Webb vs Herlings

FlaNard
8/22/2016 2:40pm
Jeffrey already beat Coop :laugh: :laugh: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/08/18/147612/s1200_Screenshot_2016_08_18_22_29_33_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/08/18/147613/s1200_Screenshot_2016_08_18_22_29_48_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/08/18/147614/s1200_Screenshot_2016_08_18_22_30_01_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/08/18/147615/s1200_Screenshot_2016_08_18_22_30_24_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/08/18/147616/s1200_Screenshot_2016_08_18_22_30_13_1.jpg[/img]
Jeffrey already beat Coop LaughingLaughing

The face above the boobs in that top picture looks very confused.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
9/3/2016 6:05pm
Zracer wrote:
Anybody want to put up some cash for this? Ill put 100 on Herlings or smaller bets if anybody wants some.
I'll do $100 on Webb all day. What's your email, I'll send you a PayPal invoice now. Woohoo

But for real, I'll take that.
ZRacer... Are you a man of your word? Evil
PayPal- carlinojoe@yahoo.com
bama205
9/3/2016 6:36pm
kzizok wrote:
Herlings, always, any size, anywhere, anyone, until proven otherwise (MX). Yes, he may very well go down as the biggest sandbagger of all time because of...
Herlings, always, any size, anywhere, anyone, until proven otherwise (MX).

Yes, he may very well go down as the biggest sandbagger of all time because of riding down when he should move up. Speed doesnt understand that, however.
Well, time to answer for your sins
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
9/3/2016 6:41pm
Zracer wrote:
Anybody want to put up some cash for this? Ill put 100 on Herlings or smaller bets if anybody wants some.
I'll do $100 on Webb all day. What's your email, I'll send you a PayPal invoice now. Woohoo

So what were you thinking when Webb was about last off the start? Cool

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
9/3/2016 6:43pm

crusty_xx wrote:
Hahaha, I figured it was over and fell asleep on the couch! I woke up very surprised.Woohoo
Stefan82
9/3/2016 6:47pm

crusty_xx wrote:
7th after the opening lap, I don't really check positions after the first corner.
Paul333
9/3/2016 7:43pm
Well we finally got to see the race and it didn't disappoint. Herlings won his third title and was very fast, winning moto one. Webb was a beast coming back from a bad start to catch both Herlings and Forkner to win moto two and the overall. Incredible ride.

Hats off to Forkner for fighting off a charging Herlings for 2nd in moto two.

The racing did not dissapoint anyone except for the Herlings internet crowd who love to call him; "The Fastest Rider in the World" based merely off dominating MX2 races. Today we got the truth. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he will be a force to recon with in MX1. I predict multiple GP wins and be in the running for the title. This MX1 season isn't even over and I cannot wait for next season to start..
FlaNard
9/3/2016 7:55pm
Truthfully I expected JH to ruin everyone. All trash talking aside there is no shame in how he rode and congrats on the title. Cooper and especially Austin really surprised me. They're all close enough in speed that the results could easily be reversed based on track alone. The future of motocross is bright.
Mit12
9/3/2016 8:42pm
Well there is only one thing we know forsure after this race. Both riders have never seen this track before. This weekend Webb was faster who knows who is faster over a full season? I can say one thing for sure, Hearlings would not win the championship in the US after missing one race let alone 3.
winman
Fantasy
3924th
9/3/2016 9:37pm
Herlings is awesome! No I dont believe he can beat Coop austin or savatgy straight up! Thats why we need a Trans USA series in the fall and help MX grow even more! 10 MX nationals 10 supercross and 5 rds of Trans Ama or Trans USA!
51xc
9/3/2016 9:43pm
who ever thinks herlings is 100% 5 weeks after a broken collarbone is a moron. I don't care who is faster but this race sure wasn't the one to judge by.
cali11
9/3/2016 9:50pm
RG1 wrote:
Well Webb should win. After all, like you said he is on home turf and he has just been crowned as a champion in the best...
Well Webb should win. After all, like you said he is on home turf and he has just been crowned as a champion in the best series in the world. Would be a little embarrassing if he didn't
mbha wrote:
I am not convinced it's the best series in the world. It was a few years back with Tomac, Barcia, Roczen and Musquin but I don't...
I am not convinced it's the best series in the world. It was a few years back with Tomac, Barcia, Roczen and Musquin but I don't think Webb is better than any of those guys. And to say it's embarrasing to get beaten by Herlings is a weird statement. I believe that Herlings quite possibly is the fastest rider in the world, and then I include Roczen and Tomac. But that doesn't mean that he'll win every race he enters. The start might be bad, he might go down once or twice or the track suits someone else better. And in this particular situation there are a number of factors against him, so Webb might win, but don't be surprised if Seewer and Paturel smoke Webb. It wouldn't make me freak out.
Don't quit your day job! 19th to 1st!
cali11
9/3/2016 9:56pm
51xc wrote:
who ever thinks herlings is 100% 5 weeks after a broken collarbone is a moron. I don't care who is faster but this race sure wasn't...
who ever thinks herlings is 100% 5 weeks after a broken collarbone is a moron. I don't care who is faster but this race sure wasn't the one to judge by.
Butt hurt? Dude rode one hell of a race! He just got his ass handed to him by Coop!
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
9/3/2016 10:05pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2016 10:24pm
kzizok wrote:
Herlings, always, any size, anywhere, anyone, until proven otherwise (MX). Yes, he may very well go down as the biggest sandbagger of all time because of...
Herlings, always, any size, anywhere, anyone, until proven otherwise (MX).

Yes, he may very well go down as the biggest sandbagger of all time because of riding down when he should move up. Speed doesnt understand that, however.
bama205 wrote:
Well, time to answer for your sins
Well, what I was saying was I would pick Herlings until it was proven otherwise. So, today was the day it was proven otherwise and its time to reassess my thinking. And while Im at it, I was wrong about the Herlings vs Forkner concept from another thread.

Why are there feet in my crow pie?
51xc
9/3/2016 10:43pm
51xc wrote:
who ever thinks herlings is 100% 5 weeks after a broken collarbone is a moron. I don't care who is faster but this race sure wasn't...
cali11 wrote:
Butt hurt? Dude rode one hell of a race! He just got his ass handed to him by Coop!
read my post again, I said I don't care who is faster. but you may want to watch moto 1 again. cooper had nothing for herlings in moto 1 and herlings had nothing for cooper in moto 2. none of those guys dominated. in fact I am more impressed with forkner than webb or herlings. those two are expected to win, forkner rode way better than anyone could have ask for.
PressPassP
9/4/2016 12:42am
Mit12 wrote:
Well there is only one thing we know forsure after this race. Both riders have never seen this track before. This weekend Webb was faster who...
Well there is only one thing we know forsure after this race. Both riders have never seen this track before. This weekend Webb was faster who knows who is faster over a full season? I can say one thing for sure, Hearlings would not win the championship in the US after missing one race let alone 3.
Depends obviously where the season was,absolutely nobody would get near Herlings at some GP tracks but these man made places like Charlotte Qatar, Mexico, Thailand etc are different, I think Herlings would be awesome on some of those AMA tracks ,the two would have a cracking season.

I would still put him on top overall as all things considered I'm certain that Herlings Peformance last night wasn't him on full song,Webb on the other hand definitely was, that 2nd race was absolutely stunning!
Spergen
9/4/2016 2:32am
51xc wrote:
read my post again, I said I don't care who is faster. but you may want to watch moto 1 again. cooper had nothing for herlings...
read my post again, I said I don't care who is faster. but you may want to watch moto 1 again. cooper had nothing for herlings in moto 1 and herlings had nothing for cooper in moto 2. none of those guys dominated. in fact I am more impressed with forkner than webb or herlings. those two are expected to win, forkner rode way better than anyone could have ask for.
Me too, thought forkner was rider of the day, a win was exspected of the other 2.
9/4/2016 7:43am
DonM wrote:
Let's analyze this a bit.... Hometown crowd (all 500 of them :laugh: ) - Advantage Webb Familiarity with GP schedule - Advantage Herlings Charlotte GP track...
Let's analyze this a bit....

Hometown crowd (all 500 of them Laughing ) - Advantage Webb
Familiarity with GP schedule - Advantage Herlings
Charlotte GP track - Advantage equal (unless one of them has any flat track experience)
Starts - Advantage Herlings
Bike - Advantage Herlings full on works bike
Other riders - Advantage Herlings...Webb will spend too much time trying to pronounce the other riders names
Cockiness - Advantage equal...They won't be able to out asshat each other...

Bottom line - They will split moto wins and everyone on Vital will have all kinds of excuses....
Nice call!
DonM
9/4/2016 7:47am
DonM wrote:
Let's analyze this a bit.... Hometown crowd (all 500 of them :laugh: ) - Advantage Webb Familiarity with GP schedule - Advantage Herlings Charlotte GP track...

Charlotte GP track - Advantage equal (unless one of them has any flat track experience)
Other riders - Advantage Herlings...Webb will spend too much time trying to pronounce the other riders names

Bottom line - They will split moto wins and everyone on Vital will have all kinds of excuses....
Nice call!
Haha!! I forgot about that!!! I was actually there and the crowd wasn't bad to be honest..
9/4/2016 7:55am
DonM wrote:

Nice call!
DonM wrote:
Haha!! I forgot about that!!! I was actually there and the crowd wasn't bad to be honest..
I love to read all of you guys comments, I almost never make a post but I got a kick out that. Hope you had fun yesterday, take care!
YamahaJT1
9/4/2016 8:04am
Just got home...

Crowd was so-so, should have been more, but with the F'ed up weather, it was a good turnout.

Good race, but prefer natural terrain...

At the end of it all, Webb was on the top step. Answered well enough for me.
mbha
9/4/2016 8:42am
RG1 wrote:
Well Webb should win. After all, like you said he is on home turf and he has just been crowned as a champion in the best...
Well Webb should win. After all, like you said he is on home turf and he has just been crowned as a champion in the best series in the world. Would be a little embarrassing if he didn't
mbha wrote:
I am not convinced it's the best series in the world. It was a few years back with Tomac, Barcia, Roczen and Musquin but I don't...
I am not convinced it's the best series in the world. It was a few years back with Tomac, Barcia, Roczen and Musquin but I don't think Webb is better than any of those guys. And to say it's embarrasing to get beaten by Herlings is a weird statement. I believe that Herlings quite possibly is the fastest rider in the world, and then I include Roczen and Tomac. But that doesn't mean that he'll win every race he enters. The start might be bad, he might go down once or twice or the track suits someone else better. And in this particular situation there are a number of factors against him, so Webb might win, but don't be surprised if Seewer and Paturel smoke Webb. It wouldn't make me freak out.
Tomac demolished the field in moto 1 with the total time of 35:10. Herlings total time was 35:14. Just 4 seconds slower on a 250. I didn't thought Webb had Tomac'ish speed in him but I realize I was wrong. He is obviously the second fastest US rider behind Tomac. The comparison with Herlings can never be completely fair. Webb is a much better SX rider of course and likely equal on the US national tracks. Herlings is for sure faster on most GP tracks.
Overall most GP riders underperformed badly. Riders like Desalle, Cairoli and Paulin should not get beaten by Barcia.

And the great interview with Webb made him one of my favourites.
Fiar
9/4/2016 8:49am
Mit12 wrote:
Well there is only one thing we know forsure after this race. Both riders have never seen this track before. This weekend Webb was faster who...
Webb wasn't faster the whole weekend...only moto 2...herlings was faster in free and time practise and moto 1
Jimmy_Sloan
9/4/2016 9:05am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2016 9:07am
51xc wrote:
It was a fair race, let it go and admit that Herlings lost. Herlings was up to speed. Had Forkner not crashed, Herling may well have went 3-3 on the day. He definitely capitalized on Forkner's mistake, and is probably breathing a sigh of relief that Webb is moving up to the 450 for the next GP.
cbuehler767
9/4/2016 9:07am
mbha wrote:
Tomac demolished the field in moto 1 with the total time of 35:10. Herlings total time was 35:14. Just 4 seconds slower on a 250. I...
Tomac demolished the field in moto 1 with the total time of 35:10. Herlings total time was 35:14. Just 4 seconds slower on a 250. I didn't thought Webb had Tomac'ish speed in him but I realize I was wrong. He is obviously the second fastest US rider behind Tomac. The comparison with Herlings can never be completely fair. Webb is a much better SX rider of course and likely equal on the US national tracks. Herlings is for sure faster on most GP tracks.
Overall most GP riders underperformed badly. Riders like Desalle, Cairoli and Paulin should not get beaten by Barcia.

And the great interview with Webb made him one of my favourites.
Too much level headed thinking and not enough chest bumping in this post
RangerLee
9/4/2016 9:11am
For the MX2's, I do not see a clear cut winner in this one. Webb took the overall, absolutely, but he did split the motos with JH. What I saw is a JH that had not locked up the championship yet, and he rode with the purpose to do so.

Second moto, there was nothing left to push the limit for when it came to battling with Webb, who, put on one HELL of a race coming from 19th, though I wonder if the championship had not been locked up would JH have settled back in the second moto.

Tomac, just wow, that was impressive. So was Barcia until he was injured in the 2nd moto, both rode impressively against a very experienced and fast field of GP riders, I was surprised.
Jimmy_Sloan
9/4/2016 9:15am
51xc wrote:
cali11 wrote:
51xc wrote:
read my post again, I said I don't care who is faster. but you may want to watch moto 1 again. cooper had nothing for herlings...
I think Webb had plenty in moto 1 until he got slowed up by Fornerks crash and Herlings went by. He probably lost his groove a bit at that point, then gained it back in moto 2. Either way, Webb rode the better race and came out on top. Not saying it would be the same on a regular GP track in Europe, but here in the States, Webb was the man of the day.
9/4/2016 10:10am
RangerLee wrote:
For the MX2's, I do not see a clear cut winner in this one. Webb took the overall, absolutely, but he did split the motos with...
For the MX2's, I do not see a clear cut winner in this one. Webb took the overall, absolutely, but he did split the motos with JH. What I saw is a JH that had not locked up the championship yet, and he rode with the purpose to do so.

Second moto, there was nothing left to push the limit for when it came to battling with Webb, who, put on one HELL of a race coming from 19th, though I wonder if the championship had not been locked up would JH have settled back in the second moto.

Tomac, just wow, that was impressive. So was Barcia until he was injured in the 2nd moto, both rode impressively against a very experienced and fast field of GP riders, I was surprised.
I see it opposite your theory. I would think a more conservative approach was warranted in Moto 1 by Herlings to easily achieve the championship. No mistakes.

Moto 2 nothing to lose. No pressure.
RG1
9/4/2016 10:25am
GP was pretty average to be fair, the track was definitely not the best. I'm looking forward to next week when we get to see a proper track. As for the results, I'm not really surprised with what happened. The American guys were always going to be fired up to try and win, and Herlings the same, as it turned out, they took one each and I'm sure both Webb and Herlings will be happy with how it went.

Post a reply to: Webb vs Herlings

The Latest