Webb

mx 219
Fantasy
974th
Edited Date/Time 1/31/2015 5:33pm
This hit me last Saturday, and Ive thought about it before, just didnt really dwell on the thought until last Saturday.

Could Cooper Webb be the next RV? Though he was a successful amateur he was always overshadowed by AC.Similarly to Alessi, AC was crowned the next big thing growing up. Webb has always been good, but after seeing his SX skills and his confidence I feel like it could happen.

I realize we still have over half the West sx to go and nationals will be interesting, but I think that Webb might actually have the hunger and drive to succeed more than AC. Injuries certainly havent helped Adam and he's a really nice kid, Im certainly curious to see how it pans out between them and the rest of the guys they are racing.
|
mx836
1/31/2015 2:17pm
Cooper has shown flashes, but thus far I don't think we can compare him to RV. Not far off to where RV was at that point though.
fidiot
1/31/2015 2:24pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2015 2:30pm
WAY too early.

Numerous 125/ lites riders have failed on big bikes after having successful rides on the smaller bikes.
bd
1/31/2015 2:24pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2015 2:27pm
mx 219 wrote:
This hit me last Saturday, and Ive thought about it before, just didnt really dwell on the thought until last Saturday. Could Cooper Webb be the...
This hit me last Saturday, and Ive thought about it before, just didnt really dwell on the thought until last Saturday.

Could Cooper Webb be the next RV? Though he was a successful amateur he was always overshadowed by AC.Similarly to Alessi, AC was crowned the next big thing growing up. Webb has always been good, but after seeing his SX skills and his confidence I feel like it could happen.

I realize we still have over half the West sx to go and nationals will be interesting, but I think that Webb might actually have the hunger and drive to succeed more than AC. Injuries certainly havent helped Adam and he's a really nice kid, Im certainly curious to see how it pans out between them and the rest of the guys they are racing.
AC292 gets hurt and you claim Cooper has more hunger than AC. Believe me, AC is driven. Or did you forget last years Supercross? He trains with A. Baker and is wired to win Championships. It is too premature to compare any of these young riders careers with RC, JS7, RV, Hannah, McGrath and Johnson etc. Way premature.

I will state this..... with Ciancurulo, Cooper, Martin, J. Smith, Mookie (who will be better on the big bike), J Nelson, Hill the future of the sport is looking awesome.

The Shop

mx 219
Fantasy
974th
1/31/2015 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2015 2:28pm
daemon616 wrote:
My eyes are on Jeremy Martin
yeah, but Martin is like 22 already.

I like Jeremy a lot, but I think he started racing pro at a late age.
bd
1/31/2015 2:26pm
daemon616 wrote:
My eyes are on Jeremy Martin
mx 219 wrote:

Dominated.... fucking dominated the 250F Nationals
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
1/31/2015 2:26pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2015 2:28pm
mx 219 wrote:
This hit me last Saturday, and Ive thought about it before, just didnt really dwell on the thought until last Saturday. Could Cooper Webb be the...

bd wrote:
AC292 gets hurt and you claim Cooper has more hunger than AC. Believe me, AC is driven. Or did you forget last years Supercross? He trains...
AC292 gets hurt and you claim Cooper has more hunger than AC. Believe me, AC is driven. Or did you forget last years Supercross? He trains with A. Baker and is wired to win Championships. It is too premature to compare any of these young riders careers with RC, JS7, RV, Hannah, McGrath and Johnson etc. Way premature.

I will state this..... with Ciancurulo, Cooper, Martin, J. Smith, Mookie (who will be better on the big bike), J Nelson, Hill the future of the sport is looking awesome.
the more injured he gets the more frustrated/hesitant he will get.

I realize the whole thing is premature, just food for thought.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
1/31/2015 2:31pm
mx 219 wrote:

See, here's what gets me, everyone keeps going on and on about how Coop was over shadowed by AC, when in reality Coop owned AC when they both race amatuers together.
1/31/2015 2:35pm
There's always that small bike prospect that shows great potential but just cant deliver to be the next best thing in the "premiere class." Webb is on it right now, and I know that AC would be too if he wasn't injured. Barcia showed potential to be a heavy hitter on the 450's, so did Pastrana. Weimer had his wins as well but things change throughout careers. While every rider out there is amazing and there's always the potential for one of these kids to "be the next one," it is way, way too early.
JB479
1/31/2015 2:36pm
mx 219 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:
See, here's what gets me, everyone keeps going on and on about how Coop was over shadowed by AC, when in reality Coop owned AC when...
See, here's what gets me, everyone keeps going on and on about how Coop was over shadowed by AC, when in reality Coop owned AC when they both race amatuers together.
Yeah but Ac had the spotlight and the factory ride. He got to train with Rv when he was on superminis.
fidiot
1/31/2015 2:41pm
mx 219 wrote:

John Dowd didn't start racing until he was 18 yrs old or something crazy. It's not like JM is 30 or something.
fidiot
1/31/2015 2:41pm
There's always that small bike prospect that shows great potential but just cant deliver to be the next best thing in the "premiere class." Webb is...
There's always that small bike prospect that shows great potential but just cant deliver to be the next best thing in the "premiere class." Webb is on it right now, and I know that AC would be too if he wasn't injured. Barcia showed potential to be a heavy hitter on the 450's, so did Pastrana. Weimer had his wins as well but things change throughout careers. While every rider out there is amazing and there's always the potential for one of these kids to "be the next one," it is way, way too early.
Add Tedesco to that list.
1/31/2015 2:44pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2015 2:45pm
Cooper is just 1 year younger than Roczen and I think he (Roczen) will be the man to beat in years coming.
Roczen is already proven on a 450 too.
Cooper is a small guy too, so we have to wait until he's on a 450 to see how good that transition is.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
1/31/2015 2:45pm
mx 219 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:
See, here's what gets me, everyone keeps going on and on about how Coop was over shadowed by AC, when in reality Coop owned AC when...
JB479 wrote:
Yeah but Ac had the spotlight and the factory ride. He got to train with Rv when he was on superminis.
Coop had Honda and Yamaha factory rides bit lacked the Monster hype machine that AC has.
NeKawBoy
1/31/2015 2:56pm
It's kind of fun comparing the younger riders to the last class of great riders.
I see Cooper being like RV due to the fact he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about being over-shadowed as an amateur. He get's fired up during the races and wears his emotions on his sleeve.
I see Jeremy Martin like a young Ryan Dungey. He may have a little less natural talent but, he puts his head down and just keeps working and working and working. Reserved and a little boring most of the time but, has an inner passion few others do...and when he show it from time to time people perk up and listen.
AC is like a young James Stewart...the most natural talent of his class of riders and the most gifted when it comes to engaging directly with fans. Maybe tries a little too hard because he's trying so hard to live up to the expectations of himself as well as his fans.

I really look forward to watching these young super-stars for the next decade...they are very similar in speed but, their personalities are so different half the fun will be watching them interact with one another.
machine
1/31/2015 3:39pm
I see Coop more like an RC (personality wise), hope that hating to lose, drives him to be great.
motomike137
1/31/2015 4:33pm
I think this battle with Bowers is going to do nothing but harden up Coopers resolve and if he wins this SX championship he has got to be one of the favorites heading into the outdoors. I can't wait for tonights race!
ForToo
1/31/2015 4:37pm
Hasn't RV won every title in which he completed the series?
drenmaster
Fantasy
1214th
1/31/2015 4:57pm
Webb looked really good on a 450 when he raced in Japan.. 1-1
bd
1/31/2015 5:04pm
ForToo wrote:
Hasn't RV won every title in which he completed the series?
When not injured before or during a series, RV has lost two titles to GL (2006 250W SX) and Trey Canard (2008 250E SX).
plowboy
1/31/2015 5:05pm
The way he came through the pack last Saturday leads me to believe he is capable of being a monster. Lets see how the season plays out before we give him the RV stamp.
MXD
1/31/2015 5:33pm
plowboy wrote:
The way he came through the pack last Saturday leads me to believe he is capable of being a monster. Lets see how the season plays...
The way he came through the pack last Saturday leads me to believe he is capable of being a monster. Lets see how the season plays out before we give him the RV stamp.
I don't put a lot of stock in 250 SX since you are racing a diluted field (1/2 the field is racing east). I put much more emphasis on the outdoors where last year he looked real good but not dominant by any means. He's still on the upswing so we'll have to see how far he goes.

Post a reply to: Webb

The Latest