Weimer's Comments

exsarg
3/25/2012 7:06am
agreed nickm.
3/25/2012 7:06am
Ride154 wrote:
20 riders, 20 laps. Gate drops, 5 laps to sprint. After lap 5, 16-20th place off, that's where they finished. After each lap for the next...
20 riders, 20 laps.

Gate drops, 5 laps to sprint.

After lap 5, 16-20th place off, that's where they finished.

After each lap for the next 10, the person in last is eliminated, that's where they finish.

Last 5 laps there are 5 riders remaining with no lappers. Let them battle.

...had a few whiskeys tonight after that snoozer of a SX on the tv! Flame away!
What a stupid thing to say! You should have fuck'n passed out before you wrote such a response!
3/25/2012 7:15am
Face it! Some guys are never going to win, PERIOD! I don't think they should give up their dream because there are hell of alot of people posting that would love a chance to roll around in the main. SX depends a lot on your start. Not very many places to pass. All week you practice your starts, you think you have the answer and it doesn't happen. Therefore mentally your doomed. You have to keep rolling because those people that give you the $$ won't be back next year.
sec114
3/25/2012 8:00am
wasnt it the cupped out whoops that alessi was cruising through cautiously? i remember RV taking the whoops very cautiously in his last 7 or so laps. could it of just been that m alessi was doing roughly the same and it was just bad timing for weimer. i honestly dont know; im just a benefit of doubt kind of guy. i am glad weimer was not hurt when he went off; or for that fact glad no bystanding track crew didnt get landed on. God bless everyone involved!...........oh wait ; it was a Canadian race: who cares, to hell with them all!! haha!!

The Shop

humtercarrot
Fantasy
2915th
3/25/2012 8:22am
Mstock wrote:
Total truth. Total Pro. There is zero reason for 20 rider mains. Maybe 10 but 5 would be better. If your not capable to win the...
Total truth. Total Pro. There is zero reason for 20 rider mains. Maybe 10 but 5 would be better. If your not capable to win the race stay home. The injury situation would not be a problem if there was a minimum qualifying level. 101% rule or something. Shit is not working as is. Sorry but I'm not about providing employment/income opportunities like the USA expects. Motocross racing is win or die. If they don't like it they should race nascar and make millions for last place.
cody331 wrote:
a five rider main? really? please tell me you are joking....
20 lap dash for cash, that'll keep the fans in the stands...
nothing better than a empty track to keep us all entertained, dumb.
Toste
Fantasy
825th
3/25/2012 8:44am
Mstock wrote:
Total truth. Total Pro. There is zero reason for 20 rider mains. Maybe 10 but 5 would be better. If your not capable to win the...
Total truth. Total Pro. There is zero reason for 20 rider mains. Maybe 10 but 5 would be better. If your not capable to win the race stay home. The injury situation would not be a problem if there was a minimum qualifying level. 101% rule or something. Shit is not working as is. Sorry but I'm not about providing employment/income opportunities like the USA expects. Motocross racing is win or die. If they don't like it they should race nascar and make millions for last place.
5 riders is a bit of a hyper-correction, but I agree with you that 20 is too much. Besides the safety aspect, the qualifying races would get a lot more meaningful and interesting straight away.

Can anyone (besides team members/family/friends to the riders) honestly say they pay that much attention to what goes on past 10th place (or so) anyway?
jtomasik
3/25/2012 8:57am
Sherwood wrote:
If your going to make the main and simply roll around you should be black flagged.
^ This.
Toste
Fantasy
825th
3/25/2012 9:03am
But are you watching those guys race for position? It kinda sounds like you aren't.

I feel like there are enough obstacles as it is (without having so many lappers in the mix).
burnside
3/25/2012 11:50am
Wasn't just Weimer, Reed tweeted the same before the race even started . . . with reference to the 107% rule.
Sherwood
3/25/2012 11:56am
Sherwood wrote:
If your going to make the main and simply roll around you should be black flagged.
right? like the guy in practice that was 12 seconds off the pace. Tongue
Good to see you can't differentiate practice from the race.
3/25/2012 12:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2012 12:20pm
BR_HERO wrote:
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
gt80rider wrote:
Totally agree
zippy895 wrote:
once apon a time, other riders probably said the same about weimer. weimer has better stamina and he feels everyone who makes a main should have...
once apon a time, other riders probably said the same about weimer.
weimer has better stamina and he feels everyone who makes a main should have equal amount of stamina/
makes one wonder/
about Weimers ex-gf's uhh impression of IZZI? lolzzzzz
3/25/2012 12:39pm
Black flagging after going down a lap wouldn't solve anything if I was on the track about to be lapped. Lets see... my options are ignore blue flags and try to keep going to maybe still get another spot before getting black flagged or get lapped and get black flagged. So why would I make it easy on first if my main event was about to end?
ts.p311
3/25/2012 12:49pm
Weimer is always whining about what someone else did.
Rizzo
3/25/2012 1:00pm
Some of you people here are hard of hearing. Weimer said there was a down rider and he guessed wrong on where Georke was going.....his words "racing incident I guess." His said "he made a mistake" when talking about flying over that berm, again accountability. He also commented that he can't believe people make the main then just roll around. That is 100% correct, that is not unprofessional or whining or whatever.

There were 2 lappers that rolled the triple on camera, thats single...single.....single. Every slap dick that doesn't have a motorcycle on this site can go single single single on a SX track, anyone defending that in professional SX is a moron. Being lapped is one thing, cashing it in on lap 6 and calling it a night is different and you can easily tell the difference and who's who's out there when it happens.
grimey
3/25/2012 1:46pm
Rizzo wrote:
Some of you people here are hard of hearing. Weimer said there was a down rider and he guessed wrong on where Georke was going.....his words...
Some of you people here are hard of hearing. Weimer said there was a down rider and he guessed wrong on where Georke was going.....his words "racing incident I guess." His said "he made a mistake" when talking about flying over that berm, again accountability. He also commented that he can't believe people make the main then just roll around. That is 100% correct, that is not unprofessional or whining or whatever.

There were 2 lappers that rolled the triple on camera, thats single...single.....single. Every slap dick that doesn't have a motorcycle on this site can go single single single on a SX track, anyone defending that in professional SX is a moron. Being lapped is one thing, cashing it in on lap 6 and calling it a night is different and you can easily tell the difference and who's who's out there when it happens.
That's it. End of discussion.
DavidR
3/25/2012 2:16pm
People complain when riders give the standard answer of "I'd like to thank Monster, Dunlop, Parts Unlimited, Thor, the man upstairs" etc. when asked a question. Then, when a rider decides to speak his mind people complain about that also? I'd much prefer riders take a queue from the stars of the 80's (Hannah, RJ, Ward, Lechien etc) and speak their minds. Tell us what you're really thinking, tell us you think so and so sucks for rolling around out there and not trying or that they are going to beat so and so's brains in at the next round. Good on Weimer for telling us what he was thinking at the time. I'd much rather hear that then the canned responses we normally get.
PressPassP
3/25/2012 2:36pm
Marvin has the best podium talk for definate Wink
cheers_22
3/25/2012 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2012 3:55pm
cheers_22 wrote:
If I were Kawi i would ask Weimy for my money back.
BR_HERO wrote:
Ignorance

ig·no·rance (gnr-ns)

The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.
Any internet savy monkey can go to dictionary.com and copy paste; however, I do commend you for your efforts...
Talk to me when you have a college degree...nut hugging squid Wink
Motoxdoc
3/25/2012 3:53pm
Mstock wrote:
5 rider mains would be better? Really?......101%? When it comes to exerting effort, you can only give 100%. Where do you think these 5 riders in the main will get that extra 1% from?.......You talk like the USA is a person who expects employment/income opportunities? WTF?! Are you trying to morph your political views into this thread?.......Motocross racing is win or die? Holy shit! That means you won every MX race that you've ever entered, or that you've never raced MX, or you are wanted for murder or wrongful death....or, are you a ghost?! I bet all but maybe 3 of the top MX'ers would gladly make million(s) for finishing last in NASCAR races! I just don't expect a lot of those type of employment/income opportunities to present themselves. What do you expect?

IMHO, It's not right to make the main and not race it with 100% effort. I also DON'T think it's wrong for Weimer to complain about that.

Your opinions seem more than wrong......bizarre!
Motoxdoc
3/25/2012 4:02pm
Mstock wrote:
Last to first does not mean jack shit when the bottom 15 (out of 20) are not trying to win. Your response is very typical of...
Last to first does not mean jack shit when the bottom 15 (out of 20) are not trying to win. Your response is very typical of the average american citizen. It's all about "on paper" for you. Reality is much different. Weimer said the words. He had a better view than you.
Imagine what last to first would mean if the rider had to pass only 4 people! How could oldfart's opinion be that of the average american citizen when the average american citizen doesn't even know what motocross is?

It didn't seem like oldfart was saying Weimer was wrong for complaining, or that he had a better view than Weimer.....but rather 20 rider mains are better then your Einstein idea of having 5 rider mains.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
3/25/2012 4:05pm
Mstock wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:
5 rider mains would be better? Really?......101%? When it comes to exerting effort, you can only give 100%. Where do you think these 5 riders in...
5 rider mains would be better? Really?......101%? When it comes to exerting effort, you can only give 100%. Where do you think these 5 riders in the main will get that extra 1% from?.......You talk like the USA is a person who expects employment/income opportunities? WTF?! Are you trying to morph your political views into this thread?.......Motocross racing is win or die? Holy shit! That means you won every MX race that you've ever entered, or that you've never raced MX, or you are wanted for murder or wrongful death....or, are you a ghost?! I bet all but maybe 3 of the top MX'ers would gladly make million(s) for finishing last in NASCAR races! I just don't expect a lot of those type of employment/income opportunities to present themselves. What do you expect?

IMHO, It's not right to make the main and not race it with 100% effort. I also DON'T think it's wrong for Weimer to complain about that.

Your opinions seem more than wrong......bizarre!
I think you misunderstood what he meant by 101%. He is talking about a rule used in racing where if your lap time is some percentage slower than the leader you would not be allowed to race.
MX558
3/25/2012 4:26pm
New rule. Get lapped....have to pull off the track. Yer done for the night.
Sounds easy, but with lap times under one minute if one of the top guys crashes and it takes more than a minute to get the...
Sounds easy, but with lap times under one minute if one of the top guys crashes and it takes more than a minute to get the bike started they can easily make up several positions if they get going again.
If it takes more than a minute to get your bike started your race is over anyway. Why is bullshit always has an Alessi attached to it.
3/25/2012 4:34pm
New rule. Get lapped....have to pull off the track. Yer done for the night.
Sounds easy, but with lap times under one minute if one of the top guys crashes and it takes more than a minute to get the...
Sounds easy, but with lap times under one minute if one of the top guys crashes and it takes more than a minute to get the bike started they can easily make up several positions if they get going again.
MX558 wrote:
If it takes more than a minute to get your bike started your race is over anyway. Why is bullshit always has an Alessi attached to...
If it takes more than a minute to get your bike started your race is over anyway. Why is bullshit always has an Alessi attached to it.
Tell that to Villopoto after he crashed, filled his silencer with dirt, kicked on it for a long time, had his mechanic remove ithe dirt from the plugged silerncer, and then came back and passed several riders or Stewart after he endoed at Daytona, was there for a long time trying to get back on and get his bike started, and then set the fastest lap time of the event and passed several riders. In both instances they came back after a more than a minute of down time and gained points that they wouldn't have gotten.
jndmx
3/25/2012 7:59pm
cheers_22 wrote:
If I were Kawi i would ask Weimy for my money back.
BR_HERO wrote:
Ignorance

ig·no·rance (gnr-ns)

cheers_22 wrote:
Any internet savy monkey can go to dictionary.com and copy paste; however, I do commend you for your efforts... Talk to me when you have a...
Any internet savy monkey can go to dictionary.com and copy paste; however, I do commend you for your efforts...
Any internet monkey that is going to take someone to task regarding intellect should learn to spell the word savvy correctly.

Wink
CR250Rider
3/25/2012 9:06pm
I'm really glad this topic is being discussed, rolling around in the main event is Bullshit

Disqualification by PAINTBALL ?
3/25/2012 9:25pm
47 second lap times....factory suspension.....one off factory tire compounds....factory motor....factory rider.....20 laps. Lappers are part of sx and most keyboard posters would be 12-15 laps behind the last place rider and that's with pulling the hole shot and not falling down.
BobbyM
3/25/2012 10:16pm
got jumps and whoops and ruts and other riders. they're all obstacles and if you can't navigate through them without whining about them maybe you should rethink your profession. it wasn't like jeff or the others were zigzagging across the track or something.

but yea wiemer had a gripe, it's just too bad he looked like a whiner where and when he made the comment. live and learn and at least he does have some passion and wants to do well.
ilovemen
3/25/2012 10:24pm
Pro riders at this level should know what is going on at all times. That means you know whats coming up and whos behind you so you can choose the right line to not lose a spot.
cheers_22
3/26/2012 5:36am
BR_HERO wrote:
Ignorance

ig·no·rance (gnr-ns)

cheers_22 wrote:
Any internet savy monkey can go to dictionary.com and copy paste; however, I do commend you for your efforts... Talk to me when you have a...
jndmx wrote:
Any internet monkey that is going to take someone to task regarding intellect should learn to spell the word savvy correctly.

Wink
touche my friend, but I'm not worried about an internet hero having an iq higher than myself. I put my time in during private school and college. Going for free I might add while riding and racing on the weekends. In addition, I didn't ask you Tongue

Post a reply to: Weimer's Comments

The Latest