Webbs Success

Goofy Foot
2/17/2019 9:49am
They were saying that whenever Coop would get close enough, he would pull in the clutch and rev his engine to eff with Kenny. Psychological warfare...
They were saying that whenever Coop would get close enough, he would pull in the clutch and rev his engine to eff with Kenny. Psychological warfare baby, gotta love that kid!
Yes, I agree this is something Kroc is not used to....probably got in his head a bit. But most of Webb’s success can be attributed to getting off the blue bike....Cooper’s has everything else to win championships built in, but the blue 450 is not part of a winning supercross formula
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
2/17/2019 9:59am
Goofy Foot wrote:
Yes, I agree this is something Kroc is not used to....probably got in his head a bit. But most of Webb’s success can be attributed to...
Yes, I agree this is something Kroc is not used to....probably got in his head a bit. But most of Webb’s success can be attributed to getting off the blue bike....Cooper’s has everything else to win championships built in, but the blue 450 is not part of a winning supercross formula
"the blue 450 is not part of a winning supercross formula"

I agree it seems this way but really, why??

The 250 is the top bike in its' class and correct me if I'm wrong but it's the same size as the 450 right? Interchangeable? If that's correct and the only difference is the motor and what it does to the handling, why would people say it's a big pig when the 250 kills it? The bike should literally feel the same as the 250 but with more power.
2/17/2019 10:14am
What's a "dagg"? because its gone apparently. He said it 3 times in the interview "Dagg Gone".

Supercross translators, explain:
mooch
Fantasy
431st
2/17/2019 10:26am
Many corners where Webb is cutting way down to the inside and not losing any time..bike handling great. Seems all things coming together...Webb's confidence in training and bike is allowing him to take advantage of the skills he's already had.

The Shop

MotoMo165
2/17/2019 10:28am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 10:29am
Steve Matthes mentioned how coopers career is following Carmichael’s foot steps (if he were to be known as a great/legend in the sport) by underwhelming results his first 2 years in 450s and destroying it in his life’s days. Really cool that he brought this up because cooper is absolutely hauling ass right now and it is awesome to see.
I really Hope forkner makes it to the outdoors healthy, want to see him rip some nationals
BobPA
2/17/2019 10:28am
What's a "dagg"? because its gone apparently. He said it 3 times in the interview "Dagg Gone".

It’s a southern thing....
KDM711
2/17/2019 10:38am
block75 wrote:
Aldons ‘special’ supplements maybe haha, but I think Webb’s riding style suits the KTM, from what I’m told the frame has a little more flex than...
Aldons ‘special’ supplements maybe haha, but I think Webb’s riding style suits the KTM, from what I’m told the frame has a little more flex than the others and it seems to suit him
Aka Mindfx and Coop has been using it for the past couple Championships
2/17/2019 10:43am
Totally fitness and work ethic changes. Lots of guys go from top 10's to 4 wins and the red plate in 4 months.....
racerx317
2/17/2019 10:47am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 10:53am
Goofy Foot wrote:
Yes, I agree this is something Kroc is not used to....probably got in his head a bit. But most of Webb’s success can be attributed to...
Ramrod wrote:
"the blue 450 is not part of a winning supercross formula" I agree it seems this way but really, why?? The 250 is the top bike...
"the blue 450 is not part of a winning supercross formula"

I agree it seems this way but really, why??

The 250 is the top bike in its' class and correct me if I'm wrong but it's the same size as the 450 right? Interchangeable? If that's correct and the only difference is the motor and what it does to the handling, why would people say it's a big pig when the 250 kills it? The bike should literally feel the same as the 250 but with more power.
Angle & weigh of the motor distributes weight of the overall bike differently, rotating mass, etc... all effects the bike differently. They still don’t have it right. Bike is fine for the amateur riders, but at this level... it’s not near as good as the other manufacturers. The Zookie even appears to be better but I haven’t got confirmation on that yet from anyone. If you notice... not many privateers ride them for good reason. (7 out of 51 riders with 3 out of those 7 with Factory Support) The 250 is a different story. A lot of privateers on the YZ250.
Hcallz5
2/17/2019 10:49am
Physical conditioning
Confidence/ Mental conditioning
Proper equipment

All three of those play a role. It's hard to be confident when you're riding a bike that nobody has won on in 10 years.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
2/17/2019 10:54am
Anyone else glad to see old Webb back? He sure was fun to watch when he was in 250s.
captmoto
2/17/2019 10:59am

I think it's dagg gum.

It's God damn for southerners that don't swear. Same as gol durn.
racerx317
2/17/2019 11:00am
Anyone else glad to see old Webb back? He sure was fun to watch when he was in 250s.
My biggest problem was his bad attitude and crappy sportsmanship over the years. It seems Webb 2.0 has also matured in this area and Im Cautiously optimistic. This was the only thing keeping me from being a fan of anything other than his perfect Gary Bailey technique on the bike. I’m a Gary Bailey graduate myself so it always killed me that his attitude kept me for supporting him as a fan. Hope he stays humble and keeps up his respect for other riders going... he’ll gain a lot more respect from other riders and fans that way.
Bramlett321
2/17/2019 11:16am
racerx317 wrote:
Absolutely. I think the yz450 is a boat anchor / career killer. Other than Stewart, that could win on a tricycle.... the success has been extremely...
Absolutely. I think the yz450 is a boat anchor / career killer. Other than Stewart, that could win on a tricycle.... the success has been extremely sporadic on those bikes. Plesssinger would certainly put in faster times on his 250 than that thing. I’m not really sure what it is... but it still needs some work to get up to par with the other bikes at that level.
I agree with some of what you said about that bike and at their level but....95% of the world loves that bike it’s not the best SX machine like the other bikes. But to call it a boat anchor is is fukn ridiculous...have you even ridden one ??
Turbojez
2/17/2019 2:51pm
As unexpected as it is to me, Cooper is absolutely incredible this year, as long as his on the bike. As soon as he's off and talking to the microphone, I cringe. That one thing didn't change Grinning
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
2/17/2019 2:55pm
Gus wrote:
I don’t know how much Aldon is a trainer vs a shrink
He is the Bill Belichick of motocross.
PRM31
2/17/2019 2:59pm
Wonder if Eli is thinking KTM is the way to go?
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
2/17/2019 2:59pm
Finally a rider who doesn't want to play the dungy points game and goes for the win, he even has dungey in his corner.
I don't understand this "Dungey game" theory. Didn't Dungey win plenty during his championship seasons, except the final one?
cbuehler767
2/17/2019 3:19pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
Steve Matthes mentioned how coopers career is following Carmichael’s foot steps (if he were to be known as a great/legend in the sport) by underwhelming results...
Steve Matthes mentioned how coopers career is following Carmichael’s foot steps (if he were to be known as a great/legend in the sport) by underwhelming results his first 2 years in 450s and destroying it in his life’s days. Really cool that he brought this up because cooper is absolutely hauling ass right now and it is awesome to see.
I really Hope forkner makes it to the outdoors healthy, want to see him rip some nationals
RC never lost an outdoor title when he moved up. Really underwhelming. Cooper has gotten blown the hell off the track 2 straight outdoors seasons. He's doing great now please don't compare him to RC
Phantom 661
2/17/2019 3:38pm
There really is no Dungey points game. RD refused to get caught up in the heat of the moment and grenade himself out of a championship like so many have. Dunge won plenty and his podium record proves it. He retired happy, healthy and wealthy. He did it right. Lets see if Webb can keep himself up there. He's looking strong.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
2/17/2019 4:12pm
Finally a rider who doesn't want to play the dungy points game and goes for the win, he even has dungey in his corner.
RichieW13 wrote:
I don't understand this "Dungey game" theory. Didn't Dungey win plenty during his championship seasons, except the final one?
Yes, but someone said it once and now the vital followers have lapped it up.
agn5009
2/17/2019 4:34pm
150ripper wrote:
I was pretty shocked to hear he was at 159 pounds last year; I'm 5"11' and when I get up to 155 I feel like a...
I was pretty shocked to hear he was at 159 pounds last year; I'm 5"11' and when I get up to 155 I feel like a lard-ass.
Damn. Pip squeak.
Crush
2/17/2019 4:38pm
mooch wrote:
Many corners where Webb is cutting way down to the inside and not losing any time..bike handling great. Seems all things coming together...Webb's confidence in training...
Many corners where Webb is cutting way down to the inside and not losing any time..bike handling great. Seems all things coming together...Webb's confidence in training and bike is allowing him to take advantage of the skills he's already had.
He did that a lot on the 250 also. He had power to burn on that Yamaha and used it over Bowers all the time, he was racing a much shorter track. Now he seems like he can cut and run and it looks so similar.

Post a reply to: Webbs Success

The Latest