Weather in Foxboro today...

Related:
Create New Tag

4/18/2020 4:12 PM

Looking for a small silver lining? The Foxboro, Massachusetts' round of Monster Energy Supercross was supposed to be going on right now in the home of the New England Patriots, which has six Super Bowl banners but no roof. Last night it snowed four inches in Foxboro, and right now the weather says it's 35 degrees and raining...

While the whole world may have been hit by a giant, soul-crushing viral meteor, we dodged a bullet, right?

DC
Racer X

|

4/18/2020 4:15 PM

Could always be worse. Thanks for the positivity DC

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

4/18/2020 4:18 PM

Well, DC, that would have sucked, but think of the potential drama it could have created in the series! In other news, we have had the worst freaking spring where I live. I feel like its the end of October.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

4/18/2020 4:35 PM

Seattle would have been a bad mudder as well.

|

4/18/2020 4:43 PM

DC, I was going to take my daughter to her first Supercross race there today, and she has been disappointed ever since it was cancelled. I just showed her the weather report for Boston after reading your post. She looked relieved about missing the race for the first time, then we talked about silver linings and keeping things in perspective. I owe you one.

|

4/18/2020 5:05 PM

we live in New England we love snow and we have winter coats, still would have been a good time

|

4/18/2020 5:17 PM

This was in PA where I live just last night. This is nonsense!!! Photo

|

4/18/2020 5:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2020 5:23 PM

Wicked cold, wicked windy and wicked wet. Which is wicked awesome

|

4/18/2020 5:44 PM

What a curveball it could've been in the championship though. I probably would've gotten 75 point on Pulp Fantasy.

|

vurbwes

4/18/2020 5:49 PM

Had a ticket. Coming from Canada, no prob.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

4/18/2020 6:28 PM

Snow in parts or R.I. today and 60 degrees tomorrow. Crazy.

|

4/18/2020 7:17 PM

82 last week in Illinois and it snowed a couple days ago.

|

4/18/2020 8:09 PM

Once again. Proves the point that a lot of times, the schedule makes no sense. April in New England is usually never very warm, and very unpredictable. Why would they schedule an outdoor race that far north in April?

|

4/18/2020 9:30 PM

Snow tires!?silly

|

4/18/2020 11:33 PM

probably not DC.....most I think would never have forgotten it. A little snow up here is nothing but magic, it is fun to race in with a good attitude.. WAY easier to race in than pouring rain. Ask anyone that raced in Middleboro this time of a cold year.

|

4/19/2020 5:51 AM

Jimmy D the rippa woulda hada friggin wicked race

|

4/19/2020 6:52 AM

All The races should be held in Arizona

|

4/19/2020 6:57 AM

It would have been great sitting on my couch in a climate controlled house lol.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

4/19/2020 6:59 AM

TropicPilot wrote:

DC, I was going to take my daughter to her first Supercross race there today, and she has been disappointed ever since it was cancelled. I just showed her the weather report for Boston after reading your post. She looked relieved about missing the race for the first time, then we talked about silver linings and keeping things in perspective. I owe you one.

Bring her to Southwick and we will get her a tour of some trucks or something!

My first SX was the Atlanta '78 race and we were supposed to race amateur day the next day but it rained all day and night, the race was a huge mudder and the amateur day was cancelled. Still, pretty cool weekend!

DC
Racer X

|

4/19/2020 8:11 AM

So what you are saying that we have learned from all this is.... we as a country need to have a stockpile of ventilators and feld needs to have a stockpile of timbersled kits? 🤪

|

4/19/2020 9:35 AM

TropicPilot wrote:

DC wrote:

My first SX was the Atlanta '78 race and we were supposed to race amateur day the next day but it rained all day and night, the race was a huge mudder and the amateur day was cancelled. Still, pretty cool weekend!

DC
Racer X

Hannah win that one on a stock bike?

|

4/19/2020 10:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2020 3:12 PM

TropicPilot wrote:

DC wrote:

DC
Racer X

ShipLap wrote:

Hannah win that one on a stock bike?

Yes, I'm pretty sure he rode stock in that whole series... And my bad, it was 1979! Here is a shot from Cycle News of that race... Photo

DC
Racer X

|

4/19/2020 11:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2020 11:18 AM

73* today in NorCal so she wanted to pop wheelies. We’ll be in the 80s by Tuesday so it looks like wheelie week in quarantine...

Photo

Photo

|

4/19/2020 1:31 PM

TropicPilot wrote:

DC wrote:

DC
Racer X

Deal! You are a class act, sir.

My first pro race was a mudder, too - the 1987 MXdN at Unadilla. Epic on so many levels and that mud didn't matter one bit at the end of the day.

|

4/19/2020 10:22 PM

TCMX972 wrote:

probably not DC.....most I think would never have forgotten it. A little snow up here is nothing but magic, it is fun to race in with a good attitude.. WAY easier to race in than pouring rain. Ask anyone that raced in Middleboro this time of a cold year.

Middleboro. Memories of mud or dust come to mind.

|

4/19/2020 11:56 PM

mud this time of year? i rememember doing the breazy races and it being cold but the first races of newengland

|

4/20/2020 12:09 AM

hard as rock and ice cold....i spun laps around uxbridge before the worester arenacrosss all alone....the truck was gravel and horrible....but we could actually ride there

|

4/20/2020 8:01 AM

Sun to fri Low temp of 13 with high winds in Mn. 80 to 160 mi of hvy snow in mn. wi., iL. 4-14 Chicago downtown 65 vehicle wreck with 45 injuries, Rockford wreck dump truck with big trucks, snow turned to ice rd. Thurs I-35 Iowa near Mo. 12 in of wet slippery snow. I Lived out East long time ago, in April snow is still possible. The iL. Storm was not in the forcast, I crashed out for 6 hrs. Woke up in shock, like oh man not again. All loads where pu, deliver on my 10 break All week.

|

4/20/2020 10:07 AM

Thanks for the silver lining, DC! Haha. I'm hoping we get some heavy rains of some kind in NJ on Sept 12...that's when I was supposed to get married but we had to move it back to June 2021.

|

Twitter: @bayodome
Instagram: @bayodome