Webb is a 10th place guy

1/21/2018 10:49am
zehn wrote:
No shit he’s a 10th place guy. Put down the Kool-aid
Used to be "better than Herlings." Remember that shit?
Crush
1/21/2018 8:43pm
I wanna hear more about this fight he and Barcia had... The Pulp race review chatted it briefly but nothing more.

They're both pretty hot-headed but I didn't see any on-track collisions between them?
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
1/21/2018 8:50pm
In moto 2, Barcia squared up under Cooper in the corner before the finish and looked back whipped over the finish with some attitude.

Then in moto 3, Barcia tried the same pass, and Cooper blocked him, then went inside after the finish to block the crossover pass and he hesitated (not sure if he hit neutral?) and Barcia ran into him, Barcia and Martin passed Cooper. Cooper didn't fall, but got out of shape.

Barcia was going forward in all 3 motos.

The Shop

Crush
1/21/2018 8:56pm
In moto 2, Barcia squared up under Cooper in the corner before the finish and looked back whipped over the finish with some attitude. Then in...
In moto 2, Barcia squared up under Cooper in the corner before the finish and looked back whipped over the finish with some attitude.

Then in moto 3, Barcia tried the same pass, and Cooper blocked him, then went inside after the finish to block the crossover pass and he hesitated (not sure if he hit neutral?) and Barcia ran into him, Barcia and Martin passed Cooper. Cooper didn't fall, but got out of shape.

Barcia was going forward in all 3 motos.
Was it on the broadcast? I may or may not have been pretty boozy yesterday!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
1/21/2018 9:22pm
Crush wrote:
Nope. Just watched again specifically for that and nothing.
hamncheeze
1/21/2018 9:25pm
Man this version of Cooper is hard to watch. I've been a fan ever since I saw him ride the amateur all-stars at MEC. He just seems tentative and very non-confident in what the bike will do. It's crazy to watch him on the 450 and then go back and watch him in 2015 or 2016 on the 250 and see how incredibly well he could ride Supercross on that bike. The guy that owned everyone those years is still in there, he has to be. He just needs anything positive right now to get moving things forward.

Any chance his deal to KTM for 2019 is already done?
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
1/21/2018 9:29pm
Crush wrote:
I was there sitting in front of the finish line section.
Crush
1/21/2018 10:19pm
Crush wrote:
I was there sitting in front of the finish line section.
Dammit. They need to do something about how much action they miss... add a couple more producers to the team and have them cutting different versions of the race vision at the same time so we don't miss stuff.

Every time you hear the crowd going nuts and don't see anything or even worse we're watching a replay of the start, because, you know, we haven't fucking seen that before... drives me nuts!
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
1/21/2018 10:27pm
Crush wrote:
Dammit. They need to do something about how much action they miss... add a couple more producers to the team and have them cutting different versions...
Dammit. They need to do something about how much action they miss... add a couple more producers to the team and have them cutting different versions of the race vision at the same time so we don't miss stuff.

Every time you hear the crowd going nuts and don't see anything or even worse we're watching a replay of the start, because, you know, we haven't fucking seen that before... drives me nuts!
Totally drives me nuts too. So many times they cut away right before a pass happens.

I get it's tough to direct and call the race, but there's people out there that can call passes and what will happen coming up just based on knowledge of the sport. If you watch the NFL, Tony Romo ( the just retired Dallas Cowboy QCool is now the lead commentator for CBS and he's calling the plays before it happens. People are amazed by it, but when you know, you know.

With the new format they have time between motos to do highlights and replays. They need to have a separate crew like NASCAR and NFL that can do the half time/post race highlights and analysis. That way there is no missed coverage.
Crush
1/21/2018 11:02pm
Yeah it's a bummer but it's not a new issue. I wander how much input Feld has into it?

A second team would definitely work... but maybe cost would be it. But whatever man, it would be to their benefit to show a better product.

It's interesting what you say about when you know... I feel like they often cut away from riders battling as soon as a pass is made... but pretty much most riders would know one of the best times to pass is when you've just been passed. There is so often action there, even if it's just an attempt.

And I definitely don't give a shit about the holeshot replay unless there is a massive pile-up, especially in slow-mo, because we've all seen it before.
calcoast
1/22/2018 2:02am
On the SF Giants broadcast they have a “high home” shot. It shows the whole field. Feld needs to do somthing like this. Maybe have it as a feed on their online package. I would be dope to watch the whole race as if your in the upper deck.

Or maybe a couple stationary cameras scattered around the track you can switch between.

As for Webb I think he’ll eventually figure it out. Maybe the YZ450 just isn’t for him.
TXDirt
1/22/2018 4:20am
Sports can be very fickle. One minute you are dialed in and it feels like nothing can stop you.

The next minute just seems like nothing is going right.

Then you lose your confidence.

Then shit just snowballs from there.

Happens to golfers, field goal kicks, baseball players. Etc all the time.

Coop just needs to grind through this and train and practice and test and hopefully he pulls through this and we will see the rider he is capable of being.

Anyone who is taking personal shots at him, dissing his choice of a girlfriend, etc really should take a look in the mirror. You probably won’t though because you won’t like what you see.
dcg141
1/22/2018 5:48am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2018 5:54am
Form the outside looking in it just seems he isn't comfortable on a 450. His style on the 250 was to kind of manhandle them. Its hard to do that on a 450 unless your a big guy. May be he will adapt in time. He possibly could be a candidate to ride a 350. I believe if he lined up on a 250 next week his overall results would improve.
Gixxxerboy
1/22/2018 6:17am
mxtryon231 wrote:
what a sport. You can be the 10th best guy (in the world at Supercross) on one random night, and you're shit? 10th best current guy...
what a sport.

You can be the 10th best guy (in the world at Supercross) on one random night, and you're shit?

10th best current guy in any other professional sport is pretty much a hall of famer.

Maybe lighten up and realize that these guys are humans, who have to race 450cc motorcycles around man-made sketchy af tracks at a faster pace than any of us can fathom riding/practicing/racing at..

Add on top of that: injuries, sicknesses, mechanical issues, having a migraine, things not going your way..

you know, those things you get to call out of work for?

Yeah. He's a 10th place guy... and you'd sell your left testicle to even make the main.
Couldn't have said it better. Even the guy that finishes in last place would lap your fastest riders at your local track! None of these guys are scrubs by any means. Web just has to get things figured out. I don't think switching rides is gunna yield him into a top 5 guy because the field is loaded with talent.
BobKerr
1/22/2018 7:29am
Webb A2:
Main Event 1: 10th
Main Event 2: 7th
Main Event 3: 11th

Barcia A2:
Main Event 1: 8th
Main Event 2: 5th
Main Event 3: 9th

Barcia beat Webb every race, and is 3rd in the points while Webb is 9th.

Post a reply to: Webb is a 10th place guy

The Latest