Weather at Denver

mxgeoff
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:54am
Just looking on www.weather.com and it looks awesome. Does anyone else have an idea how it's meant to be.

Geoff
|
Highsider
9/15/2010 8:56am
I am bringing a warm coat, gloves and a knit cap and hope never to touch them.

It snowed a bit, on those dates, in 2009.
mxgeoff
9/15/2010 8:59am
Highsider wrote:
I am bringing a warm coat, gloves and a knit cap and hope never to touch them.

It snowed a bit, on those dates, in 2009.
Says 23 degrees and sun on my computer??? Nine degrees in the night...
DownSouth
9/15/2010 9:05am
High 75 low 49 on the Team USA temperature gauge.

23 and 9 on the GP thermometer.
txmxer
9/15/2010 9:10am
it will get chilly at night.

With the mountains right there, anything can happen, but it will probably be nice.

The Shop

pie8man
9/15/2010 9:20am
It could snow.... or it could be 90+. Or both in the same day.... I love it here!! It was 90 here yesterday and it had been occasionally dipping into the low 50's at night.
Chris_ONeal
9/15/2010 10:04am
Talked to my buddy that lives there and he said the weather is perfect right now. Mid 80's and sunny! Says it gets a little chilly at night.

He also said he stopped by the track yesterday and says they are bringing in massive amounts of dirt! Says the track is really different from the National and looks to be really really good for the Des Nations!

Can't wait! We are leaving next Thursday!
mxgeoff
9/15/2010 10:10am
Talked to my buddy that lives there and he said the weather is perfect right now. Mid 80's and sunny! Says it gets a little chilly...
Talked to my buddy that lives there and he said the weather is perfect right now. Mid 80's and sunny! Says it gets a little chilly at night.

He also said he stopped by the track yesterday and says they are bringing in massive amounts of dirt! Says the track is really different from the National and looks to be really really good for the Des Nations!

I heard from the YS track guy there will be some really nice changes and they will make sure it gets really rough throughout the weekend. I hope it doesn't favor the American team too much, would be nice if the racing is close. Home track advantage for Team USA would mean murder for the GP guys.

Can't wait. I fly out on Thursday morning.
jeffro503
9/15/2010 10:13am
Talked to my buddy that lives there and he said the weather is perfect right now. Mid 80's and sunny! Says it gets a little chilly...

mxgeoff wrote:
I heard from the YS track guy there will be some really nice changes and they will make sure it gets really rough throughout the weekend...
I heard from the YS track guy there will be some really nice changes and they will make sure it gets really rough throughout the weekend. I hope it doesn't favor the American team too much, would be nice if the racing is close. Home track advantage for Team USA would mean murder for the GP guys.

It didn't seem to hinder the guys from the USA riding those "rough" tracks overseas during past MXoN events did it? So why would a smoother track hinder the Euro guys here?

I don't think it's going to be smooth to be honest.
9/15/2010 10:15am
mxgeoff wrote:
I heard from the YS track guy there will be some really nice changes and they will make sure it gets really rough throughout the weekend...

I think the fact that they will be racing dirt bikes favors the American Team. Laughing
mxgeoff
9/15/2010 10:57am

mxgeoff wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
It didn't seem to hinder the guys from the USA riding those "rough" tracks overseas during past MXoN events did it? So why would a smoother...
It didn't seem to hinder the guys from the USA riding those "rough" tracks overseas during past MXoN events did it? So why would a smoother track hinder the Euro guys here?

I don't think it's going to be smooth to be honest.
I agree, just the American's are VERY, VERY good on those super fast tracks, while when it gets rough they are just VERY good, which gives the GP guys a chance.

Like just about every GP fan the American's have to be favorites due to their record and the fact it's at home. Nobody will ever take that away from them.
RedRider31
9/15/2010 11:46am Edited Date/Time 9/15/2010 11:49am
It's been pretty warm the last two days, but it can change fast this time of year. I will definitely bring a light jacket, and an umbrella for the sun in the early afternoon. 2 weekends ago, I was driving by the track at night. They were out there working the track with just the lights on the tractors.
cdm806
Fantasy
1404th
9/15/2010 1:23pm
10 years in the Army tought me to never be unprepared. I'm bringing winter jacket, shorts, and everything in between.
9/15/2010 1:29pm
cdm806 wrote:
10 years in the Army tought me to never be unprepared. I'm bringing winter jacket, shorts, and everything in between.
They issued that stuff to me also....then got orders to S.E. Asia!!
Rupert X
9/15/2010 2:12pm

WOW - Latest weather report is gonna throw a 13mm T-handle wrench into the works -

bike....

* 100 % CHANCE of American domination, with a 75 % chance of some nasty whips

and semi-cloudy look-backs.

* 93 % CHANCE of European excuses, missing cheese and wine....etc...

* 187 % CHANCE the Euro bikes will look more bad-asser than ours.

* 32% percent chance of me dressing inappropriately and sporting beer-breath.

RedRider31
9/15/2010 2:54pm
I wonder if the promoters will jack up the price of beer. $6 when the nationals came through here was too much as it is.
FIREfish148
9/15/2010 2:59pm
Rupert X wrote:
WOW - Latest weather report is gonna throw a 13mm T-handle wrench into the works - bike.... * 100 % CHANCE of American domination, with a...

WOW - Latest weather report is gonna throw a 13mm T-handle wrench into the works -

bike....

* 100 % CHANCE of American domination, with a 75 % chance of some nasty whips

and semi-cloudy look-backs.

* 93 % CHANCE of European excuses, missing cheese and wine....etc...

* 187 % CHANCE the Euro bikes will look more bad-asser than ours.

* 32% percent chance of me dressing inappropriately and sporting beer-breath.

hahaha nice, I dig it.
Rupert X
9/15/2010 3:10pm

I've been TREYING hard to not come up SHORT in the enthusiasm level, but I

CANARDLY withhold my giddiness, DUNGEY know ?

European and I'm just standing here all cool - like, sipping my dangerous beer and

awaiting my turn in the port-a-potty,
cpj36
9/15/2010 3:21pm

careful you're eliminating one of the most important excuses used by the GP fans, Short's home track and Dungey and Canard know it like the back of their hand.
jeffro503
9/15/2010 3:26pm
Rupert X wrote:
I've been TREYING hard to not come up SHORT in the enthusiasm level, but I CANARDLY withhold my giddiness, DUNGEY know ? European and I'm just...

European and I'm just standing here all cool - like, sipping my dangerous beer and

HAHA! God damn Rup....where the hell do you come up with this stuff?
Highsider
9/15/2010 5:07pm
Rupert X wrote:
I've been TREYING hard to not come up SHORT in the enthusiasm level, but I CANARDLY withhold my giddiness, DUNGEY know ? European and I'm just...

jeffro503 wrote:
HAHA! God damn Rup....where the hell do you come up with this stuff?
I think this may be one of Rup's better limericks!

...and I have been reading them for probably ten years, or more.Pinch
Towelie
9/15/2010 5:08pm
Its been very nice and the forecast does not appear to be changing any time soon here in sunny Denver Colorado.

Post a reply to: Weather at Denver

The Latest