Webb’s pass on Tomac = Penalised

3/17/2019 5:02am
nothing to see here... move along

Well whatever happens it sets a nice precedent.... and precedents don't care who is involved from incident to incident
NateDawg
3/17/2019 5:13am
Webb’s pass on Tomac. He has gone on the inside of a tough block and passed Tomac. Was crazy lucky and a good pass. However, I...
Webb’s pass on Tomac.
He has gone on the inside of a tough block and passed Tomac.
Was crazy lucky and a good pass.
However, I see Kawasaki contesting the pass due to passing a rider when he has gone off track.
Webb was on the inside of a rough block and techniqualy off track.

Thoughts on if he will be penalised or not?
GuyB wrote:
Just...no.

After the race I mentioned to Coop that he'd really sent it in there. He laughed and said he was out of control.

Yet again, what does him being out of control have to do with anything? There is no exception in the rulebook for poor bike control.
tingo
3/17/2019 5:36am
Seriously, why did this get buried? Is Decoster a secret moderator on here? I saw GuyBs warning thread in the main forum and noticed this thread was gone. I figured this thing got more sideways than Webb when he cut the track, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Some name calling, but nothing crazy.
mac3-d
3/17/2019 5:47am
tingo wrote:
Seriously, why did this get buried? Is Decoster a secret moderator on here? I saw GuyBs warning thread in the main forum and noticed this thread...
Seriously, why did this get buried? Is Decoster a secret moderator on here? I saw GuyBs warning thread in the main forum and noticed this thread was gone. I figured this thing got more sideways than Webb when he cut the track, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Some name calling, but nothing crazy.

KTM $ or has Esquire been in touch ?

The Shop

NateDawg
3/17/2019 7:44am
tingo wrote:
Seriously, why did this get buried? Is Decoster a secret moderator on here? I saw GuyBs warning thread in the main forum and noticed this thread...
Because some mods would rather bury a legitimate thread instead of actually justifying their position on the matter.
URNSO2
3/17/2019 8:06am
Based on my understanding of the rule book this could very well be a penalty docking Webb at least one position. Webb left the track and then entered in a manner that gave him an advantage. The rules have no mention about it being intentional or not, have no mention of an exception for an awesome save, and have no mention of a passed rider dropping lap times.

If this pass wasn’t a violation then riders can start cutting inside the tough blocks to make passes. There are no rules that state this is only allowed while cross rutting into a jump then landing on a tough block and narrowly missing a t-bone.

Webb should have not used his mistake as an advantage. That’s the reason these rules exist as virtually every time a racer leaves the track it is part of an unintentional situation. The rules are there so people don’t use mistakes to their benefit.

Plus, enforcing the rule will only make the rest of the season more competitive which is a major reason the rules exist.
Mxracer6y
3/17/2019 8:32am
agn5009 wrote:
You guys are a bunch of whiners. It wasn’t intentional. He landed on the tough block for crying out loud. It would be a joke if...
You guys are a bunch of whiners. It wasn’t intentional. He landed on the tough block for crying out loud. It would be a joke if he was penalized
Oh it would? So what you're saying is that you can cut the track, or do basically anything you want to make a pass d stick, and its ok as long as you make it look like an accident.

So if i lose control and jump across the track and pass 3 people in the process its completely OK as long as it was an "accident"

I love your logic..
3/18/2019 2:28pm
Webb’s pass on Tomac. He has gone on the inside of a tough block and passed Tomac. Was crazy lucky and a good pass. However, I...
Webb’s pass on Tomac.
He has gone on the inside of a tough block and passed Tomac.
Was crazy lucky and a good pass.
However, I see Kawasaki contesting the pass due to passing a rider when he has gone off track.
Webb was on the inside of a rough block and techniqualy off track.

Thoughts on if he will be penalised or not?
Rules Are Rules, Watch the Replay.

KYFHO699
3/18/2019 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2019 8:39pm
Gotta love a six pager where the moderator doesn’t like what he sees so he buries it.... Absolutely classic Vital and why most folks don’t take this site seriously.

Post a reply to: Webb’s pass on Tomac = Penalised

The Latest