Weimer Retiring

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
Edited Date/Time 9/14/2018 6:20am
Sounds like he might be staying in the industry. Thanks for the memories JW12!

Edit: posted a screenshot
|
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
9/13/2018 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2018 12:02pm
The east west shootout in Vegas several years back where all four of the Pro Circuit riders were battling for the win shows how good Weimer really was. I thought he would have more success on the big bikes but sometimes its just doesn't go your way. He did have a good career. Cool
9/13/2018 12:03pm
Wow. 13 years he’s been pro already. Doesn’t seem like that long he was riding for Mitch Payton.
9/13/2018 12:05pm
Dude had some gnarly injuries in his career, I thought he was done a year or two ago... Enjoy retirement Jake!

The Shop

AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
9/13/2018 12:16pm
Probably over being constantly hurt. He at least has a cute GF to spend more time with.
kkawboy14
9/13/2018 12:21pm
Not retiring unless he is stupid rich at his age! He’s about to change professions.

Re·tired
rəˈtī(ə)rd/Submit
adjective
having left one's job and ceased to work
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
9/13/2018 12:26pm
lostboy819 wrote:
The east west shootout in Vegas several years back where all four of the Pro Circuit riders were battling for the win shows how good Weimer...
The east west shootout in Vegas several years back where all four of the Pro Circuit riders were battling for the win shows how good Weimer really was. I thought he would have more success on the big bikes but sometimes its just doesn't go your way. He did have a good career. Cool
That was one of the best races I've ever seen and he was killing it.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/13/2018 12:37pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Not retiring unless he is stupid rich at his age! He’s about to change professions. Re·tired rəˈtī(ə)rd/Submit adjective 1. having left one's job and ceased to...
Not retiring unless he is stupid rich at his age! He’s about to change professions.

Re·tired
rəˈtī(ə)rd/Submit
adjective
"Retired from racing professionally"

Better?
9/13/2018 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2018 1:28pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Not retiring unless he is stupid rich at his age! He’s about to change professions. Re·tired rəˈtī(ə)rd/Submit adjective 1. having left one's job and ceased to...

Re·tired
rəˈtī(ə)rd/Submit
adjective
Why? Aren't their puppies you could be torturing somewhere?

Congrats on a great career Jake. There's been lots of ups and downs, but at the end of the day, Weimer is a bad ass on a motorcycle.
Question
9/13/2018 3:13pm
kkawboy14 wrote:

Re·tired
rəˈtī(ə)rd/Submit
adjective
Why? Aren't their puppies you could be torturing somewhere? Congrats on a great career Jake. There's been lots of ups and downs, but at the end...
Why? Aren't their puppies you could be torturing somewhere?

Congrats on a great career Jake. There's been lots of ups and downs, but at the end of the day, Weimer is a bad ass on a motorcycle.
Maybe not "retiring" in california ; but still it is almost possible to retire almost everywhere else with the money he made ! (Basically with any house paid near LA it is possible to be set, putting the money at 5 or 6% ; not everybody need the new tesla each year, just a home, a family, some friends, and some hobbies)

So Congrats Jake, great career !
9/13/2018 4:34pm
Congrats, Jake! Great career, and one of the great personalities in the sport. Agree with Matthes: please jump on the mike more! I really enjoy you on the show, especially when you're giving Matthes heat. It's pretty funny.
Flip109
9/13/2018 5:34pm
Was always a fan. Glad to know he’ll still be involved in the industry. Cool
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
9/13/2018 6:05pm
kkawboy14 wrote:

Re·tired
rəˈtī(ə)rd/Submit
adjective
There's always that one guy....
hellion
9/13/2018 6:33pm
Jake had such a sick style on the 250. Maybe he wasn’t big enough or never got the same feelings from the 450. Makes me wonder what would’ve been if he’d have raced in the two stroke era. He might have been really good on a 250 two stroke. He’s fought though some tough crap, hope he finds happiness in whatever is next.
brocster
9/13/2018 7:53pm
hellion wrote:
Jake had such a sick style on the 250. Maybe he wasn’t big enough or never got the same feelings from the 450. Makes me wonder...
Jake had such a sick style on the 250. Maybe he wasn’t big enough or never got the same feelings from the 450. Makes me wonder what would’ve been if he’d have raced in the two stroke era. He might have been really good on a 250 two stroke. He’s fought though some tough crap, hope he finds happiness in whatever is next.
Been saying it for along time. Needs to be two premier classes. Not veryone is made to ride a 450. Look at how many top 250 guys careers fizzled or bombed once bumped up. Happened in the 125/250 days also.
9/13/2018 8:10pm
I’ll never forget Jake winning that jet ski National at Budds Creek when he was on Pro Circuit. Never in my life have I seen so much rain come down in such a short amount of time. The pond overflowed and we just tossed our umbrellas because the rain was coming in sideways. Crazy stuff
jeffro503
9/13/2018 8:16pm
I watched him at the AX race here in Portland , riding I think 151? One or two days after his 16th birthday. He roped everyone 3 out of 4 moto's. I knew he was going to make a name for himself. Great career Jake , and thanks for giving it everything you had. You were very fun to watch when you were out there.
Bearuno
9/13/2018 8:34pm
I think one of the things that most impressed me about him (if I remember correctly) is that he got his family back onto / into property after they had pretty much given it all up in pursuit of his career.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/13/2018 8:57pm
Bearuno wrote:
I think one of the things that most impressed me about him (if I remember correctly) is that he got his family back onto / into...
I think one of the things that most impressed me about him (if I remember correctly) is that he got his family back onto / into property after they had pretty much given it all up in pursuit of his career.
He’s just a straight up good dude from a good family. I think they are from Idaho or somewhere close. Was always a fan of Weimer and am still bummed about the string of injuries. Easily a front runner if he could have stayed healthy. Congrats on a great career Jake!
SteezGeez
Fantasy
476th
9/13/2018 9:20pm
Big fan of Jake. Happy for him that he's walking away with his health intact and in good spirits
jeffro503
9/13/2018 10:36pm
Bearuno wrote:
I think one of the things that most impressed me about him (if I remember correctly) is that he got his family back onto / into...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
He’s just a straight up good dude from a good family. I think they are from Idaho or somewhere close. Was always a fan of Weimer...
He’s just a straight up good dude from a good family. I think they are from Idaho or somewhere close. Was always a fan of Weimer and am still bummed about the string of injuries. Easily a front runner if he could have stayed healthy. Congrats on a great career Jake!
Yep! From Idaho. Mostly good Peep's out that way.
Mxpilot20
Fantasy
2647th
9/13/2018 11:58pm
Congrats to him. Hope he enjoys what he does next. Mabye someone should let James know this is how its done Silly
Crush
9/14/2018 3:32am
Bearuno wrote:
Yep, he's a classy dude.
kage173
9/14/2018 6:12am
lostboy819 wrote:
The east west shootout in Vegas several years back where all four of the Pro Circuit riders were battling for the win shows how good Weimer...
I agree. That is definitely what comes to mind when thinking of Weimer. I always felt that was the pinnacle of domination for Pro Circuit and Jake led the way in that race.
mxb2
9/14/2018 6:20am
I’ll never forget Jake winning that jet ski National at Budds Creek when he was on Pro Circuit. Never in my life have I seen so...
I’ll never forget Jake winning that jet ski National at Budds Creek when he was on Pro Circuit. Never in my life have I seen so much rain come down in such a short amount of time. The pond overflowed and we just tossed our umbrellas because the rain was coming in sideways. Crazy stuff
I was there also, him and metty battle? Was it red flagged? I cant remember.

Post a reply to: Weimer Retiring

The Latest