Webb 21 vs Tomac 22

McG194
Who wins?

When Webb is on, like last year he is a freaking shark just circling his victims and finishing them off before he takes the checkered flag.

When Tomac is on, and he may be his best ever this year he has amazing speed and checks out.

I'm waffling:

I give the nod to Webb because he is somewhat like the Dunge and is just always there, not the best top end speed but is there at all times.

I give the nod to Tomac because he has next level speed this year and mentally seems to be in a better place than ever.
Poll

Who would win?

Choices
|
Juck
Fantasy
309th
3/30/2022 7:45am
How is this even a question
sjodin73
Fantasy
1088th
3/30/2022 7:47am
Well cant realy compare and Tomac next lvl speed? The only 2 guys that could run with him has been off all year so he just beats the guys he normaly crushes, does he look good yepp he does, but its nothing out of the ordinary imo
Ozy
3/30/2022 7:52am
How about this question: did Webb win last year because ET3 was just going through the motions?

Webb is a 2x AMA SX champion and this fact will never change
McG194
3/30/2022 8:08am
Juck wrote:
Question:
noun
A sentence worded or expressed so as to elicit information.

Tell me why it's not a question unless it's easier to be a jackass.

Both guys were dominant. Both styles have won over the other.

The Shop

3/30/2022 8:14am
Juck wrote:
McG194 wrote:
Question: noun A sentence worded or expressed so as to elicit information. Tell me why it's not a question unless it's easier to be a jackass...
Question:
noun

I think what Juck meant was: How could someone be so utterly simpleminded to even think this question worth asking because the answer is so dumbfoundingly obvious?

Now, I wouldn't say such a thing. I just think that might be what Juck meant.
McG194
3/30/2022 8:34am
Juck wrote:
McG194 wrote:
Question: noun A sentence worded or expressed so as to elicit information. Tell me why it's not a question unless it's easier to be a jackass...
Question:
noun

I think what Juck meant was: How could someone be so utterly simpleminded to even think this question worth asking because the answer is so dumbfoundingly...
I think what Juck meant was: How could someone be so utterly simpleminded to even think this question worth asking because the answer is so dumbfoundingly obvious?

I'm always amazed at the way people will talk to others online. I'm simply bench racing and I guarantee that nobody would be talking like that to me or anyone in person.

Because the obvious answer is Tomac has the speed and speed always wins just like Tomac had way more speed than Dungey in 2017 and won the most races if I recall correctly.

By the logic of saying it's a stupid question Stewart should have never lost a championship.
3/30/2022 8:38am
McG194 wrote:
Question:
noun

I think what Juck meant was: How could someone be so utterly simpleminded to even think this question worth asking because the answer is so dumbfoundingly...

McG194 wrote:
I'm always amazed at the way people will talk to others online. I'm simply bench racing and I guarantee that nobody would be talking like that...
I'm always amazed at the way people will talk to others online. I'm simply bench racing and I guarantee that nobody would be talking like that to me or anyone in person.

Because the obvious answer is Tomac has the speed and speed always wins just like Tomac had way more speed than Dungey in 2017 and won the most races if I recall correctly.

By the logic of saying it's a stupid question Stewart should have never lost a championship.
If you thought that was rough, you oughta hear the stuff I try to extrapolate from the things Juck says to his friends.
3/30/2022 8:41am
"Webb is a shark" is about at the level of, "they're bar to bar!" at this point to me.

Now that I got that off my chest...

Tomac..hands down. If you can't catch him you can't strategize to beat him. Tomac is flying.
Juck
Fantasy
309th
3/30/2022 8:44am
Juck wrote:
McG194 wrote:
Question:
noun

I'm saying that the answer is so obvious that you shouldn't need to ask
lisenbyjacob
3/30/2022 8:56am
I think it's a good question and it would have been a hell of a battle. I think people underestimate Webb's speed when he's on like he was last year. And I think people are misunderstanding the improvements Tomac has made this year. In my opinion it's more about the starts. One of my favorite races I've ever seen is one of the Salt Lakes when those two just kept stepping it up more and more and almost lapped the entire field trying to beat each other.
Joey_Bridges
3/30/2022 8:57am
McG194 wrote:
Question:
noun

McG194 wrote:
I'm always amazed at the way people will talk to others online. I'm simply bench racing and I guarantee that nobody would be talking like that...

Kind of like a recent Dean Wilson post.
The stupidity of saying a consistent top ten rider should give it up and focus on outdoors.
🤣😂🤣🤣
🥕🥕🥕🥕
zehn
3/30/2022 9:26am
Why are Webb fanboys always like this
Alex814
3/30/2022 9:35am
If you think 2021 Webb would be circling 2022 Tomac and taking him as victim you're high.
Bradshaw Fan
3/30/2022 9:54am
Seems clear Tomac was not happy in 2021 and I it was said somewhere Tomac started the 2019 season with a back injury. As for Roczen, he has had so many injuries I don't even know where to start.

How about Anderson, Stewart, and Sexton. All three of them are so fast right now.
McG194
3/30/2022 10:11am
zehn wrote:
Why are Webb fanboys always like this
I'm a fan of no rider because I'm a grown ass man, if anything Webb's personality has always bugged me a bit. Nothing major but he's never been a favorite. I listed Webb first because I didn't want to seem too pro Tomac.
McG194
3/30/2022 10:12am
Kind of like a recent Dean Wilson post. The stupidity of saying a consistent top ten rider should give it up and focus on outdoors. 🤣😂🤣🤣...
Kind of like a recent Dean Wilson post.
The stupidity of saying a consistent top ten rider should give it up and focus on outdoors.
🤣😂🤣🤣
🥕🥕🥕🥕
I have a stalker, isn't that cute.

Funny, I can't remember a thing you have ever said.
3/30/2022 10:16am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2022 10:19am
Who would win: 2022 Tomac in Indy, or 2022 Roczen at Anaheim 1? I'll start a new poll for this one.
USA
Fantasy
428th
3/30/2022 11:08am
Who would win a street fight, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or a taco?
3/30/2022 11:19am
USA wrote:
McG194
3/30/2022 11:36am
USA wrote:
Your mom
TheCRKid
3/30/2022 11:40am
Web was running with Tomac since he got on the KTM
but never really beating Tomac straight up even on his best days head to head
Tomac always struggled with starts on the Kawasaki but now he even has that figured out on the Yamaha
Please do not compare Web to Ryan Dungey
TheCRKid
3/30/2022 11:43am
I think it's a good question and it would have been a hell of a battle. I think people underestimate Webb's speed when he's on like...
I think it's a good question and it would have been a hell of a battle. I think people underestimate Webb's speed when he's on like he was last year. And I think people are misunderstanding the improvements Tomac has made this year. In my opinion it's more about the starts. One of my favorite races I've ever seen is one of the Salt Lakes when those two just kept stepping it up more and more and almost lapped the entire field trying to beat each other.
That was an epic battle !!
tomlopez
3/30/2022 11:47am
TheCRKid wrote:
Web was running with Tomac since he got on the KTM but never really beating Tomac straight up even on his best days head to head...
Tomac always struggled with starts on the Kawasaki but now he even has that figured out on the Yamaha
I didn't do it, but what's wrong with comparing Webb to Dungey? In terms of SX, they're pretty similar riders. Obviously Dungey was a much better MX rider but I don't think that's part of this discussion
tomlopez
3/30/2022 11:49am
I've always thought that Tomac at 100% is the best rider in America since Villopoto, and I do think he would beat Webb at 100%. However, some people seem to make Webb out to be some kind of slouch, probably because of recency bias. Webb at his best is a really, really great racer who can make up time on a rough, torn up track better than almost anyone else.
TheCRKid
3/30/2022 11:55am
Webb has been excellent in SX on the KTM until this year (Yamaha years not so much)
Dungey won multiple races and got numerous podiums every year in 450 SX
McG194
3/30/2022 12:44pm
TheCRKid wrote:
Web was running with Tomac since he got on the KTM but never really beating Tomac straight up even on his best days head to head...
The comparison of the two is valid because if you needed to win one race you most likely would pick other riders but if you needed to win a championship both would be good pics. Both amazingly fast riders but very unlikely to set fast lap time in qualifying.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
3/30/2022 1:08pm
We saw both of these Tomac and Webb at Daytona - Tomac's strongest track - and Webb nearly won. Tomac didn't blow buy him. Neck in neck under the right conditions. Webb is clearly injured now. Not taking anything from Tomac - seems to be able to match everyones speed well within his safety window. Webb crashing is not Tomac's fault.
3/30/2022 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2022 1:15pm
TheCRKid wrote:
"Please do not compare Web to Ryan Dungey." Thank you

Post a reply to: Webb 21 vs Tomac 22

The Latest