Weirdest thing you’ve seen at the track?

kevinr
Edited Date/Time 7/8/2020 9:44am
Saw this today. Anyone else have any pictures of oddness at the track?
|
crusher773
7/4/2020 5:56pm
I had a 10 year old kid saunter into our pits last night and try to pick a fight with me a 38 year old man. Never seen that one before.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
7/4/2020 6:00pm
Possum Hollow, fall 1982. Sitting on the starting line, getting ready for the gate to drop, and see two dogs locked together run across the start straight. Being only 8 at the time, I wasn't really sure what I just witnessed. So, I yelled at Dad, and he said "Nevermind that shit, they"ll figure it out... You just go like Hell."
EngIceDave
7/4/2020 6:03pm
Had a guy with one arm racing, and was actually pretty fast
7/4/2020 6:05pm
Once saw a GoPro of myself consistently putting down solid lap times and not making excuses for my shitty technique and cardio. Very weird.

The Shop

gnarwhip
7/4/2020 6:12pm
20 pros stopping to take a piss on that corner on the parade lap at Glen Helen.
mx_563
7/4/2020 6:38pm
Watching my buddy's girlfriend drive away in the truck and leave us in the pits at a night event 2+ hours from our house with nothing but our bikes and gear. He explained she was going to visit some relatives that lived nearby. Fast forward a few hours, it's like 11pm, track is closed, everyone's gone home, and my buddy and I are parked in front of the locked track gate under one lone street lamp hoping she comes back. (she did eventually). That was early 90s, Sacramento Raceway.

Fast forward to a few years ago, I spot the same dude at Club Moto all alone in the corner with his gearbag, bike and no truck. Walk over to say hi. Tells me his wife (different woman) had taken the truck to the outlets nearby.

To me, that's weird. I gotta have my vehicle with me at the track. If you're on Vital Jeff, sorry but I had to call you out on that...LOL! That always seemed weird to me.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
7/4/2020 6:42pm
Local pro hauling ass around one of our tracks wearing cut off jean short shorts, MX boots, no shirt, a shaggy fur white viking vest and a viking helmet. No shit. Was like WTF did I just see.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
7/4/2020 6:51pm
Local vet rider arrives at most races pulling his 1984 cr250 with a Honda Goldwing. And the Cr still goes well with him piloting it.
crowe176
7/4/2020 6:55pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2020 6:59pm
Guys doing heel clickers riding Coolers strapped to radio flyer wagons Jumping over a bonfire followed by a security guard getting hit in the head with a red plastic cup full of natty light

EDIT: REEEEEDDDDDBBUUUUDDDD

EDIT EDIT: HAPPY 4th fellas!
TeamGreen
7/4/2020 7:09pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2020 8:04pm
My ‘82 KX125 -stuck- in a “mud hole”’at the very 1st LL’s...

When ya tried to pull it out there’s was this “swooshing-sucking” sound and it WOULD NOT COME OUT...it was stuck in a suck-hole!
MotofactioN
7/4/2020 7:25pm
Guy pulls up to the track in a beater Toyota truck, spray painted blaze orange, and unloads his thrashed 2005 yz450f.

Puts on some unmatched goon looking gear, and literally shotgunned a natural light.

I get out on the track laughing thinking how funny it’s going to be seeing him out here.

As I come up on a double double, but you’re able to quad it if you want, this guy flys past me on the take off, throws a fatty, looks back at my, and continues to haul ass throughout the day. Pinch

Don’t judge a book by its cover folks.
Motoxdoc
7/4/2020 7:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2020 7:52pm
One of my competitor friends Robert “Robot” Rogers....his girlfriend lost her floppy hat in the wind and she chased after it into the Carlsbad first turn while we, a bunch of 250 pros in a CMC points race, were blasting off the line. Imagine coming into the first turn and seeing your girlfriend standing there with a hat in her hand. Most of us freaked out and bounced around her. I think robot might’ve even had to come to a complete skid stop just before he ran over his honey. They red flagged it and restarted the race. One of many awesome Carlsbad memories!
None of us razzed Robot a bit about his girlfriend on the line for the restart. Oh no wait, that’s NOT what happened!
dboivin
7/4/2020 7:50pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2020 7:50pm
TeamGreen wrote:
My ‘82 KX125 -stuck- in a “mud hole”’at the very 1st LL’s... When ya tried to pull it out there’s was this “swooshing-sucking” sound and it...

When ya tried to pull it out there’s was this “swooshing-sucking” sound and it WOULD NOT COME OUT...it was stuck in a suck-hole!
i sat in that corner spectating all that week. i watched a few bikes get eaten by that corner rut. 3 years later i got stuck in same corner with the same outcome. lmao
TeamGreen
7/4/2020 8:06pm
TeamGreen wrote:
My ‘82 KX125 -stuck- in a “mud hole”’at the very 1st LL’s... When ya tried to pull it out there’s was this “swooshing-sucking” sound and it...

dboivin wrote:
i sat in that corner spectating all that week. i watched a few bikes get eaten by that corner rut. 3 years later i got stuck...
i sat in that corner spectating all that week. i watched a few bikes get eaten by that corner rut. 3 years later i got stuck in same corner with the same outcome. lmao
I leaned on the bike so hard I thought the wheels would bend!
But, I got it out. Didn’t take that line again.
Laughing
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
7/4/2020 8:25pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Didn't ride there that year, my punishment came a year later in 83.... But, I do remember "Super Hunky" claimed that event was slot car racing in TN. He swore some ruts were damn near endless. Rick sure could tell a story.......

jemcee
7/4/2020 8:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2020 9:04pm
If there's any Aussies that were around the Queensland scene in the late 90's early 00's all I'll have to say is
Nathan Cavaletto haha
So many stories about this cat.. Like the time a guy woke up to see him eating a bowl of plain white rice using a cut out of an old tyre as a spoon haha but I saw him more than once running around a track at sparrow's fart (early in the morning) in the freezing cold (for QLD) with just a pair of cut off trackies (sweat pants) and no shirt
7/4/2020 8:55pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Must have been something like this lol

Ted722
7/4/2020 9:48pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2020 9:51pm
Went to a muddy race and we all had a bad day. Moto buddy in our group hadn't trophied a race yet and certainly didn't trophy this one. Definitely finished in the bottom half of the field (30 riders).

He goes to check scoring and they have him in 3rd. He grabs "his" trophy and comes back to our pit! :After much ribbing, we convinced him to give someone else's trophy back! :He ended up earning his first trophy in the next few races. Karma. Laughing

Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
7/4/2020 9:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2020 10:01pm
I've seen it happen twice. Both bikes were 1984/85 -YZ 100's. The riders lowers legs had got pulled through between the swingarm and rear wheel. That worried me the whole of 1985 as rode I for a local Yamaha dealer who had giving me two YZ100's for the sesson.

Brett Redman, the son of Jimmy Redman (who is a old motoGp legend from many years ago)...Brett launched off the side of the track...got some big air straight into the side of a water tower. Unfortunately there was a metal pipe protructing from the tower. He was impaled against the tank until professional help could remove him.

A really funny one was a pile up in the 80cc class, half the field where down. Eventually there is this kid standing there with no bike....and some other kids bike lying there. After a few moments he just hoped on the bike and off he went. Afterwards the mix up was resolved. Two similar looking bikes but the mess up caused alot of confusion for the scoring ladies.

Then my favourate....wasnt so grand at the time. My mom hating me racing and if/when she did come with to watch i knew there would be trouble....you see, my mom was a alcoholic. Too many embarrassing incidents involving my mom but the one that stands out is coming off the track from my second heat with a good result. My mom got pissed and fucked off home some 5 hrs away...no cell phones back then....and there we were, my oldman, myself, the bikes, the dog, tools, table, coolers, boxes, chairs and a barbaque....we had chicken on the grill that afternoon. Managed to bum transport backhome...luckily mates who lived in our area all squeezed in odds and bobs....i used to hate my mother. It took me 30 odd years to forgive her, not just for that day but many other worse shit went down.
xrmark
7/4/2020 10:16pm
about a month ago at pala, the guy who parked next to me unloaded his brand new kawi and put on fresh new gear. Started his bike, turned it off, and sat in his truck all day. Came out of his truck about 4 hours later, loaded up and off he was.
Motoxdoc
7/4/2020 11:01pm
Boomslang wrote:
I've seen it happen twice. Both bikes were 1984/85 -YZ 100's. The riders lowers legs had got pulled through between the swingarm and rear wheel. That...
I've seen it happen twice. Both bikes were 1984/85 -YZ 100's. The riders lowers legs had got pulled through between the swingarm and rear wheel. That worried me the whole of 1985 as rode I for a local Yamaha dealer who had giving me two YZ100's for the sesson.

Brett Redman, the son of Jimmy Redman (who is a old motoGp legend from many years ago)...Brett launched off the side of the track...got some big air straight into the side of a water tower. Unfortunately there was a metal pipe protructing from the tower. He was impaled against the tank until professional help could remove him.

A really funny one was a pile up in the 80cc class, half the field where down. Eventually there is this kid standing there with no bike....and some other kids bike lying there. After a few moments he just hoped on the bike and off he went. Afterwards the mix up was resolved. Two similar looking bikes but the mess up caused alot of confusion for the scoring ladies.

Then my favourate....wasnt so grand at the time. My mom hating me racing and if/when she did come with to watch i knew there would be trouble....you see, my mom was a alcoholic. Too many embarrassing incidents involving my mom but the one that stands out is coming off the track from my second heat with a good result. My mom got pissed and fucked off home some 5 hrs away...no cell phones back then....and there we were, my oldman, myself, the bikes, the dog, tools, table, coolers, boxes, chairs and a barbaque....we had chicken on the grill that afternoon. Managed to bum transport backhome...luckily mates who lived in our area all squeezed in odds and bobs....i used to hate my mother. It took me 30 odd years to forgive her, not just for that day but many other worse shit went down.
Your first scenario happened to me once. My foot got sucked up in between some other guys rear wheel and swingarm in the first turn. They had to stop the entire night racing program, at Corona Raceway in So Cal, for about 15 minutes while they removed they guys rear axle and wheel. Somehow I didn't do a tib or fib....but I don't think I made the restart.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
7/4/2020 11:02pm
The Milestone hooker.

fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
7/5/2020 1:22am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2020 1:32am
These stories are great. My best friend and I drove to a race in a roached Datsun hatchback with an enclosed trailer that we "customized" ourselves and was obviously way too heavy for the car. Wish I had a pic because a plywood trailer definitely would have made this thread! Raced all day (can't remember where we finished but both of us earned trophies). Car overheated and we spent two days at a truck stop trying to fix it with no money to eat or buy anything. We were trying to push start it and I remember asking him if it was okay that water was blowing out of the tailpipe all over my legs while I was trying to push it. lol. He was 16 and I was 14. Finally called his Dad. He arrived in the middle of the night, woke us up in the car, and took the trailer home. We spent another day trying to fix this stupid car that was never going to be fixed with elbow grease and called him again to pick us up the next night. It was about 4 hours away and he was pissed! But looking back, why wasn't either of our parents there to fucking take us to the race? We were kids.
kkawboy14
7/5/2020 3:36am
TeamGreen wrote:

Well....that sucked!
yz133rider
7/5/2020 3:44am
xrmark wrote:
about a month ago at pala, the guy who parked next to me unloaded his brand new kawi and put on fresh new gear. Started his...
about a month ago at pala, the guy who parked next to me unloaded his brand new kawi and put on fresh new gear. Started his bike, turned it off, and sat in his truck all day. Came out of his truck about 4 hours later, loaded up and off he was.
Must have got nervous, it is definitely intimidating when you’re new. ( If that’s the case)
dedi684
7/5/2020 4:14am
Tranny in a tutu and thong. Saw him/her jump a double i had trouble with in practice so i followed it over next lap 🤷‍♂️
Cygrace74
7/5/2020 4:32am
dedi684 wrote:
Tranny in a tutu and thong. Saw him/her jump a double i had trouble with in practice so i followed it over next lap 🤷‍♂️
I’m going to assume he was on an RMZ in New England
dedi684
7/5/2020 4:37am
dedi684 wrote:
Cygrace74 wrote:
I’m going to assume he was on an RMZ in New England
Small world eh? I missed the drugged up incident at ccc last year

Post a reply to: Weirdest thing you’ve seen at the track?

The Latest