Weege Malin 2020

jackiemoon917
Edited Date/Time 9/27/2019 9:49pm
I feel obligated to start this post saying I mean no disrespect toward Fro. In my opinion, he's was much better supercross analyst than RC, but after watching the Teams Presentation, I just don't think he is the right fit for MXoN. He has no trouble talking about the American riders and the very top MXGP riders, but doesn't offer much when Malin talks about the guys who aren't winning titles. I can't imagine how difficult it is to give in-depth analysis on riders you only see once per year though.
I think this event is one fit for Weege. The guy can announce anything. Part of it comes from him being such a huge fan of the sport. The other part comes from his commitment to his job. I doubt there is anyone more willing to put in the time to learn the riders and teams than he is. Maybe I'm a bit biased but that's just my 2 cents.
|
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
9/27/2019 10:19pm
Malin is the worst commentator in professional mx. He sounds like a golf commentator.

Dont get me wrong Im not a fan of American pageantry at the best of times, however it definitely has its place in commentating an exciting sport like mx... and Mailin dont have it
Sideways
9/27/2019 10:40pm Edited Date/Time 9/27/2019 10:43pm
motokiwi wrote:
Malin is the worst commentator in professional mx. He sounds like a golf commentator. Dont get me wrong Im not a fan of American pageantry at...
Malin is the worst commentator in professional mx. He sounds like a golf commentator.

Dont get me wrong Im not a fan of American pageantry at the best of times, however it definitely has its place in commentating an exciting sport like mx... and Mailin dont have it
The hell are you talking about!?

Malin is the best mx commentator of all time! He has crazy knowledge and knows EVERYTHING that goes around in the pits. He has humor but doesnt ramble on about topics outside of the racing on the screen. He is nothing like a golf commentator, have you even heard him when a rider goes down? He screams! Best ever imo.
9/27/2019 11:25pm
Disagree.
Malin is great & Emig is more than good enough for this race, despite not knowing the lower down MXGP riders.
I like the history between these two, it fits nicely.
Ex racers, ex combatants, both former winners, WHO is weege?? No credentials, I’m not that interested in hearing from him..

The Shop

jemcee
9/27/2019 11:29pm
Get JT in there he was good at the GPs he did

He might be a little too aah passionate to be impartial though haha
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
9/28/2019 12:04am
motokiwi wrote:
Malin is the worst commentator in professional mx. He sounds like a golf commentator. Dont get me wrong Im not a fan of American pageantry at...

That's one shit take m8
teamddr
9/28/2019 12:12am
motokiwi wrote:

This has to be the worst comment of all time
jemcee
9/28/2019 1:15am
motokiwi wrote:

You've gotta be confusing him with someone else haha Who you describe couldn't be Malin by any stretch of the imagination!

There's a chance you're just fishing and you caught me but I'm not sure what that gets you..

I am laughing at him commentating golf though "It looks like it's CLOSE TO THE HOOOOOOOLE OOH oh he got a birdie" haha
St Ann More
9/28/2019 2:07am
Thumbs down for Weege!

When he spews bs like "Hunter Lawrence had plenty of wins" and "was a championship contender in Europe" multiple times throughout the Nationals this year, it is quite clear, he doesn't watch them!

Lawrence had one moto win in the GP's and was never a title contender (except in EMX250).
jackiemoon917
9/28/2019 2:41am
motokiwi wrote:

Sideways wrote:
The hell are you talking about!? Malin is the best mx commentator of all time! He has crazy knowledge and knows EVERYTHING that goes around in...
The hell are you talking about!?

Malin is the best mx commentator of all time! He has crazy knowledge and knows EVERYTHING that goes around in the pits. He has humor but doesnt ramble on about topics outside of the racing on the screen. He is nothing like a golf commentator, have you even heard him when a rider goes down? He screams! Best ever imo.
Perfect example of Malin's personality was this years pit bike of nations. The camera angle was terrible and there was absolutely no organization, but his comments on the event were hilarious
9/28/2019 6:20am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2019 6:24am
motokiwi wrote:

You're such a shit tier troll.

You're either:

A) clueless with absolutely no knowledge of the sport and can't understand what he says
b) deaf and dumb
kb228
9/28/2019 7:14am
Weege needs to do sx with blair.
Nuffsaid
9/28/2019 8:15am
Malin is summed up in one word: Coccyx !
Yep, Malin called that before RV even stopped rolling on the ground. Malin still rips on his ride of choice a 125, stud!
germansxguy
Fantasy
653rd
9/28/2019 8:26am
emig is by far the worst off all today. he only talks good about the americans, and he is all about pages of laptimes.... don‘t get me wrong but it makes zero sense to compare laptimes on a track like that from different heats. if he can‘t say anything better than this please just shut up
FerCzD
9/28/2019 10:11am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2019 10:13am
emig is by far the worst off all today. he only talks good about the americans, and he is all about pages of laptimes.... don‘t get...
emig is by far the worst off all today. he only talks good about the americans, and he is all about pages of laptimes.... don‘t get me wrong but it makes zero sense to compare laptimes on a track like that from different heats. if he can‘t say anything better than this please just shut up
I found completely idiotic his comment about "if this was a supercross track". What does that have to do with this event at all? And then US riders train 8 months per year SX and 4 months of MX.
YZ324
9/28/2019 11:54am
JT$ doing well in MXON as far as I can see.
9/28/2019 12:20pm
I thought Fro struggled today

Malin is pure class and nothing phases him.His knowledge of the sport is undeniable,he pulls out some great one liners and keeps the whole thing rolling effortlessly

JT is articulate and also has a great knowledge of the sport and makes alot of valid points,he makes a good partnership with Malin

Fro seemed to be struggling to keep up,he would get lost with what he was trying to say at times and would draw it out.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
9/28/2019 12:46pm
Yeah, for an international broadcast I thought Fro’s comments about supercross, we “only” have Southwick and only race 4 months of MX a year were tone deaf. We ‘mericans have chosen supercross as a priority unfortunately but we shouldn’t parade that choice as an excuse at MXdN.
9/28/2019 12:59pm
Malin, Emig, Langston and Jason Weigandt would be a dream team
9/28/2019 1:24pm
Thumbs down for Weege! When he spews bs like "Hunter Lawrence had plenty of wins" and "was a championship contender in Europe" multiple times throughout the...
Thumbs down for Weege!

When he spews bs like "Hunter Lawrence had plenty of wins" and "was a championship contender in Europe" multiple times throughout the Nationals this year, it is quite clear, he doesn't watch them!

Lawrence had one moto win in the GP's and was never a title contender (except in EMX250).
No excuse for Weege to have not done his homework on that, especially since him and Matthes are so quick to call out anyone who doesn't do theirs but I hardly think him getting the facts wrong every once in a blue moon reflects too much on his actual announcing. For the most part Weege is very factually correct.
karsmakers
9/28/2019 1:52pm
During the entire broadcast today Fro droned on. Half the time I wanted to help him complete a sentence and the other half I wanted him to shut up. He just drones on about the most basic stiff. Malin and JT were great
bents
Fantasy
909th
9/28/2019 2:25pm
Malin is a boss period, and would be the best in the booth at MX, SX, and of course MXGP.
Bineano
9/28/2019 7:50pm
Malin kicks ass, knows his stuff and is great to listen to! Absolutely enjoy his commentary 100%
9/28/2019 8:13pm
I love malin. I've thought he was a little biased against Americans at some point, but the guy shows emotion while commentating, and is very knowledgeable. Watch when eli was racing MXON in 13 or 14 I believe. Hed see eli hauling the mail and make a small mistake and make a "ohhhra" sound while he was in the middle of saying what he was saying. The guy feels what the riders are experiencing and is great at what he does. I'd way rather hear him commentate our outdoors. He doesn't have to tell us what roll offs are or how a tie breaker in scoring works. I get that the national commentating is catered to the simple fans that are watching for the first time, but it gets old. Malin all day
ATKpilot99
9/28/2019 8:18pm
Malin is the gold standard for mx announcing right now. He can do a one man booth or have a guest and plays off of them perfectly.
LastCall211
9/28/2019 8:46pm
Emig is always good and I thought JT was terrific. Would love to see him get some airtime in the states.
Coenmx
9/28/2019 9:12pm
Bineano wrote:
Malin kicks ass, knows his stuff and is great to listen to! Absolutely enjoy his commentary 100%
Totally agree he has a few cheesy one liners to that often crack you up .
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
9/28/2019 9:35pm
The production is such a shit show its amazing to watch. He compliments this unintentional design narrative perfectly.
zehn
9/28/2019 9:50pm
Wow, another clown comment from motokiwi, I'm so surprised

Post a reply to: Weege Malin 2020

The Latest