Webb crash, condition update?

mhog
2/23/2020 6:27am
No kidding, at first I thought this was a WWE forum. Despite how hard concrete is vs compact dirt, how tough someone is on the keyboard, whether they do or don’t work in an office, I’m glad Webb is going to be ok. We lost a few to injuries already, so I’m glad to see one of the front runners able to continue. As fellow riders, I never understand any hate when a rider gets hurt, whether you pull for them or not.
Rhr143
2/23/2020 6:45am
He's not gonna want to take a dump this morning!
That's gotta Sting!!
Press516
Fantasy
126th
2/23/2020 6:55am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2020 6:58am
I figured you wouldn't know the difference, but since you do you should know better. Compacted dirt vs concrete on your back is not a big...
I figured you wouldn't know the difference, but since you do you should know better. Compacted dirt vs concrete on your back is not a big difference. And if you think it is, maybe that's why you are working in the dirt.
Shut up you moran.
I love it when people try to insult one another on here and can’t even use the correct term 😂
Hmmm... 1600+ posts even. I guess post count doesn't automatically remove you from noob status.

But you got it now... Wink Welcome to the club. ( I did it too, some time ago)
bvm111
2/23/2020 7:04am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2020 7:05am
I figured you wouldn't know the difference, but since you do you should know better. Compacted dirt vs concrete on your back is not a big...
I figured you wouldn't know the difference, but since you do you should know better. Compacted dirt vs concrete on your back is not a big difference. And if you think it is, maybe that's why you are working in the dirt.
Shut up you moran.
I love it when people try to insult one another on here and can’t even use the correct term 😂
I love it when people try to act smart but really have no clue what they are talking about... you Moran Smile

The Shop

Gworm
2/23/2020 7:17am
just James wrote:
Seems that this thread got weird after I went to bed, and then got even more weirder (sic) when some comments apparently got deleted, making later...
Seems that this thread got weird after I went to bed, and then got even more weirder (sic) when some comments apparently got deleted, making later comments make no sense at all.
I am really glad to hear that Webb is basically just bruised up.

On another note, Webb has been vocal about his faith in God, and I can't understand people criticizing comments which back him up in this area. If you believe differently, that is your business, but mocking and criticizing the faith of others is as classless as it gets.
I agree... seems like religion is off the table to talk about unless you want to do a drive by and criticize someone for their beliefs.
Momus
2/23/2020 7:32am
Bruce372 wrote:
Is it concrete or wooden boards that they cover the grass with?
Looked like the plywood lining boards in 8 x 4 sheets.
resetjet
2/23/2020 7:49am
Yukon cornelius said hes got a little bit of bumble in him and bumbles bounce. Great news!!!!
gt80rider
2/23/2020 7:50am
Sorry to bring this thread back on topic... But... What upper body/back protector does Webb wear?? Think I need to pick one up....
kkawboy14
2/23/2020 7:52am
gt80rider wrote:
Sorry to bring this thread back on topic... But... What upper body/back protector does Webb wear?? Think I need to pick one up....
Nothing that covers his butt to the middle of his back.
My guess is that Tuesday will hurt more than today.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
2/23/2020 8:04am
just James wrote:
Seems that this thread got weird after I went to bed, and then got even more weirder (sic) when some comments apparently got deleted, making later...
Seems that this thread got weird after I went to bed, and then got even more weirder (sic) when some comments apparently got deleted, making later comments make no sense at all.
I am really glad to hear that Webb is basically just bruised up.

On another note, Webb has been vocal about his faith in God, and I can't understand people criticizing comments which back him up in this area. If you believe differently, that is your business, but mocking and criticizing the faith of others is as classless as it gets.
Gworm wrote:
I agree... seems like religion is off the table to talk about unless you want to do a drive by and criticize someone for their beliefs.
Religion should be like politics around here, forbidden!
APLMAN99
2/23/2020 8:22am
Typical compressive strength of compacted earth: 10-34 psi Typical compressive strength of concrete: 3000-5000 psi My conclusion is I would rather land on dirt than concrete...
Typical compressive strength of compacted earth: 10-34 psi
Typical compressive strength of concrete: 3000-5000 psi
My conclusion is I would rather land on dirt than concrete.
None of this matters since Cooper landed on plywood with a layer of artificial turf under it.
They roll up the turf for non-football events in Arlington, leaving concrete. There is a layer of plywood placed on that.
Just watched a time lapse of them converting to basketball, and it sure looked like they covered the grass. 2 layers of covering, actually, before they began assembling the basketball court and the extra stands.

I’d think that growing sod pieces “back together” would be much more time consuming than patching the few areas that may get damaged.

APLMAN99
2/23/2020 8:29am
Can’t say I’ve ever been the biggest Webb fan, but after watching that again if he races next week that’ll be one of the tougher moves in recent MX history that I can remember. I’m thankful that the bike didn’t straight pile drive him into the floor deeper, too.

Tough crash, but glad that he’s (relatively) okay. That had the potential to be a career ender/life changer.
jmc2
Fantasy
1679th
2/23/2020 8:56am
Heck of a get off for sure, glad he is ok. Tough kid
jeffro503
2/23/2020 8:59am
jmc2 wrote:
Heck of a get off for sure, glad he is ok. Tough kid
Hey Jmc!!! Yep , good to hear Coop will be ok. I bet he'll be sore for a few weeks , but knowing how gritty that kid is , I have a feeling he'll be back next week.
Hallzilla
2/23/2020 9:39am
A deep bone bruise can be just as, or more painful than a break. He's gonna be super sore.
resetjet
2/23/2020 9:55am
Man 6 pages and i am still confused about the chemical makeup and hardness of “the surface”. That coop hit. Plus did anyone even mention factors like the relevant wind, ground speed, and the rotation of the earth?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/23/2020 10:20am
slipdog wrote:
That's great news that he's just bruised not broken. I assume "deep bone bruise" is something that will linger for a while though. Now, can somebody...
That's great news that he's just bruised not broken. I assume "deep bone bruise" is something that will linger for a while though.

Now, can somebody please fill me in on the action I missed around page 2-3 that appears to have been deleted? Maybe I just need to finish my coffee and re-read...
Some guy came in with the following message and it escalated from there.

2/23/2020 10:22am
So now Webb doesn't have a lot to lose... do we see a different racing style from him? He can be a bit 'tough guy' if...
So now Webb doesn't have a lot to lose... do we see a different racing style from him? He can be a bit 'tough guy' if he wants and Ken & Eli will give him a wide berth in fear of getting tangled up in something that could end in a fall.

Worth thinking about.
logan_140 wrote:
He did still finish 12th.. triple crown might have saved him if he’s good to go.. still think tomac will have One or 2 bad races.
You're right, he got lucky with that! Is that his 2nd 12th so far this year?
Racerman967
2/23/2020 12:21pm
Will be interesting to see if he is able to go in Atlanta. And if so how well he may do. If he misses and Tomas podiums he is out of the championship. Even at 26 back he has a huge hill to climb
SEEMEFIRST
2/23/2020 12:23pm
Typical compressive strength of compacted earth: 10-34 psi Typical compressive strength of concrete: 3000-5000 psi My conclusion is I would rather land on dirt than concrete...
Typical compressive strength of compacted earth: 10-34 psi
Typical compressive strength of concrete: 3000-5000 psi
My conclusion is I would rather land on dirt than concrete.
None of this matters since Cooper landed on plywood with a layer of artificial turf under it.
They roll up the turf for non-football events in Arlington, leaving concrete. There is a layer of plywood placed on that.
APLMAN99 wrote:
Just watched a time lapse of them converting to basketball, and it sure looked like they covered the grass. 2 layers of covering, actually, before they...
Just watched a time lapse of them converting to basketball, and it sure looked like they covered the grass. 2 layers of covering, actually, before they began assembling the basketball court and the extra stands.

I’d think that growing sod pieces “back together” would be much more time consuming than patching the few areas that may get damaged.

It's artificial turf in Arlington.
They roll it up and remove it.
They only put plywood down to protect the concrete from the bulldozers, and it doesn't go out to where Webb landed .

They may leave the turf down for basketball, I don't know, but I know for a fact they do for dirt events.

Rodeo, SX, Monster trucks, etc.
Nuffsaid
2/23/2020 1:29pm
Glad he landed on the soft concrete.
TXDirt
2/23/2020 2:55pm
That was a gnarly crash. Hope he is okay. Direct hit on concrete. Ugh.
APLMAN99
2/23/2020 3:15pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Just watched a time lapse of them converting to basketball, and it sure looked like they covered the grass. 2 layers of covering, actually, before they...

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
It's artificial turf in Arlington. They roll it up and remove it. They only put plywood down to protect the concrete from the bulldozers, and it...
They only put plywood down to protect the concrete from the bulldozers, and it doesn't go out to where Webb landed .

They may leave the turf down for basketball, I don't know, but I know for a fact they do for dirt events.

Just saw a better video. The first one was a time lapse and didn’t show them rolling, but another searched showed it and it was pretty impressive!

Definitely can’t do that with most ‘field turf’ type of surface.

I keep forgetting that they scaled back on the grass surface for that stadium. The original plans had the grass stadium floor being rolled out of one end of the stadium like they ended up doing at the (I think) newer Phoenix stadium.
2/23/2020 3:26pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2020 3:32pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
It's artificial turf in Arlington. They roll it up and remove it. They only put plywood down to protect the concrete from the bulldozers, and it...

They remove the Cowboy's turf for all events, even soccer and football events that are on turf.

Here is the field change for the Cotton Bowl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVYFsL_IT8g&t=44s
jcp411
2/23/2020 3:36pm
resetjet wrote:
Man 6 pages and i am still confused about the chemical makeup and hardness of “the surface”. That coop hit. Plus did anyone even mention factors...
Man 6 pages and i am still confused about the chemical makeup and hardness of “the surface”. That coop hit. Plus did anyone even mention factors like the relevant wind, ground speed, and the rotation of the earth?
Seriously it’s ridiculous!! I don’t care if it’s concrete, hard packed dirt or sand i don’t want to fall on it back first from any height!!! It’s really that simple. But it can’t be that simple on vital.
2/23/2020 4:20pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2020 4:21pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Some guy came in with the following message and it escalated from there. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/23/406257/s1200_Screenshot_20200223_000045_Chrome.jpg[/img]
Some guy came in with the following message and it escalated from there.

Mav, once again the MVP of vitalmx.
selous scout
Ft Victoria Rhodesia/ Jarrettsville Md/, MD US
Fantasy
3951st
2/23/2020 4:38pm
I've always loved the motocross community because as a kid going to the races, we all had fun. I remember riding our bmx bikes on the...
I've always loved the motocross community because as a kid going to the races, we all had fun. I remember riding our bmx bikes on the track before the races started. To be sure, there were some competitive moments, and at times we all let our tempers get the best of us. But in the end, it worked itself out.

But reading some of the social media comments (not here but on fb, Insta) on Webb has left a bad taste in my mouth. People laughing at his crash, an end to his title hopes, and making memes about the "Webb Wagon". Pretty disgusting, and I gotta say, not something I would want my non-moto friends to see.

I really hope Webb has a quick recovery, and hasn't sustained any serious injuries.
Love Vital, but I also feel that a lot of the prose here is subject to 12 to 14 year old bloody wet behind the ears arsewipe unchecked and cartt' Blanche that have not a clue about our Sport. All these guys give a piece of their soul and drive to entertain us at a high level which very few can accomplish, unless you can do better than them chill out China and let do their thing.
hillbilly
2/23/2020 4:49pm
Best meltdowns on the internet are on moto boards

Freshdirt had some of the best then continued on motodrive
Ken202
Fantasy
1476th
2/23/2020 4:50pm
Reminded me of the big thick lower back/butt pad that was in my race pants,... back in the late 70’s. Thick hip pads too. You Old Schoolers probably remember. Then over the years these pads got thinner and thinner.

Not that it’d eliminated CW’s injury. But that hard hit brought it to mind.
Moto Norcal
2/23/2020 4:54pm
Does Webb wear some kind of under-jersey protector? it looks like he does. Maybe he wears the undershorts with plastic inserts (I do)- that seems like it would make a huge difference in that situation.

Post a reply to: Webb crash, condition update?

The Latest