Weege, JGR, state of the sport

tobz
11/17/2020 5:16pm
tobz wrote:
Suzuki have a revealing keynote coming up? What am I missing. Why are we comparing apple to a flailing struggling suzuki?
SEMAC wrote:
How is Suzuki strugling,?.because a bunch of vital ignorants Say so,people that read KTM action ,and so. i am sure the ceo of Suzuki can't sleep...
How is Suzuki strugling,?.because a bunch of vital ignorants Say so,people that read KTM action ,and so. i am sure the ceo of Suzuki can't sleep at night because of the comments of this forum
I mean. If you ignore the fact that they’ve all but pulled all funding for the pro team, and they’ve not developed their bikes for 10 years, with no development in sight as all funding has been pulled for that. Then I can’t help you.
SEMAC
11/17/2020 5:33pm
tobz wrote:
Suzuki have a revealing keynote coming up? What am I missing. Why are we comparing apple to a flailing struggling suzuki?
SEMAC wrote:
How is Suzuki strugling,?.because a bunch of vital ignorants Say so,people that read KTM action ,and so. i am sure the ceo of Suzuki can't sleep...
How is Suzuki strugling,?.because a bunch of vital ignorants Say so,people that read KTM action ,and so. i am sure the ceo of Suzuki can't sleep at night because of the comments of this forum
tobz wrote:
I mean. If you ignore the fact that they’ve all but pulled all funding for the pro team, and they’ve not developed their bikes for 10...
I mean. If you ignore the fact that they’ve all but pulled all funding for the pro team, and they’ve not developed their bikes for 10 years, with no development in sight as all funding has been pulled for that. Then I can’t help you.
Can't argue with ignorants,
tobz
11/17/2020 5:46pm
Ignorance indeed.

Can’t argue with facts.

I feel for you if you have a soft spot for Suzuki and can understand fanboys fighting tooth and nail to keep the yellow dream alive. but you can’t ignore these things mentioned and not come to the conclusion that motocross is taking a back seat in their priorities .
11/18/2020 2:52am
I can only base it on my personal observations. Considering everyone I know and work with.....it includes like 3 phones that are not iPhones and my...
I can only base it on my personal observations. Considering everyone I know and work with.....it includes like 3 phones that are not iPhones and my MacBooks work the same 5 years after buying them and a PC is garbage in two. To each their own......kind of like arguing 2 strokes vs 4.
Skerby wrote:
Im not even a computer guy and this seems suspect. What exactly degrades in a PC over two years? I had a Dell XPS laptop for...
Im not even a computer guy and this seems suspect. What exactly degrades in a PC over two years? I had a Dell XPS laptop for over ten years and it never let me down, played computer games on it and stuff.
Big facts! He's just drinking the Apple Kool-Aid.

The Shop

11/18/2020 3:01am
tobz wrote:
Because they seem alike except for the facts that people still buy iPhones but not really RMZs. They are both heavily investor based companies that could give a s*** less when it comes down to the consumer. Apple products remain the same for longer periods of time, same as Suzuki. Hard to ignore when the competition is giving what the consumer wants, kind of like KTM.
JB 19
11/18/2020 4:15am
OLDMOTO wrote:
I've posted about this awhile back. I asked for people in the advertising industry to speak about this very thing. It doesn't project a positive outlook...
I've posted about this awhile back. I asked for people in the advertising industry to speak about this very thing. It doesn't project a positive outlook for our sport. Motorcycle racing on the professional level is almost completely funded by the advertising dollar.

I see the business model changing to only factory teams from the KTM brands, Honda and Kawasaki. With Procircuit and Yamaha remaining at the current level (as long as Mitch Payton and Bobby Reagan receive enough funding from the OEM). Maybe a couple of teams like Motoconcepts funded by a wealthy entrepreneur that does it out of passion for the sport.

Here's another thought. Does racing really sell bikes to a great extent? Does Honda really need to sponsor motocross and Supercross in the future? Would they sell the same amount of CRF and offroad models with targeted internet advertising? Suzuki seems to think its not worth the expense.

What about Feld SX. MX Sports and MXGP? They're going to absorb the sponsorship dollars as well. Why would a huge company sponsor a team when they could spend the same or less money and become a title sponsor of the Series? Or for that matter why sponsor anything when they can have their advertising sent directly to your cell phone for much less?

Most of the products in motocross don't generate enough revenue to cover the expense of running their own team. A few like Alpinestars or Fox could but why would they?

For instance why would a company like Fox pay for a Team Fox when they can spend far less and still have their products featured on the factory teams? The same applies to Dunlap, Fox, Alpinestars, Thor, etc.

Sponsor funding for privateer teams is going to be absorbed by the factory teams to a greater extent. What support the privateer receives is going to be in the form of free or discounted products with very little actual cash.

I think racing is going to contract into the haves and have not situation. 10 or 12 team riders and then the rest being local pro riders working out of Sprinter vans.

2008, is that you?
CPR
11/18/2020 4:39am
viking24 wrote:
Didn't Suzuki just win the MotoGP title? Hmm
kiwifan wrote:
So? Honda won many MotoGP titles and no US MX title.... there is no correlation between the two
Or is there?! 😂
Think about what you just said.
Walter
11/18/2020 4:47am
Perhaps the answer is that dirt bikes are no longer selling in great numbers (exception: a bit of a Covid-induced bump) and MotoGP is the halo series where the money is spent due to a better ROI?
Timo_2824
11/18/2020 5:42am
Except Apple owns the market and Suzuki is losing all over. Apple products work amazingly well together and they also just work....nearly all the time. It's...
Except Apple owns the market and Suzuki is losing all over. Apple products work amazingly well together and they also just work....nearly all the time. It's like a Toyota compared to a Chevrolet. It may not have every latest gadget/stereo/navigation and may not have the most horsepower, but it works and works and works and does everything it's supposed to very well.
Actually Google's Android has 76% of the world's mobile market share, Apple iOS at 26%. As more computers, Microsoft has 76% with Windows and Apple with...
Actually Google's Android has 76% of the world's mobile market share, Apple iOS at 26%.
As more computers, Microsoft has 76% with Windows and Apple with 18%.
Where does Apple own the market? Tablets?

Dirtbike forum becoming a tech forum lol.
I can only base it on my personal observations. Considering everyone I know and work with.....it includes like 3 phones that are not iPhones and my...
I can only base it on my personal observations. Considering everyone I know and work with.....it includes like 3 phones that are not iPhones and my MacBooks work the same 5 years after buying them and a PC is garbage in two. To each their own......kind of like arguing 2 strokes vs 4.
I built my PC in 2010 and it's still going, your problem isn't windows it's the PC company you're buying crap PC's from.
davistld01
11/18/2020 6:45am Edited Date/Time 11/18/2020 6:47am
Weege is an intelligent "everyguy" who seems to just love our sport. I tend to appreciate his points of view over Matthes'.

Here's a question. Weege said there was only room for FOUR major teams in professional motocross. If that's the case...who would be the team(s) that will (presumably) fall to the wayside a la JGR & Geico?

AngryBear
11/18/2020 7:00am
davistld01 wrote:
Weege is an intelligent "everyguy" who seems to just love our sport. I tend to appreciate his points of view over Matthes'. Here's a question. Weege...
Weege is an intelligent "everyguy" who seems to just love our sport. I tend to appreciate his points of view over Matthes'.

Here's a question. Weege said there was only room for FOUR major teams in professional motocross. If that's the case...who would be the team(s) that will (presumably) fall to the wayside a la JGR & Geico?

i *think* he was less saying 4 teams, but rather 4 major brands. ie, the austrians came in, suzuki fades out.
Motodave15
11/18/2020 9:09am
As a person from the outside looking in on the sponsorship's.

There needs to be fundamental change on the rules for sponsors and their abilities from feld sports and mxsports.

Maybe just Maybe for the teams to survive, They should be allowed to sell all things moto related in the pits and maybe make certain rounds discount rounds etc??
To be honest, they could make a whole gated side to the pits just for commerce...I mean alot alot of teams could sell engine stuff, or shit even whole bikes. with hop ups etc.

Personally if i was the powers that be, I would allow ad's/sponsorship for smoking/Alcohol and buck the trend of "Oh the kids".. Their parents should teach them not to smoke or drink ( But that's another topic)

Bottom Line, this sport needs more $$ incoming to the teams.

Post a reply to: Weege, JGR, state of the sport

The Latest