future. So I guess I will watch with the sound down until they get a better announcer.

By the way Ricky still isn’t very good either, but he has made great strides this year.
shmacky78
1/26/2020 7:04am
Shaned9326 wrote:
Lmao ... the “Luke Bryan” of heavy metal
Id rather listen to Ralph 😂
vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4295th
1/26/2020 7:08am
Shaned9326 wrote:
Dang why listen to such crappy music...
Zycki11
1/26/2020 7:13am
I like Ralph. My largest peeve is that he talks over the announcer who is supposed to add the proper insight. Ricky is getting better and better and you can see he is trying. Kudos for the changes Ricky is making in his life. Clearly he is finding a new groove.
gym_jackets
1/26/2020 7:32am
Zycki11 wrote:
I like Ralph. My largest peeve is that he talks over the announcer who is supposed to add the proper insight. Ricky is getting better and...
I like Ralph. My largest peeve is that he talks over the announcer who is supposed to add the proper insight. Ricky is getting better and better and you can see he is trying. Kudos for the changes Ricky is making in his life. Clearly he is finding a new groove.
It became pretty evident that Ralph is the one holding Ricky back, not the other way around. Which is something I really can't say I believed before Leigh came on.
had2comment
1/26/2020 8:45am
Least Ralph stated it had been 3 years since Roczen’s last win and Ricky tried to correct him. Was he reading from a prompter or does he even pay attention?
Premixed112
1/26/2020 9:34am
Saw this quote from someone in another thread, wish I remembered the username: “Leigh made it feel like a sport, Ralph makes it feel like a show.”
Red Crawford
1/26/2020 10:45am Edited Date/Time 1/26/2020 10:50am
Hi Ralph! 👋😆
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/26/2020 11:00am
Did any of you Ralph haters ever think that maybe the production team wants him to announce the way he does? Maybe they wanted to try a different style with Diffey to see how it went?
gym_jackets
1/26/2020 11:04am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Did any of you Ralph haters ever think that maybe the production team wants him to announce the way he does? Maybe they wanted to try...
Did any of you Ralph haters ever think that maybe the production team wants him to announce the way he does? Maybe they wanted to try a different style with Diffey to see how it went?
Well the style with Diffey went better, so....
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/26/2020 11:12am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Did any of you Ralph haters ever think that maybe the production team wants him to announce the way he does? Maybe they wanted to try...
Maybe in your opinion.l, but not mine. I heard almost nothing during the first 3 rounds. Last night the excitement from Ralph was back. I’m not saying he’s perfect by any means, but he is much more exciting.
Motofinne
1/26/2020 11:20am Edited Date/Time 1/26/2020 12:06pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Maybe in your opinion.l, but not mine. I heard almost nothing during the first 3 rounds. Last night the excitement from Ralph was back. I’m not...
Maybe in your opinion.l, but not mine. I heard almost nothing during the first 3 rounds. Last night the excitement from Ralph was back. I’m not saying he’s perfect by any means, but he is much more exciting.
What are your thoughts about Ralph bringing up that Michael Mosiman is known for being a "fun fact"-guy mid race when he is going for his first podium of the year? Is that something that belongs in a professional broadcast? There is nothing else to be said about Mosiman and his current status or progress in the race?

I can't imagine commentator X choosing to drop a bizarre bit of info like that about Lewis Hamilton whilst going through Eau Rouge 7th gear pinned and chasing Sebastian Vettel for the 3rd place.

That is what we get with Ralph and that is what the majority seems to "hate" (rightfully so in my opinion), not Ralph as a person. He seems like a good dude but he is average at best and doesn't get the best out of the experts that he works with (Fro years before and RC now).
gym_jackets
1/26/2020 11:25am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Maybe in your opinion.l, but not mine. I heard almost nothing during the first 3 rounds. Last night the excitement from Ralph was back. I’m not...
I appreciate the opinion, as you could imagine I disagree but that's fine. When I hear Ralph's "excitement" it sounds a lot like he's trying to cover for his own shortcomings in calling the race. I mean, I've been bitching incessantly, but he misses so many calls while the race is going on that the excitement can't overcome it for me. And the calls he's missing aren't necessarily for my sake, you know? I see the calls he is missing, because I'm watching the race, so I'm not lost. But the biggest issue is that Ralph is NOT seeing these calls. Things that would be "exciting" for a fan of the sport if he would just point them out are being missed. And you don't even have to watch very much of the broadcast to see it! First 250 main, Ferrandis starts quading out in that one rhythm section, probably a minute into the race. And he did it every lap, and he was the only 250 rider doing it at the time. He did it for 6 MORE LAPS before ANYBODY said ANYTHING about it. That is a problem that needs to be addressed.
1/26/2020 11:45am
Shaned9326 wrote:
vdrsnk04 wrote:
Dang why listen to such crappy music...
I agree crank up that boom box to the Clash, or pepe neodoze the bass players band. Or Clark kent-police,s drummers band song my place, verse -we can be loud, extensive posing is allowed. While ska dancing down the street only to have military guys try to beat the crap out of your 9th grade azz. Or jam with Robert plant in a wi. Tavern.
MattyVicious
Fantasy
398th
1/26/2020 12:40pm
The other guy was way better. He was next level at calling the action on the track.
cwel11
1/26/2020 1:59pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
What are your thoughts about Ralph bringing up that Michael Mosiman is known for being a "fun fact"-guy mid race when he is going for his...
What are your thoughts about Ralph bringing up that Michael Mosiman is known for being a "fun fact"-guy mid race when he is going for his first podium of the year? Is that something that belongs in a professional broadcast? There is nothing else to be said about Mosiman and his current status or progress in the race?

I can't imagine commentator X choosing to drop a bizarre bit of info like that about Lewis Hamilton whilst going through Eau Rouge 7th gear pinned and chasing Sebastian Vettel for the 3rd place.

That is what we get with Ralph and that is what the majority seems to "hate" (rightfully so in my opinion), not Ralph as a person. He seems like a good dude but he is average at best and doesn't get the best out of the experts that he works with (Fro years before and RC now).
That little story about Mosiman was so bizarre. I said WTF out loud. Between story time, spastic yelling, and trying to inject fake drama into a sport that will create plenty of natural drama on its own, it’s just plain awful. Ricky sounded worse last night too, and he was so much better this year. It’s Ralph, plain and simple. Time to move on. And for the “stop bitching and watch the race crowd” as paying customers we’re well within our right to demand better announcing and coverage of the actual race going on.
BMSOBx2
1/26/2020 2:20pm
Ralph seems to have been paying attention to the critical comments he's been receiving. Seemed that he had toned it down a bit during this broadcast. He still sounds like he's calling a monster truck event though. Not my cup of tea.
bents
Fantasy
710th
1/26/2020 2:23pm
Welcome back Ralphie Boy. I like him in the booth.
CMcBain
1/26/2020 2:26pm
I was full on yelling at the tv when we didn't get a replay of Justin Cooper going down while leading or a replay of what happened to Craig. Granted they may have not had Craigs crash but they had Coopers.

Instead they go to an interview of Derek Drake to tell us about all he's learned in the first few weeks. "What I've learned are good starts are huge and if you don't get a good start you're in the back and its way better to be in the front" Thanks for the insight boys - just a gem of an interview that had to be injected into the middle of the race.

Just cover the action! No other sport cuts to cringey interviews in the middle of a game it's absolutely brutal.

I realize this rant is not Ralphs fault but more the broadcast as a whole.

Great radio bros...

1/26/2020 3:32pm
Ralph looks like an accountant, speaks like a special needs person on amphetamines and is as sharp as a hammer
1/26/2020 4:02pm
Ralph looks like an accountant, speaks like a special needs person on amphetamines and is as sharp as a hammer
Wow. I just choked laughing at that one
VetMX.com
1/26/2020 4:28pm
I like to hear Americans in the booth. RC has stepped up his game and Ralph has an annoying voice, but he knows the sport. YMMV

Post a reply to: Welcome back Ralph

The Latest