Weimer's Comments

Fearo
3/26/2012 5:52am Edited Date/Time 3/26/2012 5:53am
What the fuck are some of you guys even talking about?

How can you not agree with with he said? The guy was battling for a podium position for christs sake. How frustrating would it be to get completely blocked twice by guys that aren't even in the race.

If the leaders are lapping 12th place for example, it's a totally different story. These guys are battling for position as well, and some misunderstandings will always happen in a situation like that. But someone rolling around in the middle of the track while in dead last? give me a fucking break.
roughneck
3/26/2012 6:06am
If you get lapped you should have to pull off the track at the safest exit point and go back to your pit..

nuff said
KAWboy14
3/26/2012 6:10am
they should make the mains 30 laps and 30 riders!
KAWboy14
3/26/2012 6:10am
20 and 20 is so 20 years ago!

The Shop

FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
3/26/2012 6:50am
I skipped a few pages but how about a minimum lap time average? At a certain point you are not racing any longer if your lap times are below a set point and at that point the rider is black flagged.
hasko158
3/26/2012 6:50am
dak446 wrote:
Weimer shouldn't even mention his sponsors if he's going to have that tone in his voice, really. He was pissed (justifiably or not is up to...
Weimer shouldn't even mention his sponsors if he's going to have that tone in his voice, really. He was pissed (justifiably or not is up to you guys to whine about) but when he was "listing" his sponsors in his and RV's typically boring fashion, his voice was extraordinarily unprofessional. He should separate his bitching and his thanking the people who helped get him to where he is. He's biting the hand that feeds him, and if he doesn't start producing at a "factory" level, it might be a sad day at the Weimer camp when contract renewal time comes around.
blusmbl wrote:
Exactly. He had the complaining tone even when thanking everyone, man up and don't sound like you're whining when Kawasaki is paying you to ride a...
Exactly. He had the complaining tone even when thanking everyone, man up and don't sound like you're whining when Kawasaki is paying you to ride a factory bike. I can understand why he was frustrated, but it seems almost every interview he is blaming something else. Gain knowledge from what happened, and get better next week. Don't complain that a lapper ruined your line or Dungey stuffed you in a corner.
And this is why most of the guys are robots on the podium. So now a guy has to sound all happy and peppy when he lists his sponsors? Get real, people like you make this sport boring. They shouldn't even have to list their sponsors in my opinion, let these guys say what they want.

It is worth mentioning and he is correct, if you are going to roll around get off the track and out of peoples way. I don't think he was saying he ruined his race, but it is frustrating.
nickm
3/26/2012 6:55am
BobbyM wrote:
got jumps and whoops and ruts and other riders. they're all obstacles and if you can't navigate through them without whining about them maybe you should...
got jumps and whoops and ruts and other riders. they're all obstacles and if you can't navigate through them without whining about them maybe you should rethink your profession. it wasn't like jeff or the others were zigzagging across the track or something.

but yea wiemer had a gripe, it's just too bad he looked like a whiner where and when he made the comment. live and learn and at least he does have some passion and wants to do well.
I agree, Its not like the rider rolling around is invisible...

Like I said earlier, he should focus on his own shit and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing on the track. Blaming others and making sure that nobody pisses you off or that nobody gets n your way or that nobody runs you high is not how you win races....if you need the referees to call foul on the other guys, then you aren't playing the game at the right mental level.
jndmx
3/26/2012 6:58am
cheers_22 wrote:
touche my friend, but I'm not worried about an internet hero having an iq higher than myself. I put my time in during private school and...
touche my friend, but I'm not worried about an internet hero having an iq higher than myself. I put my time in during private school and college. Going for free I might add while riding and racing on the weekends. In addition, I didn't ask you Tongue
Well played yourself there.
That's the beauty of the internet; you don't even need to ask and you shall still receive.

Laughing
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
3/26/2012 7:20am
There are some major issues with black flagging lappers. One being, now you have put lappers into a race with the leader.

But don't we want lappers to move clear of the leaders? You can't have it both ways.

You think Nick Wey is going to pull off the track when he is racing for 12th place with Kyle Chisolm? Preposterous!
croom mx
3/26/2012 7:42am
crash83 wrote:
I liked what he said...
Someone showing a personality instead of thanking ..monster..kawi..fox..redbull.my mama
X2
karnivool
3/26/2012 9:00am
Sherwood wrote:
If your going to make the main and simply roll around you should be black flagged.
BR_HERO wrote:
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ramrod wrote:
Agreed.
if 801 was racing hard, 21 would have been bitching about him racing too hard when being lapped. 21 always bitches because he is a bitchy little bitchass...

weimer = whiner...we already knew that...

his sense of 'entitlement' is on par with Bogles...
karnivool
3/26/2012 9:03am
AZ35 wrote:
So if they crash and are at the back, they should continue to ride as fast as they can? Seems simple. Then the leader comes around...
So if they crash and are at the back, they should continue to ride as fast as they can? Seems simple.

Then the leader comes around, and tries to lap the rider, but he is racing his ass off so maybe he blocks the leader or leading riders a little while trying to try his hardest to come back from the back of the pack. Rear view mirrors are not standard equipment.

Then because he was "racing" someone who was lapping him, every one on the message boards says he is a moron and should move over because he is not in the "race". He should just get out of the way and let the "racers" past.

Flip side is he crashes and is at the back. I am pretty sure that none of the guys who make the main are doing this as a hobby, so trying to make some money is pretty important. So do they just say fuck it I crashed and pull off the track, so they do not block the leaders (who usually lap into the top 10 or so in every race). Or do they race their ass off like the example above? Or dio they just keep circulating the track slowly (to try to stay out of the way) and maybe pick up a few positions from other riders who drop out and DNF?

Amazing how all the internet couch potatoes can figure out the right answer every time. Hindsight must be available only on the internet.
this...

no one said he(801) was rolling around for 20 laps...i doubt he was...

but when the leaders came by and he wasn't in a race himself, he did his best to stay out of the way

Weimer was too impatient...then got butt-hurt over it and looks like the douche he is on camera...
karnivool
3/26/2012 9:06am
Fearo wrote:
What the fuck are some of you guys even talking about? How can you not agree with with he said? The guy was battling for a...
What the fuck are some of you guys even talking about?

How can you not agree with with he said? The guy was battling for a podium position for christs sake. How frustrating would it be to get completely blocked twice by guys that aren't even in the race.

If the leaders are lapping 12th place for example, it's a totally different story. These guys are battling for position as well, and some misunderstandings will always happen in a situation like that. But someone rolling around in the middle of the track while in dead last? give me a fucking break.
so you are saying that the guys in the back should ignore the blue flags and keep racing? The main line was around the outside, every lap...21 made a dumb move and didn't account for lappers, no fault but his own...

right...
toroP
3/26/2012 9:18am
The only comment of Weimer's that bothered me ...

"..... my trainer Eldon". Jake should know his name by now.Pinch
jeffro413
3/26/2012 1:05pm
Unprofessional?

He said something like: I can't believe people make the main event and then just roll around.
I became a Weimer fan after that interview!!
TDeath21
3/27/2012 12:24am
He is right about rolling around. You can't do that. It jeopardizes the safety of yourself and the riders jumping the obstacles. I have no problem with his comment. He spoke his mind, and I love it when riders do that instead of the robot machine typical interview.

What I was questioning with Weimer is that after he was forced off the track, he had two big spaces in the tuff blocks where he could have gotten back onto the track, but instead gassed it up the side of the entire section and the corner, and got back on at the exit of the corner. The AMA needs to look at this, because when you go off the track you shouldn't have the right to skip the next section while having the throttle wide open on the side of the track.
TDeath21
3/27/2012 12:27am
roughneck wrote:
If you get lapped you should have to pull off the track at the safest exit point and go back to your pit..

nuff said
Problem with that is when Villopoto is lapping up into the top ten, those are very good riders he's lapping. Then these lappers who are fighting for a top ten position are going to do everything they can to keep that leader behind them, along with the person they're battling with. Don't we all want lappers to move out of the way? You can't have it both ways.
burnside
3/27/2012 4:29am
BobbyM wrote:
got jumps and whoops and ruts and other riders. they're all obstacles and if you can't navigate through them without whining about them maybe you should...
got jumps and whoops and ruts and other riders. they're all obstacles and if you can't navigate through them without whining about them maybe you should rethink your profession. it wasn't like jeff or the others were zigzagging across the track or something.

but yea wiemer had a gripe, it's just too bad he looked like a whiner where and when he made the comment. live and learn and at least he does have some passion and wants to do well.
Theres a difference between navigating lappers that are still riding at a decent pace and 'racing' though isn't there? The way I saw it he wasn't talking about lappers per se, he was talking about guys that had dropped the anchor and were still out there rolling around... counting down the laps. getting in the way.

Weimer has spoken out about it, so has Reed, wonder what the consensus is within the industry?
3/27/2012 5:05am
personally I think Weimer has a shitty attitude plain and simple.

While his comment may hold some water it's also true that the sport is made of different classes of racers, to anyone saying the mains should only have people in who are racing for the win and have less riders you have clearly gone soft in the head, shall we have a freakin 3 man MotoGP main event as well, WSB, F1 etc etc - idiots!!!!!
rollingtach
3/27/2012 6:09am
These days any sport that doesn't adapt will become stagnant and won't build on its following. All the major sports have adapted successfully over time in one way or the other. This issue and several others have validity and should be assesed annually through a group made up of select riders, owners and officials. Changes to the formats and rules should be considered for the benefit of growing the sport. Ultimately they would create more intense racing not at the expense of rider safety and the viewers will benefit with more live broadcasts.
jndmx
3/27/2012 8:29am
In boxing you have to be able to actively defend yourself or else it's over......they stop it.

If you aren't actively fighting to gain or hold position maybe........

Post a reply to: Weimer's Comments

The Latest