Webb's a punk

aeffertz
3/10/2018 6:43pm
pmshortt2 wrote:
Such a prude. Sad. You must of misunderstood my statement. First of all, I never said “I wish...” about anything. I simply stated that Eli shouldn’t...
Such a prude. Sad.

You must of misunderstood my statement. First of all, I never said “I wish...” about anything. I simply stated that Eli shouldn’t feel bad and should go ahead and show Webb some tough love in the corner. As in DONT HOLD BACK! Put him in the dirt. Fight back, and don’t feel bad about it.

Do you really think I want him to end his career? You take things a little too seriously here on Vital, sissy.
You said Eli should've ended his season/career. How else could I take that other than you stating what you wish would've happened.

No misunderstanding, just some back pedaling by you.
Steadman
3/10/2018 6:47pm
Does anyone have any footage of the incident they can share?
hillbilly
3/10/2018 7:05pm
Dmcc wrote:
Hopefully to Mac woops his punk a ass.
I bet you wear your hat sideways don't ya.

The Shop

mx216
3/10/2018 7:16pm
Webb did nothing wrong. I’m a fan of both riders but wtf Eli ?
mx216 wrote:
Yo didn't see Cooper cross jump and swerving all over the place?
twotwosix wrote:
The ride beside camera angle didn’t do Webb’s cross jumping justice...
I mean I clearly saw it, but maybe it was even worse than it looked.
Do_Work
3/10/2018 7:33pm
I'm reserving judgement until we get the gif showing cross jumping lines with mspaint.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
3/10/2018 11:10pm
In the Press Conference Eli said he went for the take out on purpose because he was pissed off about the cross jumping. Webb smirked, and said "Eli told me, welcome to the 450 class."

It was some great drama. Eli showed some fire and personality in the press conference. That's what will grow the sport. Show your fire and excitement for winning like Braydon and crew did.
Motoxdoc
3/10/2018 11:13pm
Tomac's psyche is like a "delicate flower" and it cost him the win tonight.
gnarwhip
3/10/2018 11:13pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2018 11:26pm
Dude got called out for cross jumping. He did the same thing to Roczen at A1. Not cool.
3/10/2018 11:19pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
How? The incident was in the heat race. He passed 20 other guys in the main from dead last including Webb.
BobPA
3/10/2018 11:22pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
How? The incident was in the heat race. He passed 20 other guys in the main from dead last including Webb.
Moto doc has scrambled his brain from all the front wheel first landings in his career.
Motoxdoc
3/10/2018 11:45pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Moto doc has scrambled his brain from all the front wheel first landings in his career.
LOL, That's a senseless reply. Something I come to expect from Vital members. Try following this logic. Tomac so much as admitted that Webb got in his head and caused him to make an unforced error, which in turn caused him to get the 12th pick on the gate for the main, which in turn caused him to be where he was off the start in the main, which in turn caused him to go down and lose serious time in the main (more than the 3 -4 seconds that he lost by), which in turn cost him the win tonight. Or in other words, Tomac's psyche is like a "delicate flower" and it cost him the win tonight.
3/10/2018 11:50pm
Tomac's history of slamming into riders is pretty much nil, I'm sure something pissed him off.
3/10/2018 11:53pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
LOL, That's a senseless reply. Something I come to expect from Vital members. Try following this logic. Tomac so much as admitted that Webb got in...
LOL, That's a senseless reply. Something I come to expect from Vital members. Try following this logic. Tomac so much as admitted that Webb got in his head and caused him to make an unforced error, which in turn caused him to get the 12th pick on the gate for the main, which in turn caused him to be where he was off the start in the main, which in turn caused him to go down and lose serious time in the main (more than the 3 -4 seconds that he lost by), which in turn cost him the win tonight. Or in other words, Tomac's psyche is like a "delicate flower" and it cost him the win tonight.
What rider hasn't been fired up over something that happened on the track, are all their psyche's "delicate flowers" as you say? Using your ever so intelligent logic Roczen, Webb, Musquin, Barcia, Peick, Reed, Dungey, Villopoto, Carmichael, McGrath etc are all "delicate flowers". I mean they all got angry about something and did something about it at some point in their careers.
3/11/2018 12:00am
Press conference should clear up any questions on this thread. Shut it down now, no more to talk about here! Great work Tomac & surely between the 3 in the booth they could of worked out Webb was cross jumping or did something to piss off Eli...
Motoxdoc
3/11/2018 12:35am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2018 12:45am
Motoxdoc wrote:
LOL, That's a senseless reply. Something I come to expect from Vital members. Try following this logic. Tomac so much as admitted that Webb got in...
What rider hasn't been fired up over something that happened on the track, are all their psyche's "delicate flowers" as you say? Using your ever so...
What rider hasn't been fired up over something that happened on the track, are all their psyche's "delicate flowers" as you say? Using your ever so intelligent logic Roczen, Webb, Musquin, Barcia, Peick, Reed, Dungey, Villopoto, Carmichael, McGrath etc are all "delicate flowers". I mean they all got angry about something and did something about it at some point in their careers.
"What rider hasn't been fired up over something that happened on the track"....I don't know.

"are all their psyche's "delicate flowers" as you say?"....I don't believe so.

"Using your ever so intelligent logic Roczen, Webb, Musquin, Barcia, Peick, Reed, Dungey, Villopoto, Carmichael, McGrath etc are all "delicate flowers".".....Thank you...and, yes at one time or another most of them have had emotional lapses where their psyche could be described as a delicate flower. Roczen almost lost an arm in Webbs bike. Peick assaulted VF55. How about Poto punching J-Law with his front wheel? Remember Dung cracking under J-Laws taunts?.....ahhhh, the good memories! Hell, the King of SX in all likelyhood lost an outdoor championship for being "a flower!"....just sayin

"I mean they all got angry about something and did something about it at some point in their careers."......Is that why you think I referred to them as delicate flowers? Herein lies the problem. I refer to them this way when their emotions seem to be directly related to their results. When they're angry or emotionally upset, they make mistakes that they otherwise wouldn't, and perform poorly. When they're feeling good and their emotions are in a happy place, they perform to their full potential.

Oh yeah, and Bubba, the once FMOTP......a total "delicate flower!"
omalley
3/11/2018 12:38am
DPR250R wrote:
Funny... didnt Webb moan about Marvin pulling that shit on him?
mxjon454 wrote:
Ohh ya, ya he did. He bitched and complained about marv cross jumping him, but then he does the same shit. Pretty lame.
That wasn’t cross jumping geez...it’s dirt bike racing...he was fading to protect the line...Insee it every weekend at the local race. It’s a strategy... Dont believe...
That wasn’t cross jumping geez...it’s dirt bike racing...he was fading to protect the line...Insee it every weekend at the local race. It’s a strategy...

Dont believe me though...ask bob Hannah
Cutting over on someone who’s already committed to a jump isn’t “fading over,” it’s riding like a disrespectful douche. When I was racing, I tried to pass aggressive but clean. The one exception was shit like Webb was doing. Anyone that pulled that was guaranteed to go cartwheeling over the next available berm, and all I was racing for was pride and a cheap plastic trophy. Sometimes people need to have a dose of reality to keep them in check. I liked Tomac’s move.
tcallahan707
3/11/2018 12:39am
BobPA wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:
Try following this logic. There is a difference between Tomac asserting himself and it costing him the win, and being a "delicate flower" that allowed Webb to "get in his head" and it costing him the win. The move didn't go to plan, but that doesn't instantly mean it was the latter scenario. Not putting up with BS is the opposite of a "delicate flower". Now, if he got into a hissy fit with Webb in the main instead of blowing by him, I'd agree with you.
TXDirt
3/11/2018 12:41am
omalley wrote:
Cutting over on someone who’s already committed to a jump isn’t “fading over,” it’s riding like a disrespectful douche. When I was racing, I tried to...
Cutting over on someone who’s already committed to a jump isn’t “fading over,” it’s riding like a disrespectful douche. When I was racing, I tried to pass aggressive but clean. The one exception was shit like Webb was doing. Anyone that pulled that was guaranteed to go cartwheeling over the next available berm, and all I was racing for was pride and a cheap plastic trophy. Sometimes people need to have a dose of reality to keep them in check. I liked Tomac’s move.
Bingo!
tcallahan707
3/11/2018 12:46am
Motoxdoc wrote:
What rider hasn't been fired up over something that happened on the track, are all their psyche's "delicate flowers" as you say? Using your ever so...
Motoxdoc wrote:
"What rider hasn't been fired up over something that happened on the track"....[b]I don't know.[/b] "are all their psyche's "delicate flowers" as you say?"....[b]I don't believe...
"What rider hasn't been fired up over something that happened on the track"....I don't know.

"are all their psyche's "delicate flowers" as you say?"....I don't believe so.

"Using your ever so intelligent logic Roczen, Webb, Musquin, Barcia, Peick, Reed, Dungey, Villopoto, Carmichael, McGrath etc are all "delicate flowers".".....Thank you...and, yes at one time or another most of them have had emotional lapses where their psyche could be described as a delicate flower. Roczen almost lost an arm in Webbs bike. Peick assaulted VF55. How about Poto punching J-Law with his front wheel? Remember Dung cracking under J-Laws taunts?.....ahhhh, the good memories! Hell, the King of SX in all likelyhood lost an outdoor championship for being "a flower!"....just sayin

"I mean they all got angry about something and did something about it at some point in their careers."......Is that why you think I referred to them as delicate flowers? Herein lies the problem. I refer to them this way when their emotions seem to be directly related to their results. When they're angry or emotionally upset, they make mistakes that they otherwise wouldn't, and perform poorly. When they're feeling good and their emotions are in a happy place, they perform to their full potential.

Oh yeah, and Bubba, the once FMOTP......a total "delicate flower!"
So you are saying that the only way to not be a delicate flower is to not be human? Emotions are a part of life as well as performance in any situation.
shortcourse
3/11/2018 12:53am
No matter who you are the rider in front controls the line, aren't we all told not ride in the same line as the rider in front of you. When your in front of someone you not seeing the line they are taking behind you, how many times have we all heard that the guy behind has the advantage.
Motoxdoc
3/11/2018 1:30am
BobPA wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:
Try following this logic. There is a difference between Tomac asserting himself and it costing him the win, and being a "delicate flower" that allowed Webb...
Try following this logic. There is a difference between Tomac asserting himself and it costing him the win, and being a "delicate flower" that allowed Webb to "get in his head" and it costing him the win. The move didn't go to plan, but that doesn't instantly mean it was the latter scenario. Not putting up with BS is the opposite of a "delicate flower". Now, if he got into a hissy fit with Webb in the main instead of blowing by him, I'd agree with you.
True...but what DID, "instantly mean it was the latter scenario" was when Tomac admitted he was angry at Webb and that his take-out move was done on purpose. You think a rider is a delicate flower if he has an angry outburst. I think a rider is a delicate flower when his results are dictated by his mood or emotional state. Simple as that. Let's just agree to disagree
Motoxdoc
3/11/2018 1:40am
So you are saying that the only way to not be a delicate flower is to not be human? Emotions are a part of life as...
So you are saying that the only way to not be a delicate flower is to not be human? Emotions are a part of life as well as performance in any situation.
"So you are saying that the only way to not be a delicate flower is to not be human?" Nope. If you don't understand my opinion from everything explained above (granted, you may not have read all my above posts yet), you probably don't understand jazz or blues either. Some things just can't be explained to some people.

"Emotions are a part of life as well as performance in any situation." Common ground...that's what that sentence is right there!
tcallahan707
3/11/2018 1:56am
Motoxdoc wrote:
Try following this logic. There is a difference between Tomac asserting himself and it costing him the win, and being a "delicate flower" that allowed Webb...
Motoxdoc wrote:
True...but what DID, "instantly mean it was the latter scenario" was when Tomac admitted he was angry at Webb and that his take-out move was done...
True...but what DID, "instantly mean it was the latter scenario" was when Tomac admitted he was angry at Webb and that his take-out move was done on purpose. You think a rider is a delicate flower if he has an angry outburst. I think a rider is a delicate flower when his results are dictated by his mood or emotional state. Simple as that. Let's just agree to disagree
I actually agree that that all riders delicate flowers, by your definition. You proved that with your other post about all the greats that have had incidents, as well as when they find their flow. None are immune to their performance being affected by their emotions. None of us are. What I don't agree with is the implication that what Tomac did was specifically due to Tomac's psyche. It read as if you thought this was another tick mark proving that he is mentally weak or that he isn't emotionally intelligent. I disagree with that. I think he did what almost any rider would do in that situation and I applaud his assertiveness, even if it didn't go to plan. I don't think Webb got in his head. I think Webb just had it coming. It wasn't petty, it was justice. Sure, he could have let it go, but the fact that 99% of professional racers would have done the same thing makes this less about his emotions and him being a flower and more about that being part of the sport. It's no different than a hockey player fighting a guy due to a cheap shot. Sure, it's in his (and team's) best interest to not take an instigator penalty, but you also can't let others walk all over you. The short term "pain" of Tomac taking a 2nd tonight will likely be a long term gain because Webb will (hopefully) think twice about being a dipshit.

tcallahan707
3/11/2018 3:01am
No matter who you are the rider in front controls the line, aren't we all told not ride in the same line as the rider in...
No matter who you are the rider in front controls the line, aren't we all told not ride in the same line as the rider in front of you. When your in front of someone you not seeing the line they are taking behind you, how many times have we all heard that the guy behind has the advantage.
Technically yes, you are correct. But there are exceptions to the rule and cross jumping is one of them. It's no different than the uphill skier having the responsibility of watching out for others. That doesn't mean I can just bomb out of the trees at a 90 degree angle because the uphill skier is at fault should we connect. It's called etiquette. You just don't put others in a dangerous, unavoidable situation just because it technically isn't your fault.
make1go
3/11/2018 3:48am
Fact is you can only be a punk when youre young.

Im old, ive tried, it doesnt work.

You can be many things when you are older, being a punk isnt one of them,

so I have to give him a pass no matter whether i think hes doing good or doing bad..
downard254
3/11/2018 4:23am
Well, Webb was definitely doing a good job of blocking. That’s part of racing right. But what I really notice about Webb this season, he’s pretty damn good at pushing certain riders buttons. He gets some more speed, that will be bad for riders who can keep their composure.
ATKpilot99
3/11/2018 5:26am
I heard a radio segment some time ago where people called in with "dumb arguments" they had been involved in . The "delicate flower" one would rank up there with the best of them.

Post a reply to: Webb's a punk

The Latest