Webb to KTM

ga_pike
Edited Date/Time 4/13/2020 2:22pm
Looks like a done deal. Didn't see another thread yet so here...

https://racerxonline.com/2018/08/23/insight-wondering-about-webb
|
8/24/2018 3:36am
They've either got themselves a cheap deal of a rider to develop there, or an expensive dud. I hope it's the former.
ledger
8/24/2018 3:48am
If he can stay healthy, I think he'll do great with KTM. Should be interesting...
fort_knox03
8/24/2018 4:33am
Not sure why everyone thinks Webb would be a cheap buy for KTM? He is only 2 years removed from being a 250 champ indoors and out, hes still very young, hes straight up podiumed in Supercross more than once and his points have been right there with riders like Wilson, Peick, Tickle, Brayton, etc.
fourfourone
8/24/2018 4:37am
Do you think the same thing is going to happen to Plessinger?

The Shop

ga_pike
8/24/2018 4:42am
Not sure why everyone thinks Webb would be a cheap buy for KTM? He is only 2 years removed from being a 250 champ indoors and...
Not sure why everyone thinks Webb would be a cheap buy for KTM? He is only 2 years removed from being a 250 champ indoors and out, hes still very young, hes straight up podiumed in Supercross more than once and his points have been right there with riders like Wilson, Peick, Tickle, Brayton, etc.
I wonder if they mean "cheap" as compared to Tomac and Musquin? I think Webb is a podium contender both indoors and out who just didn't necessarily gel with Yamaha. Hopefully a new (different) bike and training program and elevate him to elite status on a 450.
ga_pike
8/24/2018 4:46am
Do you think the same thing is going to happen to Plessinger?
I don't... but you never know. Was Cooper on the "new generation" Yamaha 250 before moving up? Does Plessinger benefit from coming up on the newer 250 (make the transition "easier")?
Crush
8/24/2018 4:49am
Not sure why everyone thinks Webb would be a cheap buy for KTM? He is only 2 years removed from being a 250 champ indoors and...
ga_pike wrote:
I wonder if they mean "cheap" as compared to Tomac and Musquin? I think Webb is a podium contender both indoors and out who just didn't...
I wonder if they mean "cheap" as compared to Tomac and Musquin? I think Webb is a podium contender both indoors and out who just didn't necessarily gel with Yamaha. Hopefully a new (different) bike and training program and elevate him to elite status on a 450.
Yeah of course it's relative.

Barcia and him are huge names but i'd bet the house on neither's new contract being the most they'd made.
8/24/2018 4:53am
I think a change of scenery will do him good, it will be kind of a fresh start for him. And the way things have gone for him the past 2 seasons he really needs it.
shuggs
8/24/2018 5:09am
IMO he is a 2nd rider, unless things improve dramatically this will never change
ga_pike
8/24/2018 5:11am
shuggs wrote:
IMO he is a 2nd rider, unless things improve dramatically this will never change
2nd rider as Lechien was to Ward maybe. Bailey and Johnson... who was the 2nd rider there? I'd think of Webb as a possible 1B to Musquin's 1A.
kkawboy14
8/24/2018 5:11am
I bet KTM is thinking this kid could be the future!
BR8ES
8/24/2018 5:12am
Will still be hovering around 7th place, hope they got him cheap. If not, good for Webb.
kkawboy14
8/24/2018 5:14am
BR8ES wrote:
Will still be hovering around 7th place, hope they got him cheap. If not, good for Webb.
Aldin will help calm him down! Look what he did with Anderson.
BR8ES
8/24/2018 5:16am
BR8ES wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Aldin will help calm him down! Look what he did with Anderson.
Yeah, good point. Hope things change, be nice to have another contender.
8/24/2018 5:32am
Not a Webb hater, however I think he is probably the most overrated rider in the class (on vital.. so take that for what it’s worth)
Jerkolantern
8/24/2018 5:32am
I kinda dig all the rider's simply because I love Moto. I enjoy watching a squid rip around. And I think we need some characters​ on the circuit like coop, but so far it's looking like he follows his own path. I don't think Marvin has forgotten the teasing on the start when J-mart was battling him for the outdoor title, which may make Marvin feel slighted, and him being told what to do 24/7 by Aldo and the man may be asking too much of his ego. I have mixed feelings about this though, I don't think he gave yammy his best 100% of the time. When you're drooling over other manufacturers scooters whilst being paid copius amount of money from another your flat out saying the bike I'm on sucks. I just can't blame the Yamaha at this point. The 450 and 250 are basically the same bike minus the cc difference as far as I know and the 250 isn't holding anyone back. Again, just my opinion. I'm not in the know, just how it looked to me through my quad-focals
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
8/24/2018 5:38am
I think things are about to get interesting! A healthy and confident Webb can run with anyone IMO... How many people have ever passed and dropped Herlings? That Charlotte race was memorable to say the least!!!!!
Donovan759
8/24/2018 5:41am
kkawboy14 wrote:
You're thinking of Justin Cooper. Not Cooper Webb.

RIP NYMotocross
c0ncEpT
8/24/2018 5:43am
Webb is a confidence rider. He's had a string of injury's that have killed his confidence. If he gets it back watch out.
TJMX947
8/24/2018 5:54am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
I think things are about to get interesting! A healthy and confident Webb can run with anyone IMO... How many people have ever passed and dropped...
I think things are about to get interesting! A healthy and confident Webb can run with anyone IMO... How many people have ever passed and dropped Herlings? That Charlotte race was memorable to say the least!!!!!
I always go back to this. I hope Webb can turn it around at KTM. I hope Roger, the bike, the team, and Aldon can get him to the mental place he needs to be. Seems like every time us North Carolinians get a "big timer" in the Pros it fizzles out. Hopefully Webb can break the curse!
ledger
8/24/2018 5:57am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Donovan759 wrote:
You're thinking of Justin Cooper. Not Cooper Webb.

RIP NYMotocross
There went my morning coffee! GrinningGrinning
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
8/24/2018 6:02am
His rides in France and Italy for team USA is all I need to know. He gives a shit. You can't teach people to have drive and passion to win. That kid has it.
BR8ES
8/24/2018 6:08am
Markee wrote:
His rides in France and Italy for team USA is all I need to know. He gives a shit. You can't teach people to have drive...
His rides in France and Italy for team USA is all I need to know. He gives a shit. You can't teach people to have drive and passion to win. That kid has it.
Had it. Let's see if he finds it again.
Dougy1
8/24/2018 6:09am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
I think things are about to get interesting! A healthy and confident Webb can run with anyone IMO... How many people have ever passed and dropped...
TJMX947 wrote:
I always go back to this. I hope Webb can turn it around at KTM. I hope Roger, the bike, the team, and Aldon can get...
I always go back to this. I hope Webb can turn it around at KTM. I hope Roger, the bike, the team, and Aldon can get him to the mental place he needs to be. Seems like every time us North Carolinians get a "big timer" in the Pros it fizzles out. Hopefully Webb can break the curse!
It will be interesting too watch.
Look we're Barcia came back from!
I wonder though, will he ever win a championship like initially predicted. If he's what 22 he's still got a couple years to turn it around.. Back in the Rc Stew Reed Rd Rv crew they just straight up done well or dominated within their first 2 seasons.

H4L
8/24/2018 6:21am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 6:22am
Markee wrote:
His rides in France and Italy for team USA is all I need to know. He gives a shit. You can't teach people to have drive...
BR8ES wrote:
Agree. He hasn't shown that passion the last 2 yrs.. He can't blame the bike since Barcia has been on the same bike getting podiums with good results. The kid has a huge ego & it could potentially be a situation like MA800 that going to KTM didn't produce the results. Time will tell if he listens to the man it could possibly turn his mx career back around.
8/24/2018 6:23am
BR8ES wrote:
You might not be wrong.
There are what, 4 champion contenders then just in the 450 class of bakers riders? Throw in Tomac, Roczen, Ju. Hill, Barcia etc. It's not going to be easy for any rider to be on the podium.
BAMX
8/24/2018 6:26am
Markee wrote:
BR8ES wrote:
H4L wrote:
Agree. He hasn't shown that passion the last 2 yrs.. He can't blame the bike since Barcia has been on the same bike getting podiums with...
Agree. He hasn't shown that passion the last 2 yrs.. He can't blame the bike since Barcia has been on the same bike getting podiums with good results. The kid has a huge ego & it could potentially be a situation like MA800 that going to KTM didn't produce the results. Time will tell if he listens to the man it could possibly turn his mx career back around.
Comparing the KTM of the Alessi era to now is a stretch.
BR8ES
8/24/2018 6:28am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 6:33am
BR8ES wrote:
You might not be wrong. There are what, 4 champion contenders then just in the 450 class of bakers riders? Throw in Tomac, Roczen, Ju. Hill...
You might not be wrong.
There are what, 4 champion contenders then just in the 450 class of bakers riders? Throw in Tomac, Roczen, Ju. Hill, Barcia etc. It's not going to be easy for any rider to be on the podium.
Hope so... Maybe this change will get him to where he was and people think he should be. Biggest question is whether Webb sees himself there or cares enough.
H4L
8/24/2018 6:34am
BAMX wrote:
Comparing the KTM of the Alessi era to now is a stretch.
Like I said. Time will tell. Roger Decoster was unable to produce the results with a certain rider & as stated it could potentially be a similiar situation. The man doesn't have any secret potion nor does Aldon it's really up to the individual & what he puts into it. The KTM bike is only part of the equation..

Post a reply to: Webb to KTM

The Latest