Webb

RonJon
2/11/2019 4:47am
Whats impressive to me is last week was a disaster and he rode like it didn't even phase him this week. I think he might have gotten over the mental hurdle that's been holding him back the past few years. I am really excited because Coop, Kenny, Marv, and Eli are going to shine on the east coast tracks. When was the last time we had a battle this close for the championship?!
drt410
2/11/2019 4:52am
Webb has shown he can beat the best, won his mx title with a broken hand, and has the aggression to make it happen. He has the intangibles of the next great. Plus his mental game is rock solid, Eli gets flustered Webb gets mad.
BobKerr
2/11/2019 5:03am
I kind of expected Webb to go ballz out on that first lap trying to pass Savatgy, and end up going down. His ride was epic. Kept calm, and applied the pressure mid race.
WW444
2/11/2019 10:06am
Racer111 wrote:
Again, a SX track and 4 years ago. I live in Charlotte and that track was an embarrassment for an MXGP track. You’re an idiot.
SX track? Huh? I don't want to get into the Herlings vs Webb deal but claiming Charlotte was a SX track is laughable. I mean where...
SX track? Huh? I don't want to get into the Herlings vs Webb deal but claiming Charlotte was a SX track is laughable. I mean where are the Supercross whoops, triples and berms that are a staple of pretty much every supercross track in the world?

Charlotte was a man made MX track similar to a number of the tracks the GP's have visited over the years such as Qatar or Pangkal Pinang which the MXGP riders undoubtedly have more experience riding on.
Racer111 wrote:
If you weren’t there, your opinion means shit. Even the RIDERS were saying it was more Supercross like than an outdoor. Webb was pumped about it...
If you weren’t there, your opinion means shit. Even the RIDERS were saying it was more Supercross like than an outdoor. Webb was pumped about it. A lot of others were not. I live exactly 6 miles from the place. It wasn’t anything like an MXGP track. Not sure what you’re smoking, but please pass it around.
If thats a SX track then I'm a SX champion. Get out of here with that b/s. We all see the same track you "saw in person" and its the same damn thing. We get it, you don't like Webb. But there is no denying he was the faster man that day.

The Shop

cbuehler767
2/11/2019 2:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2019 2:23pm
Webb was the best recent 250 champ since RV, he's found that form again and will continue to improve to get better, I think in a...
Webb was the best recent 250 champ since RV, he's found that form again and will continue to improve to get better, I think in a year's time if he stays healthy Eli will have nothing for him, Eli doesn't have the same mental drive as Webb.
Based on what? He won one outdoor title RV won 3. He's was dominant in SX on a 250 no doubt he's def stronger indoors. Eli will kill him outdoors
BobbyLight
2/11/2019 2:47pm
SX track? Huh? I don't want to get into the Herlings vs Webb deal but claiming Charlotte was a SX track is laughable. I mean where...
SX track? Huh? I don't want to get into the Herlings vs Webb deal but claiming Charlotte was a SX track is laughable. I mean where are the Supercross whoops, triples and berms that are a staple of pretty much every supercross track in the world?

Charlotte was a man made MX track similar to a number of the tracks the GP's have visited over the years such as Qatar or Pangkal Pinang which the MXGP riders undoubtedly have more experience riding on.
Racer111 wrote:
If you weren’t there, your opinion means shit. Even the RIDERS were saying it was more Supercross like than an outdoor. Webb was pumped about it...
If you weren’t there, your opinion means shit. Even the RIDERS were saying it was more Supercross like than an outdoor. Webb was pumped about it. A lot of others were not. I live exactly 6 miles from the place. It wasn’t anything like an MXGP track. Not sure what you’re smoking, but please pass it around.
WW444 wrote:
If thats a SX track then I'm a SX champion. Get out of here with that b/s. We all see the same track you "saw in...
If thats a SX track then I'm a SX champion. Get out of here with that b/s. We all see the same track you "saw in person" and its the same damn thing. We get it, you don't like Webb. But there is no denying he was the faster man that day.
Webb ran a faster lap time in both motos than any 450 did in both motos, except eli tomac. Yeah, he was flying.

https://www.vitalmx.com/news/news/Results-Sheet-2016-MXGP-of-Americas,4…
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
2/11/2019 5:00pm
Webb was the best recent 250 champ since RV, he's found that form again and will continue to improve to get better, I think in a...
Webb was the best recent 250 champ since RV, he's found that form again and will continue to improve to get better, I think in a year's time if he stays healthy Eli will have nothing for him, Eli doesn't have the same mental drive as Webb.
Based on what? He won one outdoor title RV won 3. He's was dominant in SX on a 250 no doubt he's def stronger indoors. Eli...
Based on what? He won one outdoor title RV won 3. He's was dominant in SX on a 250 no doubt he's def stronger indoors. Eli will kill him outdoors
Just like Eli was going to "kill" everyone in SX this year also? Or like he was going to "kill" the euros at Red Bud?
drt410
2/11/2019 5:12pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2019 5:16pm
Based on what? He won one outdoor title RV won 3. He's was dominant in SX on a 250 no doubt he's def stronger indoors. Eli...
He started outdoors though so the first season was his rookie season. Jmart was on fire then as defending champ. Then Webb won sx then came back with a broken hand and won that outdoor title.

He won sx, outdoor, sx, then moved up... no doubt he would have won outdoors again had he not moved up to 450s. He was only in the class a couple years and won 3 titles, JMart is still there, AC is still there and he had more titles than both combined.
Gus
2/11/2019 5:17pm
drt410 wrote:
He started outdoors though so the first season was his rookie season. Jmart was on fire then as defending champ. Then Webb won sx then came...
He started outdoors though so the first season was his rookie season. Jmart was on fire then as defending champ. Then Webb won sx then came back with a broken hand and won that outdoor title.

He won sx, outdoor, sx, then moved up... no doubt he would have won outdoors again had he not moved up to 450s. He was only in the class a couple years and won 3 titles, JMart is still there, AC is still there and he had more titles than both combined.
He won 15 SX , 16 SX/MX but yes he won MX with a broke wrist coming in
Ranman68
2/11/2019 5:28pm
yak651 wrote:
Don't know if Kenny is just being more patient, riding "scared" or lost a bit but doesn't seem to have the drive he had last year...
Don't know if Kenny is just being more patient, riding "scared" or lost a bit but doesn't seem to have the drive he had last year before his incident with Webb. Maybe it has to do with his BIL, but he's been up there on the starts and hasn't been able to do anything with it.
crowe176 wrote:
2 years ago, KR94 would have been running a train on these fools.. I'm happy he's out there ripping and still smiling and there's nobody I...
2 years ago, KR94 would have been running a train on these fools.. I'm happy he's out there ripping and still smiling and there's nobody I want to see win more..
Because he won one race by a big gap? Next race Dungey stalked him the whole time and then he got injured. I don't know where...
Because he won one race by a big gap? Next race Dungey stalked him the whole time and then he got injured. I don't know where this perceived dominance by him indoors comes from.
I agree. He only had one dominant win. He wasnt anywhere near leading in rd 3 when he bit it. I don't think he was any better then than he is now. He was just riding on the edge then. His end-o at the monster cup was bad too. He was just lucky to not get hurt then. I like Roczen, but I agree with you
Spudinki25
2/11/2019 5:41pm
TheLsho wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks Marvin has been the fastest guy every night except for Anaheim 1?
And glendale and A2 and San Diego and Minneapolis but I do get your point. Mav caught up to Webb while passing Eli, Ken, and Blake at Oakland and also really fast in qualifying
Ranman68
2/11/2019 5:45pm
Racer111 wrote:
GTFOH - Webb isn’t half of Herlings on an outdoor track. And no, the Charlotte MXGP isn’t anywhere close to an outdoor track. That was an...
GTFOH - Webb isn’t half of Herlings on an outdoor track. And no, the Charlotte MXGP isn’t anywhere close to an outdoor track. That was an outdoor SX track. Herlings would Lap Webb on a real outdoor track.
Racer111 wrote:
Again, a SX track and 4 years ago. I live in Charlotte and that track was an embarrassment for an MXGP track. You’re an idiot.
No it was far from being an sx track. A TT track is what it resembled. Smooth, flat, easy jumps, nothing technical. Not much of a motocross track I agree, but certainly not anything like an ama sx track. Webb was a match for Herlings on 250s even on a real mx track due to the fact that he was a very good 250 rider and being so light weight compared to Herlings. On 250s that makes a big difference. On 450s it was a totally different thing. Webb couldn't touch Herlings on 450s.
drt410
2/11/2019 5:55pm
Yea that was NOT an sx track.
Ranman68
2/11/2019 5:56pm
TheLsho wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks Marvin has been the fastest guy every night except for Anaheim 1?
Overall I say you may be right. He just isn't getting the starts and has made mistakes. In just pure speed though, I might agree.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
2/11/2019 6:03pm
Ranman68 wrote:
No it was far from being an sx track. A TT track is what it resembled. Smooth, flat, easy jumps, nothing technical. Not much of a...
No it was far from being an sx track. A TT track is what it resembled. Smooth, flat, easy jumps, nothing technical. Not much of a motocross track I agree, but certainly not anything like an ama sx track. Webb was a match for Herlings on 250s even on a real mx track due to the fact that he was a very good 250 rider and being so light weight compared to Herlings. On 250s that makes a big difference. On 450s it was a totally different thing. Webb couldn't touch Herlings on 450s.
Yep I'm sure that Factory KTM was struggling to pull Herlings fat azz around Laughing
Ranman68
2/11/2019 6:10pm
Racer111 wrote:
If the similarities are so glaringly obvious like you're making it seem than surely you should be able to explain them to us common folk. You...
If the similarities are so glaringly obvious like you're making it seem than surely you should be able to explain them to us common folk. You know, instead of just throwing out insults and accusations.
Jorgechavez you are totally right. There were zero rythim sections, deep whoops, or anything you see on a supercross track. It was also not at all tight. It makes no difference that this guy was there in person. It was more of a very basic, simple, non technical, flat mx track and very much like Qatar. Just turns and simple, non-steep jumps. It wasnt an impressive mx track, but in no way was it remotely close to a supercross track. No one had any advantage there. It was just dirt, turns, and simple jumps. No way for anyone to have an advantage. Webb can't touch Herlings on 450s outdoors, but that win he got that day on 250s was straight up and legit.
Ranman68
2/11/2019 6:28pm
What impresses me the most about Webb is how no one can pressure him into a mistake. I think his speed now is right up there with the best of them, but not necessarily the fastest yet. His speed is good enough though that nobody seems to be able to pass him unless he makes a mistake....but he hasnt made any. Unlike Savatgy and others who get rattled or tired, Webb doesn't. He is clearly fit and doesn't get rattled whether it's Tomac, Roczen, or Musquin on his ass lap after lap and they all have been at different times. He had the outright speed to maintain the position and never cracked under pressure. That is what impresses me the most. With that attribute and incredible starts like he seems to have consistently, if he makes any significant gains in raw speed, the rest are going to be in trouble. All Webb needs now is just a hair bit more speed and its a wrap. If he can stay injury free for a while I think thats going to be the case.
JMR1976
2/11/2019 6:35pm
Herlings would lap Cooper on a sand track.
zehn
2/11/2019 6:40pm
JMR1976 wrote:
Cool story bro
Racer111
2/11/2019 6:52pm
Racer111 wrote:
If the similarities are so glaringly obvious like you're making it seem than surely you should be able to explain them to us common folk. You...
If the similarities are so glaringly obvious like you're making it seem than surely you should be able to explain them to us common folk. You know, instead of just throwing out insults and accusations.
If you pull Webb’s nuts away from your eyes and actually watch the MXGP in Charlotte, you’ll see what I mean. If not you can even read this article. Here’s a paragraph from it.......

One look at the track map reveals how narrow the layout will be. That’s not a sticking point for the casual fan who is happy enough to sit in the grandstands and see most of the action front and center (think Supercross). However, the motocross purist will be none too pleased to see the Charlotte MXGP layout.“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/motocrossactionmag.com/amp/one-photo-one-s…
JMR1976
2/11/2019 6:53pm
JMR1976 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Cool story bro
Webb would lap Jeffery on last weekends SX track.
Ranman68
2/11/2019 7:55pm
JMR1976 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Cool story bro
JMR1976 wrote:
Webb would lap Jeffery on last weekends SX track.
It wouldn't just be Webb who lapped him, a dozen other guys would too.
Ranman68
2/11/2019 8:01pm
JMR1976 wrote:
Bullshit. He would beat Webb and pull a big gap on Webb no doubt, but lap Webb? Fuck no he wouldnt. Webb WOULD lap Herlings on an ama supercross track any day of the week though. Not just Webb. A dozen others would. Whats your point with that irrelevant shit? If people are talking about Webb and ama supercross, what the fuck does Herlings and sand have to do with it?
JMR1976
2/11/2019 8:17pm
JMR1976 wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
Bullshit. He would beat Webb and pull a big gap on Webb no doubt, but lap Webb? Fuck no he wouldnt. Webb WOULD lap Herlings on...
Bullshit. He would beat Webb and pull a big gap on Webb no doubt, but lap Webb? Fuck no he wouldnt. Webb WOULD lap Herlings on an ama supercross track any day of the week though. Not just Webb. A dozen others would. Whats your point with that irrelevant shit? If people are talking about Webb and ama supercross, what the fuck does Herlings and sand have to do with it?
Breathe. Just giving a opinion.
Ranman68
2/11/2019 8:47pm
JMR1976 wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
Bullshit. He would beat Webb and pull a big gap on Webb no doubt, but lap Webb? Fuck no he wouldnt. Webb WOULD lap Herlings on...
JMR1976 wrote:
Breathe. Just giving a opinion.
Ain't nobody sayin that Herlings aint a badass. Aint nobody saying he aint the sand king. All I'm sayin is that the topic here is Webb and how well he's doing in ama supercross. But...if you see somebody sayin Webb is gonna go spank Herlings at Lommel......I'll laugh at them along with ya.
Ranman68
2/11/2019 8:59pm
Eddy wrote:
Any chance Webb is riding a 350?
No, but I do think a small guy like Webb who was so good on 250s would do well on the 350 though. It's an interesting thought and something I think they should experiment with. Maybe they have. Who knows. He's on a 450 though. The sound alone will tell you that.
Ranman68
2/11/2019 9:20pm
Racer111 wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
If you pull Webb’s nuts away from your eyes and actually watch the MXGP in Charlotte, you’ll see what I mean. If not you can even...
If you pull Webb’s nuts away from your eyes and actually watch the MXGP in Charlotte, you’ll see what I mean. If not you can even read this article. Here’s a paragraph from it.......

One look at the track map reveals how narrow the layout will be. That’s not a sticking point for the casual fan who is happy enough to sit in the grandstands and see most of the action front and center (think Supercross). However, the motocross purist will be none too pleased to see the Charlotte MXGP layout.“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/motocrossactionmag.com/amp/one-photo-one-s…
I'm sure pretty much everybody on here saw the Charlotte usgp. Regardless of the layout, it was far more spread out than an ama sx track. Mxgp motocross tracks are substantially tighter than ama motocross tracks, so to american fans I'm sure it seemed too tight for a motocross track. But to the GP riders, I'm sure it was halfway normal in that aspect. That track had no sections of super deep whoops, no high banked corners, no triples, no crazy scary rithym sections. Those things are in every ama supercross track. That track had none of those things. In no way did it resemble a supercross track. Just a tight (by U.S. standards), flat, simple motocross track. There was nothing about it that resembled our ama outdoor tracks either. It was just a track with basic, super simple shit. Nobody had an advantage one way or another. If it had resembled a true ama sx track then the u.s. riders would have had a huge advantage, and would have won by a full lap or more. That was a GP race, so no way would they build an sx track or something way off from what GP riders normally race on. Yeah it was kinda lame, but GP guys were just as comfortable on it as ama guys were.
2/11/2019 11:05pm
Well, one thing is for sure, Webb is on it and he's smart by looking anywhere and everywhere for an advantage @ 11:15:

"Do Ya'll have access to Baggett's settings??"
"He's my size, that's all I'm saying"
"He's always good in the whoops"

Webb is no dumbass and it's cool he's inquiring about another rider's settings:

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/video/AP-1Y9QKK4RH2111/preparing-for-…

Meanwhile, Marvin is scared to let everyone know what he wants to experiment with while being filmed....pretty good footage of these guys.

Post a reply to: Webb

The Latest