Webb at Southwick

Related:
Create New Tag

7/14/2017 1:22 PM

Not trying to take anything away from Deano's popular podium finish..

but Webb would have been on the podium if he had the magic button..

Does he have to wait til the 2018s are on showroom floors to race it?

I'm not sure if they showed any of it on TV, (because I was at the race), but Webb was getting squeezed off the track by a lapper prior to his bike stalling. Webb gave the guy an extended dose of rev limiter to let him know he was there, then it seemed that the bike just quit. He coasted into the next turn and kicked, and kicked, and kicked...etc. I almost thought he blew it up. Then it finally fired after Deano and a couple others (Seely and Devalos?) went by.
I was gutted for him.
Anyway, great ride Cooper.. both motos..
Here's a few pics I got of him.
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Name withheld... Esquire


7/14/2017 2:38 PM

I was told he'd be on it after the break...I'm not sure if they meant this weekend break or the one after Washougal.

|

7/14/2017 2:39 PM

ML512 wrote:

I was told he'd be on it after the break...I'm not sure if they meant this weekend break or the one after Washougal.

Also, they could have the magic button on their 17s like Rinaldi has had in the GPs for a few years...but they chose not to.

|

7/14/2017 2:47 PM

ML512 wrote:

Also, they could have the magic button on their 17s like Rinaldi has had in the GPs for a few years...but they chose not to.

Thanks for the info Michael. When I saw his bike had a kick start during morning practice, I thought maybe he didn't like the feel, or the balance of the bike with the battery and starter installed.
I hope he really shines on the 18 when he gets it out there. I'm a fan of the #2 on a Yamaha., probably a Hannah 1978 thing... Now if only it were Yellow.

|

Name withheld... Esquire


7/14/2017 3:06 PM

If the bike wouldn't start with the kick starter why would it start with an electric starter?

|

7/14/2017 3:19 PM

Swann wrote:

If the bike wouldn't start with the kick starter why would it start with an electric starter?

It would start quicker with the starter, and he would have wasted a lot less energy kicking the pig. Don't delete my post, it's just a joke smile

|

7/14/2017 4:06 PM

Swann wrote:

If the bike wouldn't start with the kick starter why would it start with an electric starter?

It restarted. I wouldn't call his restart efforts particularly speedy, though.

Kick, kick, kick...get off...find neutral...get back on...kick, kick...

|

7/15/2017 9:48 AM

2017 and the Starter are the least of his problems.

|

7/15/2017 10:06 AM

Yea counting all that money is the real bitch

|

7/15/2017 10:10 AM

Nothing like kicking a 450 repeatedly when you're tired....oof.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

7/16/2017 9:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2017 9:34 AM

ML512 wrote:

I was told he'd be on it after the break...I'm not sure if they meant this weekend break or the one after Washougal.

ML512 wrote:

Also, they could have the magic button on their 17s like Rinaldi has had in the GPs for a few years...but they chose not to.

Steve125 wrote:

Thanks for the info Michael. When I saw his bike had a kick start during morning practice, I thought maybe he didn't like the feel, or the balance of the bike with the battery and starter installed.
I hope he really shines on the 18 when he gets it out there. I'm a fan of the #2 on a Yamaha., probably a Hannah 1978 thing... Now if only it were Yellow.

Agree

|