Webbs Success

Related:
Create New Tag

2/16/2019 8:38 PM

Is it KTM? Is it Aldon Baker? Is it a combination? He never looked this good or consistent on the Yamaha. Awesome race tonight regardless of who won.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

2/16/2019 8:40 PM

I don’t know how much Aldon is a trainer vs a shrink

|

2/16/2019 8:41 PM

captmoto wrote:

Is it KTM? Is it Aldon Baker? Is it a combination? He never looked this good or consistent on the Yamaha. Awesome race tonight regardless of who won.

Combination I would say. We already know Webb is a super talented rider from his 250 days he just needed someone to whip him into shape (Aldon). I have heard from Podcasts etc he prefers the smaller KTM.

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

2/16/2019 8:42 PM

Well we heard them talking and they said Webb has never been in as good of shape as he is right now.. pair that with a proven bike and this is the result..

|

I'm guessing Aldon and the 15 pounds he lost are a big part of it, plus the mental confidence off of getting off the Yamaha which he never seemed to gel with have both helped along with the confidence boost of his first win

|

Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2019 8:56 PM

KTM is the Mercedes of motocross. Stamp it.

(according to the Herlings article bros..)

|

2/16/2019 8:43 PM

Aldons ‘special’ supplements maybe haha, but I think Webb’s riding style suits the KTM, from what I’m told the frame has a little more flex than the others and it seems to suit him

|

Idk, but he's getting a knack for those final corners before the finish with Kenny. Awesome for Webb, clean racing and he took it by the skin of his teeth.

Damn fine racing tonight. Osbourne was also looking great until he went down.

|

A wise man once said nothing

Race of the race

|

I think Webb on any bike does this. He didn’t fit that Yamaha at all..

|

2/16/2019 8:44 PM

Race of the year

|

2/16/2019 8:44 PM

Alot is Aldon, they said Webb is 15 pounds lighter and yet stronger than last year. That is crazy as he never looked like he had an 15 to loose , maybe 5 but 15 is nuts. They said he only weighs 144 and look how he rides a 450.

|

2/16/2019 8:45 PM

captmoto wrote:

FUK WEBB. jk, just killing my fantasy picks. .....Im cool now.

Kudos to Webb for not giving an inch. thats the second time webb has get em at the end. Roczen is playing too safe.

But webb has always been like this and he's riding a good line being patient and aggressive much. I hate to say it cuz im rooting for Kroc, but i think he might win this title barring

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

2/16/2019 8:48 PM

I was pretty shocked to hear he was at 159 pounds last year; I'm 5"11' and when I get up to 155 I feel like a lard-ass.

|

2/16/2019 8:48 PM

Also Webb himself said tonight that Aldon would’ve been upset if he just finished on the podium. I’d say Aldon is an authoritarian trainer/shrink and he’s pretty good at what he does.

|

2/16/2019 8:53 PM

It’s the package that is key. Knowing you have the winning formula. The bike can win, the trainer knows his shit, and you (Webb) know you can win races. That combination is nearly unstoppable. The only way to shake that is to crash or start bobbling.

I think at the point Webb has everyone beat. He knows Kenny was giving it all right there. He knows that with a good start he would have checked out of that race. He knows that even if he doesn’t get the start he can win.

We are looking at the next RV, RD, RC, MC. If he can keep it together we may be in for some real dominance soon.

|

2/16/2019 8:53 PM

I'd say it's a combination,

I've said it before, Webb is the most impressive 250f champ since RV, it was up to him and having the right people with him to make it work on the 450, Aldon and KTM will help but it's up to him and he has the desire and talent to burn if Aldon and KTM were some magic voodoo Marvin would have won a few champs by now.

I don't like him especially in his younger days but it should not be a surprise given how good he was on the 250.

|

2/16/2019 8:54 PM

Johnny Lock wrote:

Also Webb himself said tonight that Aldon would’ve been upset if he just finished on the podium. I’d say Aldon is an authoritarian trainer/shrink and he’s pretty good at what he does.

Aldon is the nick saban of supercross/motocross ?

|

2/16/2019 8:54 PM

Ktm & Aldon , Webb probably wished he was on this team years ago

|

2/16/2019 8:55 PM

It's been a great season so far.

|

2/16/2019 8:55 PM

I think it's definitely a combination of both the KTM and Aldon but more than anything the fact that Cooper Webb is an extremely talented rider with a shit ton of will and want. Seems some people forget he was incredible on a 250 and even had some amazing showings on a 450 at MXdN and USGP's.

|

2/16/2019 8:57 PM

I think DeCoster is a kingmaker too. I think a lot of people probably gave up on Webb making it in the big bike class.

|

2/16/2019 8:57 PM

For all those saying Aldon only had champs hire him, might have to give him some credit. Plus Aldon probably offers Webb a little bonus every time he nips Kenny at the end, you know just a little pay back for Kenny bad mouthing him after their split

|

2/16/2019 8:59 PM

cody331 wrote:

I'm guessing Aldon and the 15 pounds he lost are a big part of it, plus the mental confidence off of getting off the Yamaha which he never seemed to gel with have both helped along with the confidence boost of his first win

only weighs 143, that just seems nuts to me to be so light and be able to hold onto one of those bikes riding them like that.

|

2/16/2019 9:01 PM

Finally a rider who doesn't want to play the dungy points game and goes for the win, he even has dungey in his corner.

|

2/16/2019 9:05 PM

ShipLap wrote:

KTM is the Mercedes of motocross. Stamp it.

(according to the Herlings article bros..)

Dungey = Hamilton

|

2/16/2019 9:05 PM

Cooper Webb gets 100% of the credit, he is the person controlling the throttle.

|

2/16/2019 9:06 PM

Combo of the two for sure... I’m 90% sure Alden couldn’t get anyone to ride a Yamaha 450 to a championship until they get that bike right.

|

#performanceedgeracing @tmracingusa @ride.prl @powerbandracing @vertexpistons @LS2helmetsus @hotrodsproducts @pivotworks @fmf73 @kendatire @mikametals @dt1filtersusa @sidimotousa @motoseat @dubyausa @xbrandgoggles @thormxofficial @g2ergonomics @tamer_holeshot_hookup @riskracingmoto @acerbisusa @nihiloconcepts @matrixconcepts @suzukiyamahaofdaltonga @mobiusbraces @sandboxkings @terry_varnermotorsports

2/16/2019 9:11 PM

speed_racer wrote:

Cooper Webb gets 100% of the credit, he is the person controlling the throttle.

Yep. He needs to give himself some credit. He's the one on the bike. Like when he was on 250s. He just has his confidence back. No matter what caused it, dude is riding like the Cooper of old.

That was a great race. I know because I'm still awake.

|

2/16/2019 9:12 PM

Top KTM, like I said in November

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It