Webb vs Herlings

Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/15/2016 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2016 5:09pm
It depends on how much SX stuff is on the track. That will be the difference, Cooper is a almost incomparably better all around rider(SX and MX) and he should be as he races SX as well. If Charlotee has SX style sections It really tips the favor towards Coop, if it's more natural I think JH has a huge chance despite it being in Coops backyard. Let's be honest as well JH should win, no one has been that fast on a 250f that long. If a guy with under 10 national wins beats a guy with over 60 that would be a lil embarrassing. Herlings has won far more MX races than Webb has entered. If JH doesn't win I would say that would be a let down.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
8/15/2016 2:57pm
I think Webb will win because of the attitude he brings to the race. "I am better, I'm from a better country, and this race is in that country."

It's the same reason we won so much at the MXDN in the 1980s: utter belief. Cocky, for sure, but it worked.
Zracer
8/15/2016 3:22pm
cali11 wrote:
I have a feeling your going to be loosing a lot of cash!
Zracer wrote:
I dont put a lot of stock in the feelings of those that cant spell "losing" .

Sounds good Joe. Least the race got more interesting.
Hell yeah! Email me on race day!

Carlinojoe@yahoo.com
Will do Joe.
51xc
8/15/2016 4:05pm
Falcon wrote:
I think Webb will win because of the attitude he brings to the race. "I am better, I'm from a better country, and this race is...
I think Webb will win because of the attitude he brings to the race. "I am better, I'm from a better country, and this race is in that country."

It's the same reason we won so much at the MXDN in the 1980s: utter belief. Cocky, for sure, but it worked.
are you saying herlings isn't cocky? Grinning
herlings is a beast. he's not going to crack because he hasn't a home advantage. they race all over the world. it's just another track.

The Shop

lucas-vh
8/15/2016 4:35pm
Cooper doesn't even have any advantage . His "home" track doesn't mean shit. No one will have been able to ride this track. Herlings travels the world to different tracks every year, it isn't any different then any other gp. If the soil is going to be soft then Webb won't stand a chance, plain and simple .
8/15/2016 4:43pm
lucas-vh wrote:
Cooper doesn't even have any advantage . His "home" track doesn't mean shit. No one will have been able to ride this track. Herlings travels the...
Cooper doesn't even have any advantage . His "home" track doesn't mean shit. No one will have been able to ride this track. Herlings travels the world to different tracks every year, it isn't any different then any other gp. If the soil is going to be soft then Webb won't stand a chance, plain and simple .
What?!? No advantage? Herlings wont be 100% and no one will be getting blown away
a22
8/15/2016 4:50pm
lucas-vh wrote:
Cooper doesn't even have any advantage . His "home" track doesn't mean shit. No one will have been able to ride this track. Herlings travels the...
Kx125rider wrote:
What?!? No advantage? Herlings wont be 100% and no one will be getting blown away
Yea- I reckon Coop could easily take it to him....
Gonna be good- hope Jiffy is healed up enough for it to be a fair match/ square up... they seem kind of both sort of similar personalities and seriously fast riders both ending their 250 days it seems.
RG1
8/15/2016 5:07pm
I don't think there will be a problem with Herlings not being 100% by that stage. The only issue he may have is that he will more than likely win the title at Charlotte. That might make him think twice if things get a little dicey.
machine
8/15/2016 6:50pm
I'm not going to make a fool of myself by making a prediction, but it's going to be good either way. I don't think there are any SX whoops, so the SX edge really doesn't exist.
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2768th
8/15/2016 6:56pm
Go coop!!! you know coop is going there for the win, I respect his no-nonsense approach.
lucas-vh
8/15/2016 8:47pm
lucas-vh wrote:
Kx125rider wrote:
It's a broken collarbone... He's healed it 100% . And has a month until Charlotte lol. Plus a GP and a local race In between. Herlings will be more then ready.....
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
8/15/2016 9:13pm
who else is racing from ama?
51xc
8/15/2016 11:23pm
Stoop wrote:
who else is racing from ama?
savagty and ac are confirmed as far as I know. I could see jmart racing as well, depending if he will get released earlier from his contract.
Julian
8/16/2016 12:25am
RG1 wrote:
I don't think there will be a problem with Herlings not being 100% by that stage. The only issue he may have is that he will...
I don't think there will be a problem with Herlings not being 100% by that stage. The only issue he may have is that he will more than likely win the title at Charlotte. That might make him think twice if things get a little dicey.
very good point.

Coop's got nothing to loose whereas the title count is what Herlings lives and breathes for.

I was all caught up in the hope it would be a Herlings vs Webb free for all.

CoccoBill
8/16/2016 3:15am
Will Webb race both Charlotte and GH?
Both on a 250?
Then that would be the fight of the year!
RG95
8/16/2016 3:20am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2016 3:24am
Webb's a cunning guy no doubt. You all know he would never race if a healthy Herlings is there as ANY of the top US rider has ever raced a USGP in the past 10 years. Cunning guy but... I might be wrong... he's racing the MXoN... still on a 450 though.
Uncle_Eddie
8/16/2016 9:06am
lucas-vh wrote:
Kx125rider wrote:
I think he was talking track wise he won't have an advantage, which I agree. He didn't say anything about any other advantages he will or will not have
TDeath21
8/16/2016 10:23am
Should be a fun one to watch that's for sure. I'd say Webb is the favorite, but it's close.
sende
Fantasy
4455th
8/16/2016 11:36am
Aryen wrote:
With Webbs current form and the fact that it's his homeground I can understand why people put their money on him. I think they're in for...
With Webbs current form and the fact that it's his homeground I can understand why people put their money on him.

I think they're in for a surprise.
RG1 wrote:
My thoughts exactly
x3
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
8/16/2016 12:15pm
RG95 wrote:
Webb's a cunning guy no doubt. You all know he would never race if a healthy Herlings is there as ANY of the top US rider...
Webb's a cunning guy no doubt. You all know he would never race if a healthy Herlings is there as ANY of the top US rider has ever raced a USGP in the past 10 years. Cunning guy but... I might be wrong... he's racing the MXoN... still on a 450 though.
Wrong, Cooper proved last year he will race anyone anytime, took on world champ Febvre at GH on the 450 and also took on Reed in Australia at a moments notice, Cooper isn't afraid of racing anyone including Herlings. Herlings on the other hand........
mbha
8/16/2016 1:52pm
If Herlings was healthy and 100% he'd win by far. He dominated Febvre. He dominated Gajser and I truly think he would beat KR ans ET with way more than some seconds. Webb is an excellent rider and might be one of the next big boys, but JH is the fastest rider on the planet. Now he has a championship to consider and injuries which plays in favour of Webb, but I think Webb has his hands full with Seewer and Anstie and those guys either way.

We all know the charge Webb often puts in the last 2 - 3 laps. Imagine someone doing every single lap like that. Trying to beat his own heater lap after lap and lower his lap times over and over again throught the whole moto, that is Herlings.

jamma10
8/16/2016 1:56pm
Stoop wrote:
Wrong, Cooper proved last year he will race anyone anytime, took on world champ Febvre at GH on the 450 and also took on Reed in...
Wrong, Cooper proved last year he will race anyone anytime, took on world champ Febvre at GH on the 450 and also took on Reed in Australia at a moments notice, Cooper isn't afraid of racing anyone including Herlings. Herlings on the other hand........
...isnt afraid to race the MXdN two weeks after turning 15 years old, race the open class for his country aged 16 and make his own career choices with one eye on the bigger picture.
Jasper125
8/16/2016 2:50pm
Stoop wrote:
Wrong, Cooper proved last year he will race anyone anytime, took on world champ Febvre at GH on the 450 and also took on Reed in...
jamma10 wrote:
...isnt afraid to race the MXdN two weeks after turning 15 years old, race the open class for his country aged 16 and make his own...
...isnt afraid to race the MXdN two weeks after turning 15 years old, race the open class for his country aged 16 and make his own career choices with one eye on the bigger picture.
Don't forget he raced the dutch national 85 big wheel champion in a charity race on a 85 pushing as hard as he can. So its easy to say he doesn't like to loose in any circumstance. And being called a sandbagger and shit just motivates him even more, he feeds of that kind of negativity against him.

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
8/16/2016 3:41pm
Herlings is a monster, no doubt, but it's hard to say what will happen when the two face off. Either way, I'm looking forward to it!
jeffro503
8/16/2016 3:47pm
RG95 wrote:
Webb's a cunning guy no doubt. You all know he would never race if a healthy Herlings is there as ANY of the top US rider...
Herlings will be 100% at Charolette and Glen Helen. Why wouldn't he be? Some guys get those collar bones plated and are back in 2 weeks. And Charolette is still 3 weeks out...GH is 5 weeks out.
kijen
8/16/2016 5:27pm
RG1 wrote:
I don't think there will be a problem with Herlings not being 100% by that stage. The only issue he may have is that he will...
Why would cooper hang it out? If it gets dicey....It's a meaningless race to him too...both guys have too much to look forward to next year, their legacy on 250s is already written and over.
rrjr
8/16/2016 5:55pm
Bearuno wrote:
Is the Charlotte Speedway that the GP is being held in the same Charlotte that the Indian FTR750 Flat Tracker ( awesome bike ) was tested...

Is the Charlotte Speedway that the GP is being held in the same Charlotte that the Indian FTR750 Flat Tracker ( awesome bike ) was tested at, on the 29th July, by Jared Mees and Corey Texter? Go to Cycle World site for lots of pictures and couple of videos, and a few articles on the FTRs development / build process. .

If so, it's going to be a tiny track - much more SX sized than even the current crop of 'special build' GP tracks.

I don't think Herlings will have the title wrapped up by Charlotte - so he may be cautious there. Wouldn't blame him after the last 2 years of missing the title. If he wraps it up there, he may 'play hard' at GH. Or, wait until Maggiora -though, I'm not sure if he's doing the MXDN?

Webb's doing 250s at Charlotte - is he doing GH, and, I wonder if he'll do 450s there, just to get a(another) race in on a 450 before Maggiora? Not sure if you can do 2 GP classes in the year. I know a few jump(ed) up from EMX2 to MX2, but, it may not be the same.

The Charlotte GP track is being built at the zMax Dragway. It's twice a big as a normal drag strip, having 4 wide racing instead of 2 wide. But it's still a 1/4 mile flat strip of asphalt.

https://youtu.be/-dgwADTnqSg
Bearuno
8/17/2016 8:28am
No it's Not on the Dragway.

They changed it to the Dirt Track, quite a while ago..
David934
8/17/2016 8:42am
Not a fan of Webb, but on home soil he's been on fire. Herlings coming back from injury and he's still not 100 percent. Im him awaiting back on Czech GP, but not started still Swiss GP
RG1
8/17/2016 9:44am
RG1 wrote:
kijen wrote:
Why would cooper hang it out? If it gets dicey....It's a meaningless race to him too...both guys have too much to look forward to next year...
Why would cooper hang it out? If it gets dicey....It's a meaningless race to him too...both guys have too much to look forward to next year, their legacy on 250s is already written and over.
I never said Cooper would hang it out, just merely pointing out that there's a lot more than just pride riding on it for Herlings, his first priority will be ensuring he wins the title after losing it the last 2 years. Having said that, I'm sure both will be highly motivated to beat each other

Post a reply to: Webb vs Herlings

The Latest