Webb just let everyone know how he feels about the track builders

Related:
Create New Tag

2/16/2019 2:24 PM

Hard to not agree with him tho, seems the tracks are just always the same. Does Ralph not get that there are 14 riders within a second because of how simple and one lined the track is? Props to webb for letting it all out!

|

2/16/2019 2:25 PM

What did they take out between first and second practice?

|

2/16/2019 2:26 PM

Jimmy638 wrote:

What did they take out between first and second practice?

Not sure exactly but the track doesn’t look near as tough as it was. Whoops look non existent too.

|

2/16/2019 2:27 PM

That track sucks tonight. Dirt looks awesome but layout sucks. Could have been a good track with dirt they have

|

2/16/2019 2:29 PM

nc97 wrote:

That track sucks tonight. Dirt looks awesome but layout sucks. Could have been a good track with dirt they have

The track map looked really good too. Idk guess they went away from it.

|

2/16/2019 2:36 PM

Yeah, I noticed that. He pretty much shit all over the track build right off the bat in his interview. And doubled down on it shortly after. Yes he’s absolutely right but seemed kinda Whiney about it. Track was super easy and one lined last weekend and he won so obviously it’s not that bad for him.

|

2/16/2019 2:37 PM

Just said that they went out there and made everything easy and that it’s extremely one lined. Except he said that about 3 times... They need to make these damn whoops bigger

|

2/16/2019 2:55 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong but does dirtworks guys design the tracks or do higher up people tell them what they can and can’t do as well as what to change each weekend?

|

2/16/2019 2:57 PM

They changed the rollers before the finish line. Smaller and they took one completely out. Made that section alone about .5 faster

|

2/16/2019 3:47 PM

Are they using a replacement for lime yet? Limes primary use is for drying the dirt a small amount so they can get it to a high compaction value (up to 100%). Without lime or a suitable replacement maybe they just feel they won’t get the track to hold up to the four strokes. Getting cross rutted on a jump face is a rider safety concern they may be trying to avoid?

|

2/16/2019 3:52 PM

Sounds like it will be boring follow the leader racing again

|

2/16/2019 3:57 PM

One of those nights we may see who is willing to force something...points leaders gonna tiptoe? BamBam in the house?

|

2/16/2019 4:19 PM

The rhythm after the start has been giving everyone fits to hit just right but there’s only 1 way to do it quickly so it’ll be one lined. Track sucks balls. They’ve rebuilt the whoops but they’ll be gone by the mains.

|

2/16/2019 4:22 PM

What he meant to say was that Webb is a whiny bitch who is kicking ass in SX this year.wink

|

2/16/2019 4:29 PM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong but does dirtworks guys design the tracks or do higher up people tell them what they can and can’t do ...more

It may have changed but I'm pretty sure at least a couple of the actual DW guys design the tracks. I'm assuming they get some approval or all meet on it. But they've done it long enough that they also probably have a bit of freedom and trust that they'll stay within the bounds of what Feld's insurance will allow.

The way the lanes go tonight, it's almost exactly identical to how Glen Dale was this year. So, it doesn't seem that they are being very creative. However, these guys are all pro's, equipped with tech like the LitPro, and will find the one fastest line. Making the track one lined. Unless they make it extremely dangerous, and then DW track crew will catch flack for that too.

|

2/16/2019 4:38 PM

Banning litpro and dartfish makes more sense than the cbd ban.

|

2/16/2019 4:49 PM

This is Feld showing the riders what a track without lime looks like. They know they fucked up in San Diego, but this track is what we get till next week.

|

2/16/2019 5:18 PM

No, what I was trying to say was that he was right, but everyone is racing on the same track tonight. It’s the same level playing field for everyone. While he’s right, he seemed to be upset about it. I think it’s cool that someone is calling it out though, last weeks track was pretty boring IMO.

|

2/16/2019 5:50 PM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong but does dirtworks guys design the tracks or do higher up people tell them what they can and can’t do ...more

I have been watching the Dirtwurx Vblogs and they have blueprints they are following.

|

2/16/2019 5:59 PM

logan_140 wrote:

Hard to not agree with him tho, seems the tracks are just always the same. Does Ralph not get that there are 14 riders within ...more

That may be true but I think that is actually in his favor

|

2/17/2019 3:49 PM

I don't see it as whining, we I go to a track and it has been changed to make it easier, therefore more one lined, I don't like it either. These guys are the best in the world and make money by making passes, they need something to challenge them.

|

2/17/2019 4:23 PM

I would like to see the priority of track designs to maximize passing. Don't care about what obstacles are removed, max passing and battling to me is the most thrilling.

|

2/17/2019 4:50 PM

logan_140 wrote:

Hard to not agree with him tho, seems the tracks are just always the same. Does Ralph not get that there are 14 riders within ...more

You get the best finish ever in Supercross and you want to bitch about it?

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart