Weimer and villopoto's handlebars?

Parks65
Edited Date/Time 1/5/2013 11:55am
I wonder why they've quit using twinwalls and are now running fat bars? They've both made the switch and I wonder if that's something renthal has done to boost the sale of the fat bar line or if its truly a functionality thing? On looks alone I don't think the bikes look as good with the fat bars as they do with the twinwalls
|
SlowMoFo
1/5/2013 10:24am
Parks65 wrote:
I wonder why they've quit using twinwalls and are now running fat bars? They've both made the switch and I wonder if that's something renthal has...
I wonder why they've quit using twinwalls and are now running fat bars? They've both made the switch and I wonder if that's something renthal has done to boost the sale of the fat bar line or if its truly a functionality thing? On looks alone I don't think the bikes look as good with the fat bars as they do with the twinwalls
$$$$$$$
1/5/2013 10:38am
I think it has something to do with the feel and vibration of the bike. I read on here that some guys actually cut a piece off the cross bar off on the twin walls and some turn them straight to fat bars
Ryno23
Fantasy
891st
1/5/2013 10:46am
Twins walls are very rigid and don't flex for crap. The fat bars offer more flex and don't bend as easy in a crash. At least that's what I've experienced.
malachi177
1/5/2013 11:01am
Twinwalls send the vibrations straight to your hands like a mofo.

The Shop

Parks65
1/5/2013 11:33am
I've never had issues with the twinwalls personally
bd
1/5/2013 11:55am
Ryno23 wrote:
Twins walls are very rigid and don't flex for crap. The fat bars offer more flex and don't bend as easy in a crash. At least...
Twins walls are very rigid and don't flex for crap. The fat bars offer more flex and don't bend as easy in a crash. At least that's what I've experienced.
Think you nailed it:

Alum Twin Wall Cross bar type (TAG or Renthal etc) do not flex as much as Fat Bar/ Pro Taper type bar. JS7 loves his bike rigid, hence, stiff forks and Twin Wall Bars. JB51 is running Renthal Fat Bar.... Canard is running Renthal Twin Wall. Rider preference when sponsor is Renthal. I prefer Fat Bar

Post a reply to: Weimer and villopoto's handlebars?

The Latest