Webb on new YZF at US MXGP

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2017 2:54 AM

Haven't seen any threads about this yet, noticed Webb posted on his instagram that he will be racing the new 18 yzf at the us mxgp, will interesting to see how he does on it.

Photo

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYSvOSvFBwU/?taken-by=cooperwebb2

|

8/28/2017 3:24 AM

Not being shy about it. Better work out for him!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/28/2017 4:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2017 10:53 AM

Do we know if he has been testing on this bike ?

I wonder if he will take any advice from the Wilvo guys who have been on the 2018 model a while now. The new bike looks pretty awesome !

|

8/28/2017 4:28 AM

he just had 2 big days of testing before ironman. racing the new bike is a good way to see where they at.

|

8/28/2017 7:44 AM

I'm hoping like hell he shows up swinging

|

8/28/2017 9:06 AM

Why does this remind me of RC's first season on the big bikes?

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

8/28/2017 9:20 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

I'm stumped, why?

|

8/28/2017 9:28 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

I'd say it was a little better. He didn't almost get his head ripped off by Albertyn

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

8/28/2017 10:33 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I'd say it was a little better. He didn't almost get his head ripped off by Albertyn

I'm aussming you guys are talking about SX as RCs first outdoor season in the big bike he won 9 of the 12 races.

|

8/28/2017 10:35 AM

Rowlands wrote:

Do we know if he has been testing on this bike ?

I wonder if he will take any advice from the Wilvo guys who have been on the 2018 model a while now. The new bike looks pretty awesome !

They're also doing two days of testing this week.

|

8/28/2017 10:41 AM

GuyB wrote:

They're also doing two days of testing this week.

That's all they've done, nothing prior to that ?

|

8/28/2017 10:44 AM

Rowlands wrote:

That's all they've done, nothing prior to that ?

You did notice the word also in my reply, right? smile

They've got some time in on it. New PC pipes are among the items in the mix, but there aren't a lot of parts and pieces available for this bike yet.

|

8/28/2017 10:57 AM

i hope he likes the bike , we havent seen the "old" Webb this season , if it is the bike this might be the step he needs , he can do a lot better

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

8/28/2017 11:16 AM

Praying he likes it and can get to his former self

|

8/28/2017 11:25 AM

MXA did a quick review and didn't seem to be overwhelmed by the updates. Basically said if you are already a YZ450 guy you will like the new bike.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

8/28/2017 12:04 PM

captmoto wrote:

MXA did a quick review and didn't seem to be overwhelmed by the updates. Basically said if you are already a YZ450 guy you will like the new bike.

Was that before or after they went up two teeth on the rear sprocket...

|

8/28/2017 1:50 PM

captmoto wrote:

DonM wrote:

Was that before or after they went up two teeth on the rear sprocket...

Haha, I think it was stock.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

8/28/2017 2:07 PM

Here he is testing
Photo

|

8/28/2017 2:16 PM

captmoto wrote:

MXA's first impression was confusing to say the least. They did say that. They also pointed to many things that were actually much different than the 17. They contradicted themselves and other reviews a lot. To me it seemed like their idea of the bike was set before riding it.

You can watch the Vital, Racer X, TWMX, Keefer tested and other's reviews. They have consistent opinions that do not match MXA's.

|

8/28/2017 3:20 PM

captmoto wrote:

MXA has their head so far up their ass that they need clear plastic installed on their stomachs to see where they are going...to them, all bikes are 10cc of fork oil and 1-2 teeth on the rear sprocket away from their "hardcore racing" standard. Jody is stuck in 1973, and their web content is like getting USA Today three days from now.

|

8/29/2017 5:04 AM

Hopefully the new bike will help erase the 6 seconds a lap deficit he had last weekend...

|

8/29/2017 7:31 AM

omalley wrote:

MXA has their head so far up their ass that they need clear plastic installed on their stomachs to see where they are going...to them, all bikes are 10cc of fork oil and 1-2 teeth on the rear sprocket away from their "hardcore racing" standard. Jody is stuck in 1973, and their web content is like getting USA Today three days from now.

The hardcore racing" part always makes me laugh. And the powerband builds to a nice "crescendo." I swear sometimes with Jody you read one review you read them all. I do enjoy his technical insight about the mechanicals of the machine though.

|

8/29/2017 7:41 AM

He looks comfortable.

|

8/29/2017 7:44 AM

captmoto wrote:

Sheriff245 wrote:

MXA's first impression was confusing to say the least. They did say that. They also pointed to many things that were actually much different than the 17. They contradicted themselves and other reviews a lot. To me it seemed like their idea of the bike was set before riding it.

You can watch the Vital, Racer X, TWMX, Keefer tested and other's reviews. They have consistent opinions that do not match MXA's.

Agreed.

They are KTM fanboys and if nothing feels or works like one they hate it.

|

8/29/2017 7:55 AM

captmoto wrote:

Sheriff245 wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:

Agreed.

They are KTM fanboys and if nothing feels or works like one they hate it.

MXA=KTMCROSS ACTION

|

8/29/2017 7:59 AM

Brent wrote:

Hopefully the new bike will help erase the 6 seconds a lap deficit he had last weekend...

......ouch! That bike isn't gonna help that much.

|

8/29/2017 10:20 AM

I hope he finds success with the new bike and second year in the class. Otherwise it's going to be a long year...

|