Weege show says the 25min moto vs 30 min moto not decided

They will decide tonight. The extra 30 mins between motos is a sure thing, but are meeting tonight to decide on moto length.

|
Searights
9/2/2022 6:06pm
Wonder what the determining factors are amongst the brain trust.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
9/2/2022 6:17pm
You mean Vital has been pissing and moaning about it all day for probably nothing?

The Shop

Brent
9/2/2022 6:31pm
It was raining a little and cooler at my house today, I live 20 mins from the track

I don't think it will be as hot tomorrow as they originally thought.
Mit12
9/2/2022 6:34pm
Simple decision 30+2 no changes during the season.
ProKawi24
9/2/2022 6:35pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2022 6:38pm
I really hope they keep the standard format. These are some of the best athletes in the world and so much can and does happen in the last few laps of a race. Especially in the situation with Eli & Chase this would really show who has the best fitness and can manage themselves throughout the course of both full motos to crown the champ. It's not just about being the fastest, it's about managing the whole race.

Of course this coming from someone who will be watching the race in the A/C with a cold beer but I'm also not a professional athlete being paid millions to compete in what I consider the worlds toughest sport. I have nothing but respect for every rider on the gate tomorrow.

Edit: Well shit...guess my reply was 2 minutes too late.
kpiper
9/2/2022 6:40pm
Let's see, Ward, Bailey, Reed, RC think it is a puss move to shorten the motos. How about some others like Hannah, Oshow, Stanton, etc chime in?

This is motocross. You race in whatever weather the day brings. What the heck is going on with our sport?

Perhaps shortening the motos could actually make it worse on the riders as they may sprint harder early on because they know they have less time. I would love to see a list of riders' names that actually are voting for shorter motos.
aeffertz
9/2/2022 6:58pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2022 7:45pm
Brent wrote:
It was raining a little and cooler at my house today, I live 20 mins from the track I don't think it will be as hot...
It was raining a little and cooler at my house today, I live 20 mins from the track

I don't think it will be as hot tomorrow as they originally thought.
Doesn’t that just mean it’ll be more humid?

I have to work outside everyday and when it rains the night before it’s always worse because the humidity goes way up and the hot temps stay the same.
jeffro503
9/2/2022 9:44pm
There is a human threshold I think. Here me out. And maybe that's because I live in the NW , but when I was riding a bunch , in great riding shape........it seemed like anything over about 102 - 104 degrees , it went from being really rough to get a good long moto in , to being completely brutal. About 5 - 6 years ago a buddy and me set out to ride on a hot day. Started early in the morning and it hit 105 degrees. At that point I dressed down , and cracked a beer , along with a lot of other people at the track.

Like I was saying , my personal breaking point has always been around that 102+ degree area........after that , screw that! I'm headed to the river!

Post a reply to: Weege show says the 25min moto vs 30 min moto not decided

The Latest