Webb’s interview on swap moto live

TSCHAM101
4/4/2019 7:47am
level wrote:
Great interview. That Yamaha 450 factory bike really is a turd and that ktm really is the cream of the crop as well as that whole...
Great interview. That Yamaha 450 factory bike really is a turd and that ktm really is the cream of the crop as well as that whole program and team at ktm. Amazing how much better the riders are on that ktm 450 and team.
Its not the bike... its the team... Decoster and his team of mechanics that follow him everywhere he goes is the reason the team is soo damn good.

They took that piece of shit 2011 ktm and were battling for wins and championships the day he got there... Webb couldn't ride his yz450 worth a shit(with a new team..lack of setup data, inexperience).. you could see the effort trying to go fast but couldn't and when he did, he crashed hard...

Then fast forward.. I have been telling all of my buddies since October of 2018, that hes gonna be a rocket on the KTM simply because of the team.. those guys wont let him go out on the track with a terrible setup, mainly because their baseline data is so high.. they know what works and what doesn't... When Marv goes to another factory team(I would if I was him, they aren't going to let webb get away), just watch him drop in pace for the first year or 2... Would be sick to see him on a Honda...

CozMan
4/4/2019 7:55am
will agree with everyone that that was a great interview.

I also was struck that he could have absolutely thrown Yamaha under the bus, but didn't. Even when he talked about their lousy offer to him...he kept it professional.

Kudos to him - made me more of a fan with that.
logan_140
4/4/2019 7:57am
level wrote:
Great interview. That Yamaha 450 factory bike really is a turd and that ktm really is the cream of the crop as well as that whole...
Great interview. That Yamaha 450 factory bike really is a turd and that ktm really is the cream of the crop as well as that whole program and team at ktm. Amazing how much better the riders are on that ktm 450 and team.
TSCHAM101 wrote:
Its not the bike... its the team... Decoster and his team of mechanics that follow him everywhere he goes is the reason the team is soo...
Its not the bike... its the team... Decoster and his team of mechanics that follow him everywhere he goes is the reason the team is soo damn good.

They took that piece of shit 2011 ktm and were battling for wins and championships the day he got there... Webb couldn't ride his yz450 worth a shit(with a new team..lack of setup data, inexperience).. you could see the effort trying to go fast but couldn't and when he did, he crashed hard...

Then fast forward.. I have been telling all of my buddies since October of 2018, that hes gonna be a rocket on the KTM simply because of the team.. those guys wont let him go out on the track with a terrible setup, mainly because their baseline data is so high.. they know what works and what doesn't... When Marv goes to another factory team(I would if I was him, they aren't going to let webb get away), just watch him drop in pace for the first year or 2... Would be sick to see him on a Honda...

I agree.. but there is no denying how good the new ktms are. Plus Aldon has helped coop a ton.
sam hain
4/4/2019 8:31am
Interesting to read this interview and compare it to Chad's in terms of Yamaha. Chad's perspective was Yamaha wouldn't let him take Cooper under his wing nor wanted to hear about his opinion to improve the bike. Cooper says they worked hard to improve the 17 but it just didn't work. They had to know the bike was a problem when a factory pro is 2secs a lap faster on a bone stock bike. Look at Yamaha now....hiring fill in guys in between there guys crashing out and healing up.

The Shop

level
4/4/2019 9:21am
It’s the bike and the team but the team made the bike good and ktm corporate listened.

I would never of considered buying a ktm 10 years ago if I ever get another bike it will be a ktm.
Conway240
4/4/2019 9:32am
Great interview, I bleed orange & Cooper is a perfect fit on the KTM.
4/4/2019 11:02am
Fan of Cooper since the first time I saw him race. Haters gonna hate. Barring injury, he will be a force to be reckoned with for a long time. Just look at how he deals with pressure....look at how he adjusts during a race. Hate him or love him...you're blind if you cannot see the kid is the real deal.

Akira
4/4/2019 2:40pm
It's always awesome to know what happens behind the scenes. 2019 Coop impressed me even more with that interview. Riders be aware: this guy on that team will give you nightmares for the next 5+ years.
cool_hand
4/4/2019 6:25pm
Great Interview, good job Don

He came through a lot, during '17 and '18...One thing that came through loud and clear, you got to heal right or you
slide down the hill farther.
He said it over and over again,..I hope young riders take this is heart.

Coop is in the cat birds seat, and he really has got a smooth flow goin' on. Godspeed Brother.

---chl
Mxracer6y
4/5/2019 8:11am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2019 8:12am
level wrote:
If the KTM is the cream of the crop, why it getting whipped in the 250?
because you need someone to ride it??

its not rocket surgery
Mxracer6y
4/5/2019 8:16am
Question wrote:
To an extent it also makes me wonder if some teams actually don't do their best effort because of budget issues, to avoid paying podium big...
To an extent it also makes me wonder if some teams actually don't do their best effort because of budget issues, to avoid paying podium big bonuses.
about the dumbest thing said on vitalmx to this day.... top 5 easily.
4/5/2019 8:24am
Drtbykr wrote:
He’s a cocky little shit who can fly on a motorbike. Reminds me of hockey, some people get under your skin. Doing something right bank account...
He’s a cocky little shit who can fly on a motorbike.

Reminds me of hockey, some people get under your skin.

Doing something right bank account wise. Marv is riding like a virtual MX clinic but doesn’t have enough playing rough experience. Webb will play anytime, anywhere.
This. This right here is why I havent been a fan of Coop since he got on 450s. Was a top 10 guy, acting/talking like he was a top guy and throwing it in there with contenders. Reminded me A LOT of the hockey dicks around here (house league heros that act like theyre going to the NHL). Glad to see hes getting back to the old Coop though, last weekend had me rooting for him.
Question
4/6/2019 9:45am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2019 9:45am
Question wrote:
To an extent it also makes me wonder if some teams actually don't do their best effort because of budget issues, to avoid paying podium big...
To an extent it also makes me wonder if some teams actually don't do their best effort because of budget issues, to avoid paying podium big bonuses.
Mxracer6y wrote:
about the dumbest thing said on vitalmx to this day.... top 5 easily.
Yeah it is kind of excessive, but an exemple is it just took 30 years to have the fuel injection. MX is for sure by far in the bottom list of the japanese brands in term of r&d and invests, because it brings back "little money" compared to some of their others P&Ls, let us not kid ourselves. If the best effort was given we would have at least the same technology of road bikes/motogp bikes, and just a good start would be to shave 10 kilos. So the reasoning behind the "to avoid paying big bonuses" is excessive, ok, but not such a strech either ; at the top they give let us say 5 millions of racing budget, but if they spend 10M, if they win, then at the top they may actually not all be that happy.
Sierra Ranger
4/6/2019 10:34am
Cooper's not cocky- anytime somebody shows any personality in this sport the fans react like a bunch of old ladies in a knitting circle.
Texas Built
4/6/2019 11:22am
What makes you think Webb can race outdoors because he's good a the jumpy-jump-jump racing? I'd take Tomac or a health Baggett over Cooper outdoors till proven otherwise,
Ing
4/6/2019 11:32am
level wrote:
Amazes me the amount of down votes people get for saying anything positive about KTM's recent dominance. Extremely salty behavior.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
4/6/2019 4:21pm
all I know is on the stock level going old and slow. you could blind fold me (I know I know:lolSmile and ride a ktm back to back with anything.i would know instantly. its just a damn good bike. it feels like a 2 stroke cr with a tractor engine. watch cooper and marvin turn tonight. balanced and squatting then driving out. its noticeable.
BikeGuy321
4/6/2019 4:43pm
Back in the two stroke days all of the factory bikes were right on the minimum weight. I'd be curious to know the weights of all the bikes nowdays. Last Summer Roczen had them remove the e-start, so that makes me wonder how heavy some of the bikes are. Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki teams are spending a lot more on lightweight parts if they do make it down to the minimum allowed weight.

Post a reply to: Webb’s interview on swap moto live

The Latest