Webb vs Marvin

Related:
Create New Tag

3/30/2019 5:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2019 5:46 PM

Not only has this season been one for the ages but how badasssss is 2 teammates bangin bars? Not only 2 teammates but KTM teammates. Roger is NOT gonna be happy with this but oh well. Badass race!!

|

3/30/2019 5:40 PM

Saw this coming all season hah it’s going to get worse I believe

|

3/30/2019 5:41 PM

I love this !

|

3/30/2019 5:42 PM

Why do you guys start new threads for stuff going on in the race that is literally running right now?

Be kind. Save that shit for the race thread.

|

3/30/2019 5:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2019 5:48 PM

Honest question. Why do people click on threads that they dont want to read? Why would you come to vital mid race if your not looking for a thread about stuff going on... mid race? Its gonna be started after anyways and the ppl who wanna talk about it now... talk about it now, the ppl who wanna talk about it after... its here... and the ppl who dont wanna talk mid race (you)... dont click the thread... magic.

|

3/30/2019 5:46 PM

Webb has that grit to wanna win everything that James and Chad are talking about.

|

3/30/2019 5:55 PM

Marvin slammed him in like the third corner..he got what was coming!!

|

3/30/2019 5:58 PM

brapgod69 wrote:

Slammed? LOL

|

3/30/2019 6:00 PM

webb is in marvins kitchen right now. he has the killer instinct that has been missing from the series for awhile

|

3/30/2019 6:02 PM

Hopefully Marv lays him out in the next one. It’s good racing, right guys?

|

3/30/2019 6:02 PM

Wowwwww Eli just rolls the finish? What an idiot.....

|

3/30/2019 6:04 PM

drt410 wrote:

if you watch it again it looks like he hit neutral, he knew marv was there no way he would intentionally roll it

|

3/30/2019 6:05 PM

tcallahan707 wrote:

Slammed? LOL

He ran it the fuck in, in traffic, in like the third corner. He got what was coming.

|

3/30/2019 6:07 PM

brapgod69 wrote:

I rewound the race. Didn't see anything like that.
3 wide in a corner on a congested first lap. IF he touched him it seemed incidental. Then Webb directed contact to MM maybe 5 times, until he ran him off the track. (I don't think Webb was dirty or violating race rules), but didn't see anything provoking to the level of that much contact within teammates. Unless I missed something???

However 1986 SX, RJ vs DB was some of the most exciting racing in SX history.

|

3/30/2019 6:08 PM

drt410 wrote:

soggy wrote:

if you watch it again it looks like he hit neutral, he knew marv was there no way he would intentionally roll it

ET surprised me, but that could have been the reason

|

3/30/2019 6:11 PM

Wtf ferrandis

|

3/30/2019 6:13 PM

Squirrelings wrote:

Wtf ferrandis

Wrong thread.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/30/2019 6:56 PM

BikerScars wrote:

I rewound the race. Didn't see anything like that.
3 wide in a corner on a congested first lap. IF he touched him it seemed incidental. Then Webb directed contact to MM maybe 5 times, until he ran him off the track. (I don't think Webb was dirty or violating race rules), but didn't see anything provoking to the level of that much contact within teammates. Unless I missed something???

However 1986 SX, RJ vs DB was some of the most exciting racing in SX history.

Teammates? Bahahahahahaha

|

3/31/2019 1:00 AM

brapgod69 wrote:

tcallahan707 wrote:

Slammed? LOL

brapgod69 wrote:

He ran it the fuck in, in traffic, in like the third corner. He got what was coming.

Watched it again. I don't see it man. He doubled into the second corner, which was the rhythm, and made an intentional pass on Cooper. I didn't see contact and Webb still had the outside line available. Slammed is not the term I would use here. That was 100% racing and honestly, I was shocked that Webb got provoked by something so minimal at the start of a race.

Webb Then drove it in on Marv in the third corner while Marv was along side Eli. I don't have a problem with this move really, but it was certainly the instigator in Marv's head. Both the 3 and the 25 were tripped up.

Marv then drives it deep on the fourth corner and makes an even stronger pass which meant game on. I guess if that's what you are talking about, sure, maybe you can say slammed but even that may be a bit strong for the pass that was made.

Honestly, I didn't have a problem with any of the moves until Cooper takes Marvin out and almost himself. It may have worked but it was idiotic in my opinion for many reasons.

|

3/31/2019 3:41 AM

If you have a problem with what Marv did to initiate the whole back and fro I don't know how you can say you wouldn't do the same...

I do know after that the hits were a bit lopsided and Marv needs to grow a pair and hit back.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/31/2019 4:49 AM

If I'm marv I go out of my way to punt him into the cheap seats at the next race.

|

3/31/2019 5:05 AM

What I saw was two guys racing for the championship title. Marv was hauling ass all night, proably the most entertaining ride of his season. Webb wants the #1 plate and its obvious, there is no crusing to the win here.

|

3/31/2019 6:12 AM

Crush wrote:

If you have a problem with what Marv did to initiate the whole back and fro I don't know how you can say you wouldn't do the same...

I do know after that the hits were a bit lopsided and Marv needs to grow a pair and hit back.

If only it was possible for MM to man up and give him a bump, could also make the championship a bit more exciting.

To me it was silly for Webb to start something when the big picture is staring him in the face

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

3/31/2019 6:38 AM

tcallahan707 wrote:

Watched it again. I don't see it man. He doubled into the second corner, which was the rhythm, and made an intentional pass on Cooper. I didn't see contact and Webb still had the outside line available. Slammed is not the term I would use here. That was 100% racing and honestly, I was shocked that Webb got provoked by something so minimal at the start of a race.

Webb Then drove it in on Marv in the third corner while Marv was along side Eli. I don't have a problem with this move really, but it was certainly the instigator in Marv's head. Both the 3 and the 25 were tripped up.

Marv then drives it deep on the fourth corner and makes an even stronger pass which meant game on. I guess if that's what you are talking about, sure, maybe you can say slammed but even that may be a bit strong for the pass that was made.

Honestly, I didn't have a problem with any of the moves until Cooper takes Marvin out and almost himself. It may have worked but it was idiotic in my opinion for many reasons.

Went back and watched it again. I think the 4-5 beers was impairing my judgement a little lol. You’re right, the initial pass didn’t look that bad from Marv. The last few races will be interesting to say the least.

|

3/31/2019 6:52 AM

I think all those years being teammates with Dungey made Marvin almost “too nice” on the track. I hope he gets that out of his system and takes it hard to Webb these next few races. Webb might still win, but he’ll have to do it by coming back through the pack after Marvin punts him off the track each time!

|

3/31/2019 6:57 AM

drt410 wrote:

Honest question. Why do people click on threads that they dont want to read? Why would you come to vital mid race if your not looking for a thread about stuff going on... mid race? Its gonna be started after anyways and the ppl who wanna talk about it now... talk about it now, the ppl who wanna talk about it after... its here... and the ppl who dont wanna talk mid race (you)... dont click the thread... magic.

Because that’s what little liberal bitches like wombat do. T

|

3/31/2019 7:02 AM

I like Webb but sometimes, he crosses the lines too much imo.

|

3/31/2019 7:04 AM

Squirrelings wrote:

Wtf ferrandis

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Wrong thread.

Believe it or not, I was sober. Think this was supposed to be in the race thread.

|

3/31/2019 7:23 AM

Marv took the cheap shot he had coming with a smile! Time will tell if Webb will do the same. Game on boys....???

|

3/31/2019 7:42 AM

Remember what Marv did to Tomac? Hes no innocent bystander victim. That being said all this mr niceguy shit the last few years is for the birds. RV was the last multi time champ with an attitude. It was fine when Dungey wanted to be nice to everyone and podium his way to championships, that was him, but when everyone started copying him then it got lame with a whole group of people doing that. F all that this is supercross... Lets see some rivalries, drama, battles, rubbin is racing. People mostly agree the 80s were the golden era.. well thats when Honda had a whole team of top guys who would all take eachothers heads off to win.

|