Webb vs Herlings

cali11
9/4/2016 10:34am
RG1 wrote:
GP was pretty average to be fair, the track was definitely not the best. I'm looking forward to next week when we get to see a...
GP was pretty average to be fair, the track was definitely not the best. I'm looking forward to next week when we get to see a proper track. As for the results, I'm not really surprised with what happened. The American guys were always going to be fired up to try and win, and Herlings the same, as it turned out, they took one each and I'm sure both Webb and Herlings will be happy with how it went.
Not to be a Dick! But how could Herlings be happy with how it went? Has he ever been ran down from last to be beat? Does anyone really think Webb gave it his all in the first Moto?
PressPassP
9/4/2016 10:37am
51xc wrote:
who ever thinks herlings is 100% 5 weeks after a broken collarbone is a moron. I don't care who is faster but this race sure wasn't...
who ever thinks herlings is 100% 5 weeks after a broken collarbone is a moron. I don't care who is faster but this race sure wasn't the one to judge by.
It was a fair race, let it go and admit that Herlings lost. Herlings was up to speed. Had Forkner not crashed, Herling may well have...
It was a fair race, let it go and admit that Herlings lost. Herlings was up to speed. Had Forkner not crashed, Herling may well have went 3-3 on the day. He definitely capitalized on Forkner's mistake, and is probably breathing a sigh of relief that Webb is moving up to the 450 for the next GP.
He wasn't convincing at Assen even if it was his first week back,Webb was superb but Herlings wasn't the absolute animal he was around Kegums tine this year

These two will be in the 450 class next Year,cant waitCool

Prntscrn
9/4/2016 10:38am
cali11 wrote:
Not to be a Dick! But how could Herlings be happy with how it went? Has he ever been ran down from last to be beat...
Not to be a Dick! But how could Herlings be happy with how it went? Has he ever been ran down from last to be beat? Does anyone really think Webb gave it his all in the first Moto?
Lol why wouldn't Webb give his all in the first moto? Sure I doubt he would have gone for the takeout for a pass but he for sure came to race in the first moto
RG1
9/4/2016 10:38am
RG1 wrote:
GP was pretty average to be fair, the track was definitely not the best. I'm looking forward to next week when we get to see a...
GP was pretty average to be fair, the track was definitely not the best. I'm looking forward to next week when we get to see a proper track. As for the results, I'm not really surprised with what happened. The American guys were always going to be fired up to try and win, and Herlings the same, as it turned out, they took one each and I'm sure both Webb and Herlings will be happy with how it went.
cali11 wrote:
Not to be a Dick! But how could Herlings be happy with how it went? Has he ever been ran down from last to be beat...
Well he won the world title! How could he not be happy with that? I'm sure he's happy with the race he won too. Why would Webb give his all in one race and not the other? That's a stupid comment, I could just as easily say that Herlings didn't give it his all in the second moto

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2231st
9/4/2016 10:42am
RG1 wrote:
Track was just as good or better than Switzerland and you all lost your shit over that gp. Mx2 moto 2 in Charlotte was a more dramatic race than mx1 moto2 in Switzerland.

Both Herlings and Webb knew that this was the 1 race they will ever meet each other on 250s. There was no championship on the line only pride which is the only reason Cooper was even racing. Cooper rose to the occasion in the showdown.
9/4/2016 10:43am
Why don't we all just agree both are great talents on a dirt bike. On any given day, depending on conditions, both are a threat to win.
RG1
9/4/2016 10:51am
early wrote:
Track was just as good or better than Switzerland and you all lost your shit over that gp. Mx2 moto 2 in Charlotte was a more...
Track was just as good or better than Switzerland and you all lost your shit over that gp. Mx2 moto 2 in Charlotte was a more dramatic race than mx1 moto2 in Switzerland.

Both Herlings and Webb knew that this was the 1 race they will ever meet each other on 250s. There was no championship on the line only pride which is the only reason Cooper was even racing. Cooper rose to the occasion in the showdown.
Well I guess the track is down to a matter of opinion, I personally thought it wasn't that great. I will say they did an amazing job with it after the weather they had on Thursday/Friday.

There was a title on the line, let's be fair, it was very much in Herlings favour, but if he had made a huge mistake and crashed out, Seewer is more than capable of getting enough points to win over 2 rounds, so it wasn't a done deal. Webb definitely rose to the occasion in race 2, Herlings rose to the occasion and won race 1 even though he only needed to beat Seewer to win the championship.
9/4/2016 11:27am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2016 11:28am
cali11 wrote:
webb was 7 th , dont make it a fairy tail ... they both won a moto

for me the mental winner was Forkner ..
cool_hand
9/4/2016 11:41am
Webb has an amazing ability to come from behind and make it happen,..he is super aggressive and hates to loose.

In Moto 1, I think getting around Forkner and then getting passed by Herlings, just took the wind out of his sails.

Forkner is something else,..I have never seen a straight up rookie, in my lifetime, do what he is doing.
9/4/2016 11:42am
Why don't we all just agree both are great talents on a dirt bike. On any given day, depending on conditions, both are a threat to...
Why don't we all just agree both are great talents on a dirt bike. On any given day, depending on conditions, both are a threat to win.
+1

All three had equal speed, all three were both moto's within a few seconds of each other. The one who was unexpected was Forkner.
YamahaJT1
9/4/2016 11:54am
RG1 wrote:
Well I guess the track is down to a matter of opinion, I personally thought it wasn't that great. I will say they did an amazing...
Well I guess the track is down to a matter of opinion, I personally thought it wasn't that great. I will say they did an amazing job with it after the weather they had on Thursday/Friday.

There was a title on the line, let's be fair, it was very much in Herlings favour, but if he had made a huge mistake and crashed out, Seewer is more than capable of getting enough points to win over 2 rounds, so it wasn't a done deal. Webb definitely rose to the occasion in race 2, Herlings rose to the occasion and won race 1 even though he only needed to beat Seewer to win the championship.
I was there. The track met FIM standards.

There were three trophies in MX2...

1st Place
2nd Place
3rd Place

The order of overall finish chronicles the event. It is history. No more, no less.

Webb won. His trophy declared 1st place.

Herlings didn't win. His trophy declared 2nd place.

Until they meet again, Webb holds sway over Herlings.

No arguing who won.
DonM
9/4/2016 11:57am
cali11 wrote:

Ummmm......no I was there he was 3rd from last going over the jumps into turn two watching him cut through the pack on a track that was very difficult to pass on was very impressive...he was going through the turn 3 sweeper so much faster than anyone else....so much so that Febvre who standing next to me watching it said who impressed he was...by the way he was very nice and approachable and very complimentary towards Webb and Forkner
RG1
9/4/2016 11:59am
YamahaJT1 wrote:
I was there. The track met FIM standards. There were three trophies in MX2... 1st Place 2nd Place 3rd Place The order of overall finish chronicles...
I was there. The track met FIM standards.

There were three trophies in MX2...

1st Place
2nd Place
3rd Place

The order of overall finish chronicles the event. It is history. No more, no less.

Webb won. His trophy declared 1st place.

Herlings didn't win. His trophy declared 2nd place.

Until they meet again, Webb holds sway over Herlings.

No arguing who won.
That's the best you can say about it? It met FIM standards Grinning

This is all true. We're lucky that they meet again in less than a month. I will be there for that one. Can't wait
9/4/2016 12:01pm
DonM wrote:
Ummmm......no I was there he was 3rd from last going over the jumps into turn two watching him cut through the pack on a track that...
Ummmm......no I was there he was 3rd from last going over the jumps into turn two watching him cut through the pack on a track that was very difficult to pass on was very impressive...he was going through the turn 3 sweeper so much faster than anyone else....so much so that Febvre who standing next to me watching it said who impressed he was...by the way he was very nice and approachable and very complimentary towards Webb and Forkner
http://results.mxgp.com/mxgp/standings.aspx

he was 7th or did he pass 15 guys before first round ??
DonM
9/4/2016 12:10pm
DonM wrote:
Ummmm......no I was there he was 3rd from last going over the jumps into turn two watching him cut through the pack on a track that...
http://results.mxgp.com/mxgp/standings.aspx

he was 7th or did he pass 15 guys before first round ??
He must of because he was 3rd from last....but you would know because you were there right?....Like I said it was impressive.
machine
9/4/2016 12:11pm
RG1 wrote:
Just shut your trap dude you sound like a complete idiot. I was waiting for the usual British brigade to pull the "proper track" card out. Let me know when the UK finally gets a "proper rider" cuz both of yours failed pretty miserably when they came here.
9/4/2016 12:13pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2016 12:14pm
DonM wrote:
He must of because he was 3rd from last....but you would know because you were there right?....Like I said it was impressive.
oh stats lie because you were there ?? logic .... i am with you

does it matter ? Webb was just the fastest out there in moto 2 , he had some great lines and was fastest and won
YamahaJT1
9/4/2016 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2016 12:23pm
RG1 wrote:
That's the best you can say about it? It met FIM standards :lol: This is all true. We're lucky that they meet again in less than...
That's the best you can say about it? It met FIM standards Grinning

This is all true. We're lucky that they meet again in less than a month. I will be there for that one. Can't wait
Yeah, FIM "Standards"... SUCK.

I am in total dismay about U.S.A. tracks as well. Cripes, High Point looks like Budds Creek nowadays. Cut the trees down, for alleged "Better Viewing, etc." Unadilla is a mere shell of what was.

There was nothing better than seeing Ward/Hanna/Brownie/Magoo/Bailey, etc. dive into a tree covered abyss dicing with an opponent and see who came out ahead when they emerged into daylight.

The need for 360° viewing is appalling.

RG1
9/4/2016 12:22pm
machine wrote:
Just shut your trap dude you sound like a complete idiot. I was waiting for the usual British brigade to pull the "proper track" card out...
Just shut your trap dude you sound like a complete idiot. I was waiting for the usual British brigade to pull the "proper track" card out. Let me know when the UK finally gets a "proper rider" cuz both of yours failed pretty miserably when they came here.
Grinning Chill out! Look for a track built on a flat Dirt oval it wasn't that bad. Nowhere near as bad as Qatar or Mexico, but was it anywhere near the level of Glen Helen or somewhere like that. No way
DonM
9/4/2016 12:26pm
DonM wrote:
oh stats lie because you were there ?? logic .... i am with you does it matter ? Webb was just the fastest out there in...
oh stats lie because you were there ?? logic .... i am with you

does it matter ? Webb was just the fastest out there in moto 2 , he had some great lines and was fastest and won
Who said stats lie? you need to re-watch the broadcast because both Malin and Reed mentioned how far back he came from...and while you are at it you will notice he was last going into the first turn on the inside...and also you may want to take note who was standing on the top step...why do you have to be such a tool....kiddo...
RG1
9/4/2016 12:29pm
YamahaJT1 wrote:
Yeah, FIM "Standards"... SUCK. I am in total dismay about U.S.A. tracks as well. Cripes, High Point looks like Budds Creek nowadays. Cut the trees down...
Yeah, FIM "Standards"... SUCK.

I am in total dismay about U.S.A. tracks as well. Cripes, High Point looks like Budds Creek nowadays. Cut the trees down, for alleged "Better Viewing, etc." Unadilla is a mere shell of what was.

There was nothing better than seeing Ward/Hanna/Brownie/Magoo/Bailey, etc. dive into a tree covered abyss dicing with an opponent and see who came out ahead when they emerged into daylight.

The need for 360° viewing is appalling.

Completely agree. I'm not old enough to remember those days, but I spent this weekend at Farleigh Castle watching the vets MXdN with Dowd, Dubach, Emig, Nicoll etc. There are only 2 jumps on the entire track and no matter where you stand to watch there is at least a minute where you can't see the riders, but the track is so awesome and the racing is incredible
Lucifa.
9/4/2016 1:03pm
Well that was pretty much an indication on both men this past weekend. One win each with straight up racing. So I don't think anyone can say Hearlings is faster than Webb or vice verser.

It's a pity is wasn't at Glen Helen or another more challenging track, but hey it was what it was.
YamahaJT1
9/4/2016 1:04pm

To offer a quotation that that you put forth to me in another thread... I even offered to buy you a beer if you came to Charlotte... Recall?

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Webb's trophy clearly STATES 1st place.

Herling's trophy clearly states 2nd place.

It IS in the record books. Over and DONE. No debating the FACT.

Come to America and help me wax my new Taco. I'll still be "OK" with that...

gsxr6
9/4/2016 1:23pm
If I was herlings I'd be practicing on the 450 all week . Glen Helen may not be neutral, but it's an opportunity for herlings to try Webb again. On big boy bikes........
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
9/4/2016 1:23pm
cali11 wrote:

Webb was way further back than 7th off the start.
gsxr6
9/4/2016 1:26pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2016 1:27pm
To be fair, tomac gasjer and Webb all have more 450 experience, so Jeffrey probably be a 5 to 10 in the premier class.
gsxr6
9/4/2016 1:30pm
For now, Webb stole away one of those overalls that Jeffrey seeks to be the all time leader in. They will race at some point on 450s, if it was me I'd want to do it sooner not later.
jamma10
9/4/2016 1:31pm
cali11 wrote:

seth505 wrote:
Webb was way further back than 7th off the start.
In the picture below Webb is the rider at the back, closest to the inside.

cali11
9/4/2016 1:33pm

YamahaJT1 wrote:
To offer a quotation that that you put forth to me in another thread... I even offered to buy you a beer if you came to...
To offer a quotation that that you put forth to me in another thread... I even offered to buy you a beer if you came to Charlotte... Recall?

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Webb's trophy clearly STATES 1st place.

Herling's trophy clearly states 2nd place.

It IS in the record books. Over and DONE. No debating the FACT.

Come to America and help me wax my new Taco. I'll still be "OK" with that...

Post a video of you waxing your taco! I'm sure the boys would love too see that! LaughingLaughingLaughing

Post a reply to: Webb vs Herlings

The Latest