Weimer's Comments

Related:
Create New Tag

3/24/2012 7:26 PM

Unprofessional?

He said something like: I can't believe people make the main event and then just roll around.

|

3/24/2012 7:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/24/2012 7:43 PM

Unprofessional? No

The truth? Yes

Weimer was honest and is saying what everyone else is thinking. Hopefully the ama will take note and try to figure out a situation for the "rollers".

Jake was riding awesome tonight.

|

3/24/2012 7:29 PM

BR_HERO wrote:

Unprofessional? No

The truth? Yes

Weimer was honest and is saying what everyone else is thinking. Hopefully the ama will ...more

qft

|

regards,

3/24/2012 7:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/24/2012 7:31 PM

Just came off sounding like a dick is all. I am sure there has been some races where he made the main and couldn't do the full 20...

|

3/24/2012 7:30 PM

Why is it a rider speaking his mind considered a bad thing?

More drama and raw emotions make things more exciting for the fans I think.

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

3/24/2012 7:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/24/2012 7:37 PM

Alessi was rolling and nearly endo'ed off that last jump into that turn,Weimer had nowhere to go and had to go off the course,comments justified if you ask me,if you're not racing,get the fuck off the track and out of the way #Roadblock fom what I saw,even if I did watch on my phone in bed :-)

|

(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")

3/24/2012 7:32 PM

If your going to make the main and simply roll around you should be black flagged.

|

3/24/2012 7:32 PM

I liked what he said...
Someone showing a personality instead of thanking ..monster..kawi..fox..redbull.my mama

|

3/24/2012 7:34 PM

PressPassP wrote:

Alessi was rolling and nearly endo'ed off that last jump into that turn,Weimer had nowhere to go and had to go off the ...more

Well spoken my friend!!

|

3/24/2012 7:37 PM

Total truth. Total Pro. There is zero reason for 20 rider mains. Maybe 10 but 5 would be better. If your not capable to win the race stay home. The injury situation would not be a problem if there was a minimum qualifying level. 101% rule or something. Shit is not working as is. Sorry but I'm not about providing employment/income opportunities like the USA expects. Motocross racing is win or die. If they don't like it they should race nascar and make millions for last place.

|

3/24/2012 7:38 PM

Although probably true it was a bit classless IMO

|

The older I get, the faster I was. Posting without a cast on is fun!

3/24/2012 7:39 PM

Ing wrote:

Although probably true it was a bit classless IMO

Why?

|

3/24/2012 7:41 PM

Sherwood wrote:

If your going to make the main and simply roll around you should be black flagged.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

|

3/24/2012 7:43 PM

Sherwood wrote:

BR_HERO wrote:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agreed.

|

3/24/2012 7:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2012 6:29 AM

Do you really blame him though? Riders like Jeff Alessi that start rolling everything by lap 5 and get in the way. They might as well just pull off.

|

3/24/2012 7:46 PM

I thought his comments were justified and should have been said a long time ago. They obviously are in the way out there and arent racing at all.

|

3/24/2012 7:47 PM

Sherwood wrote:

More agreement!

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Flailing-Around-in-the-Sand,1234514
|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

So much for the AMA enforcing the rule they announced 2 weeks ago.

|

Sherwood wrote:

BR_HERO wrote:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This,this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It was Mike I think,just GTF dude angry

|

3/24/2012 7:51 PM

Maybe they should make a rule like they have in bike crit races, if you get lapped you get pulled out of the race.

|

3/24/2012 7:56 PM

PressPassP wrote:

Alessi was rolling and nearly endo'ed off that last jump into that turn,Weimer had nowhere to go and had to go off the ...more

Exactly,pull off,don't just roll around trying to stay out of the way cos you can't and don't stay out there trying to be part of attraction cos you aren't

|

3/24/2012 8:05 PM

Last to first does not mean jack shit when the bottom 15 (out of 20) are not trying to win. Your response is very typical of the average american citizen. It's all about "on paper" for you. Reality is much different. Weimer said the words. He had a better view than you.

|

3/24/2012 8:16 PM

Sherwood wrote:

Yeah most other motorsports that I know off would black flag you for being so far off the pace (like some riders are in the main like it's the parade lap), can make for some very dangerous situations.

|

3/24/2012 8:25 PM

i see his point. but theres always something. always comes off as blaming other people. villopoto didnt seem to have a problem navigating through the slower guys.

|

3/24/2012 8:27 PM

The guy coming from last to first is not rolling around. Weimer has every reason to be upset, first a lapped rider crashes and gets in his way which allows KDUB to pass( KDUB would have probably passed anyway but it sure made it easier). Then the other incident where Alessi almost endowed into a corner and Weimer went straight to avoid. He has a right to his opinion. Just like the rest of us. I watched a lot of rolling around tnight was the track that difficult? I know the whoops had almost everyone slowed to a crawl.

|

3/24/2012 8:27 PM

Jake always cries like a little girl. Yet when a faster rider tries to pass him he is the look over and block king...

|

3/24/2012 8:29 PM

I think Watson was saying the same thing on the Pulp show a few weeks back.

Good for Weimer for speaking up, someone needed to.

Tired of hearing the same old crap from some of the riders. Barcia must have gone to the same speaking coach as Dungey, cause he's sounding like the same exact robot.

|

3/24/2012 8:29 PM

Sherwood wrote:

right? like the guy in practice that was 12 seconds off the pace. tongue

|

3/24/2012 8:30 PM

i think when you get lapped, they should score you where you are, then black flag you

|

3/24/2012 8:30 PM

Mstock wrote:

Total truth. Total Pro. There is zero reason for 20 rider mains. Maybe 10 but 5 would be better. If your not capable to win ...more

a five rider main? really? please tell me you are joking....

|