Webb wins Reno Endurocross, Alta makes History

Related:
Create New Tag

9/23/2018 5:40 AM

"FMF KTM’s Cody Webb rebounded from a disappointing round two to win the Reno EnduroCross. Rockstar Husqvarna’s Colton Haaker, Webb’s primary championship rival, finished second to keep the championship points lead by a single point.

Ty Tremaine rounded out the podium on the Alta Redshift electric bike to earn the first-ever AMA professional podium for an electric powered motorcycle."

https://enduro21.com/index.php/endurocross/3585-webb-wins-reno-endurocross-alta-make-history

|

9/23/2018 5:58 AM

Ready or not, the future is now.

|

9/23/2018 9:39 AM

It was awesome to watch Webb pick that track apart, the line he was doing through the matrix was beyond comprehension, and he did it lap after lap absolutely perfectly, THROUGH TRAFFIC! Ty and Alta also won the bracket races, which was pretty cool, and I was super happy for them getting their first podium. He looks absolutely dialed on that bike and their team looks second to none in the pits, so it was well deserved with all the efforts they’ve put in.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

9/23/2018 9:56 AM

It was another good show. I've been to 3 Endurocross' so far and have enjoyed all 3. This track and some of the obstacles sections were definitely more challenging than last year. Adding to JM485 about Webb, I hope we eventually see video of him going through the matrix. Lap after lap, he was absolutely perfect. Tremaine's Alta looked especially good through the Rock sections. Super smooth, hooked up, and fast. It was cool to hear the local crowd cheer him on. They were loud!

The Amateur's put on a great show too. It was a tough track and they battled. Vital member JM485 made the Amateur A main which is a great accomplishment in itself. He rode a great race and then went on to his 2nd class and took the top step on the podium on his trials bike. Good job Josh!

|

9/23/2018 10:15 AM

When ya ride and auotmatic kids toy l'm not surprised. Get back to me when Alta makes a real bike that you have to shift.

I give no fucks at all about Alta until they turn it into a real motorcycle.

|

9/23/2018 10:23 AM

dimetime wrote:

When ya ride and auotmatic kids toy l'm not surprised. Get back to me when Alta makes a real bike that you have to shift.

I ...more

So you are fine with electric as long as they add weight and compromise performance by adding a transmission?

|

9/23/2018 10:49 AM

dimetime wrote:

I ...more

complete dumbass troll, very weak...go back to the sandpit play area...
so now the imbecile has been sorted..
the
altar looks very promising
i believe i can see the advantage popping around corners and over things

|

9/23/2018 10:55 AM

dimetime wrote:

I ...more

They'll get there, the Alta goes against everything a die hard moto guy loves but it is the future I believe. There are guys fighting the two stroke cause still and the four stroke is still a gas powered motor. The electric bike will be our ace in the hole when dealing with the tree hugger legislation. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

|

9/23/2018 11:22 AM

I watched a few laps of Formula E once.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

9/23/2018 11:38 AM

How does electric bikes go against everything a moto fan loves? Good, close, exciting racing. Bar to bar fighting to win, to be champion. Amazing rides and incredible passing.

If the only reason you're a moto fan is the sounds or having shifters, I dont know what to say but I feel kinda sorry for you

|

9/23/2018 11:47 AM

dimetime wrote:

I ...more

Don’t be scared when one goes silently by you and make sure you stay out of the roost wouldn’t want you to get hurt?. Cupcake ?

|

9/23/2018 11:50 AM

Ray_MXS wrote:

How does electric bikes go against everything a moto fan loves? Good, close, exciting racing. Bar to bar fighting to win, to ...more

You pointed out the exciting things of racing that can likely still be achieved with an electric bike, it's just most other aspects of riding / racing that will no longer be a factor that some people are disappointed to see go away. Racing and riding lost a little bit with me with the shift to advanced 4 strokes. Feeling like it'll lose even more with these electric bikes. But it's just my opinion.

|

9/23/2018 11:51 AM

dimetime wrote:

I ...more

Fog 25 wrote:

Don’t be scared when one goes silently by you and make sure you stay out of the roost wouldn’t want you to get hurt?. Cupcake ...more

SO Roger D could come back and win A1 if he was on an Alta? LOL

Thats like comparing a fast kid on a 60 blowing past a dude on a 450.

|

9/23/2018 11:59 AM

Ray_MXS wrote:

How does electric bikes go against everything a moto fan loves? Good, close, exciting racing. Bar to bar fighting to win, to ...more

mxpro252 wrote:

You pointed out the exciting things of racing that can likely still be achieved with an electric bike, it's just most other ...more

Sure I love the smell of two strokes or the roar of a full gate start as much as the next guy, but it's hardly close to beeing everything I love as a moto fan, as some people here suggested. The only difference with electric bikes will the shifting but do you really think the technique of changing gear is what's separating the riders? Hardly.

The results would look exactly the same with electric bikes as they do today

|

9/23/2018 4:02 PM

Man at a first glance I really thought this thread was going to be about cooper Webb lining up at an Endurocross and winning. Totally forgot about Cody Webb and how good he is LOL

|

9/23/2018 4:22 PM

dimetime wrote:

I ...more

RacerX8 wrote:

They'll get there, the Alta goes against everything a die hard moto guy loves but it is the future I believe. There are guys ...more

Electric bikes won't make any difference. The people against regular motorcycles don't like mountain bike riders either. The focus will shift to dust and that will shut it all down. The EPA has already started moving in that direction. Do you notice the "if you see dust coming from this construction site please cal 1 800 XXX XXXX" signs.

|

9/23/2018 4:25 PM

Just think about the needling that can be done when everyone is on an electric and no sound, "your sag is off bro", "Hey Tomac, you got five spokes missing on your rear", Hey Webb, has she cheated on you yet?". Oh wait, Tomac wears ear plugs.

|

9/23/2018 4:33 PM

Pretty cool that Alta got their first pro podium. I might even buy one if they can ever get it to run 3.5 hours on a charge...

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

9/23/2018 5:03 PM

dimetime wrote:

I ...more

Get back in ya fucking cave laughing

|

9/23/2018 5:12 PM

dimetime wrote:

I ...more

R.EX wrote:

So you are fine with electric as long as they add weight and compromise performance by adding a transmission?

If by add weight you mean, cutting weight by adding hollowed moving components instead of solid mass technolgy and making the bike slower by have unlimited potential in the hands of hands of a pro all while add8ng more control as well as a learning curve to seperate the talent, so if that is what you meant by making the bike slower and adding weight then, YES!!!!

|

9/23/2018 5:13 PM

dimetime wrote:

I ...more

R.EX wrote:

Js217 wrote:

If by add weight you mean, cutting weight by adding hollowed moving components instead of solid mass technolgy and making the ...more

WTF did I just read?

|

9/23/2018 8:37 PM

dimetime wrote:

I ...more

RacerX8 wrote:

They'll get there, the Alta goes against everything a die hard moto guy loves but it is the future I believe. There are guys ...more

BAMX wrote:

Electric bikes won't make any difference. The people against regular motorcycles don't like mountain bike riders either. The ...more

Thats what everyone bitched about before 4 strokes. All that did was give them 2 things to bitch about, including neighboring homeowners.

4 strokes are annoying as F. It got really bad when quads went 4 stroke. 4 times the dust and the aggravating racket.

|

9/23/2018 10:00 PM

R.EX wrote:

Js217 wrote:

If by add weight you mean, cutting weight by adding hollowed moving components instead of solid mass technolgy and making the ...more

Johnny Depp wrote:

WTF did I just read?

A run-on sentence???

|

9/24/2018 5:12 AM

Some people complained about water cooling, Power Valves, Disc Brakes when they hit production bikes.

This proves that E Bikes are competitive in a Pro races!

Hope they are legal in Supercross too!

|

9/24/2018 10:52 AM

For those of us that are in Endurocross it's not at all surprising to see Tremaine get on the box. He is a top rider who has finished 3rd in the series a few times and has multiple podiums to his credit. He's just too good to keep off the podium no matter his ride! Alta is extremely lucky to have him!

It's great Alta is in the sport and sponsoring a top rider. More manufacturers doing that the better! Plus it brings that much more exposure to the sport.

As for the rest of the race, Cody's line in the matrix was awesome! Cody is just plain better in Matix's than anyone else.
Bummed Trystan Hart got hurt and will miss the rest of the series! He's a super nice kid and hard worker who has been pushing Cody and Colton.

Track was really fast and jumpy. Fortunately they had a decently hard Matrix and rock section to keep it EX

|

9/24/2018 12:00 PM

Still waiting for round 2 to be posted so I can watch that. Love me some Endurocross.

|

9/24/2018 1:37 PM

Tits Legendary wrote:

Still waiting for round 2 to be posted so I can watch that. Love me some Endurocross.

Havent seen anything from 2, but Craig Thompson (team SRT owner) Facebook lived round 3, search his name on fb and it should come up. It’s not the best but it’s all we got haha he posted all the hot laps too

|

9/24/2018 3:21 PM

dimetime wrote:

I ...more

Fog 25 wrote:

Don’t be scared when one goes silently by you and make sure you stay out of the roost wouldn’t want you to get hurt?. Cupcake ...more

Moto96 wrote:

SO Roger D could come back and win A1 if he was on an Alta? LOL

Thats like comparing a fast kid on a 60 blowing past a dude ...more

If Roger D (or anybody else) race an Alta he would finish right around the same spot he would on a Gas bike.?

I was just looking out for dimetime with the roost comment for his safety.? He might not be able to see it coming with the tears in his eyes. ???

|

9/24/2018 3:24 PM

dimetime wrote:

I ...more

Don't even get me started on cars with power steering, if you can't hand crank start your car you shouldn't drive it!

|

9/24/2018 8:54 PM

dimetime wrote:

I ...more

But are you a real rider?

|