Webb and KTM

7/17/2019 2:21am
Yami593 wrote:
Enough about GL. Who besides me wishes Webb was still with the Blu Cru?
Where is a dirt bike ramp when you need it?
BernieMadof
7/17/2019 5:52am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Curious to know why you wish he was still on Yamaha? First year on KTM and he's already done better than all his years combined at...
Curious to know why you wish he was still on Yamaha?

First year on KTM and he's already done better than all his years combined at Yamaha (big bike).
Yami593 wrote:
I just feel like he grew up with Yamaha and Blu Cru shaped who he is. It was just a little upsetting to see him bail...
I just feel like he grew up with Yamaha and Blu Cru shaped who he is. It was just a little upsetting to see him bail on his roots I guess. Don’t get me wrong, I will always root for Coop no matter what though. He seems happier on KTM.
He grew up ridding hondas and ktms....
ti473
7/17/2019 5:54am
Hey OP, I know of a sweet jump at Fox raceway... You should give it a shot

The Shop

Press516
Fantasy
90th
7/17/2019 9:11am
Yami593 wrote:
I know for a fact when we were riding amateurs at Loretta’s he was with Yamaha. I’m glad you guys think you know it all. Probably...
I know for a fact when we were riding amateurs at Loretta’s he was with Yamaha. I’m glad you guys think you know it all. Probably a bunch of Novice class riders on here. Remember you have to win at least 3 races in Novice or ride it for 2 consecutive seasons before moving up to Intermediate.

Sully22
7/17/2019 11:07am
In no way am I sticking up for the OP, because I dont agree with their assessment, and anyone that’s been around this sport knows Webb Raced Honda’s most of his amateur years, and he’s been killing it on the KTM so why would he wanna be on a Yamaha after two miserable years there (450)... but Webb was on Yamaha in 2012 at Loretta’s, that was somehow left off the previous pic from the vault...

Trevor91
7/17/2019 5:04pm
OP must've been bored as hell yesterday. Started this awful thread and was trying to throw GL out of the booth
colonel
7/18/2019 11:18am
I think if Cooper had the structure he has now on the Yamaha he would produce the results he is getting on the KTM. The transition from 250 to 450 is not a easy one and none of the Yamaha (Star 250) riders so far (Webb and Plessinger) have delivered what they did on the 250 when going 450 Factory.

Yes, Plessinger got hurt, but his average SX finish was 12th and a best of 5th and 17-11 in MX so far.

That is the missing key at Yamaha in terms of the natural progression transitioning to the big bike class that they do not get right for whatever reason.
RMT
7/18/2019 4:20pm
[b][i]Fun Fact: [/i][/b]Blu Cru is Yamaha's [b][i]amateur program[/i] [/b] that was started in 2014 - when Cooper was already a pro rider. The pride of McLoud...
Fun Fact: Blu Cru is Yamaha's amateur program that was started in 2014 - when Cooper was already a pro rider.

The pride of McLoud, Oklahoma right here folks

You sure bLU cRU is only for amateurs?

7/18/2019 4:25pm
RMT wrote:
You sure bLU cRU is only for amateurs? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/18/360985/s1200_rossi.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/18/360986/s1200_JB.jpg[/img]
You sure bLU cRU is only for amateurs?

Yes, I am sure.

https://www.yamaha-racing.com/more/bluecru_concept

Yamaha’s bLU cRU programme is a platform to support the next generation of young riding talent in both road and off-road racing. The platform creates a professional environment that is used to encourage, nurture and build tomorrow’s racing stars through the guidance and unparalleled experience of the Yamaha Racing world.

The bLU cRU platform is also represented at the pinnacle of each global racing discipline contested by Yamaha. Yamaha Racing’s top Official riders in MXGP, Enduro, Dakar, WorldSBK, WorldSSP and Endurance have the responsibility of being bLU cRU Ambassadors. These elite racers stand as an example for the young racing generation of tomorrow, upholding key values for racing and manufacturer representation, including performance, education, dedication, respect and health and fitness. Their spirit of success and behaviour in the eyes of both the media and the racing fans sets the standard for the bLU cRU generation of tomorrow
endurox
7/19/2019 12:55pm
Same could be said about Johnson, Hannah, etc. These pro's have a short career. Why race a sub par bike and no chance of winning a big check after each race.
fourfourone
7/19/2019 1:55pm
endurox wrote:
Same could be said about Johnson, Hannah, etc. These pro's have a short career. Why race a sub par bike and no chance of winning a...
Same could be said about Johnson, Hannah, etc. These pro's have a short career. Why race a sub par bike and no chance of winning a big check after each race.
can you explain how the bike is "sub par"
endurox
7/19/2019 2:07pm
endurox wrote:
Same could be said about Johnson, Hannah, etc. These pro's have a short career. Why race a sub par bike and no chance of winning a...
Not the KTM, talking about the 450 Yamaha. Something not clicking with the elite racers here and the MXGP's on the 450's. The 250 Yamahas are great and the KTM 250 team is hurting. Management ?
Ray_MXS
7/19/2019 2:22pm
endurox wrote:
Not the KTM, talking about the 450 Yamaha. Something not clicking with the elite racers here and the MXGP's on the 450's. The 250 Yamahas are...
Not the KTM, talking about the 450 Yamaha. Something not clicking with the elite racers here and the MXGP's on the 450's. The 250 Yamahas are great and the KTM 250 team is hurting. Management ?
Which MXGP riders aren't clicking with the YZ450f you say?

Last time checked there was 3 of those in the top 5 in the standings and the 4th one won a moto two weeks ago.
RMT
7/19/2019 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 7/19/2019 2:32pm
endurox wrote:
endurox wrote:
Not the KTM, talking about the 450 Yamaha. Something not clicking with the elite racers here and the MXGP's on the 450's. The 250 Yamahas are...
No, its riders but maybe management has a part in it. It seems like when guys sign up for Husky/KTM they put in more effort, especially with the Baker Factory riders. Aldon has proven his system works although it does seem to burn guys out quickly. Kinda a sell your soul to the Baker type of thing. Not sure if letting a late teen or twenty something rider put together his own training program vs. what the KTM/Husky squad does is ever going to work out well unless you have Roczen or Tomac type of natural talent.

Webb was pretty much nursing an injury the entire time he was riding the 450 Yami and before he got hurt he did pretty well early on riding the YZ450F. That and he was dealing with girly issues and who knows what else while being the teammate of one the most finicky guys in the series (Reed). I doubt he got much help there.

The guys in Europe seem to go pretty fast and everyone claims that is the harder series so where is the logic that the Yamaha is a crappy bike? As far as the KTM 250, Marv went pretty well on one and so does Prado. Yamaha doesnt really win much in Europe in the 250 class so go figure.
Racer111
7/19/2019 2:54pm
zehn wrote:
OP is obviously a huge Yamaha nut gobbler
Until he gets on the 450! Then he will be looking at one of the other 5!! TongueLaughingLaughing
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
7/20/2019 9:01pm
It ain't the bike. Looking at the top 5-10 riders in both of the premier race series: YZ250Fs in the US, doing very well. YZ250Fs in the MXGP's doing just ok. YZ450s in the MXGPs, doing very well. YZ450s in the US, not so much. KTM 250SXFs in the MXGPs, doing very well. KTM250SXFs in the US, not so much. KTM 450s in the US, pretty doing good. KTM450s in the MXGP, doing just so-so.

We're in a sport where fractions of a second on +2 min lap times determine winners and losers. Details matter. Rider, team, bike set up, trainers, training, etc. It's a program, not a product. It ain't the bike, especially the stock form of the bike.
7/20/2019 9:18pm
I know this isn't really what this thread is about but I just wanted to say Webb was a beast today! He's a decent chunk of points back but I would hardly say anything is over as we know what happens when he gets confident.

Also, surprisingly that is only the second time this year someone has gone 1-1 in the 450 class.

Post a reply to: Webb and KTM

The Latest